(2012/10) Oct 2012

<font color="0000ff">Joanna:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Normally I take my folic after bf/after meal..

I always have LS but so far I dun have spotting/bleeding after conceive..(cross my finger tt it wnt happen) Let's wait for others to advise..</font>

May: lol..i took before leh.. i took it with an empty stomach issit okay de arh? haha

i abit worry now actually but i went toilet to check again no more blood only that small patch =(

<font color="0000ff">joanna:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I think take with empty stomach shd be ok.. I used to do tt last yr too before I stopped to take TCM.. But heard fm someone before say will make tummy gasy.. So when I tested +ve and start on folic again.. I take it after bf..
Think some ppl still take it 1st thg in morning before leaving hm for work.

You just monitor abit if there is anymore blood/pain.. If still have dan better check with yr gynae.. </font>

<font color="red">Joanna</font>:
<font color="blue">I am very forgetful. Sometimes i take in the afternoon after lunch but sometimes i forgot i take it at night. Asked my gynae my gynae said that it's fine whichever timing i take.
As for the blood, maybe you can monitor whether it comes back ltr? But if you're worried maybe you can call your gynae clinic to check to be safe
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="0000ff">Sksf</font> <font color="aa00aa">I am also v forgetful in taking the folic.. Wkday still ok.. After bf in office i take the folic when I drink water.. I always forget during wkends when I am hm.. Somex nvr take.. haha..</font>

Folic acid dont hv to be in pills...u see ur cornflakes..all got folid acid and vitamins..then ah spinach also got folic acid..i think gynae gave 5mg is more then enough..if u all can eat more spinach..cereals..hehe

Joanne..i never apply on my breasts eh...hahaha..the stretch mark cream i bought got a outline of a preggie woman eh..got vitamins and coconut oil..shea butter..will help u see again..

Afternoon mummies, my day didnt start well too. Had a lengthly presentation this morning and had to be on my feet for a full hour. By the end of the presentation, I immediately dash to the toilet to merlion.

Now suffering from backache and slight tummy cramp. But there is no blood. Should I be worry?

Also, I have been feeling cold all the time, even don't switch on fan also have to cover myself with blanket. Anyone experiencing the same?

i also took folic acid in the morning after breakfast..anyway eat for 1st trim nia..2nd trim will upgrade to obi dont knw what vitamins..bigger pills!! haah..i only ate fish oil at 3rd trim..nw is drinking Preggie Milk with cereal w/o fail..haha

Meradith..u 1st time mummy? backache cant be so fast..must be ur standing/sitting position..

cold me is coz weather eh..but i knw later part u will feel more hot right?

<font color="0000ff">Meredith</font> <font color="aa00aa">Maybe you stand too long.. tts y hv backache.. shd be ok after some rest..

I also feel cold all the time.. I checked with my gynae during 1st appt.. She say it is normal for mummy to be in jacket n sweaters during 1st trim as our body temp gg up tts y some will feel cold on the outside..

Recently my office aircon got problem. Always cut off by itself.. Everybody complaining hot but I am still in my sweater.. All say I cold blooded or siao..</font>

May: thanks babe yeah relieve i thought must take after breakfast wor..... dun think too much if there is no bleeding..

BBKay3105: really what cereal u eat? but u pour the milk is cold one right? hahah okok thanks babe.. let me know again..

Sksf: lol.. cannot forget to eat lah.. nvm as long as u took within that day i guess is fine..

Meredith: i think cramp is due to the uterus is expanding.. but as long as no blood is fine =) dun worry okay..

BBKay: I am a second time mummy. My #1 is 3yrs old already. Didnt have a good pregnancy the first time, was on bed rest from the 6 to 10 weeks, so a bit paranoid this time.

May: I read somewhere that if have backache + cramp+ blood, must see gynae immediately. Since I have 2 out of 3 symptons, I am abit worried. Have been stuck on my chair since 12pm. Hopefully, the pain/ache will go away.

Folic acid can be taken throughout pregnancy. It aids blood formation. Since we lost alot of blood during labour, its good to continue with your folic acid throughout pregnancy.

ya folid acid is a must to prevent deforms in bb..put in alert ur HP to remind u ah..my folid acid is infront of me..so i will rem..

Jo..the cereal i usually buy is cornflakes..i never buy what stars..milo flakes..just those normal cornflakes..i bought Post ah..then put cold milk..hehe..

i stop eating folid acid at 2nd trim eh..gynae never gave me also..in that case my folic acid will come from spinach or cereal..ar bo buy again frm Pharmacy..

BBKay3105: yr one is with nuts or plain cereal bec post like dun have plain cereals leh.. u eat everyday arh.. so hardworking.. i think i tempted to buy later too, i always hear food these days super craving duno y.. greedy =P

but after a while will get sick of cereals if eat everyday.. gt one is honey cornflakes tat one damm nice..

=P but jasons damm expensive =(

lol.. hahaha so after ur breakfast u can take yr folic acid =P

<font color="0000ff">Meredith:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Than you better rest more and monitor closely for the next 1 or 2 days.. If dun feel gd.. Just call up and ask your gynae..

As this is my 1st, I am abit paranoid too.. Dan my dog like to stick to me so much when I lie on the sofa.. Somex step on me too.. Think he can sense n is starting to get jealous lao.. Cos most of the time he will slp beside me like I am hugging a baby to slp like tt.. Or rest his head on my tummy..</font>

Meredith: I would feel backache and slight tummy cramp if I have stand for too long too and normally will follow by nausea. Although, I dont normally have nausea.
For me: The pain would go off after resting on chair for an hour or more.
After work, I will lay on my bed through the evening. This helps to recuperate from the long standing.

Yes, I keep feeling cold even though my body temp is higher than non-preggy time.

<font color="red">Meredith</font>:
<font color="blue">I'm with you too babe, i realised after giving birth to one, the next pregnancy is even tougher :/ Even though my this pregnancy i didn't vomit as much as my 1st pregnancy, but my bump showing so fast &amp; my back is more uncomfortable crampy than my first. the cramp &amp; uncomfortable feeling can even spread till my thigh area, sent an email to my gynae to check with her she actually mentioned that 2nd pregnancy to some people might be even tougher.. I felt more tired than usual now, like so weak &amp; no strength all over my body
sad.gif
For a moment i craves so badly, next moment will be like idk what to eat .. Eat something just to fill up my hunger but i won't be satisfied &amp; will feel nausea... Dk what it wants :/ so difficult to please, lol.... I can't stand too long too, stand too long i'll feel my backaching badly then leg can't stand it too
sad.gif
</font>

Jo i ate Post..NTUC that time got offer..haha bought all the flav..got with strawberries..i will eat it if i got no appetite or as snacks after dinner if still feeling hungry..coz these are the best snacks that is gd for u and wont get fat..haha..am eating yogurt also..

Steph..i havent feel anything yet..but i do feel more tired and lazy this time round..haha

Oh ya i never complete my confinement eh..hehe..i bathe and washed my hair after 1 wk..bui tahan..even mrs wong boi bong also dont believe cannot bathe for 1mth..

<font color="red">BBKay3105</font>:
<font color="blue">Exactly.. Felt that this pregnancy seems to be more challenging to me leh! Though i'm not hugging the toilet bowl this time round..</font>

BBKay3105: lol.. i prefer bananna nut crunch from post the best liow... did u try this u will love it.. but can we eat bananna?

lol.. yogurt? from those supermarket arh? but i heard we cannot eat cold stuff quite often? but all the good stuff like milk and yogurt are all cold leh...

May - I think dog are quite intuitive when it comes to things like that. Likewise, my gal is also sticking to me more these few days. Sometimes out of the blue will come to me and tell me she loves me. Such a sweetie!

Keiko - What you describe is exactly how I feel just now! Halfway through the presentation, I have the strongest urge to just run out and throw up. Need a seat so badly that I start to feel faint.

Sksf - I always thought 2nd preg will be easier than 1st. Seems like I was wrong.. haha.. Luckily, my hubby pick me up from work every day, cant imagine standing in the train for 45 minutes
sad.gif

Hopefully, 1st trimester pass qucikly and smoothly. Really looking fwd to 2nd trimester. Jia You all mummies!

<font color="0000ff">BBKay:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ya.. Initial my dog still at normal.. Only past 2 wks start to get sticky.. Maybe cos I din play with him as much like before when I am hm fm work.. Too tired and will feel sick most of the time at nite.. </font>

<font color="0000ff">Joanna:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I still take cold stuffs. But I did cut dwn.. Not like last time before preggy la.. I drink cold drinks and apples from the fridge. hehe.. I even have temptation to eat ice-cream. But so far hv nt touch any yet.. See how long can I endure...</font>

Steph dont feel its challenging can already..im more excited to see hw 2nd one will look like..coz 1st one look like hub and whether 1st and 2nd will look alike bo since so close age gap..haha..am feeling to be Queen again..enjoy..my hub treat me very nice ah..but preggie even more..haha..so can carrot him for 10mts..hehe

Jo those bananas cereal ok..but they said no to raw bananas eh..like the one use for ice cream..banana split ah..del monte something..never say why also..anyway its be long since i bo eat bananas even after giving birth..4get abt it..

Yogurt ok..coz its helps constipation in later part..i always eat when preggie eh..

cold stuff refer to watermelon..grass jelly..pineapples rite??

<font color="red">Meredith</font>:
<font color="blue">Yesterday my husband didn't came to fetch me off work, i stood throughout from tanjong pagar plus the bloody train problematic have HELL LOAD of people waiting, i waited for several trains before i manage to board one. stood throughout to eunos, alighted &amp; waited for my hus there... Standing &amp; Waited for my husband for a good load of 30mins. And when he reached i cried because i felt so miserable from all the backaches i had due to the long duration of standing ... stupid right -__- idk why like that also, but it's really so uncomfortable!!! I Just want to lie on my bed
sad.gif
</font>

anyway i feel bad as 1st time mom ah..didnt really knw what bb wants..then always snap at her..actually bb either is hungry, tired or need comfort..that time not much milk and she hungry..have to pump 1/2 way go make milk for her..coz my latching super slow..flow will come 10mins later..very fustrating..and issues wil MIL!! faint..

this time round i will be better!! hehe

anyway enjoying with my princess nw..so cute..always make us laugh with her strange stuff..

SO jiayou to all Mummies!!

<font color="blue">Yeah, excited too. If it's another boy how will he look like? Identical to my #1? If it's a girl how will it look like again? hahaha, sometimes i imagine my #1 with a long cute hair like a daughter .. omg. LOL
Your #1 is a boy or girl?
happy.gif
</font>

Not sure what happens to me these few days, I start to feel hungry or otherwise, i feel that my stomache is very acidic. Is is gastric reflex? But after eating some food, the acidic sensation will wear off.

Sksf - Poor babe. I share your sentiment. Now tummy not obvious, people also wont give up their seat for you. Its really tiring to stand for long period now. If you really feel sick, just explain to those sitting and ask them to let you have a seat, dun feel pai sey.

<font color="0000ff">Sksf:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I understand the misery of tt.. Esp when the MS is strong.. E only thg you wish is to get to yr bed asap.. But yet cannot..

Mon nite heng my hub came pick me home.. He drive n I slp in car. As tt day was hving a terrible MS.. Reach hm puke till like wana die.. He see me like tt I can see fm his look he is lost n scare.. Think guilty tt I have to go thru all these..

But I v bad.. I recently like to bully him.. I will always say he bully mummy n bb to get my way.. haha.. But I am thankful that he is doing all the hsework now w/o complaining.. As I heard some ppl's hub wnt do n still let the preggy wife do all the hsework.. </font>

<font color="0000ff">Meredith &amp; Sksf:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Even if tummy obvious n big lao.. Some ppl see lao oso wnt give up their seats for you lo.. Some will even snatch from you ah.. </font>

Meredith even sometimes big tummy also ppl wont give seats to u..i once encounter a woman help to ask seats for me..made the gal paiseh..i was like wow...haha

starry: do you need to have the progrestrone jab every week, i need to do it twice. Just now I almost blackout! in the office. While my colleagues was talking to me, I see double image, cannot concentrate, wanted to faint. I sit still on my seat and has a short nap. When i wake up i feel better now.....not sure is it because i got not enough sleep, exhastion. My son was not feeling good these few days and cannot sleep well.

<font color="red">BBkay3105</font>:
<font color="blue">Aww so sweeet, does she know she's gonna have a silbings? hehe.

<font color="red">Meredith</font>: The train so packed!!! Have abit of tummy bloated out as i'm petite so can actually notice, few of my colleagues actually asked if i'm expecting -.- But i deny, cause not yet 12weeks ma. As i'm kinda small size &amp; skinny so like abit obvious.. Hahaha.. Yday few people standing was looking at my tummy .. -.-

<font color="red">may</font>: Hands up! My Husband is one of those lo! During my #1 i did all the housework all by myself including scrubing the toilet -__- This time round he actually helped out, to change the bedsheet &amp; etc.. Sometimes when my boy wakes up very early in the weekend morning he'll wake up bring my boy out to watch cartoon while i can conti to sleep awhile more.. Last time he won't help so much one lo! So glad that he actually helped out abit this time round, but of course i still conti vaccuming the floor.. Cause i got Jie Pi. little bit dirty i can't stand alr :/</font>

Steph i dont think she knws yet ah..she bo kick my tummy or slap me already very gd..hw ur 1st one react also..got 2nd one coming..

do u think 1st one by then 18mths will knw that she's a sis already? hehe

May: huh cannot eat cold apples from fridge? YYYYYYY???

BBKay3105: ooo relieve to hear tat...eh.. cold referring to cold things directly from fridge

Jo i always eat straight frm fridge eh..the apples..haha..when preggie..MIL also never said anything..

its only confinement then cannot eat straight frm fridge..MIL will always bring it out for me and wait for it to become normal temp..

<font color="0000ff">Sksf:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I will still put the clothing to wash and hang them.. If need to put out to sun he will do it.. Last time I will vacuum and he mop.. Now he do everythg.. I feel so blessed with him..
Maybe your hub during the 1st one still hv nt realize tt it is not easy for you.. Now he is a daddy lao n more mature so auto help out..</font>

<font color="blue">My #1 which is a 16months boy became very yang ou towards me. In the beginning he'll kick my tummy eh!! Then i'll explain to him cannot kick my tummy, inside have baby(he knows what a baby means)I told him he's gonna be a korkor alr, then whenever he fuss keep wanting me to carry him i'll carry him &amp; sayang him before handing him over to my husband .. Then i'll tell him "mommy tummy pain, daddy carry first. Mommy is here" then he ok alr. Now whenever i ask him to sayang me, he'll sayang my tummy area &amp; kiss my tummy. haha, very cute. &amp; i asked him just recently he wants a didi or meimei, he'll shyly say softly "meimei" then smirk. made us laugh so much!</font>

<font color="0000ff">Joanna:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ppl keep saying dun take cold drinks n stuffs fm fridge.. But I like cold stuffs.. Already v miserable lao.. If dun let me take cold drinks n stuffs too I will be v sad... Tts y i dun care.. </font>

I agree not everyone is sensitive abt giving up seats. During my #1 time though, a man and a teenage/early 20s girl asked sseat on my behalf.

In my early 3rd trimester, I gave my seat to a frail old woman on the bus.

in my 37th week, i stood in the train from my house almost all the way to changi airport (and i don't live in the east) and fat people snatched seats from me.

having said that, there are many kind souls out there too
happy.gif
in different packaging -mid elderly, the most unkempt looking uncle, indian worker, nice caring women... so.. look on the brighter side

Back