(2012/10) Oct 2012

thanks..

i think there's $100 off for 1bedder

then some % here and there.

so the card only cost $100+

which we though just sign lo.

glad to know that we can use it for the scan.

KilK's Mum - My progesterone pill is oral.

Ccharis - protestgrone is the pregnancy hormone we produce during pregnancy by the placenta (I think). thru blood test doc will know d level and if low (leading to possible miscarriage), doc may prescribe pills to boast this hormone level, so ts kinda of 'an tai' medicine. If everything seem fine, ususlly doc may not prescribe... I got prescribed to strengthen as it wad a miracle we manage to conceive

Dear Keiko & SnU, w to sign the FBI? As im goin for my Oscar scan also so think its good to get some discount from there.

Thank you

Oekmer, FBI is an incentive scheme offered by Thomson Medical Centre (TMC).
You could earn saving if you are using the services in TMC only.
http://www.thomsonmedical.com/facilities.htm
I will be signing up at TMC reception counter located at level 1.
A fee of $148 to be paid.

As i have decided to do my assessment and delivery at TMC, so maybe would to get FBI.

SnU, did you get the books when you signed up. Are the books written by Wong Boh Boi?

Btw, just saw that there will be another talk in April
http://www.thomsonmedical.com/pdf/motherbabybestforbabies.htm

I have also went to the talk yesterday. I like Mrs Wong session
happy.gif

SnU

lol.. not cheated la... there are some discounts.. like wat the rest mention on OSCAR test...
happy.gif
but not on the scans though...
i check out w the information counter girl last weekend, overall the discount i felt not much discount... so we decide to give it a miss...

Little_D

joking la...
not blaming any1.

yep, we got the books.

and enjoyed mrs wong session.

gave away the milk formula to a neighbour
who son just above 1 yr, just stop bf too.
told them we went seminar,
the husband was praising mrs wong about her jokes.

we went to the seminar organised by parkway group last nov,

thats how we know about folic pills and proper counting la and etc...

cheaper ticket prices
more in dept discussion of each stage
more alert hotel stuffs (eg: bottled waters at the corner of the rooms)

celeb la...
food la..
goodie bag la...
all secondary thus not discussing here.

not forgetting,
there was this photobooth at the entrance,
which we got our momento
with a nice catch phrase
"A Dragon Baby On The Way"

Motivated us to "work" hard"
which we did from nov 2011.

hee
happy.gif

Btil, thanks for explaining to me! Neither my GP nor gynae mentioned about this, I wondered if we need to go through test to determine if I would need to take? I know, sibei kiasu, lol!

Hi Little_D - can I be added to the list?
ccharis/27/1/TMC or Mt. E/Dr. Caroline Khi/10.10
FB email is [email protected]

Btw. Some of you ladies talking about the OSCAR test, issit not the same rate for all clinics? Or at least should be same if under TMC. Some mentioned 400-500 but last week went I went to ACJ at TMC, my gynae told me 298 before GST.

hi mummies,

i think i'm pregnant... menses still not here, i'm those very zhun de...

if it really happen this will be my #2... but my #1 is only 8 months plus now... a bit headache.

i calculated that is going to due 1 Nov 2012 and #1 is c-sect de... so #2 also going to be c-sect which is will be end Oct.

Just back from gynae... Can see baby's heartbeat!

Can help me update my EDD to 18 Oct? Nurses calculated wrongly.. Thanks!

coming 10 months...1st one birthday 11 May 2011.....which gyne and hospital will you be with? maybe we can share ward haha...

Dear Keiko, thank you for your explaination. Too bad I will have my delivery at Mt Alvernia.

hi ccharis: for Oscar Scan, yah i think different gynae different rate bah. Mine is around $300+.

Dear mummies
I confirm have a miscarriage pls delete me from the chart ...yday gt a strange tissue found when I go toilet today scan still no sac found ...
Sigh

Mavis, i haven select my gyne and hospital yet. i'm not going back to my previous doc....

i shall think abt it when i confirm that i'm preggy.

i'm feeling so gulity... i just gave birth last yr June and was on maternity leave all the way till end sept and my boss still gave me a promotion... i dunno how to tell him i'm pregnant again (if i'm really pregnant)!!!

haha...ok i shall wait for your good news...actually i also paisei i havent even finish using the enhanced maternity leave yet haha...

He is Dr Chan Yew Foon at Mount E (very old gyne but first time eveything is ok so i decide to stay with him), first one was delivered at Mount A. Considering Thomson this time round hehe. I stay in Tiong bahru. You?

ccharis, I have called up TMC to check. Apparently, the clinic assistant tell me the wrong pricing :-(

OSCAR only - $298 before GST
OSCAR and Fetal Anomaly Scanning - $460 before GST

Divein, dun be too sad yah.. my colleague had e situation with you last Nov'11 however she is 4th mths pregnant now. Dun give up yah.. take care!!!

Keiko - wat is the different btw OSCAR & OSCAR with Fetal Anomaly Scanning? I thought OSCAR will consist of scanning & blood test??

Mavis, i stay tampines. i mayb be using a gyne near my house... recommended by my June'11 FB group, can choose either TMC too... i think Mt. A too... will confirm everything is confirm... heehee

OSCAR consist of Ultrasound measurement of Nuchal Translucency (NT) at 11 to 13 weeks + 6 days gestation of the fetus and blood test.

Fetal Anomaly Scanning is to be done on week 20.

Divein: Take care. Rest well and try again. Take some tonic to "bu".

TMC FBI/SBI card: Just a tip for the 1st time mummies - you may want to sign up as late as possible as the FBI card has a validity period of 2 years so I had nurses telling me they see some patients manage to have number 1 and number 2 using the same card. Just a thought
happy.gif

hi mummies,

i dont feel like preggie
happy.gif
so much diff with the first one... appetite still ok, everything ok except I become very forgetful & can't concentrate at work
sad.gif

not sure whether bcs this is my 2nd x or bcs of hormone change

hi i m back after missing so many posts...
finally went to see my gynae (n face reality)., as she was away on hol for 2 weeks

bb #2
edd: 27 sep (not oct as I calculated!)
hosp: tmc
doc: dr LN sim

ming - I actually wanted JW cause my BFF both kids was w her, but HB's doc recommended Caroline, am glad we picked her! I like her a lot, very very gentle & soft spoken, hehe! However, headache is that I may not want to deliver at TMC so now dunno how to 'get her out' to Mt E leh, sobs!

Zeezzen - Congrats! You must be so elated now... How many weeks already and did you managed to hear the heartbeat?

Oekmer - That's so double standard, IMHO lah. After all we're all doing at TMC (thou' visiting different clinics) so the price gap just won't justify.

Oh! Keiko, thanks for the clarification, ok, a sigh of relieve at least none of us here are being "cheated" at premium pricing. What is FA scan btw? Issit mandatory or?

Keiko, sorry! Fingers faster. Also, so many tests until I blur.

Ming - May I ask how much is your 1st visit with Khi? I was billed 460+ (my friend whom used ACJ last in 2 years ago said she didn't pay so much too) but dunno issit because diff gynae (she used JW) leh... Only consultation + 2 supplements (multi-v and vit c) that's excluding the upcoming OSCAR test, cause recept ask me wanna pay at one go or not but I didn't advance it. Kiasi lang, lol!

Divein - I'm so sorry to hear your loss, and for whatever reason, I know it's hard but try to move on and please really do a mini confinement to build your body up, you need it (although you may not be in the mood) cause I'm sure although the flight is delayed now - but it will arrive (soon!) hope you can also stay around with us too.

My friend also had a miscarriage sometime last May but now she is 15 weeks pregnant already so don't lose hope!

God bless, and comfort you...

FA scan is not mandate. Depends on your doctor's advice. I was told by the Clinic Assistant about the FA scan, so I post the information here.

Actually, I have one more test to do coz i'm a Plus size before preggy on week 28.
Blood test for Diabetic.
Happen to ask Dr about that I'm plus size, than he said I need to do this test. >_<!!!

Divein - pls rest well and know dat u did everything a great mum cud do for her child! Things hapPen for a reason dat we will understand later.

Ccharris- no mention, only sharing d limited info I hv (1st time MTB)... Dats what the forum is all about bah !:)

Rach - finally I found someone on this thread seeing same gynae Dr LN Sim! How do u find her? She was my friend's gynae for her two kids and I started seeing her last aug when trying to conceive. I wanted a nice gentle female gynae

Keiko - Fret not, I also! Even thou' I am not +size, but because my family got history of diabetes so I also need to test, and also, thalassemia cause my Mum is +ve. I very very scared of poke needles de, so my gynae said, one shot do all, but that means I have to draw a lot of blood at 1 go, errrrrrrr!

ccharis, i am also scared of needles. so when Dr told me, i am very nervous. But what to do.
I think must do at least two blood tests. One for OSCAR in end of 1st trimester and another one on start of 3rd trimester.
sad.gif

Rach: Yep. So sign up on the day of OSCAR
happy.gif

ccharis: I think I paid $200 plus, almost $300 for my last appointment. I need to go and check with my secretary 'cos my bills are covered by the company's insurance. I also got some prenatal vits and progesterone during that visit. If it was your first consultation, I think the consultation charges will be higher - but only for that 1st visit. I like Dr Khi - we "click" with her, which is very important.

As for trying for Mt E, my gf just delivered with Dr Khi too. For her 1st one, Dr Khi was willing to deliver at Mt E, but not this year. I think it's got to do with the Dragon year - more babies or something so she doesn't really want to venture out of TMC. So just be prepared you may have to use TMC after all.

Chez(chelz_mum), I don't feel preggy at all too on some days. I hvnt been to the gynae yet for any scan, thus far only to GP to confirm pregnancy plus get folic acid..

so sometimes i wonder am i really pregnant.. or could it be false positive....

how many weeks are you, have you seen gynae?

Divein,
*hugz* do take care of urself &amp; have a mini confinment to nourish back ur body n health. Rest well.

Btil, maybe u want to inform ur gynae that the progestrone pills are giving u bad MS by taking orally? Insert is suppose to reduce the bad nausa feeling.

Autumn, when's ur 1st appt? u havent seen a gynae yet??

Lil K's mummy, I've not seen gynae yet. My appnt with him is this Sat tho. I calculated I'll be 6wks this Sat so hopefully can see something on the scan else.....

Back