(2012/10) Oct 2012

<font color="0000ff">reineluv:</font> <font color="aa00aa">The hospital tour shows you the delivery ward for normal delivery, nursery rm, the types of room they have (single, twin rm, etc) and information about the hospital. There is a goodie bag for couple who go for the tour (Diaper sample, milk sample, brochures abt the hospital, charges n room types.. Will have a clearer picture on the rm to choose and getting ard the wards.. Overall nice experience for 1st time mum esp for the hubby as they will be the one gg to get the bb out of the nursery rm and gg ard the hospital.. But I think the natal course will hv a hospital tour again..</font>

I used pigeon and pureen for bums. For mouth I used to use pigeon one that is specialize for mouth. Now I dun care that much for my son is already 16 months.

So far I have been lucky that almost all of my MRT trips got ppl give up seats to me, be it students, youngster or FTs.
happy.gif

Hihibwent for my detailed scan yesterday.. No 3D image but the doc showed us all parts of our boi boi
happy.gif
got topics of him showing two thumbs up to us
happy.gif

Occty,

I used Pigeon for both bum and mouth. When my #1 became bigger, I use cheaper wipes for the bum, any brand, which is on promotion. I still use Pigeon for mouth.

If i recall correctly, few years back a group of mommies did a public demo on public breast feeding in mrt. Maybe we cld do sthg similar to raise awareness, 20 of us with protruding tummies board the mrt with the press n see what happen lol

Looks like most mummies have gone for detailed scan already and all with all-clear results. Healthy babies!
happy.gif

MRT.. Don't think we can do much except to politely ask the fit n able person on reserved seat if they mind giving it to us, hopefully it will embarrass enough ppl to auto give up their seats to needy commuters in time to come. My PIL in their 70s take mrt also no one give up their seats.

Oh on bird nest topic a while ago, im gonna start on bird nest. Not too much cos im worried of the old wives tale that baby will develop phlegm. Any mummy who has Lo Hong Ka membership and whose bd is approaching? Can longbang bulk purchase? Heehee.

Can pregnant women take hashima?

Quinny,
Better to have bird nest than hashima. Though its safe to consume after 5mths but there's potential parasite in some hashima..Better don't take the risks.

Hi ccharis, just did my detailed scan and is a boy.

Talking about seats, quite frustrated with Cathay pacific. I request for aisle seat (pregnant mum go toilet often) and their reply is "the ticket class u bought cannot pre select seats". Seems like they are more interested in profits than needs of customers.

Chapa, oops I didn't know hashima may contain parasites! Luckily I asked here.. Thanks for the heads up!!

Isn't Cathay a full fledged airline? Why cannot request for aisle seat huh. I think even budget airline can accede to such a request for pregnant lady if the aisle seats are avail. This is customer service which translates into profit what... Duh

Hi quinny, eu Yan sang website got write hashima don't take for pregnant woman coz contain animal parts. Think u stick to bird nest.

The ticket I bought is promo, so they say cannot request. I just feel that they have poor customer service. Will take sq next time.

Occty: I'm using Pigeon brand for both mouth and bum too. It's easier to pull out the wipes from the Pigeon packaging with one hand than some other brands I tried. And this is important cos we need one hand to hold the baby's legs up while cleaning the bum with the other hand. It's non-fragrance too, better for babies in case of skin sensitivity.

Re: Hospital maternity tour. I went for the tour at Mt E wif my hubby and 3 boys yesterday. Was quite impressed with the maternity wards and delivery suites. It looks so much much better than 4 yrs ago when I delivered #3 there. Even my boys commented that it looked more like a hotel. There was oso a mini-reception for us after the tour, wif fruit juices and snacks. All maternity tour visitors were oso given a complimentary gift box by Parkway Health containing a Parkway Health baby romper and a receiving blanket. Cord life or Stemcord oso gave all mummies-to-be a complimentary maternity shawl. My boys enjoyed the tour very much, cos they got to see where they were delivered etc
happy.gif

LL: Since CX refuse ur request, then make the request again at check in. Just try to arrive earlier so that u hv a higher chance. Good luck
happy.gif

Im taking only 1 tea spoon of conc bird nest every mng, will top up with boiled ones in T3. I heard that cordycep is gd for us, help to replenish energy for both mm n bb. My mom will be making cordycep soup for me tonite
happy.gif
planning to start walking exercises in T3 to prep for birth. Any mommies have any other exercises to share? TIA!

<font color="orange"><font size="+2">Diaper Frenzy</font></font>

<font color="red"><font size="+0">Diaper Stacker - DS#1 to #10 - $18/-</font></font>
7138401.jpg
7138402.jpg

Measurements: 57.2*30.5*18.5CM
Top embroidery: 15*30cm
Filling space: 43*30cm
Base: 20*30cm

<font color="red"><font size="+0">Diaper Pocket DP#1 to #2 - $8/-</font></font>
7138403.jpg

Coffee Or Pink
Measurements: 34*25cm (Opened)
Tentatively fitting 2-3diapers / 2 side pockets

<font color="red"><font size="+0">Diaper Cloth Storage DC#1 to DC#17- $18/-</font></font>
7138404.jpg
7138405.jpg
7138406.jpg

Measurements: 60*50cm
Row 1 = 4 pockets / Row2 = 3 pockets / Row 3 = 2 pockets
NOTE: you can select the same design diaper stacker for an additional of $15/-

<font color="green"><font size="-1">Thanks mummies, those ordering use same spreadsheet -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjqRtB8baMtEdEhycF9Ob29FMVBTYzdwMEtEcTB0OXc 2nd tab. payments to posb sav 126-93221-9.. </font></font>

Hi ccharis, like mocha_c I will be expecting a boy
happy.gif

Detailed scan showed everything to be normal (really thankful!) except for one of the statistics.
When we asked our gynae about it, he said it's nothing to worry about as it just indicates "his tummy a little fat" - LOL!

Not surprising, since I have gained about 10kg :/

Thanks serenelm, will go there early, hopefully can grab aisle seat. Anyone need anything from bkk?

Agree that there are more dragons boys than gals here.

Thanks for wipes feedback. Guess I'll use pigeon for mouth after your feedback.

For bum I am still looking around bcoz pigeon too ex... Maybe I'll check Pureen...

LL, go to the kids floor at platinum mall! Top level if I rem correctly... can find lotsa baby clothes, much much cheaper than sg.
When I went I din know baby's sex yet so din get to buy
sad.gif

Just went for gynae check up yesterday at 22+ weeks. I've alrdy gained 5+kg so far for this pregnancy but I actually gained 3kg since my last visit 4 weeks ago!!! Gynae did a scan n said everything's normal and good. Baby's abt 600g so far. Think I better not eat so much durian anymore, else may put on more weight than I hope to
happy.gif

Hi Serene, ur weight gain sounds v healthy to me, I'm 21 wks n have gained 8kg+ to-date. I think I may gain close to 3kg as well for my next visit n I've only eaten durian once leh. Glad to hear ur baby's weight is healthy as well, I'm counting down to my next visit on 29th
happy.gif

Thanks Esther. I've been eating durian once very mth, just ate some yesterday, just can't resist it :p

I'm hoping to keep the total pregnancy weight to 11kg as per my previous pregnancies, so was hoping that I wouldn't gain so much at this stage yet
happy.gif

I gained so far 2kg+ from my first trim till now.. but because during my last visit, I gained 4Kg in 1 month (lost weight during 1st trim), my gynae told me to take it easy haha.. max 2kg per month.

Hi ladies,

Haven't been posting here for a quite a while.

Just to check, anyone has glucose problem here? I was tested with glucose in urine during my last visit and gynae wants me to watch my diet. So have been very careful with my diet since...really zero chocolate, cakes and soft drink type of diet..I don't have this problem with my #1 and #2..dunno why this one will kanna..sigh...

Dear all,

I have a couple of baby &amp; toddler stuff to get rid.
Should you interested, please email me at [email protected]

1) Little Twin Star Electronic Rocker(aka yao lan)@ $100 wz full accessories.

2) LG Mat(110 x 180cm) @ $100

3) Fisher Price Rocker @ $60

4) Jumbo Seat/green colour @ $50

5) Playpen @$50 wz full accessories

Note:
Believe me they are all in super good condition.

MLL, is it possibel to get a pic of them?? more to see how they looked like rather than condition
happy.gif
Thankx

Esther, haha ever since i don't have nausea, been eating bread with ham / egg, holick for breakfast.. then lunch (usually fried fish soup with rice) then if i pass by the soy bean place, will get myself dark chocolate soy ice-blended.. then dinner (small portion), then oranges for snack before going to sleep haha.. been my routine...hehe so need to watch my weight
happy.gif

Tried taking durian.. but with only one, boi boi started to kick like mad haha..

Morning All!
Just came back from Genting with the extended family (20 of us travelled up together). It was fun for the kids but exhausting for us.

Serene: You are heading up next week to Genting right? The place is looking pretty tired and old I feel. Many of the rides were rusted and they look poorly maintained. I hope the Sentosa attractions don't go the same way in 10 years or so.

Weight gain: I have been eating some durians too and I think they do cause weight gain! Have gained about 5+ kg for this pregnancy so far. Hope to gain slow and steady
happy.gif

Elizabeth: I tend to have 2 breakfasts too! Somehow I feel hungrier in the mornings...

morning ladies, i went for the gleneagles hospital tour recently. Hmmm... the rooms seem abit small and old. Anyone of you planning to give birth there? is the food gd?

<font color="0000ff">Elizabeth:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Since preggy 1st time had durian last wk.. I had half a box.. Bb v hyper after tt too.. Think sugar rush.. haha.. Used to hv kicks after taking chocolate.. Nw I knw the kicks are stronger after durians.. </font>

<font color="aa00aa">Weight gain: I gain abt 2kg fm wk16 to wk20.. hope my weight gain will be a slow and steady one.. Not more than 2kg per mthly checkup..</font>

Njon
I got gestational diabetes. Did u eat a lot before the urine test? Sometimes it's the food that u ate. Next time u go, u try not to snack or eat before the test

Esther: If first I also tot I'll just buy carrier when I have my firstborn. We tried Combi 4in1, Sleepy Wrap and finally Patapum. Been really happy with baby-carrying until a 4-hour shopping trip in Vivo almost cost me my back.

Prolonged baby-carrying stiffens your back despite Patapum already has the waist supporting belt. Perhaps the well-know Manduca can curb this problem. I didn't try out the Manduca though.

We eventually got ourselves a stroller because the weight to carry is not just the baby, the diaper bag itself is a killer too with milk bottles, diapers, extra set of clothes and thermal flask to bring along hot water.

So a stroller solves the problem with carrying both baby and diaper bag. It also offers some space to carry our shopping stuff and groceries.

I think new parents will need both carrier (for short outings) and stroller (for longer hours outside)

And stroller is also easier for your caregiver (for e.g. your mum or mil) whereby baby-carrying can take a toil on elders.

You can read about my comparison on the 2 strollers I have at http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5453919/7139186.html?1339336634

My 2cts...

I have also gained 8kg so far but I lost 3kg in first trim. My mom was telling me my tummy look really big for a 22wk.

I met a nice considerate gentleman who make space for me when I wanted to walk pass.

OCCTY: Pureen is cheap &amp; good. I go for the non-scent orange packaging ones. Wet &amp; moist with plastic air-tight closure and easy to pull out with one hand. Unlike some of the other brands that I tried like Johnson &amp; Johnson and Kodomo whereby one pull will "stick" 3-4 pcs out together.

Mamy Poko wet wipes are good for me too, but difficult to find.

Talking about weight gain, I was 55 when I discover i'm preggie. Then lost 3kg to morning sickness. Now I'm 56kg.

Can some one teach me how to count the total weight gain is 4kg or 1kg.

P/S: when I had my firstborn, my weight gain was a disgusting 17kg.
sad.gif

Nope, I lost 5kg after I discharge from hospital, then shed another 9kg thru breastfeeding and all. Didn't do much exercise so I never really gone back to pre-preggie weight.

Then gain another 4kg thru the festive period. Sad case...

Namie, tks for advice on the carrier v stroller, v helpful
happy.gif
, I forgot to factor in e baby stuff in case alone... Will baby Bjorn carrier be better for the back? On the weight loss, did u do post natal massage?

Summer, I nv chk but quite a few frens n relatives recommended me n my mom, I only started ytd, my mom said if I eat 3x before delivery shld be gd enough. Cordycep is v exp now
sad.gif

Namie> i'm taking Cordycep every month since wk12, it's supposed to be better for bb (compared to bird nest). When I had #1, i started from wk8, my mum heard from TCM it helps to "bu" the body when the baby still very weak in T1.

Esther, ya.. It's super ex. My mum wanted to get some for me but I'm not sure if can take or not. Maybe shld take abit since it's gd for both mummy and bb..
happy.gif

Hi rach,

Thanks, will check out the Platnium Mall kid's floor.

Hi mummywong10, can take cordycep? My gynea say no chinese herbs for me. dont really dare to take.

Esther: I have the baby bjorn and the Manduca. The bjorn is better for smaller babies. The Manduca can be used for both smaller babies and up to toddler hood. If you are only getting one, I suggest the manduca. But that can only be used from when the baby is around 3 months old or so. Plus, it is not front facing so some parents prefer the bjorn. I think the Manduca is more comfy though - my daughter can sleep in the Manduca but not in the bjorn.

LL> my gynae also typical western gynae, said no herbs (not sure if only T1 or he refers to whole pregnancy). But my sis has been taking Cordycep for both her kids last time so my mum also advise me to take so I follow. As both my sis &amp; I tend to have spotting in T1, so the TCM advise can start from wk8. Of course dont "too bu", everything in moderation, i think its suppose to be "heaty"? A few of my friends also told me same thing about Cordycep is good. So I just take loh, actually I dont take in the past cos I think it's worm lol! (which in animal form it's worm, but become plant in herb form)

Back