(2012/08) Aug 2012

good morning all mummies! havent had time to join in the conversations - work has been busy and just got back from my travels too. hope everyone is doing well.

i still haven't feel my baby kick yet, so i am really looking forward to it in the coming weeks. Detailed scan is also happening in 2 weeks time, very excited.

time passes so fast, we are all almost halfway through the pregnancy!

any mummies have experience with cloth diapers? i did a check on cloth diapers and want to use that with disposable for my baby girl. any best practice to share?

Hazel: i think for starbucks n famous amos just go straight to any shops to enquire?

Ling: i was recommend to use disposable diapers frm newborn till 3 months then start on cloth diapers cos for the first few months, bb likely to poo a few times a day (esp if breastfed) and the poo for the first few days are very dirty and hard to wash off. After 3 months, my mum say can train bb to poo at specific times (eg like morning after feed) then the rest of the day would be just urine, then the cloth diapers would be easier to wash.
happy.gif

Hi Star - the reason for using cloth diaper is cos of the nappyrash, if i only start using from month 3, will it cause bb to be more prone to nappy rash?

i am planning to use the more modern cloth diapers - see here http://www.moomookow.com/shop/ thinking of getting the 8 pack as starter.

thoughts?

Ling: i don't think so. Make sure u use the diaper rash cream with it. The modern cloth diapers are almost as absorbent as the disposable ones so as long as u change at the right time, bb should not get diaper rash. I have heard some bb are allegeric to disposable diapers (cos of the chemical inside) so if that the case, have to use cloth diapers from the start. Then can buy cloth diapers liners to prevent cloth diapers from getting too dirty. I have seen moomookow from the baby fairs but for me i'm leaning more towards another brand (think it's called lovely something forget le, have to go home check). They have this patented dual layer cloth diaper inserts where one of them is made of cooling bamboo fiber and it's more cooling than cotton which is best used in sg hot weather (my bb will be sleeping in non aircon most of the time). Plus their diaper also have a small indictor which lets u know when the diaper should be changed (very handy for 1st time mums) XD

Ling, i think when u see the shit and the no. of times, u will use disposable all the way till ard 2-3 months when their poo times is like 1-3 times a day.. I always call diapers a wonderful creation!

My boy never use cloth diapers, although i did prepare a pack..

i totally agree with ET.. hahaa.. even my mom who was wanted to use the cloth nappies, eventually just stuck to using the disposables! hahaa..

if you have got a extra pair of hands at home, then cloth nappies won't be that bad an idea.. =) depends on individuals... and how golded butt ur bb has!

hhm thanks so much for the advice! ok need to know this a little better, does newborn poo a lot? whats the average? and when do they start lessening their poo? i think i watch on tv before, the lady mentioned 1 day old poo 1 time, 2 day 2 times. until i cant rem how many days then it stabilises.

i will definitely have the diapers onhand, thinking of using cloth diapers in the day at home just to let her golden butt breathe.

Quick qtn, will putting diaper liners affect the how ventilated the diaper will be?

Ling: If I'm not wrong, like ET says, new born can poo as much as 3 times (or slightly more) until they are 2-3 months old. How many times they poo also depends if they are breastfed, if they are they may poo more times and each time is not much and more soft than formula feed. I think for the first month, better to use disposable diapers fully cos their first poo is very sticky and smelly and have a very high chance of staining the cloth diapers (and pretty hard to wash off). Diaper liners are very thin piece of fabric that is very breathable, so will not affect.

got it - thanks so much mummies! i think i will defer buying the cloth diapers till later.

next thing would be nappy rash cream - my cousin recommends the A1 cream from Physiogel, she says it is prevention more than curing when it happens. but it is not sold over the counter in SG and it is pricey here ( i can get it in Manila easily though)

what creams do you use?

Ling,
I use Avent Barrier Cream and also standby Blue Color Destin Nappy Rash Cream (just in case bad case of nappy rash...) and i also have a bottle of california aloe vera (this cream can be applied anywhere on the body...)

When my #1 has bad nappy rash (due to lao sai..) I will first use the california cream followed by a bit of the destin... if really still cant wait then will use detin all the way... =) other than that i used the barrier cream.. but i only used the barrier cream for the first 6 months i think! =)

Kelly - You buying the sleepy wings ? it look so cute

Ling - i bought kushies online ... cos i find moo moo kow abit too thick ..

Which fb group are you all in ? i did a search but i cant find ...

Was hearing everyone around me saying , mostly dragon baby is boy .. duno why never hear got gals .. hubby was so sad.. but coming to terms haha .....at least we got half of the 好..
Everyone felt baby's kick ? been feeling them daily .. somethings is from noon to night ...
tink baby doing taekwando inside haha

Ya newborn can poo many times..
one thing i cant stand is when they fart the poo also come out..its not alot..its more like stain..so what i will do is to put nappy liner on top on the cloth nappy... n throw away the liner.. so that cloth nappy will be easier to wash..if u r using disposable diaper..also use a napper liner on top..cos u don wan to wrap yr bb back with that stained diaper..n too wasteful to throw as it is just abit stained...so throw away the stained liner is a cheaper alternative..

i use the blue desitin nappy cream..this is WONDER..cos my son butt was red due to night time shit ..then i apply that desitin..heal on that day itself..its works very well as a barrier to water.. n nice smell too..

Ling: yup, diaper rash cream is mostly used for prevention as the saying goes prevention is better than cure.
happy.gif
In the old times, when don't have those cream, my mum uses powder. I remember for my niece and newphew, there are limited types of cream around so my sis uses the one with pink packaging. Now that there are so many brands, gonna be headache on which to choose. But have to choose one that we can afford because it gonna be used for every single diaper change, so I can imagine it will deplete pretty fast.

Sherry: Congrats on your princess!

nahnah: I think that's true wor, I know a few who are also preggy, most of them are boys. In fact I think PM would be very happy with the birth rate this year cos in my friend circle this yr is the first time i heard so many of my friends also preggy. On the other hand, it would be stressful when come to primary school registration, more competition..haha. Rging bb kick, mine have been pretty active, now like to do shadow kick (like those jet lee kong fu show) in my tummy and also a night owl like her mummy, can still kick and somersault at 2AM in the morning..XD

seriously i can not differentiate whether it is a kick or a hiccup... mine feel like pulse like... and i read from the internet is hiccup.

only at night when i lie down i can feel it rolling.. din really kick yet.

Ling,
you can get a pack of cloth diapers n standby.
also can double up to be placed under bb in case of burping etc.
i also use it to swaddle baby.

diaper cream:
i use mustela barrier cream.

congrats Sherry!

star,
the pink one is drapolene (i think is spelt like this) not so gd cos initial i also use but still kenna rash so after a bad out of rash due to lao sai overdrive, i use mustela n since then nv look back. but of cos drapolene is abt 9.9/ tube n mustela is like 24.90/ tube

my bb now 20wks but same as jie jie, decided to rest on my nerves. feeling slight numbness n pain on my right leg. limping up the stairs today *sobx*
pain!!!!

nahnah: I think i'll buy and try hahah.

I'll also be using moo moo kow.. make use of confinement lady during this period. Will ask her to wash since i'm trying full breastfeeding she doesnt have to feed baby. And shes's only cooking for me as well. I suppose if the nappy liners use hot water to soak before washing poo poo stains will come out easier. My nephew sometimes change 20 over cloth diapers in a day!!

JC
if its huccup i will be long and at a steady pace..
now bb now how to hiccup lo
my baby gal is super active at night ard 9plus..and will kick non stop when i am trying to zzz

In Indon.. Haha.. I juz see pic, and how much to pay.. If I do remember correctly, think quality is better than those get in pasar malam. Did sell in departmental store in Msia, think jusco or giant may have. Something like anakku.

huh.. BBL.. then i dunno its kick or what.. its pulse feeling on and off.. sometimes quite some time some time just once..

Oh well as long as I dun feel uncomfy or pain should be ok ba. wahahaha.. so hard to differentiate.

BBL, ur bb is active.. *envy*.. Mine, super lazy.. So quiet...my hb said.. Bb like him, quiet n gentle.... ##%%%^%} *speechless*...

JC
haha u will soon know how to differentiate..hiccups last for 5-10mins..u feel yr tummy trembling non stop..

QQ.
ya she is an active bb..whenever we go see her..she sure move around..wave her hands..kick the legs..
NEVER STILL/..hahahhaa

JC
but could be yr own pulse too..u ask yr hubby to touch the tummy where the pulse is n touch yr wrist for the pulse..

Hi starfantasy

I'm not so sure whether 2 boys could get along well anot. Cos most of it i seen is "fighting" & not talking to each other. Not easy to experience the journey during their young times. Sure lot of headache.. Haha!!

Hi Powerwee

"I'm having a boy again this time round. So 2 boys at home! Can't imagine. But it grants my hb's wish! I'm actually hoping for a girl. Anyway, healthy is more importanty than anything lah.""

Ur sentence is exactly wat i'm gonna say.. ^_^

Re: cloth diapers
Was thinking of it but didn't buy cos my #1 poo up to 7-8 times as a NB...so disposables worked for me

Re: diaper cream/rash
I change my boy's diapers v frequently and don't have much problems with diaper rash..in fact I don't use diaper cream unless I expect he will wear diapers for longer periods like going out or at night
I recommend desitin (blue one)..prescribed by PD actually
If possible, cleaning baby with sensitive skin using cotton balls and warm water helps as its less harsh then wet wipes

Re: 2 boys
Im having 2 boys too..,seems like I'm not alone!!
happy.gif
)

Hi Mommies,
Sorry to interrupt….I have some brand new BUMWEAR prefolds for sale. Never used before.

5 white prefolds (premium)
5 unbleached prefold (newborn)
2 Snappies

Willing to sell them in a bundle at $30 (exclude postage charges).

Individual item purchase is welcome as well.

Please pm or email me at [email protected] if you are keen to purchase them.

Hi all mummies, was talking abt diapers with my hb yesterday. He actually wanted to buy some cloth diaper from ikea but was stop by me. I was thinking to use disposable one. So which brand of cloth diaper is good and which brand of rash cream is good?

Sherry, congrats for having a princess. Same as me. Can buy nice nice clothes and enjoy a wonderful shopping time.

Diapers : I used disposables as Nb need to change very frequently ard 8-10x per 24hrs, a lot of watery poo esp if tbf. Sometimes unlucky just right after change poo, change til hand 'soft', so will be sticking to disposables. Also used cotton balls with warm water instead of wet wipes.

Hi All,

Would like to leave my email add here for those mummies looking for confinement lady. My mum has more than 19 years of experience. Interested kindly email to [email protected]. Slots available from August 2012 onwards. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. :)

Regards,
Peggy

Yanlin, u r welcome. Never mind if it is too far for u. We still have the suntec fair coming soon. So be prepare to shop. LOL......

Jen: yup i think that's the name

Kelly: u must check if ur CL, some of them don't do washing one. And i think u r talking abt the inserts not the nappy liners cos liners is throw after every poo, but if urine only can wash and reuse a few times before throwing. The first few days poo my mum say are the worst, even hot water may not get the stain off.

Crystal: ya, boys can be a headache when they r young.. Fight until like enemies like that like my hubby n his bro. But chinese saying more they fight more close but only apply when they grow up la.. Haha

Hazel: disposable ones can use for the 1st few months then swith to be more economical. u can get those traditional cloth diapers one for burping and swaddling bb, or even use a thin blankets for bb at night i not sleeping in aircon room. The modern cloth diapers usually consist of 2 parts, one is like a mini pant and another is the insert. Traditional cloth diapers just make sure pure cotton should be sufficient.

Rging baby clothes, half of them i get from taobao, those that are exported to japan one (i'm more baised to japan stuff as i like their designs better and quality is usually good). Compare to the prices here in sg, they are 1/3 of the price. But have to really see the quality when it arrives.

Star fantasy, thank you. Tot of signing up the class at NUH cos 1st time mummy very the blur and will make sure hb go with me. LOL....

Any website to c the baby clothes that u are buying?

Back