(2012/07) Jul 2012

Congrats Tanny..

haha lili_gal: i m more active in facebook coz easier to access from hp mah.. use phone to view forum n type abit difficult esp d strolling part..

SG_SC: when u going for ur maternity leave?

jojo: just prepare urself to admit anytime k=)

I m so happy today coz i will start my maternity leave tml onwards=) hehe..
i m thinking what else i haf not done yet..
i already wash bb clothes.. pack 3/4 of my hospital bag.
sld i sterlise my breast pump n milk bottles this weekends n put in the ziplock bag?
i need to write down a list of things for my hubby to do when i m in the hospital..such as change bedsheet..tk out bb clothings from ziplock bags.. wat else i need to do ah?? hmmm..

Congrats tanny!

Joy, im hoping baby will wait awhilr more... I keep talking to him everyday....

Lili gal, i dropped u a pm...

jojo, you'd hv to search the "July Mummies" group and Click Join Group. i can't add via email. Do also let me know your real FB name so that I know who joined.

JOJO: yea talk to bb.. haha.. it does work.. last week my tummy was low already dan my hubby told bb dun so fast come out..else mummy cannot eat good food liao..n bb actually listen!!! now my tummy high again.. haha..

COngrats Tanny!! Rest well now...

Joy_javen - u so cute. LIke tat also can ah...low then go back high..hehehe. My ML will start once i deliver...but will be working frm home next week onwards...

sg_sc: haha.. my colleague oso comment suppose to be this weekends sld be coming out liao..but she see me on monday n say how come high again.. haha.. she say wun be so fast liao..
anywya reddish brown stains means anytime liao..so better get ur things ready yea=)
envy u..can work from home..

Joyjaven - im stil in office..but dun tink is of concern for nw. Stil hoping she'll only come out next fri...pls pls pls....

Is tis ur first kid, coz im also stil high up but dr says quite common for #2 mommies to only engage on the labour day itself..so tat basically means anything can happen overnite!!

Hi mummies,
I am not able to go here so often, will be induced @ TMC tonite under Dr Ben Tham, any mummies due in this 2 days at TMC? Pretty nervous now.

sg_sc:i mean soon as in the next few days ur bb will b out le=) hehe..
mine is 1st kid yeah. hehe.. so think got another week to go for me.. haha..

Bodor: jia you n have a smooth delivery..

Bodor - All the best!! DUn be nervous, jus follow dr's instruction and before u noe it, ur bb's in ur arms le!

JOy_javen - yes lor, in a weeks time
happy.gif
whether i like it anot!

Hi gals,
Any news or pdf leaflet mention on whts on offer at taka bb fair n coming bb expo? Now on Confinement so not sure whether worth to go shop or not? Anybody go already n know is thereany gd lobang at bb fair in taka? Me interested in the bb wipes.. Thks gaps

Hi sgsc
I think u gonna pop soon aslast time when i see red in morning, my contraction comes at midnite n i pop next day.. Take note woah n go to hospital if feel any pain..

Joanne, I went to taka bb fair but nvr notice abt wipes, as usual the fair got lots of strollers, cots, sterilizer, car seats with gd offers. Huggies have gd promo, the ultra is at $10.95 per pack for size m to xl. Newborn $6.85. S size tink $12+

Dear joy javen,
Thanks for the welcome! I'm going thru c-sect cos I have a condition - adenomyosis - which caused by uterus to be swollen by 6-7cm. Worried Bb may not be able to turn during natural delivery. Went to jing zi long to calculate date for c-sect. Monday I'm abt week 37. Bb already 2.9plus kg at 35+ weeks. So Monday c-sect should be oki!

Dear Tracy,
I heard enfa has the most Dha and most ex too. If I'm using, I'm buying that. Hoping to go for total bf!

Dear bodor,
Jiayou!!! You'd be seeing ur bb soon! Looking forward to reading ur birth story!

Dear j03 ,
I hv the taka brochure. I try to upload here.

Hi mommies,
Thanks so much for your encouragement, I still waiting since last night, till now only open 2.5cm and at observation, many has come n go and i can hear babies crying around, today is a long day for me, the nurse says it's a good day today so all the operation rooms are accupied!
Will update my status soon! Thanks again!

Hi mummies, first time posting here. My EDD was supposed to be 13th Aug but bb gal decided to be born earlier on 12th July. Hence, I'm saying hello to July mummies
happy.gif

BB Megan was born 25th week, 2.19kg and 45cm.

congrats Itsy, i am sure it was not an easy experience to be delivering at 25th week, glad you and Megan are doing well. Do take care and rest well!

Welcome itsy n congrats!!

Joanne, u scaring mi...though I noe its anytime but realli hoping she can stay in there at least few more days if not next fri better! was bz packing my hospital bag n trying out new pump. Luckily check coz not working then faster go down svc centre complain.

Bode, yes, it's a nice date today too..jiayou jiayou!!!

Congrats itsy! Over 2kg is considered good enough, don't need nicu ya? You started breastfeeding?
happy.gif

Dea bodor,
Stay strong!! Soon Bb will be in ur arms! Looking forward to u birth story!
happy.gif

Dear gals,
My appt n ctg today went well. Monday c-sect 1pm at TMC at 36w5d. Bb estimated at 3.07kg now. 95% prepared. Hurray

sashamama

Thanks. Fortunately her lungs are well developed so no need nicu. She's too small to suckle tho'. PD says better to bottle feed so she won't exhaust her energy. I'm feeding her ebm. Hopefully she doesn't get too lazy and refuse to latch in the future >.<

Dear rer-rer,
Yours is c-sect or natural? Do update on bed status ya? Lol. Yesterday when I went for gynae appt n did ctg at observation ward, all beds in the ward were full! A lot of mummies delivering. All 1-bedded taken!!! *shudders*

Dear itsy,
That's great to hear! I read a mummy having to have bb in nicu despite being born in week 36 cos lungs not fully developed. If u want total breastfeeding, cannot request for cup feed or spoon feed? It's my first pregnancy, I'm unsure, but I read other mummies doing that, same worries as you, in case bb doesn't wanna latch on later.

cup feed and spoon feed takes lots of effort and time. Plus very messy, milk will get wasted when bb don't open mouth and drink properly. LOL every drop is precious!

Hi I have a new tin of similac 1 and gain IQ stage 3, selling at $10 for Similac 1 and $30 for Gain IQ stage 3.

Similac 1 expiry date: 16 Jan '13
Gain IQ 3 expiry date: 15 feb '14

Anyone interested? Please SMS me at 91814282.
Thanks.

Itsy, just sharing my experience. some bb have no problem switching between bottle and breast. But for some, once they get the bottle, they may not want the breast as it is harder work for them to get the milk. Just like mine dd. after 1 bottle and she reject the breast. So if you would like to get your bb to latch, it may be good to introduce bb to the breast as soon as bb is big enough. If they are still young, it is still possible to re-introduce the breast. But you will need to have lots of preservance and maybe help from a good Lc.

Hi mummies,
I have popped after 20hrs prolong labor
happy.gif
, 20 July is a good day? I counted there was at least 20 babies since i checked in
happy.gif
, mine is baby boy @ 3.60 kg, manage to delivery naturally with epidural, Dr Ben Tham is a great doctor and his stitching skill is perfect, I managed to walk after few hours.
Thanks to all mommies and all the best to mommies who are still waiting! Jia you.

Congrats Bodor!! Great to hear all went well n bb is big!! Rest well!

Sashamama n rer-rer, whoa ur turn nw..All the best in ur deliveries!! Jiayou!!

Hi SG_SC,
Thank you, both my boys are at 3.6kg and were induced 2 days pass my due date
happy.gif
, both were btw 16- 20 hrs.
Nana, yes I was delivered by Dr Ben Tham @TMC, he is pro natural doc and have been intro him to several of my friends an they all happy with his work. Jia you!

3monkies, I'm worried too. letting her latch every now and then. She manages to latch but after suckling once or twice, she stops. Could be turning lazy. I'll keep trying.

When I was having premature contractions and my obstetrician was away, Dr Ben Tham was my replacement doc. I find him very good too. Quite a humorous guy.

Itsy, that's my problem with my dd as well although she is full term. But I guess as well as we keep trying and dun give up and that bb is putting on weight, we should be fine. Now I am waiting for my dd next checkup to give me the comfort that she is gaining weight....

Hi Bodor,

Why does ur gynae want to induce u ? Is it he scare the bb too big ? Did u go in the morning or evening ? My EDD is at 24 Jul ... hee

Dear all,
I'm now getting ready to go TMC. Bringing so many things. Haha. Nvm, a lot of space in the car! 4 hrs left to see bb!

Congrats bodor!!!

All the best sashamama! Try to tong without epidural and enjoy the birth process. Your recovery rate after birth will be faster too!

My house a lot of ants!! After every feed, I need to wash the handkerchief that i use for my baby. The ants love my EBM. Ants crawling around my longan red dates drink too! The heat is killing me too! I told myself that this will be my last confinement so must do it well, but I can't help but bathe alternate days. My body also itch, esp my arms, I think it's the wind in my body causing the itch. Anyone else facing the same prob?

java - I had having heat rash n itch too.
I bathe everyday though. with the herbal packs thingy.
not considered a proper bathe. I still feel dirty after that, but well I better don't complain ... it's better than no bathe.

feeling very grouchy cos of the heat n not able to wash hair n shower w cold water.

Heeeey Mummies!!!

I'm from the aug thread... due on the 4th Aug... but have a feeling i may be early...as doc said babies head very low already!! So may just end up having a July baby!!

Congrats to all those who have popped love reading your stories hope you all are resting well... and for those still waiting good luck and enjoy the last week or so!!

happy.gif

Back