(2012/08) Aug 2012

zzz and best thing is this morn i still squeeze into this pants zipping up without buttoning.. then suddenly i have a sharp pain just underneath the belly button.. I thought what happen. i went toilet there is no spotting or bleeding. then i just unzip my pants further... the pain went off.. I think the little one is saying "MUMMY ur pants are too tight!!".. zzzz now i hope my pants doesnt drop! I just bought some maternity bottoms yesterday gonna wash and wear it from tmr onwards.. its growing fast.. i hope its little one and not my fats. zzz

Time to pack wardrobe and put those clothes into another wardrobe.

i just puked agn so sian ...

anyway i gt some maternity dresses at the expo bb fair for 19 each but sample pieces but i dont mind lah as long wash properly and not bb wear 1 ..

Jen> I also think so.. and now i feel the gastric filled with wind also.. if anybody is going to pull my pants by mistake, its just going to drop down!

Jen> I guess so... was initially worried about the pain. now I am just worried if anyone pulling my pants by mistake or what.. zzz I will faint.

Sandy, my boy's school the infant care fee is $1.7k before subsidies, but luckily got discount cos no.1 in there, so after $600 subsidies i need to pay $930 or $990 for infantcare..

@JC: dun worry...long ago i already feel my pant getting tight...esp the hips area...so i wear longer tops and dun button or hook... =X then recently, i realised that the one and only pair of pants (fully zip kind) which could fit me earlier also cant wear liao...cant zip all the way also...then gave up...now got to start shopping for clothes already... =(

well maternity wear are not cheap lor.. i just bot 2 pants 2 shorts and 1 skirt.. even with some discounts these 5 pieces cost me $300!

Any mummies now currently facing fungal infection? I know its pretty common but reading from the internet it seems to cause a lot of problems to the baby and now i cant decide whether to call up the gynae just to get the medication for fungal infection or wait for my next appt which is 2 weeks later. it has been haunting me since the day i m pregnant.

ET> What is the name of the infant care ? Very expensive. NTUC infant care only $1188 w/o subsidies and my company infant care is $1150 w/o subsidies.

MummyR> Infant care subsidies is $600 and childcare is $300 ( working mother)

JC.. i havent been able to zip my pants since 8 weeks! ( i am 13 weeks now)

i have also plucked up my courage to pack away clothes that doesnt fit anymore, i have been in denial for way too long and hubby have been complaining cos i keep wearing my shorts and skirts that cannot be zipped.

anyway mummies, anyone dont feel pregnant anymore? i kinda have this feeling this morning - like i dont feel 100% perfect but so much better, afternoon ate normal lunch, feel normal, bloatedness ok.

also maybe cos i am wearing a looser dress today so many people commented i dont look pregnant at all!

am i getting paranoid?

oh . my boy is in childcare subsidy 300 and then sch fees ard 1k excluding enrichment classes haha ... siong ..

jc - yeah tats why i buy those samples cause god bless i get my wishes for a gal i close shop le .. i spent a bomb on my first one on the mere few pieces and got a few from ex collegues (but v old already so i retire them le)

fri i gg to see a transfer maid my friend says nt bad ..

Miko, where to buy 2nd hand cot. I dont mind if its someone I know but if someone I dont know, a bit uncomfortable leh. how to know if condition is ok?

Hi Ling, Same - but there are also times i feel nausea. I sometime feel that i want to feel nausea to be ensure my baby is still there. Don't know is it psychological stress or what.

Then my friends said i lost so much weight (which i lost about a good 4kg in my first tri) and doesnt look preggy. But my tummy is beginning to show. Everyday i ask baby can you grow faster so that i can show off my tummy hahaha. Becos of the growing tummy, all my pants can't zip up already. I beginning to wear pants that like u all don't zip up hahahaha. My hubby cant stand me and plead me to go get new bottoms.

There are nice clothes at Spring Maternaity Nex. If you have the first born incentive card or subsequent born incentive card from TMC, spend 50 to get 10% off i think
happy.gif

Now is week 15
happy.gif
HURRAY
happy.gif
)

Ya, also intend to renew my helper for 2 more years then see how..without a maid means i wont have 'Me' time.. how to go out with friends or do gym after work le..

Sandy and ayukie, wah both your mum same as my mum leh. I gave her $500(pocket $$) and $500 for looking after my boy and she complained to my sisters etc not enough cos she will buy food for maid etc and cannot go out lah. I told her dont buy lor cos maid can cook lunch for herself etc. 1K still not enough like I am printing $$. then always find faults with my maid, everyday I got to hear her complain about maid till I go crazy. so how u all handling it this time round. I got no choice leh cos I dont trust maid to look after baby whole day. hb said this time give her more $$ so I told him to give lor cos I am so broke liao. so sianz with all these logistics issue which is why i waited till my boy is 3yo. my boy went to fullday childcare since he was about 2yo till now, so 1 year of peace
happy.gif

Sandy, mine at tiong bahru, its montessori based de. The high cost is most prob because the ratio is 1:3, last time my son, he is 1:1, cos he very active and always fall down when he was learning to walk, so whenever he is awake mostly he is 1 to 1.

Most NTUC childcare is 1 staff:5 kids, so its cheaper..

Snowy, i remember pat sch is even more ex..

AG> Wah $1k leh plus maid. Give more $$ wont solve problem they will ask for more. later sure say food price increase, complain no time to play mahjong. Got once i purposely took leave to relief myself, she somehow knew it and pass the BB to me. Sianz
That time stay with her plus my SIL, this 2 although dont like each other but when come to talking about me, they will sing the same song. Very stress and my mind is filled with their negative thought.
This time I want PEACE.

Happy> I think we can buy clothing of a bigger size and can adjust type so that after delivery still can wear. I am going wear my dress w/o belt to work. Nowaday ppl dont give up seat at MRT. Haiz

ET> I also guess yours is Montessori Sch. Infant have to be 1 to 2 require by MCYS. Playgrp 1:6 so before I go entrol my son to childcare i ask their ratio first then at ramdom interval i go check their ratio ( when they bring children out to play). I almost check every single thing like their auditor. LOL My job nature cannot be help.

Connie, Rich Food confinement 2 weeks I think around $400.

Sandy, rich food got gd feedback? What feedback fr the air show?

HI mummies, been a silent reader for quite awhile. No time to post at work cos open concept. 2nd time mummy here.
Anyone can share which CC is good? Want to put my ger there once #2 arrive. Dun htink my mum and maid can cope with 2 kiddos

Sandy, for your info, below is MCYS guidelines:

2 - 18 months 1:5
>18 months - 30 months 1:8
>30 months - 3 years 1:12
>3 years - 4 years 1:15
>4 years - <7 years 1:25

4 years back, pat sch infant is about 1700 plus but im not too sure now....but my thought is to put the babies in childcare once they turn 18 months...

Garage sale can find from newspaper or cold storage bulletin board.

Btw, mothercare @ harbourfront going to have baby fair 1-11 mar. Some of their cots are good but ex. But maybe got good discount during fair? Saw at least got 15% storewide.

ET> Yes you are right. They change already with effect from 1 Jan 12.

Mahjong> My job nature cos my company own a few childcare centre. I got to go visit their centre so everytime i walk into the room, I will scan through. Then can roughly know how come Profit and loss report figure like that. No teacher cover children or what. Then chit chat with principal abit. LOL

Yes Mahjong, you go their website you can see the feedback at the corner of their page.

ag - my boy also starts attending full day childcare now lor ..
for the maid .. for my new hpuse i have all the rooms including living room in my house wired to a cctv system that can be viewed via iphone and internet as well lor ..
but daytime for normal work day baby and maid will go to my parents place then evening or night will bring baby, maid and my #1 back home lor .. the petrol will kill us but bo bian .. but for short hours will probably rely on the cctv system (recordable as well)

Hi mummies,

Saw a deal that is going to happen during the baby fair.

Baby cot pricing at $299 (UP $730). This price will include 4 inch high density mattress, 4 pc Shears Deluxe bedding set, European Musical Mobile and delivery and installation. Note that this price will only be available at the fair itself. Thank you!

Copy from the comments in their facebook. Seems like a good deal. The booth name is Palmax.

Hi mummies..
yesterday went for checkup n gynae confirm that bb is a boy! had thot that bb was a gal at first but after the angle was correct, it was clear that it's gg to b a boy. she said 90% boy cos the bb was upside down so can see v clearly in between the legs, even my hubby and I also can see that it's a boy cos of the structure.. so the pressure is off somehow.. next one will hope to have a gal.. haha.. first one not out yet n thinking of second one liao..
I've started to wear the maternity pants, cos the usual pants are getting uncomfortable.. n someone gave up her seat for me yesterday! I nv thot anyone will be able to tell that I m pregnant now thou I seem to have a little bump but seem to be due more to bloatedness..

happy to know that someone gave up her seat for me.. but just for 1.5 stations.. cos I am transfering to another train.. haha.. but well better than nothing.. so far that's the one n only time only..

im nt gg get a cot because im hoping my last one and dont have the space for it so im going to use the playpen for #1 (with new mattress and bedding set) and the combi high chair (for #1) in living room for the baby then when baby bigger and cant manage in the playpen , move the baby either to sleep on mattress in our room or on the pull out bed either with the maid in "her" room (but must buy another 3 in 1 bed haha)

Urchin> Happy for you. Can sleep well and block those ppl mouth. LOL

Seem like most mummies here, tummy starts to grow. Soon we will be having big tummy. LOL

Urchin
u can start shopping for boy's stuffs..hee..
I am also thinking whether is it too early to buy bb cot now. Is there any more bb expo in the next few mths?

JC
The bb cot deal that you are saying was it for last week or the coming wk babycare festival at expo

I still think it's too early to start shopping.. hmm.. but will be looking ard thou I doubt I'll be buying any yet.. I don't think i'll buy blue thou.. neutral colours are better.. at least can pass on easily..

urchin, my baby's position same as urs during my scan last fri. The lil' birdie is very obvious. I'm waiting for the detailed scan in mar to confirm the gender

Hi mummies!

I'm so happy! I'm finally gonna be back in Sg this Sunday!

Hb agreed to let me go back earlier cause he needs to go for a biz trip this Sat and his family is really busy and they show no sign of wanting to take care of me.

Had a super bleah weekend.

Just the other day, I was taking a nap in my room when I was awaken by the sound of banging, drilling and sawing OUTSIDE my room. That scared the hell outta me, I couldn't help crying. Called him but he is busy. In the end I texted my fil and asked them why are they doing this even though he was the one who kept telling us not to do any type of renovation during pregnancy.

Ended up it is the sil hb. When my hb asked him about it, he said "I forgot that we are not suppose to do this when someone is pregnant in the house...." follows by "I thought she is in the room, it should be ok"

I'm like... wth! It is so contradicting and it is impossible that he didn't know all these. Just last year, sil gave birth to a baby boy. And during her pregnancy, there is not a moment that the whole family is not preaching what should be done an what should not be done.

She doesn't stay here but when we were doing renovation for our room, everyone made sure she kept away.

It is so double standard. My parents are mad. I told hb this child's gonna carry his surname. If this type of treatment continues when we return to Taiwan, I'll bring the little one back to Sg when he/she will be pampered by many and not be treated this way.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll miss him when I'm back but it beats getting all these sabotage treatments from them. bleah.

haha.. bb being upside down and once the angle is correct its like looking in between the legs from below.. I haven't tell others that I know the gender.. just announce here only.. my hubby everything also tell me dun tell ppl.. sigh..

congrats urchin on your bb boy. me stretching my neck for my next gynae visit which only happens next week hopefully can confirm gender then.

elynh> ya, please come back! Is Taiwanese family generally so drama ar? But they are not even staying in the house, so whats all the drilling and hacking about? Yours is 'nei sun' so shouldnt they sayang u more..

Elynh,
Different mah. Your SIL is their daughther. First grandchild regardless Nei or Wai. I got feeling they still treat u like outsiders. Let hope after your BB born they will treat u better.
Btw, Welcome back !

I also want to know the gender. Hehe

wow elynh,
really dramatic leh.. I dun think I can stand it.. luckily my in laws here are ok.. they are not able to help much, nor pamper me much.. but at least we dun disturb each other.. just maintain cordial relationship..

Back