(2012/08) Aug 2012

JA,
hahaa... same like you my #1 was also taken by Kelly! most likely will be getting my bro to help me! will be sourcing for headbands and cute stuff first to be on standby...

BBL,
If you are taking the Package A which is paying for the new rate (for newborn session) is $260 but the session agreement is not needed which means we can print the photos on our own. If you are taking Package B, paying for the old rate (for newborn session) is $200 then but session agreement is needed! do check with her whether she is able to accommodate to your NB shoot because she is flying off to Shanghai on 9th August. =)

Can I request that those ladies who are interested in the photography to email her directly... (but remember to quote her my name, Aug 2012 thread and which package n session you're taking up with and your EDD.) It will be easier that way!

JA: if my ger decides to arrive late then it would be a baby shoot instead. Either way is fine with me
happy.gif

powerwee> ya, i also did not take Strep B.. so i was thinking probably it could due to that, and thats why BB has Pneumonia...Gynae say not compulsory if u dont have unusual discharge.. shld have go for it that time.. this time round, will do it just to be safe

jljz
if we take package B and she only give digital..and we cant print our own pic..
its quite dumb leh..dont make sense at all..

Hi Sherry,

Is your gynae Dr Phua? My #1 was delivered by Dr Phua. Initially I suspect is the gynae's fault. haha.... What do you mean by unusual discharge? I noticed i got increase of discharge lately. My panty will get wet even with pantyliner on. Not sure if it is urine leak or waterbag leak? I have some yeast infection. But my gynae says just leave it wor if there is no itch or any discomfort. Sigh....

Let me go google on Strep B.
happy.gif

for strep B test..it is done at wk 36..
but some gynae dont do it at all cos during labour, gynae will put u on antibiotic drip.
Like my gynae he refused to do it for me cos he say i be on the drip during labour..but i insist on doing n positive result..sianz

powerwee,
this preg i got more discharge compared to previous which has none at all. need to change pantyliner more often and also itchy. gynae chk and is yeast infection. he told me to be prepared to have it throughout whole preg, haiz. the medication is not cheap, was already prescribed 2x. maybe yours no itch and discomfort is not yeast infection ? i also not sure, maybe can double check with your gynae again next visit.

strep b,
think if deliver via c-section wont be affected, via natural if got strep b bacteria put drip can already.

*powerwee* - geez... Fr me I don't really enjoy being pregnant as much as spending all my time being 24/7 mom. Maybe bcos my ms is way too bad during each pregnancy.... Even till now also I get ms in evening, night.. Appetite not v good in evening too.. Then v hard to handle my #1 being pregnant... So quite stressful fr me.. Endure endure endure... Till the day I pop I will be feeling great I guess.. So much worries too lor.. U alr at wk 21 u havent done ur detail? Mine will b done somewhere when I'm at wk 21 too.. Can't wait for days to pass fast.. Like so tough fr me.. Lol!

Hi gals
Btw, when i go for my scan two days ago.. Gynea say one of my bb is boy n i was shock as during DS, the sonographer say is two gals.. Then he says is very ambigous which not sure wht he meant as he oso cant confirm..;( then he asks me go for another FA scan with full doppler which suppose to do at 28th for singleton but want me to do at 25th wk for twins.. I was worried as thot we just do till detail scan so not sure whts the purpose of this scan again? Anyone of u got do it before too?? Why at 22th wk still cant confirm bb sex? Is it ok? Actually I dun mind any sex as long as they r healthy pls... Thk u gals..

Joanne: It could be due to a few reasons. What I can think of is the ultrasound machine used may not be the state of the art so cannot see as clearly, or the sonography experience is not there yet. Or another reason would be because it's twins, one may obstruct the view of another or vice versa, or bb just shy don't want to open leg big big.

powerwee> Ya, by doctor Phua... So i guess i will just do it this time round just to be safe.
Unusual as in smelly discharge etc.. Actually, for yeast if there is no itch or smell.. its pretty ok.. just take yogurt and it will probably clear off..

*Joanne* - oh congrats u having twins
happy.gif
hehe.. Some ppl can't even cfm gender during detail scan if baby doesnt want to cooperate lor.. Then they will only cfm even at ltr date or else at birth le.. Think when I go and do my detail scan I must talk to baby! Throughout all my scans for my #1, he nt shy de open legs big & show us.. Haha but this #2 shy shy, close legs.. So far movements also quite gentle.. Unlike his/her gorgor.. But #2 seems to be always somersaulting.. 2x during scans always somersault.. Hahahaa..

Joanne, hmm.. Do heard that after DS, gal could turn to boy.. Dunno why. But, there are oso cases Gynae viewed is boy n end up gal becoz of the scanning n bb position.. Can u see clearly the BB birdie when Gynae told u is boy? It is very very clear for my bb, I think it is front view? N can see the birdie shape n can very confirm not finger shape. But I'm curious why he recommended for another test if BBs are healthy n juz can't confirm the gender. Can't he redo the scanning when BBs change their positioning? Or is it becoz they are twins, lesser space to turn? Blocked view? Hence, a bit hard to use normal scanning, thus need to go for better machine? Headache.. Hard to buy bb items in this case if no confirmation given. Is your Gynae patient enough if ask him again? Think need more clarification b4 u decide to go for further test or not?

It is great too to have Ah Long n Ah Feng..
happy.gif
.. Happy for U.. If both gals oso great.. 姐妹花..

Joanne,
=) i think u should ask the gynae the purpose of the scan.. n cos u're carrying twins.. i think it's better for u to go for a 2nd scan too!

For mummies with yeast infection, try to control your diet, dun take too much sugar and carbo stuff, will help! I got yeast infection earlier and managed to clear off after inserting the pill..

Done my detailed scan, and yes, I got a gal! Hopefully the results doesn't change..

my detailed scan is 9th ... so anxious !!

hopefully still ends up with a G!!

joanne - maybe cause twins hard to see?

J-A,

It is not itcy. But is lumpy like cheese curd,and it smells. It should be yeast infection. My gynae did give me insertion during my early stage of pregnancy. But it comes back again and he asked me to leave it.

princessxiaomei,

I supposed to do mine in 20 weeks. But hb is away. So got to do it next week and hopefully he can rush back in time for the scan. If not,I will postpone as I don't want to go alone.

*powerwee* - oh I see
happy.gif
I also don't wanna go alone.. Manage to tk a wk end slot but hopefully my Hb not on course tt sat! :/ u also dnw gender yet right?

Re: Yeast Infection
I had too and during 2nd trimester when pregnancy is more stable, my gynae gave me inserts (for 10 days - in a box), safe for reggies and the infection went away. I heard before that some infections affect baby, so better to check with gynae again. Moreover smelly plus itchy is super unbearable, im so glad those days are over for me!!!

Dear ET,
CONGRATS on getting a gal as you wished!!!
happy.gif

Dear Joanne,
Replied you on the other thread
happy.gif

Hi hi all mummies,

Joanne congrats. As for the other test, think u better check clearly with ur gynae before doing it.

ET, congrats to u too.

Sherry, best wishes to ur scan and may u wish come true.

For the discharge issue, I did check with my gynae and she told me if I feel uncomfortable and there is a smelly and too heavily then have to go back to c her. Other then that, it is quite common. Just keep clean and drink more water will help wash away.

My hb said I have been feeling down lately. And it true, cos no having much mood to do anything. Maybe mood swing.

BTW, does anyone know that can we do underarm IPL?

As I kw it not recommend to do brazilian IPL but can do waxing.

Thks princess, ayukie, qq, starfantasy n hazel
I just find out that for twins, my gynea will recommend such growth scan usually.. So i feel at ease now..;)

Hi QQ
I still can shop as i know one of my bb definitely gal so had start to buy pink thing.. If the other is boy, still in time to buy additional boy shirt since i havent buy alot yet..;) ya, think u r right, too diffcult to scan so he orders growth scan to confirm too...

Hi sherry, thanks was think if able to do just underarm. Guess not so safe after all.

BTW, anyone has any idea on the full month package things?

Has been surfing net only manage to find a few. Any recommend on which one is good?

Hazel Nutty: When i signed up a package last year, they mentioned if pregnant cannot do. Better not try. For full month gifts, i think the most common is Sweetest moments and Partridge Pear?

Better don't do IPL. I had not cut my hair since pregnancy, scare of the chemical smell at the saloon. Thinking to cut my hair at very low peak hours as by then may have no one doing chemical related treatment.

Hazel: i did check w my gynae on the ipl thingy. He say no scientific proof say will harm the baby n if it's on the underarm in his opinion should be safe. But in the end i did not do it, to be safe than sorry. But if u tell the shop, they most prob will not recommend u as well.

For full month girfts, my hubby has received interesting gifts frm his colleagues, that includes starbucks card (with prepaid value) n famOus amos cookies voucher. I think that is unique as well as practical.

Hi mummies...

Alot of DragonBoy tis yr?
My #1 is a boy, nw #2 is oso a boy. Haax! Afraid 2 boys will not be so close as they grow up. Any mummies here have 2 boys already?
Actually aiming for a G. Maybe try #3 afew yrs time.... Keke

I also use sweetest moments, this time round can make use of the VIP membership given for the previous round,, 10% off, quite worth it.. Anyone wanna tag on my member can let me know..

Crystal: don't worry abt ur boys will not be close. My hubby has a brother and they are close but not those kind of girl close la. Old ppl have a saying that the more the siblings fight when they are young, the closer they will get when they get older. This is true in my hubby case. He and his brother never fail to pass a day without fighting.. Haha

princessxiaomei- Think we are in the same predicament, being a SAHM looking aft #1 and wit bad MS makes it all worse ;p In my 1st tri, I felt so tired/restless easily and puked pretty often..sian max! Gotta take care of my girl, do chores, cook for her etc really worn me out easily. Nw into 2nd tri, at least energy & appetite is picking up....hope to enjoy the preg once again! ;)

Btw mummies, any natural remedies for treating cough? Thxxxss! ;)

Have a great wkend! =)

Nickypower: try wild honey (eg yummy house) or honey with high active umf content aka manukan.. Some of us were discussing abt this earlier
happy.gif
. Or u can take the cough herbal tea (sell for $3.50) at zhong hua medicinal shops

Hi starfantasy, thank you for the advice. Think I will just go for a Brazilian waxing 2 or 3 weeks before my edd. But not sure if it is advisable. As for the unique gifts u are talking abt, got any idea from which shop?

BTW, anyone have already book for post natal massage? Any anyone have use origins jamu massage before?

Sorry forgot to thanks Yanlin & Kelly for the IPL advice too.

Hope all mummies has a wonderful weekend. BTW, I just brought a few pieces of nb clothes at united kids tampines but later realize BHG at tampines has nicer but similar price for both princess and prince. Not sure abt other BHG at other location. Yanlin, u can go that a look cos it like 2 pieces for $9.90. And the princess one really look sweet and nice.
happy.gif

jljz,
looking at the timeline for phoebe i don think i can make it, cos my EDD 18Aug n i not keen on belly pics so is more like NB and family but if family done in Oct when she comes my hb will be away till Dec.
Thanks for all the info.

princessxiaomei,

Mine is a boy. I found out the gender when i was 13 weeks. It is a surprised to find out the gender so quick this time round. I only find out the gender of my #1 around 30 weeks, even after detailed scan also can't confirmed anything.

crystal535,

I'm having a boy again this time round. So 2 boys at home! Can't imagine. But it grants my hb's wish! I'm actually hoping for a girl. Anyway, healthy is more importanty than anything lah.

Re: Full month package

My #1 package is from Melrose.

Back