(2012/07) Jul 2012

Tea, i will be deliver in kkh. I can only choose 1 bedded or 4 bedded coz my gyn is senior. I choose 4bedded coz all facilities the same as 1 bedded. Juz that hubby cannot stay. I pay 1.2k plus deposit. If i book 1 bedded, i have to pay $2k deposit

just finished sending reports to my counterpart. guess i could only follow up the threads at nite, after my boy sleep.

liligal, joanne, mommies,
i hv fixed pd but the waiting time is crazy!!!! i went this morning ard 815am to queue. luckily the cleaner auntie saw me and offered a chair for me to seat. waited till 9am the clinic opened, i was #2 in the queue but because there were other appts, was told the min. waiting time was 3hrs. okay, never mind. i went home and checked on my boy. was thinking if i should wait and bring him to see pd and he suddenly coughed very badly. that sound reminded me of his previous bronchitis case! no choice, looked for alternative pd (as i just called to take time off) and brought my boy, maid to hougang. Heng that not much patients and to my dismay, my boy got mild bronchitis again. drove them back, instructed the med timing to maid and mil. both looked blur >.<'' kissed my boy and off i went to work! this was my morning episode. hahaha. oh, forgot to add that while i was already in office, my boy's pd clinic called at 130pm, telling me i can bring him down now. *faint*

Hi gals
Sorry, maid tok again n just need a place to vent out.. Pls give me some advise..;)

Now she is here for 2mths n does things still very slow.. My mum already teach her how to cook n she still cant cook well.. Sweep floor in a 126sq hse takes 1hr.. Mop floor same.. Wipe the whole place takes her few hrs.. But she eats very fast... Sometime tok to her, she just look at u or else just walk past, no answer of "yes mdn" or "yes sir".. Very rude as i feel like tok to the wall.. Do things very forgetful too.. Just now my mum asks her to do faster n she still can tok back loudly n say " already doing very fast".. I tok to her yesterday for an hr n tell her she cannot be rude.. N must do things fast since already 2mths.. I feel this is the last chance i can give her n my blood will boil if after bbies born n she still so slow..
She likes to go to my hb mum hse as my mil already cook everything n she just need to eat.. Tt day we go abit earlier n my mil asks her wash the pan after cook, i expect her to automatic wash the cover n clean the hod n hood too but after she finish the pan, she sit on the floor instead.. My mil say she not 灵活. Asks her peel the vegetable, my mil finish cut garlic, onion, prawn etc n she still peeling the vege.. Omg..
But when she sees a need to help in washing plates, she really will do it automatic.. Things like help me pull out the chair when see i want to sit oso automatic but tts not i want to see..

My mum is surprise why i still let her use washing machine to wash our clothes?? She feels we shd let her hand wash instead to save more water n electricity.. Do u gals oso asks maid to handwash ur clothes? Maybe i too get use with using washing machine.. Asks her cook fried noddle, she peelnat least 8-9 layers of cabbage which shock me as i want eat fried noodle, not fried cabbage neh.. When she cook sesami chicken, i help her prepare a cup of water so she can use if wants but she go pour whole cup into my wok n my sesame chicken looks like chicken soup?? She cant multitask too as we hv three stove but she can only cook one dish at a time.. End up she start prepare dinner at 5pm but we can eat only at 7plus.. N by the time she tidy up everything, already around 8:45pm.. Is tt a normal speed? Her pattern oso getting more n more.. Tt day, my hb asks her go wash car n he secretly peek on her, he saw when halfway clean car, she take a sweet fr her pocket to eat n throw the wrapper to a dustbin nearby.. The thing is, we never allow her to eat any sweet, why n where she got the sweet? If she wants to eat, she can tell me but not do it secretly right? Oso, i secretly peek in her bag tt she always bring along with her to my mum place n saw a $2 note in it.. Where will she get the $$ since she only declare having $4 onhand which is still in her wardrobe? She very inflexible too, i just tell her to boil water every night n she just do it every night though sometime there still alot of water n cant she tell? I hv to oways remind her things n is this correct? After think back, what can she help me beside do hsework? When come to cooking, cannot make it after 2mths of training.. ( how long it takes ur maid to learn to cook n able to cook well?), wht she does now, any part time maid can do it biweekly within 4hrs.. Yet, i hv to feed her, pay her so much.. Is it right?? Sometime i asks myself, Am i expecting too much fr her? Beginning we give her time to learn so slow ok but now already after 2mths, is it normal to still be so slow?? Sigh. If u will me, will u still retain this maid?? Thks for hearing me out..;) just need somewhere to vent out my frustration..;)

marie,
sorry to ask.. understand the grp is open grp. does it mean other ppl, maybe like my friend, can read the posts? just out of curiosity only as slowly getting a bit more 'active' in looking at fb nowadays. heheh

Joanne03,
it's okay to vent your frustration here. i does the same too ;)
have u considered changing ur maid? honestly speaking, my maid does things slow too. but i dont see her sweep or mop the floor for 2hrs. she can do it within 30min if only she and mil at home. And yes, i find mine also very inflexible. And I find that we need to tell her exactly what we want her to do. cannot assume she knows. sometimes, when i told her to do this she replied me yes yes. but in the end, she didnt know what i want. A good example was i told her not to pour hot boiled water into plastic drinking container, need to wait for it to cool down first. she said yes yes. when i came back to kitchen again in ard 5min, she already poured it. i asked her why. she didn't know how to reply me. recently, i asked mil how she finds the maid and she told me the maid does not listen to her when they were alone. sometimes, when mil told her off, she gave black face but when we are ard, she behaves differently. i'm uneasy with this since mil and maid going to take care my #2 when i go back to work. somemore, she's only with us for 2mths too. told hubby if want to change or not..i'm worried she will chu more patterns. but hubby said wait till i deliver first then we decide again.
And yes, joanne. we ask our maid to use washing machine to wash our clothes. we used to it. I hv the same thot as u too. am i expecting too much? but maybe as mothers, we definitely will want to make sure they could at least try to follow our styles to make sure our children, house are keep clean and tidy. this is my thot.

wow.. i am thinking if i should hire a helper and now you have really scare me off!!

maybe you can tell her what is your requirements and tell her to help out when possible even if she is at your mil place? is this her first job? i think bb clothes can handwash if not a lot but our own clothes can machine wash? most important she must keep the house clean for your bb, i think it will be my first priority!

Ya cherish
As when i see her cook, she put lotsa oil n soy sauce too though i oways dun put too much oil n dun be too salty as no gd for health, but she still do it since she may think is free, not her pay but this not the point.. The thing is i want my kid eat healthy too.. Then imagine i everytime need to go check on her, arent i tired? She show black face to my mum too so like u say, they need to work together n if no gd relationship or no fate with her.. How? My mum hope she change for the better since already spend sometime teach her but if cannot make it, really need to change.. Imagine till now, my mum is the one doing the cooking for her to eat, is it right? Is urs mymammr too? I regret take a 5th mth transfer maid n now i understand why previous owner keep scold her as she deserve it.. Worst is 5 mths experience but like still no experience here.. How big is ur hse? Half hr is acceptable.. Imagine i need asks her clean the floor daily next time as bbies wanna crawl.. Half aday already gone for her.. Plus cooking etc.. Whole day gone then how can she help me at all? Sigh..

Joanne, my maid does things very fast n the agent ald told her to handwash clothes. Sheets n comforter use machine. So she ownself zidong only use machine for towels n sheets. She got no $ at all so if she does means she steals. U can try to test her where she gets $ n sweets fr? Is it fr ur hse? Tink most maids inflexible de lo. We hardly hm over the weekend n my maid saw it's Monday wanna chemical wash my loo. I saw n tell her just use water n floor cleaner, no need use the tile cleaner n mr muscle. There r things which I buay tahan oso like she see 3/4 pc of clothes she wanna iron....I tell her tmr then do. She pour my boy's ling yang away.... Kept saying sorry but ald done. Use my mum's makeup remover tissue as wet tissue...put my boy's hanky in kichen she tot checkered ones all kitchen towels. Need to explain to her slowly, they all fr kampong so nt very smart in differentiating. N dunno y she likes to bathe ard 6 liddat! Sometimes havnt cook finish bathe wat?

Joanne cool dwn, when u due? If change must wait how long? She do things slowly cos she keng so that no need do other things? U tell her if her chores ng finished then she got lesser time to rest. My hse only 90sqm so quite fast finish. N she go my grandma hse, relative hse, she auto ask to help out de, no need push n Nvr blk face to any of us

Linggie thanks! Post your work on fb then can see ;)

Joanne sorry to hear bout your helper trouble. It must b tough. Try and keep calm.

Eeks the sudden appearance of stretch mark sounds frightening. I better double up on my oil.

By the way, what I tot was mild menstral cramps turned out to be contractions as seen on my ctg. Ha I usually have such bad cramps (faint, cold sweat) that I didn't even think otherwise.

jo, i really think u shud change this maid leh... attitude is the biggest thing for me for helpers. if teachable, good attitude and honest, then everything can be settled later but this one seemed like got attitude problems. later will u be leaving her w kids alone? btw, so far u havent had good words abt her at all lor... chemistry sometimes v impt also.

kalmen, only 2 days to go... i doubt ur stretchmarks will appear. hahhaha... are you prepared yet?

Kalmen- agree ur mobile looks v nice. Marie'S as well. U ladies are talented!!

Marie- ur preg shoot v nice!!! So heartwarming! Post more pics n share.

Anyone aso delivering at tmc? Which PD do u choose?
I have chosen Dr Ang Ai Tin. Any comments bt her?

Liligal, as prepared as I possibly can. Its our first so cant prep. The hubs always reminds me, its the journey, not the end point. So I guess I'll take labour as it comes. Just cross fingers it would be not so painful and not so long.

Win : thanks. Had time on hand so figured why not.
I'm delivering at TMC. We have chosen our pd. Ahh his name eludes me, but he's located at united sq Aglow.

cherish, why ur PD take so long to get you in? you were #2 in the queue since morning! he only come in the afternoon? huh? btw, how's ur boy now? jus stay at home can already? do you still need to work? take care esp when ur hubby not around.

My gynae asks me which PD i want cos she has to write on the admission slip.

Even anethestist aso must choose. If u got no idea then she will help u select, probably those good responsibble ones. I base on my cousin feedback n provide gynae with the names when she ask me.

Joanne,
Cool down too. My hse is normal 5rm flat. Mine is indo maid n only 3mth transfer maid. Reason was previous employer complaint she does things very slow. She's indeed slow. But that time hubby n mil said she's ok so got her. I raised my concern but hubby insisted
Though I complain now, hubby still finds e maid ok. Don't know is it men more 随便?

Ourlovestory,
Don't get scared away. There are good maids too. I feel it's really depends on luck lor.

Liligal,
Just gave my boy med. He was screaming loudly n can hear he's losing his voice soon. Think tonite no need to sleep well as he's having fever now. Tmr still hv to go work. I tell myself to endure another wk n will be on leave soon.
happy.gif

I also don't know why e clinic is sooo overwhelming. E practise there is parents take q no. then will go off. Clinic will call parents when their q is approaching. it's at rivervalve mall sengkang. But one thing I can't deny is e pd is good n patient. I'm looking for alternative pd now as I don't think I can wait until like this. The pd comes in morn btw.

Joanne: my maid also having such prob when she first came 2 mths ago. Forgetful, like to eat. Maybe never have been exposed to such food before, like v greedy kind. She will drop down anything she is doing when its time for her to eat.
In the profile say know how to cook but come here say dunno. But we teach her a few times, she can do simple cooking.
As for washing of clothes, my MIL used to have her maids handwash and spin dry using the machine so the maid is doing tat.
My house currently only 3 room, so small small only.
Thought of changing her but in the end we gave her another chance, my husband had a long talk with her. Seems more 'zhi dong' now but still not flexible. Shall see when the bb is out, see how forgetful she can get with my bb...I will be on 4 mths ML, if she really cannot make it I still have time to look for a new one while I can be home w my baby.
I told her, "since you are so forgetful, u cannot be a maid. Maybe you shd just go home and ask other ppl to take care of you" she just keep quiet =p
If you really want to change, take your time to choose while u still can have her to help out in the housework...

Kalmen: excited for you!!! Btw I brought books from fishpond.com, they have free shipping which I find it more worth it than Amazon.

Marie, can you please add me also in the FB gp?

Online shopping, my 2nd batch of loots from carters arrived today. So happy, but guess i really need to stop =p
Also brought a few pieces of maternity from old navy only when I am left with 6 more weeks (-.-) hehe

Win: My gynae never asked me that. Maybe I'll ask him when I see him on Monday. My girl used to see Dr Janice Wong at the Thomson Paediatric Centre at Novena Medical Centre. But now Dr Ellen Tay has replaced her as Dr Janice Wong is back at TMC. Maybe I'll choose her.

Cherish, my boy oso having fever...... I brought him to gp, he used to c Dr Alyson Tan but after he grows older I bring to gp cos the que at kids clinic really scary. Tink for ur case give her sometime cos nt so serious prob as yet. She needs to buck up when Bb is here, u all need to keep reminding her. Or yr mil is a bit more demanding? Old ppl dun like blk face de. My mum oso kept saying heng ours smiley.... My hb's aunt really fussy n her maids ran away, 2 of them lo. Her std of cleanliness can die de.

Hi rer rer, qin, kalmen, our lovestory, lili
Thks so much for ur kind advise n feedback on maid..i already tell her what i wants fr her many time but she just no improve..I oso dun like maid with bad attitude.. Especially she needs to work with my mum more n not us. She is afraid of us too as maybe she knows we r the one paying for her salary. Just now my mum asks her sweep floor hurry up n she still can say abit loud tt she is already trying her best.. But fr wht i see, still same.. One hr sweep a floor.. I will not say anymore thing fr now on.. After bbies born n if she still slow n cant keep up my pace.. I will just say bye to her n change another new maid after my confinement n before my maternity end..I feel i hv give her enough time to adapt but she dun tressure.. Change maid depend on is it maid still in country, if yes, need wait for only few weeks.. I wonder wht kind of training she goes thru in agency? Like dun hv.. N yes, i feel she very gd in eat snake too.. Throw rubbish can still see see look look around before come in.. Btw, i will never trust maid alone with my kids.. My dear mum will help me to take care bbies while she does hsework.. Somehow i feel she is dirty after busy with hsework, how can we still let her carry bb?? Shd i buy an apron for her to wear before carry bb? Any suggestion? My mum oso say got no chemistry with her, me too but she oso sianz need to retrain maid so we just pray hard tt she can improve lor... Thks for hearing me out gals.. ;)

Hi lili
The pd u mention not sure is it there is only one pd with surname Ang? As i know there is a pd surname Ang whose knife very sharp.. Wht kalmen say of the pd in united square maybe is doc Ong n heard his clinic very spacious with fish tank who is charging more reasonable.. Right kalmen?

Hi alyssa n cherish
Thks for ur advise on maid too.. I will see how n give her one more mth to try out.. If she makes my blood boil everyday when facing her daily.. I will say bye to her..;)

Jo think the PD is cherish's. Mine's from Tiong bahru cos we used to stay there. Tk care. U dun wana let ur babies feel ur pek chek ness bcos of this maid. Not worth it.

I wonder how is rykiel coping w her street smart savvy maid.

I'm exhausted wif a cranky boy now. He still hving fever. Want tsponge him but he doesn't let me. Put fever patch n he cried 'take out take out' *faint* don't know if still hv strength to go work tmr.

Joanne,
It really looks like it's better for you to change her. If she can show this kind of attitude within such a short period of time, then long term, it'll be even worse ba? Anyway, u have some time to monitor lah.

Cherish,
How old is your boy now? Must be tough on you hat he has fever now. Did u try giving him barley water? It works sometimes.

FM - actually it seems like for most moms, milk doesnt kick in till like 2-3 days later. Then shdnt the hosp provide at least 1-2 bottles firsts? If really no milk, then how to feed wor? For first time mommies, must really jia you to overcome the initial pains etc to bf bb ok? It's "terrible", but once overcome the initial period and the body gets into a routine already, then it's simply a breeze! Just life and feed. No need wash bottles, no need spend money
happy.gif

Wonder if anywhere sells those small sachets kind. Cos will only need a bit for standby ma. Buy whole tin, so wasted

Morning mummies...

Ytd night nvr slp well. Flip left abit pain, flip right also pain... Cannot find a suitable position to slp. Anyone encounter same as me?

Morning mommies..

Jomomm,
My boy is 2yrs old. I'm a zombie now. Shack! Yes, gave him barley few days ago. He's having fever because of his bronchitis. He's totally no voice when he tried to call me this morn. I see him like this heartpain lor. Hopefully will recover day by day.

Hospitals hv those glass milk bottles, small ones for 1 feed. Used to be foc but now they charge per bottle. U may want to consider this. I don't think nb or stage1 milk comes in sachet as need to promote bf lor

qin, me me! can't sleep at all. it's super irritating when my boy and hubby are sleeping so soundly and breathing so loudly while i'm tossing and turning and the girl in me is doing the same. it's a nightly affair for me for the last few nights already.

cherish and rer-rer, take care. last lap liao.

morning mummies, me still working and abit sianz oredi. do also funny cos since i'm going and can't promise anything, don't do also funny since i'm still not on ML and wanna show i'm responsible. everyday kinda cooped at home like confinement oredi cos lazy to go out to stroll. only left 1 more wk and everyone will stop going office right?

Cherish, u take care too! My boy got pissed with my dad ytd when he came to visit cos sponge him he angry. Fever patch he take out n throw dunno hw far, whine n cry!

rer-rer and ourlovestory, you got the zalora voucher from FB group already?

rer-rer, i dunno which one u r leh on my FB.

Joanne, just treat her as cleaner Nw n see hw. Really dun stress urself le, or u tell ur mum go n be fierce to her. Give her full authority. I got my pt cleaner auntie train my maid at my hse that time my maud knows she is dispensable, very scared if we dowan her. Nt to scare u la, the agency ur maid fr really sucks that's y we din choose them tho it's just next to my mum plc. Maybe get a totally new with no expectations of sg is better.

Liligal, is the pain something like pressure? I thought i am gg to due soon. I feel like it is ligament pain. Hahaa...

ourlovestory, there's a small "skip" somewhere below.

qin, i jus feel lotsa movements down under. my pain is more of backside pain! other folks have menstrual cramp like pain.. that's contraction pains usually. but there are people w no pain at all like BB. dun worry, if u need to go, u'll know one.. it will be so so regular.

hihi,
anyone stay in/near Bukit panjang and hv engage massage lady huiling? i hv the cloth binder to give away. pm me if interested.

yes that's why i think my account has problem and i am scare to reveal my hp no leh...

7177720.jpg

i only see the image without any other option and i cannot login
sad.gif

I must enter a valid hp no to verify my account.. so weird...??

hmmmm.. you have other accounts is it? or first time using phone to access? what about if u reinstall FB on ur phone? same?

No leh.. it just happened yesterday when I tried to login. both did not work on my phone or from pc... someone has hacked it?? ;-/

very hot day today again.. craving for a coconut drink! hee hee...

MORNING MUMMIES..

i just pop by to see how u mummies doing.. my work tray is piling up=(

i will catch up with u mummies on the previous threads once i catch a breather..

at the mean time hope everyone haf a great day ahead=)
its Thursday already..1 more day to the weekends..

Morning mummies! Aiyoh, I'm joining cherish and rer-rer in battling with a sick toddler. 5 days to his 2nd birthday and he is down with fever, cough &amp; running nose. The most stressful part is he is those who refused to take medicine - will do all he can to spit/vomit the medicine out. Tired and really difficult to handle him with a big bump! Hope our #1 get well soon!

Mrs C, very tiring one lo, hope all our kids get well soon. The weather is horrible!

Joy, dun stress urself too much k

mrs c, oh dear... take care. you have helper right?

joy, u just reminded me... end of today i'm ending wk38. and my kid is still refusing to come out!!! ahhhhh......

Back