(2012/10) Oct 2012

Hi mums/mums-to-be,

Just back from BKK... tiring trip. I also registered for Mt A pre-natal class in Jul, but they have not confirmed if my class is on weekday or weekend (waiting list). Any mum is Jul class?

I just talked to my CL, she told mi to eat durian is gd for bb. Dont take so much "dang gu" cos is too heaty.. She suggest mi to drink "排骨汤 cook red bean and huai san". Drink bird nest too..

Btw anyone interested to take pre-natal photos?

LL, I'm taking the July class on weekdays. Starting 1st wk of jul...
happy.gif

May, Yeah! I hope you are right. Think I will check it out during my next visit. We went for the Mt A pre-natal classes previously. The 1st lesson on diet/nutrition is quite boring. Hee.. not sure if the program is still the same. But I think its a good time for the couple to bond during the lesson. And for hb to 'bond' with bb or prepare himself for bb arrival.
happy.gif

Esther, Your hb is sooo sweet. You should go for it. Couple time is so precious. Now that we got #1 and we haven't travel since her birth cause it really drags me to think of the stuff that we need to bring along if we bring her.

Mini22, Are you referring to dang gui? Its a big no-no during pregnancy. And for confinement, some mummies will avoid it too as it will affect milk supply.

Esther, your hub so nice! When i said i wana go for babymoon, he said cannot fly, scared pressure no good for baby. I can only go Roadtrip or Cruise. If go Cruise i scared sea-sick easily...

I'm doing prenatal class with wong boi boi in July. Anywone attending her class?

My clinic asked me to book room liao, but i have yet to visit the room. You ladies went for the room tour already? (TMC)

Esther: Definitely go for the babymoon! Good to spend more time together before baby arrives. It is truly life-changing (but in a good way I feel).

Booking of rooms at TMC: They have daily hospital tours so I think the most convenient way is to book a slot just before you visit the gynae and then you can join the tour after the clinic visit.

Esther - go for d babymoon !!! I'm still trying to convince Hubby to u. any thoughts where to go ?

On Tmc Wong boi boi class, I m attending the June class now . Cos d lady say can attend fr week 20 onwards

We actually planned for 2 baby moons, one at start of T2 to taipei (which we went Liao n enjoyed v much, I climbed the rocky hills at Chiu fen n insisted to do star jump for pic at CKS memorial much to his frustration) n another one at end of T2 using my miles to redeem 2 return tkts to hk, then after starting prep on baby essentials, don't really feel like gg 2nd baby moon cos wana save the money for e big tkt items like cot, stroller etc, n there's wrk. But now i feel regret after hearing what u guys are saying abt precious time n I feel sorry rejecting hb, last week he suggested if i don't wana spend so much, we can go KL nearer n cheaper but I still said no.

Esther
We wanted to go nz but Hubby not free. Lucky went Phuket already.

Re: cruise
Cruise can only go up to 24 weeks. After which, not allowed on board

Esther
The rates that I mentioned is per night. Hardly we can understand how they charge the rates in the TMC website la. Just get admit, give birth, and pay accordingly. Wahahahaha....

Wow... Babymooning. I don't dare to go for trips liao. I remember the last time I went for babymooning before I almost pop.... the swelling on the feet. Aiyooo....

i went langkawi last week for my babymoon with #1 and hubby. #1 quite cranky there but luckily hubby could handle him. not too many things to bring cuz mostly toilettrained, only brought 6 diapers for 4 days :p no need formula too cuz anyway i dun give him formula. jus cheese/ fresh milk from hotel and breastfeeding good enuf...

going to enter 24 weeks. after the babymoon last week, itching a bit to go holiday again.. but not much time now.. hubby even suggested staycation though he never liked the idea.. :p

I have started on the weekend prenatal classes in mt A and also signed up for the card ;) just to get ourselves prepared although most info can be found online

On babymoon - any review on bintan angsana vs banyan tree ? Hubby thinks going by waters is safer than going to a place by air - scare air pressure will affect Bb wor

Btil, i think there are more likely to be medical personnel traveling on plane in case u need help than by boat? dunno...is that why the cruise limit is lower than airlines?

when i was in langkawi, actually took one quite rough boatride during island hopping.. so scared it was gonna capsize! and on the islands, hubby and #1 almost kenna attacked by monkey (they were behind me) cuz they wanted to steal #1's water bottle. what an adventure!

Re cruise: because it takes a long time to travel by sea to nearest port but if compared to airplane, it might just take a
Matter of hours to reach an airport. Some babies can survive at 24 weeks with the help of a nicu unit. Anyway to go on cruise prior to 24 weeks need letter from doc to certify that preg is safe to go for cruise

<font color="0000ff">raspy:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Some say the course abit unless as some will not practice it.. I wana go thru with my hubby so to prepare him n have a feel lo.. Dun wan him to be in total lost.. haha</font>

I find that the course not v useful leh cause I don't practice the exercise. The part on bathing baby and taking care, some hospitals provide a free course after delivery during your stay which I find is sufficient. But good to be mentally prepared before birth bah

Pre-natal course: I think the most useful aspects of the course was the ability to practice the breastfeeding positions and to practice carrying the "baby". Good for a clueless first time mum that I was.

Langkawi: Skinnybeanie, we are headed there for a couple of days in July without no. 1
happy.gif
Looking forward to spending some couple time together. Which resort did you book? We are staying at the Datai 'cos we stayed in and liked their sister property in Vietnam.

Btil: Not much difference between Angsana and Banyan Tree except that Banyan Tree has better restaurants. Plus I think Banyan Tree only has villas so the cost is higher. Our last trip we stayed at Angsana and ate at the Banyan tree (they have buggies to take you there so it will not be a problem).

Esther> Yes do go for babymoon! My last real holiday was for Honeymoon then after that pregnant no more holidays liao. As when you have a baby and want to bring baby along for holiday can be quite challenging and alot of things to bring. Thus, I mange to convince my hubby for a babymoon for #2 this time yeah! Else, think I cant travel within 2 years again..

Hi summer,

My course still not yet confirm (hoping to get the weekend class as hubby cannot off work early on weekday). If really no more slot for weekend, will be weekday then can see u at the class.

U claim the free cooler bag for the ladies card? Can the cooler bag be used to keep breastmilk?

Wow... so many talking about Babymoon. I would also love to go for one, but base on last experience really scared. Maybe Staycation.
happy.gif

But most probably, will go for a short trip with hubby to Genting as the temple there sells a very good Ginger wine. The ginger wine can be used to cook confinement food or just take it directly. And it's cheap! Maybe you ladies might wanna consider it.
happy.gif

Amy: Pls provide me with ur full FB name. And pls check your FB privacy settings to ensure that u allow public search as well as allow ppl to add u as friend
happy.gif

Hi mummies.. I m also a nov mum.. But cos first one is caesarean so #2 will also be caesarean.. So mostly will deliver end oct..
Wow so many of u planning for babymoon..
M planning for BBK also.. . But afraid will be too tiring..
Everyone here know your baby gender already?? Gynae jus advise maybe it a gal.. Need to wait for tml detail scan n confirm..

Feeling so xin ku... My office building undergoing renovation.. Everyday breathing in either dust, paint, super glue and/or dunno what else.. Bosses nv said tat I can work from home or wat also.. Haiz.. So worried will affect the lil one inside..

Amy, maybe you can check with your boss to see whether you can telecommute from home during these period?

I'm also planning for my prenatal photoshoot as well but am holding back till my tummy is more visible.. so maybe like Ming, will go for it during 3rd trim... hopefully then my tummy will be bigger
happy.gif

elizabeth>> I doubt so tat they will allow. Tat time my office air-con broke down they already not happy to let me wk from home le, now they will juz think I am trying to be difficult. =( I even thot of asking my gynae if can gimme hospitalisation leave.. LOL

RE: Prenatal photoshoot>> Most of my frenz did theirs in their 3rd tri when their tummies are bigger. I don't think I will be doing, but will go for 全家幅 like serenelm when our bb is out. Make up for our wedding photoshoot which we skipped. =)

Shortlisted the following, please advise. Thanks

1) Natal Essentials
2) Newbaby.com.sg
3) ConfinementFood.com
4) Chili Padi Catering
5) Aunty Li Confinement Food

Those who have tried for your previous pregnancies or your friends/families have tried, please advise tastiness of food.

Are the prenatal classes a must? I am actually quite interested but seems like my hubby not too keen coz he feels it is a waste of money and all info can get from internet. *shakes head*

Hi Namie,
I'm also looking for confinement tingkat.
Have short listed 4.
- RichFood Catering
- Singapore Confinement Food
- Newbaby
- Natal Essentials

Thinking of ordering RichFood and Natal Essentials trial.

Namie..my ex manager recommend Natal Essentials..im nt fussy abt food ah..so far ok for me..portion sometimes my hub help me to eat..

but MIL said some of their stuff i cannot eat..faint..keke..like chinese mushrooms..

always delivered on time and early..everyday got free longan red date drink..soup ok..

Amy..my hub also dont want to go for my #1..keke

anyway we went to Wong Boi Boi class..hehe

her class is vert interesting ah..but i never learn anything..keke..as in breathing techniques..i kept pratising everyday..but when the contractions came..everything i 4get..and not in use..whahahahahahahah

bbkay>> I think a lot of men dun like to go for these classes lorz.. =x Haha.. I heard a lot of stories tat when contractions come, u wun remb anything u learnt previously. LOL.. I dun dare think so far yet abt delivery, coz like quite scary.

My hubby is for the class.. maybe cause i'm preggy and he felt he should give in to me.. but on the other hand, i think he just wanted to be as prepared for our first kid.. i think if we ever going to have a 2nd one.. he will not go for it again haha..

bbkay, Same here. I also don't remember those breathing technique. And Im worse, I cant recall how to do it once I step out of the class.
happy.gif

Elizabeth, These classes are usually for 1st time mummies. For 2nd one, I think you also don't want to go, cause already learn from experience during #1.

Back