(2012/08) Aug 2012

Rykiel,
Don't worry much abt BM supply, drink fish papaya soup n hot soup can boost the supply during confinement ,month. Feeding bb constantly also help to increase the supply.

Kelly,
Dragon year is super peak, I already booked my previous CL. Heng she is avail for me.
happy.gif

Hi mummies (sorry to disturb),

Have a Local Medela freestyle set selling at $400, with warranty till June 2012. Bought from paragon's my first years at $699.

It's a lightly used set only for a month, rest of the items (Ie. cooler bag, ice pack,hands free kit,pump bag) all brand new.

PM me if interested, thanks!

Jen,
Haaaa I breast feed the baby n ask the nurses to give him some fm to supplement! Cos was afraid he didnt have enough and that he was already showing some signs of dehydration.

I done the oscar test on monday and today they called me the result is gd.

Hi all mummy,
I would like to check i already 13wk but bully still quite small. I go for ultransound the doc told me bb is growing well so just wonder how come my bully still quite small.

Morning Mummies,

I've been having extreme cold shivers in the middle of the night when the fan is only on at Low (no aircon). Just wonder is it pregnancy related?

Yingying: Congrats on good result!! Hope mine will be too
happy.gif

Are you a first time mum? I heard first time mum normally won't show so early? My belly now has a little buldge but I think that is all the bloatedness I got from the progestrone pills and constipation :p hahhaa
I think as long as baby is growing as expected/well, everything should be fine even without a big belly
happy.gif

Ying> congrats on the good results! Bump will start getting obvious after 4-5 months (depending on individual)

Bright> me too! Cold shivers at night.. I used to be so afraid of heat but now, I need to tuck myself under the blanket.. I dun experience this in my previous preggy though
happy.gif

Bright: I'm a first time mummy. my hb been asking me to eat more he say eat more then the belly will show up.. faint!!

Bright and Sherry: me too so i wear long sleeve, pant and sock at hm..

Rykiel,
PM you. Thanks.

Pump
PIS is medela? How much is it now? Dual or single? Have being using Ameda for the pass 2 kids and it reaching it max life liao. Very noisy already and keen to invest a new one. Good to invest a good one so that you won't give up bf. Invest so much, die die must success.

Animo
Anyone gg for this test?

yingying,
dun worry! =) first time mommy tummy won't show so fast! hahaa.. are you sure you want the tummy to show? that will mean possibility of stretch marks and the loose flabby skin after you give birth that is if the tummy is so much bigger! =P let nature takes its course!

Clim,
yes! PISA is medela! DUAL! PISA has got better suction power compared to freestyle but the latter being more portable! =)

yingying
my belly also quite small and i din realise until i went for my NT scan cos saw other mummies there and compare..hee.. probably we are 1st time mummies..but so long as the bb is healthy, thats the most impt thing.

ying ying..
dont worry abt the size..too big also no gd..hard to give birth..wait need to c sect if too big. Ave will do

Bright.
me also..shiver at night ..need to hide inside blanket..also no aircon..only fan

KJ
ya lo..first time mummy belly will be smaller la..cos skin not stretched like us..mine already showed lo..today i am wearing tight blouse can see my baby bump clearly..later i wonder how many KPOs will ask me..hahaha

Jojo> hahaha ok la.. only increase $50.. i think gloomybear's gynae increase $200 every year hahaha... 3 years back, i pay $450, so i think $50 more is reasonable hahaha

@BBL @KJChua @dot Thanks! =)

Re: gynae
I have signed up package for Dr Ben Tham...

Re: FBI
Also signed up already..but we signed up at a talk earlier so got a lot more freebies...

Re: WBB classes
haven really check out but shld do so during the nx gynae appt...since the nx class start end Apr...

Re: babymoon
we thinking of gg for a cruise but got to see the timings la...else shld be a staycation ba...coz dunno whether can tahan the long travel or not...nowadays, take cab more than 30mins also will feel uneasy liao le... *pengz*.

@bright: i am also having the cold shivers like u...but is ever since i preggy...until now...even wind blows also find it v v cold...sometimes lunch i even wear my jacket out into the hot sun lo! guess pple muz be thinking tt i siao one... LOL but nowadaays slightly better...

OMG
think i am not feeling ok today
tired..no strength..engine down..even the taste of water sucks..
wat is happening to me..
i used to be able to drink alot of water, now i cant..
my eyelids are so HEAVY..how to tong till 6pm..

yingying,
yes! must apply SM cream!!! hahaa... everyday n every night!!! hehee...

BBL,
oh dear.. must be hard on you.. take care yah!

re: cold shivers
i feel cold all the time now too...wondering if its body too weak? when can we starting eating bu?

BBL: Take care!

MummyR> take from 3rd/4th mths onwards.. hehehe.. My gynae ask me dont eat too much Bu hahaha cause my #1, 3.78kg at birth hahaha

hi mummies, having problems with my #1 - his molars are coming in now and he's having trouble sleeping at night. anyone gave their bbs something to reduce the pain? if so, what did u give? thanks
happy.gif

mine is #1 but i think my tummy showing le...got ex-colleague asked if i m preggy already... =(

@MummyR dr has advised me from eating bu for now...and hor, some bu are notsuitable for preggy mums one...

han> no le.. i only eat maybe 5 seeds in my first trim.. after that, i din really touch durians.. maybe i eat too much bu hahaha.. my mum brew cordyceps and dangshen for me almost every weekend.. not sure if thats the course of my big BB.. alternatively, BB could just be absorbing too well

sherry,
my #1 was 3.525kg
this time round i hope not so big!

sherry/zratsniwt,
i thought so too but really feel v weak so just wondering

Wah seh i think after drinking milk i feel worse..wanna puke but cant come out..OMG..how to endure till end of the day..

my #1 was 2.875kg,,but at 1 mth he is near to 6kg..hahahahha

BBL> i'm feeling exactly the same now
sad.gif
i just had a decaf latte and i feel SICK. omg
sad.gif

anyone has any old wive's tales on how to predict baby gender based on symptoms?
happy.gif
i can't wait to find out... hoping for a girl for #2

Han> there is the ring method.. think tied your wedding band to your hair or a string and hold it above your belly.. it is suppose to move either in circle or side to side, but i cant remember which for which gender hahah

sherry > that's my first time hearing that method haha :D my preg symptoms this time round are a bit different from my first preg so really hoping it means i'll have a girl... i'll know next sat!

han> so fast? next sat will know.. i am gg for my Oscar on Tues.. but only 11weeks 4 days by then.. dun know can see or not le..

Louise,
Take a bit of sweet, will it help?

Jilz,
Don’t have to worry don’t have enough. If bb de-hydrate or never poo poo, this the nurse will advise you to supplement with FM eventhough you don’t want in the first plc. They will tell you their concern.

Ying Ying,
No worries about tummies not showing so earlier. Normally #1 don’t show so early. And also, normally having boy, tummy looks more sharp and girl, tummy more round and bigger (not sure how true), I nv scan when I having #1, but everyone guess even those western ppl, malay, Indian, Japanese, or middle eastern ppl believe so. Wherever I travel and go, ppl ask me, I told them I dunno but they guess based on my tummy shape. For me, nobody can tell I am preggie even I am 5 or 6 mths old. Just wear a lose clothes, nobody know. And going thru custom, I carry my handbag in front of my tummy, the ground staff don’t even notice. BUT I blow up a lot in last tri, and I gain 17 kgs! 

Bringht,
Like MummyR and Sherry, I also feel cold often even no air-con on. Sometimes at night, I don’t on the fan as well.

Sherry,
Me too ler…. Feel cold often.
Wow your #1 is big. Natural birth?

Clim,
Not sure how much is PIS now. I bought mine from First few years in 2010 with discount. Is dual pump. Very good… Emm… noisy still can use, right? Why change?

BBL,
Take a power nap for a while. 15 to 20 mins is good.

Han,
Wish you have a bb girl this round!

sherry > yah next sat i'm 15 weeks =) my last pregnancy my gynae told me the gender at 12 weeks.. her scan machine is pretty new and awesome.

vinwee> ya, natural birth with Epi cause i had high blood towards the last 3 weeks before EDD. Gynae was shocked she's that big, 3.78kg and 51cm hahah

Vinwee,
i also wish to nap..but cant leh..working now..
lunch time..col wil go out n eat n usually is an hr..so no napping time..
n i dont feel hungry at all today..normally i shld be super hungry by now..

Ok, at least I know cold shivers are normal. Thanks mummies.

My grandma asked me to take birdnest with pao sheng from week 11 onwards till 4th/5th month. She said bb will be healthy. Duno how true but I followed since she had more experience
happy.gif

Bright> Again, its subjective.. Birdnest can create asthma.. I mean got friends who take bird nest for starting from 2nd trim.. some are down with asthmatic lor.. I only dare to take a bit hahaha.. but i got those concentrated with less sugar from EYS.. take one teaspoon a day only in Mth 5 for a mth then i stop

Sherry
Brew yr own birdnest lo..put less rock sugar then wont be so sweet lo..
never heard birdnest cause asthma..i had it every week when i had my no 1..n his skin is so nice..soft n smooth..

Bright,
not sure if we can take pao sheng..u wanna check first..

haha this thread moves so fast I cant keep up with it.

Thanks vinwee but I can't take sweets as i hear that it usually causes diabetes in pregnancies.

Im now starting my second trimester. EDD 5 Aug 2012 now 13wks. Anyone buying baby stuff liao? Is it too fast now? But I still don't know my baby's sex.

hello mummies, today is my 13th week, yeah 1st trim over.so happy can tell ppl liao. yday I had leg cramp in the middle of the night, this is so early. I forgot leg cramp is caused by what liao...too much salt or too little.
rykiel, I added u to my FB..accept me(Amy).
Sherry your bb so big still can natural birth.I am quite small in size so gynae told me not to eat a lot else bb diffcult to come out..my boy was 3.03kg when born.tmrw is my boy bday so will be busy baking for his school celebration
happy.gif

ordinaryning> not sure if its suitable for all, but i am taking cordyceps, dang shen and pao shen

AG> hahaha, i think gynae did expect her to be that big.. my ex colleague, her son is 4.5kg also natural hahaha,,, that one really scary

Back