(2012/07) Jul 2012

Ourlovestory,
I see. I guess some have it harder than others. Dun give up, jia you ok?

Joanne,
I agree with liligal. Must pump until dry to signal to our boobs we need more milk.

Rykiel,
LC will also show u how to massage breasts after u deliver. Dun stress. Have a smooth delivery.
happy.gif

Citizen,
Congrats! Yeah, dun think waxing has to do with waterbag leaking. I was also like u, kept on questioning myself why waterbag leak? What did I do? I asked gynae. Said it just leaks or burst, there's really not much reason to it. Maybe u ask yr gynae and share with me just for curiosity? But dun dwell to much into it lah.

Hi all mummies, know some mummies have popped. Congrats! Just to share, probably if u still need some baby clothes shopping, Carter's and OshKosh is having free international shipping for 3 days!

MORNING MUMMIES=)

Linggie & SG_SC: lets wait for our lil ones to be ready to greet the world=)
yes i agreed my calf muscle been feeling tired n 'sour' hence i decided to work till 20th july n start maternity from 23rd onwards..

anyway just to let u mummies know who havent pop there is isetan baby fair.. i m not sure wat to buy over there=)

thinking if i miss out anything n havent prepare or not..=( my gf going to london again thinking if there r any other things i need to buy..

btw is breast shield necessary??

o btw ASOS is having 70% sales..so mummies who think maybe its time to prepare clothings for their bb full mth celebration or back to office clothings i think it is time=) hehe..

speaking of B.W.. i m still thinking if i shld visit 1 or sld i just ownself shave it.. i scare i will pee=X last nite when i was slping n suddenly cough( i tink i choke on my salivia), i had a little leak=(

Alyssa: thanks for the intro.. my hubby dun allow me to buy more clothes.. he say bb got alot of clothes le n we dunoe wat is his size.. n they outgrown after 1 mth very fast.. so i m forbid to buy any..=(

Rykiel: can i ask when the spree will arrive in sg?? =) hopefully it will reach before my bb is out..coz need to wash first..haha..thanks..

joy, i'm digging into all the sales!!! really bored at home with confinement. i think ur hb is right. my eyesight seemed to be deteriorating with all the iphones and comps.
happy.gif

ourlovestory, don't be too stressed up. jus do dry pumping...pump until dry and pump AFTER dry. fail proof method. no kidding. money back guarantee. ok... terms and conditions apply. hahahha...

citizen, congrats!!! 34hrs!!! do share your story!! anyway, jul 17 and jul 6 quite close right? i doubt it has to do w waxing.

Mummies,
I'm so bored in confinement!! How to survive? Still can't walk much as c-sec wound is painful. Cannot see how maid n mil do things else I will pek Chey. Arrgh

Can ask mummies wif 2 or more kids? How do u cope wif nb n e elder one? I suddenly find I'm so confused, hse in a mess!!

Cherish, close all eyes on the mess at home. It should be more or less a permanent state anyway with 2 kids at home.
For me once the elder one comes from school I will spend time with him. Baby leave to cl.
Liligal got what good sale share leh!

cherish, eh, you only started day 1 or day 2 in confinement and u r bored already?!?!! hahahahhaa... how to survive next 28 days? u have CL?

for me i made full use of the CL. last time i very hands on and CL nothing much to do. this time i super leave quite a lot to CL while i sleep, eat, play with #1, feed and give instructions. so far i've only changed diaper like 5 times only. considering she needs about 2 changes every feed!

with my hb back after his quarantine, house will always be in a mess. my #1 is tidier. it's the upbringing!!! oops.... hahahaha...

buttercup, all the deals that these mummies shared lor - isetan fair, carter's online, asos 70%!

Buttercup, liligal,
I'm a bit cleanliness freak. Yesterday saw my hated enemy, ants coming out liao!! I totally went mad n managed to trace e source. It's e longan red dates drink in e flask. How do I prevent it hor??

I'm trying to spend time wif my boy but wound still painful, cannot bend too. N when he came hug me roughly, ouch ouch on my breasts. They are so sore n sensitive now. ;(

And yes, I still look very pregnant! Tummy is like 5mths now. Tell u joke. When I was there on 2nd day, cleaner auntie asked me if I'm still waiting to deliver. I faint big!!

And yes, liligal. Today only 2nd day of confinement. How to survive? I don't like e whole day feeling sticky sticky feeling..wif below still flowing red. Just managed to shower just now. Now in hospital waiting for hb settle bill then can bring my gal home

Cherish, tell me about looking pregnant. A few days ago i was also looking 5 to 6 mths preggy. My #1 look at me worriedly and ask me if there is another mei mei inside. faintz...

now after binding and massage, look smaller but i still got to convince my boy that mei mei is already out, no more baby..and press my stomach some more for him to see..

Hi bhoo
The funnel tt comes with it default is give us Size M huh? How u know the size? Think i better get Size L too... Today i try pump.. Really painful neh after finish pump..

Hi JoMomm
Diffcult to pump till dry.. My gal has great suction power so i asks her finish the last few drop always to help me empty my boobs...;)

cherish, buttercup, liligal,
Wahahahaha! When I read cherish's post, my response was the same as Buttercup's! Yes, close all eyes. Last time, #1, close one eye. Now close 2 eyes.

I also same as you. Last time very hands on. This time, I leave all to CL, only talk and play with baby. I don't think I even change diaper yet. Kekekeke.....

I also can't wait to hug my boy like last time. But no choice, have to keep reminding him of the wound and breast.
sad.gif

buttercup,
So good, you can still go for massage. I can't.
sad.gif
Strangely, my weight is almost back to pre-pregnancy, but waist is bigger than #1 time when I still had almost 10kg to lose! So, I'm very sure it's the massages!

Joanne,
Haha, that's great! Then supply should be increasing soon.

I'm giving the extra milk to my #1 now, since I'm pumping. When CL leaves and I latch, not sure if I still so hardworking to pump. But should la...BM is a precious commodity!

Jomomm,
I'm trying, trying to close both eyes. Yes, same like some mum here, used to be very hands on last time. This time round, trying to rest more. But I think I will be hands on when wound is better. #2 is a gal n I need to learn how to clean n wash her below. Just now looking at cl clean up lor then watched e feeding. In e end, cl asked me to go rest. Here I am, lying on bed before my naughty boy comes back..

wahahhaha... let me announce.. i only have 3.5kg to lose! I gained 11kg and suddenly dunno why even though I snacked on biscuits and bread every 4hrly including lunch + dinner, i still can lose weight! i only did 3 days of massage and din bother to bind very long so i doubt it is due to massage. but then tummy big.
sad.gif

cherish, interestingly, girl very different leh! hahahah.. find it weird not to find a xiao ji ji down below!!! and then they hv this white mucus thing in the labia area that needs to be cleaned out. so far mine still looked like #1.. more boyish look except for the pink colored clothes and of cos down below. i also forgot how to bathe a small baby so have to watch also. rem must wipe or wash mouth k! so how's ur gift exchange and #1 taking to #2?

cherish,
cannot try lah, is MUST. Wahahaha....I tell myself, just dun care for now. Get well first ok? Then can take care #2. I also need to learn, but wait until 4th week first la.

liligal,
Wah!! so good!! So, looks like it's not due to massage hor?

Jomomm,
Yes yes!! I totally forgot all these. Wipe mouth etc.. Haha
My boy doesn't take it too well. Today meimei was back n when he came back fr school, he said want to beat her n action was do fast that he took a new packet of nb diapers n threw at her. The lil one had a shock. Heng e packet was small.. N he started to throw temper. I'm in real headache now.

Liligal, me too! Not used to cleaning for a gal. Was at a lost on my first day back home and cl not here yet.
She pass out lots of greenish poo and I opened the diaper and suddenly din know how to clean her. Called my mum wanting instructions over phone. But my mum heard her fiery cries over the phone and b4 I can say anything she just say "me coming over now!"
Mum are the best! Love.

Cherish, oh dear! Real headache! Not easy to deal with this but got to be patient and yet firm at the same time.
Me trying to spend more time with my #1 and easing him into familarilizing with his mei mei. Make him understand that he is a gor gor now.

Hey ladies, I just found out that there's a baby fair at Isetan Scotts from 12th Jul onwards. Maybe worthwhile checking out.

I read from some forums on this new bathing tub that just launched in Singapore - Tummy Tub. Check out their facebook and website.

Yah agree w buttercup. Spend more time w #1. Actually i missed him so much that I only spend time w him these few days. Just feed girl then pass to CL. So boy knows it's only a short while. Somehow later he wants to wake meimei together w me n volunteered to wash his hands, sit next to me n watch me feed n burp her after. Today best, he even kissed her without being asked to.

That said, cherish u hv ur hands full mann... CL, MIL & maid & #1!!! Not forgetting getting milk in. U might just hv to let go some parts for now. suggest u focus on milk n #1. #2 bonding cn come later in life. Rest, close eyes oredi. U nd to rest more too. Oh, hubby must support!!!

Just finished pumping!

Cherish, buttercup, liligal,
Looks like a few of us here have same situation.
I also ditto buttercup and liligal. I try not to make a big fuss of my #2, and spend more time with #1. Not sure if it's correct, but my theory is that #1 is old enough to know what's happening. #2 may know subconsciously, but not really yet. So, I try not to steal away anything frm #1, at least during confinement period since CL still around. Things will change when CL leaves, and hopefully by then #1 already gotten use to hvg #2 around.

So far, #1 has been very loving to #2. Kiss her lah, sayang her lah, read to her lah. Sometimes, #1 will also say wana beat #2. I wont jump at him or tell him off immediatey. I will try to find out why he feels like that, and then explain to him how would he feel if he was #2. He knows it's wrong, and I give him extra hugs, and keep on reassuring him I love him. So far, it has worked well. I hope I'll be able to cope when CL leaves.

Perhaps age is also a factor. How old are yr #1? Apparently, 2-5year olds feel it the most.

Mummies,
Hb n I didn't really focus on #2 in front of my boy. When he said want to beat meimei, I usually ask him to come ard me n I will slowly n gently asked him why. He's 2yrs old now, in his terrible two n doesn't know how to express himself clearly. Like this evening, hb just play n seek on his fav teddy bear n he suddenly threw tantrum, said wanted to throw e bear angrily. When hb walked over to him, he pushed papa away. We then knew he was angry. CL saw this n told us it's norm, said #1 either does something to attract our attention or will throw tantrum very often as he knows there's another bb ard to get our attention. Seeing my boy like that makes me regret hving #2 in a very short thot. Guess hv to endure n this period will be over soon.

Hb has been very supportive so at least this is good. I really can't imagine myself handling alone when he travels again. He's going away in end Jul n Aug again. Praying I won't fall into depression!!

Hi mummies,I'm from the June forum,EDD delayed & ended up giving birth on 3July. Last week was a crazy week,trying to settle in the routine & to get breast feeding started.

Liligal,rem u mentioned confinement is enjoyable for u. How did u manage it huh? Haha. I feel hot & sticky. Sore nipples after BF..totally uncomfortable!

Check with u all, I'm just wondering. If u pump out, u are using the normal milk bottles to feed the baby right. So in some way, baby would also get used to bottle fast flow like formula milk mah? Or u all use other ways to feed? Actually I dunno how to check if breast is empty. Try to pump after latching huh?

cherish,
Hang in there. They will slowly get used to it. I always think, we as adults, also have to make changes and adapt. What more for for the little ones? Let's give them some time bah. So long as we continue to shower our love on them, I think we're on the right track
happy.gif

Don't think so far, just enjoy this month first. Jia you!

snowdoll,
Breast should be soft when it is empty. Can pump after latching. In fact, if wana signal to breast not enough milk, should pump until nothing comes out.

Hi gals, I m still waiting for my turn..... #1 oso driving me nuts. Some days so loving, said 1 of his fav toy he give didi. Like ytd, he got frustrated after playing for awhile when we said it's late go slp. He starts throwing things n I pick up n said since dowan I sell to karung guni! He got so angry n ran after me 5 mins later n hit my hands!!! I was damn pissed I hit his palms. My mum faster go carry him when he lie on for.... I was so mad, order her put him down cos my mum was there saying if he dowan toys give didi can't waste etc. Told her dun say give his things to didi le.... Woke hb up n made him go tell my boy nt rite to hit ppl n at same time coax him since 11 plus 12. My mum hor... Dunno wat to say her! Still say she nvr pamper

rer-rer - haha..understd hw u feel..our parents always spoil market one...so cannot beat our kids in front of them. Even harsh scolding they also heartpain...but we need tell them in a nice way not to interfere wen we disciplining the kids else they will run to gramps for cover all the time and not learn!

For me, im always like the bad person. I continue wat i started out to do n my parents will watch n say "ok la ok la, can oredi..". Bochup!

Im also waiting for my turn n best is my gynae is away for conference till weekend..so fingers crossed its gonna be peaceful rest of week. Actually till my edd if possible :D

Did u get a present from didi to give korkor at the hospital? Heard frm most pple it works lei...so korkor will accept n love n welcome didi faster.

SG_SC, my boy told me wat he wants fr didi le, so during kiddy palace sale I bought n keep, wrapped up n put in hosp bag le. He is at terrible 2s age oso, 2.5 yrs old.... Sometimes like he understand sometimes he like din wanna.... Argh!

Rer-rer, same here. My gal also abt 2.5 yo, keeping the pressie thing as a surprise frm her. But we must remember take video of it..then next time can show them wen older.. Hehe...also dunno if they realli understd wats going to happen but m sure we will get thru this somehow one!! Lol. Maybe we shld try to enjoy the process too?
happy.gif

Hi there,
I'm an August mummy, but my gal decided to come early and I delivered on 8 July.

Can I join the July FB community please?

I also have a #1. I got him a present from Meimei, but I also got him to choose a present to give Meimei.

Joanne, the default size is M (24mm). Good that your girl can suckle so well! My son suckles daintily and takes forever to drink. I can latch him on for over an hr and he is still not done. Really testing my patience.

Joanne3,
How are u doing now? N how's ur maid so far?
My mil not happy wif our indo maid liao, been complaining a lot to her son behind My back. Guess I will see a show soon. N also can see maid starting to feel e stress, no longer like last time idling ard. She's literally works non stop fr morn to nite, especially evening time e most busiest as #1 is back fr ccc. So really don't know if she cope or not.

feel so sad with my low milk supply. tried so many ways to increase ss, seen LC, etc but seems like still same same... BB is not really swallowing the BM probably cos of low milk supply.
So badly want give her BM most of the time, and although nw is like 12 days, i feel like she may be confused with nipple and bottle teat already. wonder if she will be confused with taste of breast milk and formula milk too?

Her feed is also weird. sometimes she can drink this amt, and the next feed she will drink lesser. (which means her next next feed will be earlier like 1 hr plus). does anyone hv this issue? hubby dont see it as a problem as long she gains weight, urine and poo frequently.

maybe im worrying too much, esp. at night. Just wana voice out here..

Overall, I'm still a happy mummy ! loving my little one every single bit!

mummydee: thanks for the link! v gd info!=D

bhoo: kkh does allow own pjs ma? i tink must wear their own 'gown' rights?

anyone w kkh pls share =D..

jomomm: kkh also got LC? im nt with those 1-2bedded. i with b2+, i remember previously i had #1 6yrs back like no LC came by. or i forgot. =\

i went bugis today to buy bb clothigs like finally, i got;
6pc long slv, 6 long pants, 12 short slv, 4 bath towels. hehaho. oh ya n 2packs of mittens (8pcs).. adding up should hv enf to wear for 1st mth!

xuanxuan, must contribute yah? those who did not write anything since the FB started, we r removing. no silent readership. can you tell me your FB name again? you'd hv to click join group.

SG_SC, the gift exchanged worked for our boy. we took pics and before and after were very obvious... key is the #1 gift must be really something he/she likes.

dot, karena, hv to be committed and regular yah? no silent readership. pls go find "Jul Mummies" and let me know your FB name. I'll add soon...

mummyfrog, did you write to Marie or me to tell us your FB nick?

bambi, dun fret. hv you tried my "dry pumping" method? hahaha.. you can scroll to find my reply to pep81. money back guarantee method... terms and conditions apply. hahaha....

cherish, i think i should turn pro liao! hahahhaha

cherish, finally ur MIL is on ur side for this topic!!! good right? at least now ur maid is picking up and ur MIL monitoring.

Liligal,
More headache to come. Currently asking cl to reach maid some ropes n can see she's doing so so under cl 'supervision'. But only just one day she n mil 'pair up', problem liao. Cos both is blur type but keep insisting their own way of doing things. Maid feedback nai nai to me, nil feedback to hb. U can imagine My headache now right?

Sorry.. Has been busy rushin my assignment d last few week.. As I stil have to study at nite n work in day..
My fb name is belinda wen

Sorry.. Has been busy rushin my assignment d last few week.. As I stil have to study at nite n work in day..
My fb name is belinda wen

Rykiel, nt too sure whether u hv to wear hospital gown for kkh...but i'm v sure kkh has lactation consultants. Kkh is the most pro bfing hospital in singapore. U just have to ask when u are there.

Bambi, my 2 wk old son's consumption also v erratic. I think that's normal. It should stablise when they are ard 1 mth old.

Back