(2012/10) Oct 2012

Hi all,

am pretty new to this forum hehe.
Am into my 9th wk alr but i still haven find a gynae yet. My EDD is 22 Oct.
The experience i had in KKH was not too good. Hence am not planning to deliver at KKH.
Anyone has any good gynae to recommend (am staying in the west area)?

Chapa
?? You mean your boss terminated you after you told him? So mean! What industry are you in?
Heng my boss very pro-family. He himself has 4 kids!

Btil, Ming and Constance,
I'm in financial industry. Yup, he terminated me after I told him I'm pregnant. I thought I should be honest and let him know after returning to work from mc. My boss is single and I'm the second preg lady fired by him (of course his reasons for terminating were stupid reasons and not because we are preg.
Initially I felt so betrayed and silly cause I was being honest and trusted him that's why I told him immediately after I discovered I'm preg.
Think it's a blessing in disguise now cause he might torture me throughout my pregnancy like how he torture my ex colleague and she always trembling when he talks to her at work - my colleagues told me abt her lately (she left before I joined)
They didn't want to compensate me so I'm still fighting my case
happy.gif

Chapa - sorry to hear about your job loss, you should consider lodging a claim with MOM and they will be able to fight on your behalf if you are covered by the Employment Act. If nt, at least it send a message to your boss that he cannot terminate your services at his whim n fancy. By the way, how many weeks are you nw? I presume they terminate your svc with salary in lieu of notice.

MS hits me hard recently, always have this bland taste in my mouth and I eat a lot of Mac Fish burger recently.. tartar sauce should be ok right?

Meredith,
It's useless to write to him cause his reason are that he needs me to be in office all the time. I'm not covered by employment act but well I will write to MoM and give it a try. It's very bad of him to discrimate preg women.

I'm abt 10weeks now.

U must eat food moderately, fried food are not good for yr baby, try to cut down on ur filet intake. My ms also quite bad lately and the diet "guard" aka my husband, he forbids me from eating fast food, spicy food, raw and seafood.

Hi,

I checked with my gynae b4. She said bottled mayo is fine. It's more of home made mayo, as they may use raw eggs. Therefore I think Mac etc is fine. As for tartar, I'm not sure. But it is definitely my fav so I normally take a little.. ;)

Hi mummy,

I'm fm nov 2011 forum. Is anyone Looking for baby car seat "maxy-cosi cabriofix". Its only $200 + free infant chair in blue cover and extra pink cover. Message me if anyone interest.

Very brand new and only used less than 5 times.

Chapachic: Unfortunately I think employers can only be compelled to pay compensation for terminating a pregnant employee if the employee is terminated less than 6 months from date of delivery without sufficient cause. Are you sure your EDD shows you at 10 weeks? Maybe check with your gynae.

Hi ladies, I am joining in. I am 8 weeks preg now with number 2. 32 years old.

@Starrymom, so good to see you here! We were in the same thread in 2010.
happy.gif

I had c-section for my first one in the United State. 2nd one will most probably be in Singapore. Could someone recommend a gynae who is good with C-section? I have yet to look for one in Singapore as I will only be back in June. Thanks in advance.

What do u eat when u hv tasteless mouth? I m hungry but anything I eat I m felt with an awful taste , then I get nausea ... Sign ... I thought I 'mastered' d tricks in the last few weeks of dealing with ms, now I m clueless

Hi Constance, I have been in the US for 3 years now.
@Btil I kind of hate eating or drinking anything right now. But I am ok with fruits. So I just eat fruits whenever I feel like munching something.

Good morning May

<font color="red">Good morning ladies!
happy.gif
How's your morning?! I had a bad tummyache this morning! Visited the loo twice! LS till i've yellowish brownish discharge, but should be fine i guessed.. Anyone experienced yellowish brownish discharge before?</font>

Morning ladies....

Traffic is smooth this morning
happy.gif

So fast discussing the birth method liao... I had emerg-C for #1 and Natural (VBAC) for #2. But my healing from caesaran was faster as compared to natural, within a week I can walk freely. But for my natural birth, I had a very bad tear, internal and external, took more than 3 weeks to heal.
So for this pregnancy, mostly will go back to caesaran....

<font color="0000ff">Chapa: Sorry to hear abt you case.. But take the time to rest n enjoy the process of bb growing in you..
As I dun have much appetite. My hubby will let me eat fast foods, spicy or anythg that I want to eat. Cos it is better dan I am not eating. But I dun have much craving for food.. So till now I only eat for bb..

Sksf: I had a bad tummy this morning too.. But after clearing once dan ok le.. Hope later will not need to go again.. But butt is abit pain due to yest's detox twice too.. Maybe got piles lao..
sad.gif
</font>

<font color="red">May</font>:
<font color="blue">The yellowish brownish discharge should be fine right? As i just had some bleeding last thurs so like abit worried tho went to the gynae &amp; there's still heartbeat :/ Like so paranoid over every little things now -.-</font>

Sksf - what did gynae say abt d bleeding ? Mine said if got bleeding must immediately call her .. I hv white/ pale yellow discharge on my panty liner , like what u get before period ... At times I examined d colour n wonder if it's light brown !!

<font color="0000ff">Sksf:</font>
<font color="aa00aa">I think shd be ok bah.. If con't dan I think you better call your gynae and check if there is any issue. If there's pain n cramp oso must check k.. Better do a check up dan be paranoid over it and keep worrying..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Btil:</font>
<font color="aa00aa">I also noticed there's white/pale yellowish discharge these 2 days. Is normal rite? Since before conceive oso hv.. </font>

hey chez, wow thanks for sharing!! it's giving me some hope and yes, i'll be seeking a second opinion soon *crosses fingers*..

do you still have pregnancy symptoms then? and did the doctor detect heartbeat in your little peanut?:D

<font color="0000ff">Just struggle finish with my Mac sausage muffin.. now have to struggle with water and folic acid. Every meal is a torture to me..</font>

<font color="red">Btil</font>:
<font color="blue">As heartbeat was deteched when she did a scan, she mentioned that it's might be when baby is growing up it accidentally hit one of my dk what that caused the bleeding. &amp; actually asked me to stop my cardiprin medication that LN Sim asked me to take, my gynae just asked me to conti taking the utrogestan as that is mainly to stablize my pregnancy as cardiprin is actually to thinner my bloodstream but she didn't tell me much can see she's avoiding the topic of this medication -__- but i goggled online myself &amp; realised that cardiprin is yes to thinner blood stream but some website put it's actually not advisable to take during pregnancy as it might cause some bleeding to occurs too -__- so i'm like shocked also, that's why i decided to change gynae :/ abit scared.. So whenever i visit the loo i kept checking, so paranoid. Then having the yellowish discharge sometimes looks like brownish to me -.- sigh, sian.

<font color="red">May</font>: Ya, shall see during working hours how's it first.. Better don't think so much meanwhile :x </font>

i think preggie will hv more pale/yellow discharge ba..hormones changes..

anyway i have brown discharge for my 1st eh..but gynae said ok..maybe womb expanding..will bleed or what..

<font color="0000ff">Sksf:</font>
<font color="aa00aa">Just relax k.. I'm sure bb will be fine..</font>

<font color="0000ff">BBKay:</font>
<font color="aa00aa">Depends on individual bah.. Some mums more independent can deliver w/o hub if they are oversea .. But to me I will prefer him to be thr lo.. But I scare my hub dun dare to go in with me nia.. haha.. Think some hubs will want to see that moment too.. My frend's hub always travel oversea on biz trip.. But will plan not to go any when near to due date for both her kids.. She C-sec for both so easier to plan lo..</font>

<font color="red">May</font>:
<font color="blue">ya, think i should just relax. Just let nature take its own course .. Think POSITIVE!!! </font>

Hi,

Does anyone have Urinary tract infections before? Suspect i have it now cos i feel pain &amp; discomfort when i have the urge to pee. Even standing/walking also can feel the pain.
sad.gif
Wondering if i sld c my gynae but my Oscar apptment is next fri..

<font color="0000ff">BBKay:</font>
<font color="aa00aa">Your hub so calm and relax.. Still got appetite to eat in the delivery rm somemore.. I think my hub will be stress up.. haha..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Tiffany:</font>
<font color="aa00aa">I have Urinary tract infections before. Always feel like peeing all the time even thou hv nothing (Eg. every 5 to 10min).. But when go will feel pain n pee afew drops only.. If yes, better go check earlier.
Or you can always call the clinic and tell them and see what is their advise or shd you go in earlier..</font>

May ya..hub so bad..we cannot eat anything..yet he ate infront of me..

anyway the 1st thing after i gave birth was eat!! damn hungry sia!!!!

oh ya will be keeping 2nd stemcord blood..1st one we donate away..

Tiffany..at this stage our uterus will be expanding..and pressing our bladder..so best always go toilet even for little pee..and drink tons of water..dont keep it for long..i always kena UTI also..sian!!!

<font color="0000ff">Ya.. last x when i kena.. doc say try to go toilet more often.. cos i used to hv the habit to hold my bladder till the last min dan go.. Esp if im oversea.. i can dun go toilet fm morning till i reach back hotel.. i simply dun like to go public toilet.. even in sg.. if i must go i will always look for hotels if can..</font>

hi ladies im new here..also very anxious about my little one...very paranoid over small things as initially gynae told me don't get hopes too high and keep fingers crossed as the ovulation dates off by one week..im so worried..as there's some bleeding and cramps..gonna see him again this friday..this week is week 8..praying everything is smooth..

<font color="0000ff">Congrats Silly.. Wish you gd luck this Fri and jia you.. But what does the meaning of the ovulation dates off by one week??</font>

hi May, according to gynae should be week 9..but now week 8 only..so off by a week...make me so worried..previously i was on mc 2 weeks bed rest due to slight bleeding...sigh...hopefully the little one is growing..

May can buy the disposable toilet cover seats..hehe..the only toilets i prefer is Japan..so clean and can wash ur butts..haah..the rest bo bian..still hv to go..

<font color="0000ff">Silly: I duno how gynae cal the wks. Initial I base on my ov date i made appt to see gynae at wk6.. but reached thr.. gynae see lao.. tell me i wk 7 gg 8 lao.. so dun care abt the wks now.. as long bb growing n healthy can lao.. dun think too much k..

BBKay: I like the toilets in Japan too.. clean and the water used to wash yr butts is warm too.. hehe... using the disposable toilet cover on seats is one thg.. the smell is another lo.. i was in HK few yrs ago.. cant stand the smell even when im outside waiting for my hub... yet so many ppl que to go in.. wana puke..</font>

<font color="0000ff">BBKay: How to keep the stemcord blood huh.. How long can they keep and how much? Charges one time or monthly fee? I still thinking to keep or donate..</font>

<font color="blue">having some cramps around my lower abdomen &amp; hips area. So uncomfortable, sian.. going out for lunch soon! have a good lunch ladies!
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Hi all morning!

Coming lunch time le. Just wish to check with u all. I was offered Oscar Test &amp; Triple Test for down syndrome. the 2 test is similar just the accuracy % is diff. Which 1 shd i opt for? In a dilema.. hope exp mummies can help!</font>

Chapa - Your boss is indeed very mean to terminate preg lady. Just write to MOM and hopefully they will 'talk' to him. In my experience (I am in HR line), even if you are not protected by Employment Act, MOM can also step in to counsel to your employer esp if your company has a previous history of terminating preg lady. Good luck to you!

Sksf - I have experience freq yellowish discharge. I attribute that to inability to keep water down, do abit heaty recently. As long as it is not red, should be ok.

SillyJ - Sometimes bb maybe a slow developer, hence it shows a difference. Don't worry too much.

May - I can't eat also.. Feel so hungry but cant keep food down. Just threw up my breakfast.. thinking of lunch makes up shudder.. haha

GNL,

y your gynae give u such difficult to make decision one?

they are the experts to determin which is the test that are more required right?

unless there are doctors here.
how can our judgement be more professional than them?

my 2 cents.

<font color="ff6000">GOOD AFTERNOON! Hope everyone finds something palatable to eat for lunch that you can keep down. ;)

I was 1.5 hours late for work today! Had to go to gynae for my twice-a-week prog jab and the clinic was so crowded! Waited so long!!! Gosh. Only silver lining is that I managed to grab some takeway Jap food from Marketplace before I left Paragon. Hehe.. Having Unagi don and chuka kurage now.. feels good so far! *fingers crossed* Ok I better pretend to work for a bit to make up for my lateness :p</font>

Back