(2012/10) Oct 2012

Hi
I have also stop bfing after being advise by my gyna and tcm doctor 2wks ago when I found out that I am pregnant. Ladies who are still bfing pls consult your gynae asap.

My gal who is 31 months is still latching on at night. I mentioned this to the gynea. She said no issue.

I told my gynae i only stopped after making the call to the clinic. He didnt mention abt the miscarriage part though. He just said it's good to stop also as certain hormones will be produced during pregnancy. I didnt ask him to elaborate also since i've stopped.

Initially i thought my boy will cry for days & it's going to be v difficult cos we've failed so many times trying to wean him previously.

This time round, i jus told him tat mummy's tummy will be pain, baby will also be pain, if u suck. Do u want mummy to be pain? He said no & tats how he stopped. He did try his luck the next few days but i repeated the same thing. Then he stopped asking for it already. We were so surprised!

Hi all,

we stay near to Kallang,

any reputable gynae near our place that you all can recommend?

Hospital not decide yet also.

SnU, I'm also staying near kallang and am gg to KKH. Super convenient esp when I was in labour with #1
happy.gif

Hi MTBs,

Just to share the joy...

Received my second blood test, taken two days after the first test - good news, my hcg level more than doubled. It tripled! From 300+ to 1300+
happy.gif

Although the gestational age of the baby should be 5 weeks, but gynae didn't see the sac and said it could be because I ovulated late. The blood test was to confirm that the pregnancy was viable.

The news made my day
happy.gif

One step at a time, for first trimester!

how's everyone?
i'm having such a bad cough that i cant sleep at all at night. whenever i cough i can feel my whole tummy area tightening! my little beanie is like going thru earthquarke every few mins. so worried if he will be affected or not...

i'm still waiting for the first appt next week... right now it feels like i'm having a bad case of indigestion rather than having a baby. feels so strange and unreal until i see the blinking beanie on the screen.

Grats ynove!
Im still waiting for my 1st appt..Gynae brought it forward to next Sat as i had history of MC last Nov..Hope everything turns out well!
happy.gif

Ynove, I just saw dr ww. Also can't see anything yet, he mentioned not to worry as long as there is no bleeding. I due back for scan in two weeks. Let's relax, remain happy and wait for next appointment :)

to all mummies bfing #1, Dr ww recommended that I stop bf. He says won't harm the pregnancy but till be hard to bf #1 with a newborn in future. He says just wean through cold turkey. Will miss it so much.

Kikilala, oh dear. I once had a bad cough for WEEKS which wouldn't go away. Prevented me from sleeping. Try this to soothe your coughs, it really warms your chest. Comvita's Herbal Propolis Elixir (formerly known as Winter Wellness): http://www.comvita.co.uk/healthcare/winter-wellness/propolis-herbal-elixir.html

Can buy from Nature's Farm and most natural health food stores.

Taurus & autumn,
Thanks for your well wishes! Plodding on
happy.gif

Cocopops,
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

yaataa,
My next scan is due in two weeks too. Anyway, it's not such a good idea actually to visit the gynae too early in the pregnancy (like 4 or 5 weeks) cos we end up worrying ourselves unnecessarily if we don't see the bean turn up on ultrasound! So you're right, we'll take it as it comes
happy.gif

Hi yaataa
Oh ok.. Thot by now, many pp will know as she needs to wear maternity wear?? Anyway, lets respect her n hope soon will know who is this mystery person..;) u take care k..

Hi all MTBs,
I've been a silent reader these few weeks & would like to join in here too
happy.gif

Nick: k'smummy
Expecting : bb no#2
Hospt: TBC
Gynae:Dr Ang HY
EDD:5th oct.

Jus had my 2nd appt today & so happy to hear the heartbeat! Edd suppose to be 7th oct but according to Gynae scan today, edd is 5th instead.
Thou I don't really think MS has hitted but I'm starting to feel heatburn at times, frequently tired n hungry easily too.

Hi - shd I b worried ? My 1st scan last week shows 6 week 0 day and doc cud see yolksac and fetal (2.1mm). She cud detect hb but I cudnt see d blink dat some of u shared ... Today my tummy felt v tight after a stressful day at wk ...

Appreciate any sharing to ease my worries- Thks!:)

Btil, if the tightening is prolonged, you may want to check with gynae. Else those sporadic episodes of tightening are quite normal accord to my gynae cos of womb expansion etc...

octomum.. dont worry or think too much.. everything shall b fine.. k

may i know if anyone has started on milk? and what brand are u drinking? i started on similac mum recently.. n dont know y almost everytime i drink, will sure diarrohea after that..
sad.gif

can check with you all

which gynae have evening consultation slots ar?

also, does dr ww does consultation at TMC ?

dr benjamin tham seemed good, but his hours are office hours, whcih we don't wanna take too much leave.

Btil,

If tightening of the tummy persist, u need to check with gynae. I have tummy tightening problem at 20 weeks when I was pregnant with my #2...turn out to be pre-term contractions and I was given ventolin to control the contractions. Luckily, i could control till week 32 before I gave birth to #2. Meanwhile, try to relax and don't get too stress
happy.gif

Taurus76,

The only type of milk I drink now is meiji fresh milk. Don't really like the taste of milk powder :p But I tried similac and Enfamama before, didn't have diarrhea after drinking them...think u shouldn't have diarrhea everytime u drink...if diarrhea still happen after a few days, u may want to switch brand...

Hi All,
I am new member in this forum, although already signed up a long time ago...

I am in Week 7 now and this is my 1st pregnancy. I am going to Dr. Fong in Tiong Bahru and my EDD is 4th Oct.

I have been having morning sickness, tired, heart burning and hungry feeling this 2 weeks. Sometimes stomach pain too.. Is it normal?

@snu, how about saturday gynae visit? My gynae is very experienced. 40 years delivering experience. my friend age 38 is delivered by him last time.. haha! Can google Dr. Lim Teck Chye and read others reviews on him first.

ya,
we were thinking
abo take 1/2 day leave for me...

if not sat.

thanks all for the wonderful recommendation.

who going to abbott talk this sunday?

Hi all..Just to check,any of u had breakouts?I have very bad breakouts around my forehead!

And i've put on 2 kilos!Im constantly hungry and my tummy is super bloated!Hubs said i looked 3-4 mths preggie
sad.gif

Octomum,
Take this chance for a good rest and try not to walk so much!

SnU,
What type of abbott talk? baby care?

Coco Pops,
I am super bloated too and tummy looked so big! I can't fit into most of my bottoms now
sad.gif

njon.. ya, thinking to switch maybe to mamil mum... my friend said anmum vry fattening .. can only drink once a day

octomum.. try to walk as least as possible.. n have a gd rest..

cocopops.. think ur hormones r reacting to pregnancy if u dont used to prone to such breakouts.. oldfolks said having breakouts most likely a girl (this was what happen to me when i had my girl).. n normally mummies w boy have better skin complexion, however nose can b quite big.. but i tink it still vry much depend on indvidiual..
happy.gif

i will b c my gynae tmr.. dont dare to think of the wt i have already put on during these 2 wks..
sad.gif

Taurus,
I have some pimples on my chin too...does that mean I am going to have a girl?? hooray!

But when I am pregnant with my 2 boys, I do not have big nose leh...

njon.. hope ur wish comes true!
happy.gif

i knew my friend n her sis having boys have big noses during their pregnancy but skin complexion was definitely gd.. even my hb's cousin wife also have the same symptons..

for now, i dont have breakouts and nose still remains the same..

cocopops: The breakouts are probably due to hormonal changes. Check with gynae on your next visit.

Milk: I drank the dumex mothers' milk and liked it when I was pregnant with #1. Be careful though - I think the mothers' milk powders cause weight gain. This time round I am drinking low fat high calcium fresh milk. Not a milk fan so have to spike it with milo or nestum etc.

when i was preg with #1, my nose was HUGEEEE and i had the most flawless skin i had ever had in all my life!! i didn't have MS too. so all the old wives' tales pointing to a boy were quite true for me. this time round, i don't have a strong hunch yet though :p can't wait for bb to grow!

I was having acne problem before preggy. Now, my friend commented that my complexion improves alot and I do feel my nose looks a little swollen then before. But I prefer a girl that I could doll her up.
I have also bought Similac Mum but don't like the taste. So I will continue with my Meiji milk.
Anyone have sleeping problem? For past week, I would automatically wake up around 4am, go to the loo and could get back to sleep an hour later. This affects my focus during work :-(

Thanks all..I'll check with my Gynae next Sat.

I was given Simillac sample from my GP but have yet to try.Is it nice?Not a fan of milk tho..Some mommies here mentioned that its nice..Hmm..

Thks autumn n njon for d advice ! Tightening went away ... gynae on leave and next appt is 7 march .... Will monitor ...
perhaps will call tmr and see what d nurse says..

Anyone on protesgestrone ? Gynae Said it's like 'an tai' medicine, gave me just in case cos we tried so hard.

Trying to increase food intake slowly and curbing d ms .

dear all oct-MTBs!
I'm new here! by rough estimation during my first gynae visit, I'm probably due on 1 oct 2012. Well, it was done about 2 weeks ago and no heart beat was detected yet..so I'll be going for me second scan this friday...i'm getting really excited and yet anxious at the same time as this will be my first. I really hope everything will be fine..getting more emotional than ever also...

like most mummies, i started testing on some samples for preggy mum as distributed by my gynae clinic (Dr Lim Teck Beng, Mount E). i got diarrhea after drinking similac but not S26 (Wyeth). so, i think i'll try it out again. maybe for those who experienced diarrhea after drinking similac can get sample for s26?
emm..so far, i've been feeling tender breast, weird cravings, frequent urination and fatigue...but not so much of vomiting....is it normal?..most of my friends get vomiting and heartburn...i dunno...worried as first time mummy...

Does anyone feel like u need a scan each week to chk if baby is fine? Am I too 'gan cheong'?? First time mum ... My morning sickness is improving but it makes me wonder if everything is alright ...

(so grateful for this forum to air my elephants & thoughts since in 1st trimester not many pPle to confide in)

I was just munching on some dried cranberries today. It works to alleviate nausea.

And now, after looking at these posts, i keep checking to see if my nose has grown in any way
happy.gif

i've seen some preggers women have really huge noses... it's true! it's the water retention, right?

lcjpiggy,

how many weeks are you? should be about 7 weeks onwards, yeah?

as for your symptoms, it's different symptoms for different women, so don't you worry. i don't have much of morning sickness too, just slight nausea from time to time, usually set off by smell triggers.

btil,

haha, it's natural to be gan cheong, i know what you mean. sometimes i worry too. at 5 weeks we couldn't see the gestation sac on ultrasound and it made our hearts drop a bit. blood tests, however, showed that things are normal.

but don't worry, let yourself off the hook by being stress-free - it's good for the bb too! my doc has a good saying, "if it's meant to be yours, it will be yours". And I say... que sera, sera! let God be God
happy.gif

octomum,
hope you're resting well. how are you doing?

Pei, waiting for you to accept friend's request (my initials are SC) on FB.
happy.gif

On that note, i'm also waiting for Dey, Wayne n wifey.
happy.gif

Yup, totally agree, definitely easier to keep track of the conversations in Facebook.

Hi I'm on progesterone too. All that queasy feeling since week 5 is gone after the bleeding.. It's very boring to be home. Technically not supposed to do anything. But doc did say if I'm fine, I can go back to work on Monday.

Coke helps alleviate my queasiness...
happy.gif

hi mummies,
wow the thread really moves fast!

btil / wenty,
like what the other mummies have shared, is ok to have occasional tightening of the tummy, it's the uterus expanding. I've also double check on that w my gynae yesterday. Gynae says as long as no bleeding, it's ok. However if any bleeding, to see gynae immediately.
& yup I'm also on protesgestrone too.

Octomum, me too! Coke actually works great for me! for my #1, I'm always on coke as the gas actually helps me to burp & ease my queasiness
happy.gif

For those having 2nd/3rd one, are ur tummies showing up already?? thou it's only 7wks plus but I'm so bloated! It's as if I'm 5mths! I know 2nd one will start to show earlier but this bloatness of the tummy is like showing way too early....

Back