(2012/08) Aug 2012

im going for oscar test tmr. lately, i have slight cramps when i get up from a seat too suddenly or fast. hopefully bb is doing fine.
is it ok to keep drinking cold drinks? i have been craving for cold drinks regardless ice plain water.

@MummyR i also...i have also been coughing since start of preggy...so recently went to see chinese sinseh coz i felt very xu...turns out the doc din gimme any med, gave alot of advices and din charge money... =X

@BBL how abt eat sour sweets, like sour lemon? i always feel uneasy, but after i suck on sour sweet, i tend to feel better...

actually there are also days when i dun feel like drinking water...so will drink lesser...but usually, i feel very bad from about 5pm onwards...worse part is everytime cannot drink too much or eat too much...will feel horrible... =(

louise, its ok to take some sweets, not excessive though. I am taking mints to keep my nausea feeling down and to get rid of the weird taste.

Cold drinks/soft drinks, in moderation is ok, I take cold drinks all the while, for my no.1 he is fine too, though i make an effort to less ice or no ice for my cold drinks..

I am asthmatic, so my boy have 50% chance being asthmatic, but i take bird nest, cold drinks, but still ok leh, guess its really up to the little ones.

Zratsniwt
i also feel horrible ard 5pm onwards..appetite gone..eat abit i am full..feel nausea..basically its a terrible feeling..

Hi ET, thanks! I will try it out.

I just came back from toilet break. Didn't know which is worse, nausea/vomitting or constipation! Only a few stones every 2-3days.
Just realized my tummy has swelled in size suddenly - feeling abit weird & scared suddenly.

Now scrambling for stretchmark cream.

Just did my nt scan. Results ok. Now worried about blood test. Scared with all the hormones and jabs I had because of the bleeding the results may show false positive.

I previously had an an appointment at tmc for Monday 9am to do the nt scan. Going to cancel that... Maybe if anyone interested can call to see if they want that slot?

re: freestyle
just saw tan leng leng's thread that price has increased
those mummies who want to get freestyle maybe can get from sellers that has ready stock with lower prices?

@Louise Lau for the stretchmark cream, elancyl brand one tmc pharmacy selling 2 for $47.30. apparently its buy one get one free...can go check out if you gg down...

@BBL i feel u...nowadays dun like to go out after 5pm...esp on dayys when i no need to work...

hi hi mummies!

oh dear, i have been sucking sweets, drinking sweet stuff as long as i can rem. otherwise i just feel very nauseous, otherwise its that horrible taste in the mouth.... hope it goes away soon so that i can stop these sweets!!

I manage to book a CL from Msia last week. heng ah... but at $2300.. so ex.. but what to do. I met up w her few days ago and she seems quite humble n nice. and i got her via other thread's recommendation. i booked her for mid Aug. anyone wants to book her for mid sep onwards i think she is still available. can pm me. Her name is Aunty Fung.

I found that whenever i sit upright slightly tilting to the front (typing in front of computer), i can feel the fluttering in my tummy. Is it because i press onto bb so he is kicking ard to tell me that i pressed on him?? my womb also feel a little tight when i sit in that position.. but thats how i normal sit leh??

@Kitty better eat...may need to wait very long...we wait from 9am to 11.15am...*faintz* need to have a full bladder too for the scan...

mahjiong: Married for 1 year 2 mths

This thread really moves really fast. Everytime when I'm in the forum, I have to catch up in the archive.
happy.gif

I'm back in Taiwan, tendered my resignation successfully and told the in laws about my plans to deliver in Sg and also the fact that I want to take care of my child myself and not send him/her to a nanny (their usual practice). They keep telling me that the nanny is good but how good can she be if the child sleeps till 10am everyday, and takes a nap at 2pm for 2-3hours. That means almost half the time is spent sleeping at the nanny's. =_=!!!

I didn't do the NT or Oscar test cause I'm considered low risk. But my gynae has arranged for me to do a detailed scan at 20 weeks. So I guess I'll be back in Sg then!

Saw the baby last Sat! At 12 weeks, CRL 5cm, and super active! Keep kicking and turning around, eventually managed to capture an image of the baby turning and looking at us. :p

Happy to see the baby healthy and safe despite my poor appetite. My weight remains the same before and during pregnancy. Gynae is comforting. He said I'm lucky cause some girls lose weight during the first trimester.

I'm sure he was being nice and trying to put our mind at ease... :p

Kitty no need to fast. For me i walk in at 8am yesterday, registered, went down to TMC for bfast at delifrance went up at 8.30 and it was my turn already.
zratsniwt - that was a long wait.
btw when can we know the blood test result after our oscar scan?

Cold shivers: i have it too! No aircom, just low fan. Previous 2 pregnancies dont have leh.... Wonder why now have also. Cover nlanket also cold. Its like cold from inside...
sad.gif

So far i have not drink anything to 'bu' the body. Just yesterday, my mum made homemade chicken essence for me. Yummy!

Today i called on dr Paul Tseng for pricing..l he has no package too, 1st comsultation $150-200 excluding scan! Scan is frm $70. Subsequent consultation is frm $70.

Seems like all the gynaes i want are very expensive...l might just go back to the previous expensive dr Ho. At least he still have package.... Sigh. Hope to see him only at week 20 when the package kicks in, haha. But his nurses ask me not to take the chance as by then, he will not take me in if his aug slots is full. Its 50% full already. Haha

Evelyn,
Gd that bb is safe and active.

Its the truth that some people infact most of the people lose weight cos of lose of appetite and MS..so if u maintain the weight then its consider gd.

i too lose 1 kg due to lose of appetite at night even more not much MS.

Gloomybear.

wah cos u are old liao so third one will shiver lo..
yeah i saw yr chicken essence on FB..make me drools lo..was that nice??

hmm better dont take chance..wait by the time u are wk 20 n Dr Ho refuse to take u in then how..change gynae last min ah..

@Mezzo17 it's quite fast...within 1-2 days...mine OSCAR done on Thurs and nurse called me on Sat...

maybe mine was long wait coz it was the 2nd working day after CNY PH ba...

han,
Try to apply the Detinox teething gel on the teeth, I think it should help.

gloomybear/sherry,
I also keen to try the chicken essence coz I have been feeling so extremely fatigued at work these few days. Dunno why it is worse when hit 2nd trimester leh....

rykiel,
PM you to accept my request in FB liao thanks!

BBL:

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. hee.. I've 2 friends, both no MS, doc had to tell them to watch their weight. =x

In Sg, I guess I'm luckier cause my family will help me finish whatever I can't finish so no stress there. At least I get to eat a bit here, a bit there.

Yesterday, had the first meal in Taiwan and promptly went to vomit. =_=

BBL:

I get tired really easily, like go out for an hour or less, will become really tired.

And because my uterus is tilted, I get a sharp stabbing pain on my lower left back since 2nd mth. Gynae says while other mothers-to-be will get achy backs from 5th month onwards, I'll get it earlier cause the baby will be pressing on it instead of the bladder.

So doing a lot of bedrest.

Oh ya! Any mummies applied for the baby bonus thingy yet?

BBL,
i feel the same ,tired, no energy, no appetite.. lucky i still can take nap. try eat some buscuit?
i dun remember feeling tired when my 1st preggy until 3rd tri.

Kitty,
im gg to OSCAR next monday morning, got to fast at 12am ,cox my gynae gg to do another new blood test to detect diabetic at earlier stage. so u may want to double check with your gynae. The lady told me they will give me glucose after the 1st blood test ,then go do the scan, n do 2nd blood test after 2 hours. got to stay at TMC for few hours.

Mummies,
Re Birdnest:
was told too much intake of birdnest during pregnancy ,bb will easily allergic in future.But 1-2 spoon everyday is ok. I brew a bottle n keep in fridge, eat 1-2 spoon everyday, my #1 is ok le.

my package starts week 12, $1200... also v ex..

I also feel cold at night and when in air-con room/ train.. so I guess that's pretty normal? I thot pregnant ladies supposed to feel warm.. hmm..

and we cannot eat too much sweet food? but I crave for sweet food leh.. I prefer sweet flavours to other flavours.. even if sour, I also prefer the one that is sweet n sour, rather than just sour..

on nausea n appetites, I think its a little psychological too.. cos when I dun like the food I will feel nausea, so dun eat much.. but if I like the food, I completely dun remember got nausea feeling.. so I think we should eat things we like.. nowadays always go to my mil place for dinner, n I always feel nausea before gg n when eating.. I think it's because I dun really like the food.. when I eat at my mum's place I am ok leh.. or even if I eat out, usually also can eat quite a lot.. only at mil place then eat lesser..

yogi > thanks... i've tried dentinox but doesn't seem to work with my son.
sad.gif
not fun being preggy and sleep-deprived with a teething baby..
sad.gif

i found a cure to my loss of appetite..
sweet dried managoes..those preserved fruit..love it man..

Han
i can understand u..cos my son was teething 1 mth ago..i was so sleep deprived then..now its ok but he wakes up for night feed..i think this night feed tired me out completely..
These few days i couldnt wake up when alarm clock rings..think my fatigue stepping in..but i tot 2nd tri is the honeymoon..but i dont feel its honeymoon at all..
haha something nice to share..baby move..i am 100% sure its the movement of my baby...

BBL,
me too..i like the dried green mangoes!

Evelyn Loh,
this time round I also didnt put on weight till now
for my #1, gynea order me to go on diet but i still cant stop eating...hehee
this time round no appetite at all...hoping the next 2 weeks pass soon!

BBL & MummyR:

Do check the ingredients. I remember some dried mangoes uses SO2 as a preservative so best take in moderation. :p

Hi BBL '& Sherry,

I'm not sure I have not paid for the detailed scan yet but was told by the clinic that detailed scan cost around ~$480.
Ok I will go back and confirm again when I go back for my review this month. My detailed scan will only be due 6 more weeks =)

Rykiel,

I have not update the spreadsheet, can't find the link. I guess for fb group, we wld need everyone's fb email to create.

Alyssa> oh thats really expensive.. maybe tell that your friends only paying $450 for Oscar + detailed scan. probably the package includes more test other than detailed scan? Good to check with them cause the difference really alot

hi all,
Went for Oscar test at NUH today. Bb was not co operative, we had to try for third scanning for measurement. Ended up taken 5 pics of him. One tube of blood drawn too. waiting patiently for my result tomorrow afternoon.
Bb crossing legs, and facing sideway, so can't see the gender. Waving and snographer managed to take bb waving hands. The five fingers!! so cute.. Owww...

My package the normal lor. The routine visits till delivery, ultrasounds, routine urine test, basic supplements. Detailed scan not included. Delivery fees $1500 - $1800..

Dr TB Lim has no package, pay by visits. I think $80 per visit included ultrasounds. Is the package really worth it?
Choose to deliver at
Mt A.

hey ladies..

what you do when you gals have headaches now during preggy? Do you take panadol? Or..what other self help ways to cure it without medication best?

Chrisl
I have migraine in the past before I preggy and I avoid taking panadol by drinking chamomile tea to relieve the pain.
Hope it helps for u. Remember to have plenty of rest and drink enough water.

BBL, u on my fb ar? Which one is u a? Lol i blur.

Chicken essence:
Methods here http://blogs.fanbox.com/SinglePost.aspx?pbid=900233&post=998556&mode=&link=-1&page=-1&dt=010108&mlid=-1&vet=-1&src=-1&bts=2&fs=-1&apid=-1&rh=google.com.sg&PageTimer_Request=1328188070424
or

http://mysugarnspice.net/?p=474

I didnt cut the chicken into such small piece, just 4 pieces. And also added wolfberries and red dates.
Super yummy.
I drank half, then added 1 bottle of eu yan sheng chicken essence to the other half, steam somemore (without chickens) and finished it! Yumms!

Hope it will help all of u 'bu sheng' the non herbal way
happy.gif

Back