(2012/07) Jul 2012

rachel & joy: have a gd rest at home and take care k...

what i heard is that no plain water for confinement period.. and no fruits for the first 2 weeks..

i am so sleepy today.. keeps yawning non stop! ~.~

lili_gal, finally!!! Do update us!

joy_javen, since you are on 2 days MC, take the opportunity to rest well at home =) After baby is born, no chance to rest already.

ourlovestory, cannot even take fruits?! Are you sure? I love fruits!

Lili_gal: Good luck, dear!! Hope you have a smooth delivery too.
happy.gif

Ya, I also heard no plain water at all after delivery. If cannot get reddate tea, Milo is better than water.

Liligal,
Yeah! Finally your turn, the moment you've been waiting for! Congrats! Have a smooth delivery!
happy.gif

bhoo: thats is what i heard about fruits but u can confirm with your CL again. I love fruits too!! just tahan for 2 weeks bah...

liligal: all the best for a smooth delivery!

Thanks ladies. We dilly dally since 11am n finally came in. Started calling doc at 2:30pm. Just got a pill inserted n nw waiting for it to melt. Had mini contractions so far only. Ok v sleepy after lunch n tea. Think will nap for awhile first.

Qris u not inducing today? Not u?

Lili_gal: I'm the one. Just got pill inserted at 3.25pm. My gynae said i must reach TMC by 530pm. But I'm here already. Nervous. U still can nap. You terror!

Hi Lili
Congrat u in advance..;) so nice tt is yr turn today.. Me still waiting n hope soon too.. U mean u see ur gynea in morning n go hm then wait till 2plus to get admit? How heavy is ur baby now? Is ur weight drop or bb weight? Bb engage? Jiayou to u!!

Take care Joy n Rachel..;)

Hi Qris
U shd try to nap then got energy to push later.. Can hb with u when now u r waiting for the contraction to come? Jiayou!!

Qris we got inserted at same time!!! Haha but on the CTG me still no or mini contractions only. Eh u on FB? Easier to update there than here.

Btw jus got unstrapped n cn walk ard till contractions start. But really nothing at the moment. Think I'll nap.

Lili gal, finally! Jia you!

Thanks everyone again. The joy now is to see my baby suck suck while sleeping. Beautiful.

Citizen, Mt E provides almost everything. The consultant doesn't support bottles n pump within the first month. I hv sore nipples n request to speak to the consultant this morning. I asked her if I need to bring my pump here since my hb is going back to pick my girl to see baby. She told me no need. She encourages letting baby to suck for a month to stimulate the milk supply. If u r drinking red dates tea, ask for a separate thermal flask (let them know it is for red dates tea). I transfer the red date tea to their flask so that my helper can bring back own flask n boil more for next day. The toiletries r same as hotel room. Shower cap to comb, all provided. String maternity pad no choice they open 2 packs for me so hv to use. I bought mine but no chance to use. One important thing, cos my baby arrived in the morning, so the philippine nurse told me Sunday morning baby arrived (I check in on Sat evening), so 3rd day is Monday. This is not true. I asked my gynae, my gynae scolded the nurse, 3 full days package meaning I go back on Tuesday. Furthermore jaundice normally 3rd day then can see. My PD also said the same thing, don't go home too early. He said tomorrow morning he will check the jaundice condition. Towel provided every day, if hb staying, towel also provided.

buttercup, im also resting at home since last week already.

liligal, finally the day you have been waiting for! think im gona be the last one in June;s thread.chris chong sent you home to rest after inserting tablet? btw when is your actual edd? im still waitingggggggggggggg. you gg to take epi? jia you!
happy.gif

BB> Many thanks for the heads up. I didn't know they start counting from when bb is born. I thought it starts once we occupy the delivery ward/suite?. Haha, that's even better then. Can we order red dates tea from their menu? Cos' I have no one preparing for me. Noted on the extension of stay, will ask to extend a day or two. Thanks for the advices.
happy.gif

Ourlobestory, me too. I applied ML starting next week. Finally can rest
happy.gif

Today i went for my gynae appt and bb weigh 2.7kg. Today is my week 36, 5 days. My gynae asked me if i wanna induce at week38 coz i told gynae my gal keep making me worried. Some of the days i cannot feel her movement.

My gynae asked me what did i eat for the past 2 weeks coz bb grow bigger from 2.1kg to 2.7kg. I told her i drank anmum milk. She reply hmmz yah anmum milk will make bb big. She asked me stop drinking. If not bb will be very big.

Hi all, I'm feeling a lot better now. Thanks to all who asked about me!
happy.gif
feeling really lucky today as I was worried that my boss will be unhappy with me for taking so much mc. She wasn't unhappy and in fact told me to take some more day off to rest at home if I am still not well as I am close to full term. I didn't think she will be so understanding as she is a new boss. Furthermore my helper from Myanmar just came in on Saturday and I must say that she is really quite good. Didn't give me any problems and know how to do a lot of things, using even need to teach her and she knows how to do the things according to what I want. She also have initiative to find things to do as well. I hope she remains this way till bb is out.
happy.gif
hope everyone who is getting a helper is as lucky too!

Hi Rachel
Glad to know u feeling better..;)

Btw, is ur maid new maid, transfer or hv 2yrs experience?

Hi Qin
Me too hv same thinking as u.. So glad tt my gynea say can cut in another 2wks time..;) r u seeing Doc Marianne? Still seeing her weekly?

Hi Joanne, my maid is with 2 years experience, she used to look after 2 year old twins and a 4 year old kid. I didn't have much high hopes cos I heard a lot of negative feedbacks but she is surprisingly good. Can understand English and do things with her own initiative. The only thing about her is that she speaks very softly so I can't hear her sometimes.

Jessie,
Your baby engaged since 2 weeks ago, but you hvnt popped? I thot once engaged, then will pop? Not true huh?

Liligal & Qris,
You all steady. In delivery ward already, still can update here. I think I'll nuah already.

Qin,
My bb also gained 500g suddenly last week. Doc surprised.

Qris how's things?

Hi all, I'm still patiently waiting for girl to be out. Contractions still mini but can't put another tablet to induce yet or else stress womb. So it's a boring waiting game. Can still sleep with mini contractions but halfway will b conscious for awhile then sleep back. Haha.

Will reply one by one later. With phone quite tough.

Citizen, the red dates tea is in the menu but u can also request it anytime from the nurse.

Baby head engagement. My baby didn't engage when I had a show. But he engaged only during the process of contractions. Thus my gynae couldn't break the bag but to wait till the head engaged then break it.

Lili gal, jia you! I m going home tomorrow if baby is ok. Need to trigger the master to choose baby chinese name, CL is coming tomorrow too. Luckily my mil has bought n cleaned the pig kidneys n stomachs n chicken n salmon,... for my CL to cook for me. Everything is going smoothly so far, just hoping milk supply is strong.

Citizen, bring ur iPad or laptop. Mt E has free wireless access. N all mommies staying here has free 4 days parking for one car. (3 yrs ago no free parking de). There is Sony cd player so u can bring music CDs to play. There is iPod player too. The renovated rooms r very nice. Enjoy ur stay here k.

BB- congrats tml can go home! It's confinement next. It's really a very very hot n humid weather we must all endure for one mth!!! Btw which master u engage to choose chinese name?

Qris n Lili- all the best. Hope both of u dilate fast n can pop soon! V excited for both of u

Citizen haha forget another thing. There is a fridge in the room. I put salads n unagi sushi n fruits my hb bought from paragon n put them in the fridge. Very convenient. Just too bad one thing I m not so happy is that they should mop the room floor everyday but didn't. Bathroom I hv to request them to mop every time I finish shower. Maybe I m too critical but I hate wet bathroom.

Win, I m engaging this master who sometimes will get interviewed by the newspaper. I m not a believer in such thing but he convinced me. Tomorrow I will ask my hb to pass baby n family info to him n I will ask my hb to get a name card. Can't remember his full name. Will private message u the info.

jomomm, ya, that's what i thought too...baby head engaged so early so I like confirm plus chop will come out early plus gynae also think so...
who knows 3 weeks liao, i am still waiting...

My belly button has shut completely =(
and my baby is already 3.2kg! aaarrrggh...

So nice, seems like mt E has a lot of perks!

Tea n mummyfrog, my EDD is 25th but I wanna dong until 26th for ceasarean, hopefully bb gal can overdue by 1 day lol.. Cuz my no.1 was born on 26th :p
So gynae asked me not to move around so much.. tmr will be my check up, on Wednesday I will hit week 36! Baby is small, she was only 2kg when I was almost at week 34. Have been eating durian for a month!!!! I eat durian as tho I am taking medication LOL!! Hopefully bb grows well for the past 2 weeks.

I'm definately reading the threads silently cos most of the time if I'm not mooing or serving my new boss I should be stealing some time to Zzz.

Today is day 7 after I give birth and each milk supplier can produce about 60-70ml of milk (colostrum) should be normal eh?

Shann, my bb gal only weighted 1.87kg when she was in week 32/33.Gynae said she will be around 3kg if she come out on EDD.i m worried if bb too big also, later hard to ha ve natural birth. Going to visit gynae tmrw..heeeee

BB,
U make it sound like you're having a hotel stay and thoroughly enjoying it! Nice nice
happy.gif
Good to know all is going well.

Jessie,
I see. I had always thot engaged = gonna come out. Something new I learn today
happy.gif

Mine also 3.2kg last week. Hope can come out smoothly. Scary...

So many updates!
happy.gif

Rachel: good that u have got a gd maid!! You r so lucky! A gd helper will comes in v handy when u pop!

Gleneagles charges for car park at one standard price so it is so gd that mt e gives for free!!

Laura: good to know that ur boy is back hm with u!! How often do u need to wake up to pump now??

Liligal: how? How? Pop already???

I will have my last gynae visit this week before I pop.. Getting so nervous!! Better still go to work in order that I dun think rubbish at hm :p

grrrr I can't c my bellybutton now ... sobbbbs
n stomach getting tighter @ 38 weeks now.
but gyna says no signs of early popping.
everyday as I go to work I walk slower n slower.
Friday ll b my last day -) looking forward to resting n joining the rest of u in seeeeing our little ones

Shan n mummyfrog, mine is bb boy. His weight abt 1.6kg on week 33. I m eating durian as well. Tmr is my checkup as well at KKH. Hope his weight increases. Pray hard!

Haha! Tea n mummyfrog, we are all going for check up tmr! But mine at gleneagles. Used to be at KKH private suite but decided to follow my gynae Irene Chua to gleneagles. Under her knife, it was a painless ceasarean during my no1 delivery ESP after the surgery, I could move around as usual without any pain, hopefully this time round will be the same, pray pray..

Laura, each side 60-70ml is very good supply!! Jia you! aarrggghhhh I hate the midnight 3am pump. Can I don't pump during wee hours.. Yawnnnn..

For no.1, she was engaged maybe ard week 36/37. So I stop teaching around then thinking that I might pop anytime, plus I was 1cm dilated. Cheh!! In the end she was overdue by 2 days, had to induce somemore.. They say 2nd one will be earlier.. Oh no! I want bb to be overdue lol!

Hihi! Ooh see many mommies popping or popped!

BB- congrats on ur very smooth delivery...bb so cooperative!

Liligal- haha finally he moment u've been waiting for!
Qris - all the best to u too! If ur bbs r born today, then my hb would be sharing the same bdays as both urs n liligal's little ones!!
happy.gif
safe n smooth deliveries Liligal's and Qris!!

Yes, the last round wen I had to be induced tat nite, I cried coz I felt likei was forcing my bb to be out into the world early wen she is not ready yet. I was jus an emotional wreck n couldn't sleep too.. Prob nervous n excited yet hormones at play...haha..I guess I jus missed having her in mi

Aiyoo tablet #1 din work at all. Dilation still around 3cm since 3:30pm but cervix thinning yet not paper thin yet. Long process but so far relaxed n enjoyable. Think Qris will be earlier then.

Back