(2012/07) Jul 2012

Laura,
my boy moves a lot too, even when sleeping also can feel him moving...wonder is it too squeezy inside cos he stretch a lot too...

any mummies here change toilet bowls before?
how long will it take?

my blur hubby poured hot water into the toilet bowl cos he was testing the new hot water dispenser, and he forgot to flush...after a few minutes we heard a cracking sound, faintz..
but in-laws dun let us change now, was thinking of changing when i'm in hospital after delivery, so wondering how many days it will take?

Liligal, my hb is ok with it lah cos I did the same with my #1. just make sure don't touch the scalp. Hair color no no, I didn't do coloring ever since I know I m pregnant. Pedicure is so common, I did many times when I had #1. Just hv to avoid using the gel or jelly type. I need a good foot spa with scrub too. I m just too tired to move my butt but still need to look pretty pretty right?

Laura: i dunno oso.. i got this habit before i was preg already.. hahaha.. just that been awhile i didnt do that le.. haha..

lili_gal: coz maybe sometimes i wear those loose oversize type of clothes.. so pple prob think i m fat instead of preg? but some old pple can tell i m preg..

mummies: my sil n mil both asked me to bathe using ginger..or rather is use a cloth to wipe myself clean.. they say cnt bathe!!! wipe only can.. they say coz our pores open n such.. later wait will haf feng shi when we r older..

Pink: Sometimes I really can't tell if he's stretching or am I having the mild contraction.
But I think (1) their bones have harden a lot (2) their space is getting smaller as they grows bigger.

joy_javen: Maybe our tummy won't feel so stretched if we rest with our legs crossed. But it's sure comfy especially when I fold my legs under my thighs.

Rykiel & Laura, take care and rest well. I dun have headaches and my bb also not so active so I cannot say I understand what the both of you are going thru... but it sure sounds bad and unbearable =(

Rykiel, you mentioned that you are going Batam mid June right? You will be in your 34th week then? Is it really ok to travel so close to full term? My HB planning a trip mid June to Malacca but I'm afraid I'm not up to it ... I dun know how big I'll get at 34 week.

ourlovestory, I still take public transport to work. So far so good =) Most morning I have pple giving me their seats. I take the NEL. Pple are kinder and more gracious on the NEL maybe? Or maybe I just look pathetic with my swollen feet and big tummy ...hhehee either way I'm thankful.

BB, I've been wanting to rebond my hair for the LONGEST time!!! But my HB does not allow me to... I have to wait till after confinement. Arggghhh... I cannot stand my hair now.

Ladies, please please please bathe and wash your hair during confinement. July and Aug are super hot mths. It's unhygienic to not bathe and wash hair. Especially so if you intend to breastfeed. Those old traditions are from China where the weather and water quality is totally different from Singapore.

pink_piglet, your hot water dispenser like very powerful... can crack toilet bowl!! Heh... Anyway, it takes only 1 day to change the whole toilet bowl lar. It's an easy job. Just call any contractors and they should be able to do a decent job for you =)

Hi ladies, just back from dr's visit, bb's estimated weight is 1.71kg at 31wks.. Thread moving so fast, how does this weight compare to your babies? I've been eating as I please but worry now bb might be too big, my hips not so big, really Hoping to delivery naturally again

Anyway, re bathing, really admire those who could tahan n not bathe during confinement! Really dont like the sticky feeling or oily hair look haha. I bathed, but quickly dry hair.

so some mummies are lucky to get a seat in the train like bhoo, citizen etc.. or i should believe that there are still some kind souls out there
happy.gif

i thought we are supoosed to take herbal bath? so after giving birth, we bath in the hospital with normal hot water? do they have dryer or we have to bring our own??

Cookie, I have the same concern. My last check was almost 2 weeks ago (w30d5) and doc says bb is 1.8kg. I've been trying to control my weight, just 3 square meals a day, no/not much snacking (maybe just a few seaweed and 1 dried prune ... really tried to ration), but my weight just keep going up. Pek chek already, am putting it down to water retention.
I had the "My Pregnancy" app on my phone and for week 32, it says "...baby is gaining weight fast. He puts on more than half his birth weight between now and when he's born." In which case, my baby is on track to be a 4kg baby?!
I'm a first time mum and getting freaked! :p

ourlovestory, I know Mt Alvernia has hair dryer =)

citizen, I've the same app on my hp too. Dun have to worry abt your bb getting too big cos you might not carry your bb to the full 40weeks. By 37th week can birth already. So your bb might just be 3 to 3.5kg which is pretty normal =)

If i follow the app, my bb also like overweight. At 28 weeks, my bb was 1.3kg when the app says should be abt 1kg...

Cookie: mine was 1.8kg at 32 weeks.

Citizen: I dun think its a direct exponential gain. Apps are all mathmetical calculation anywya.
Dun worry too much about it. What did your gyne say?
If u really need to snack - organic dried fruits? Not those friend mango coz too much preservatives and too sweet. Find those with no artificial sugars. Or naturally sweetened.

For those wanna shop on Asos, just got an email from them. There is a special 20% off for 24 hours. Only for full priced items. Key in promo code SPECIAL20 at checkout

wow thanks kalmen22..

cookie: dun worry when i was at wk 28 my bb was 1.2kg.. anyway the weight is just an estimation by the gyne.. it might nt be accurate..
is just a guide to shows us bb r growing..

anyway mummies, i m helping my fren to promo her cupcakes.. http://kremekiss.blogspot.com/
u all can add her in facebook=) their creativity juice is really beyond words.. u may consider getting for the full mth.. for price range pls email her to get the price range=)
they do customise designs oso.. so maybe can ask them to do those pacifier or rocking horse designs=p

oki i m feeling hungry again.. i just drank enfamama chocolate milk n a sponge cake.. still hungry..

bhoo,
i was been forbidden to take bath during my #1 confinement. And it was a very very terrible feeling. worse than giving birth. i already told hubby i want to bath everyday this time round. Need to have the basic hygienic lor!

wahhh... thread very active today ah?

BB, i'll cite your example on pedi to hubby. and esp the look pretty pretty part!!! hahahhaa

laura, so funny!!!! abt the half cleaning kitchen. my girl is really out of space i think but gynae say water level ok so she's comfy but i'm not!!!!

cookie, your kid not big, just nice!

i bathed with herbal water and washed hair with super hot water during my last confinement. all ok leh. only 1st two days in hospital i wiped only cos i c-sect dun dare to move too much.

btw, nowadays getting into nursery also difficult. we are only in middle of year and all the places near my house for next year nursery all full liao!!! now stressed for #1. :S

lili_gal: if u r stress for number 1 i guess u must be thinking #2 de how.. since its a booming dragon yr!!!
anyway most parents definately will wanna put their kids nearest to their home.. so no choice..
n so much of reading the news regarding increase voluteer hrs for pri 1 entry..
i wonder y nowadays things haf to be so competitive n need to do so many things in order to get a spot for the school?

Kalmen22, thanks for sharing! I'll go check ASOS again to see if any more things to buy.

joy_javen, now you make me want to have cupcakes!!! argghhh .... I LOVE CUPCAKES!!! I think I'll bake some tonight. Hehhe

cherish, eeekss! I usually bathe twice a day. I cannot imagine not bathing for 1 mth. I think I might go crazy or extremely depressed. LOL.

lili_gal, your #1 also born in popular year? I tot nursery should have vacancies.

bhoo,
yes yes!!! i really went crazy for 2 weeks. imagined feeling so sticky, smelly and i didnt even want to carry my boy because i felt so 'dirty'. In the end, they gave in. so this time round, i will fight for my right. hahah

liligal,
ur mom or mil is helping u to take care #1 now? does he go to any playgroup?

joy_javen, there are actually many pri schools in singapore that do not require volunteer work or balloting. The problem is that parents just eye those 20-30% of primary schools in Singapore cos of reputation. The remaining 70% of the schools in Singapore have plenty of vacancies!

Thanks ladies for the reassurances!

Joy, me also always feeling hungry! Now after Citizen cite the app saying bb estimated to be 4kg at this current rate think I will try to control, previously just eat as I like haha

Citizen, don't worry, Kalmen is rite, it's just an estimation n your gynae is not concerned rite?

Kalmen, thanks for sharing the discount code! Luckily I haven't ordered the bra yet, so now can save abit
happy.gif
btw, want to ask you, does the bra's band get looser with subsequent washes? Will most prob order my current band size as I worry the band becomes lose with subsequent washes. Let me know your thoughts ok? Thanks!
happy.gif

bhoo: haha.. wow u know how to bake..
well i m someone who dun really know how to cook.. n i dun like to cook at my hubby hse..coz always mil will be ard.. n i dun like pple to supervise me.. i told my hubby next time when our hse come liao dan i will start cooking for him.. hahahah..

regarding to school: yeah i understand.. just that i dunnoe why things haf to be so complicated.. n the things they learn in sch r getting tougher..

Later going Kiddy Palace @ JP to buy stroller....so tempted to eat the Belgian Chocolate ice-cream from Andersen's and also durian puffs from Durian Mpire. BUT ALL CANNOT EAT! Boo Hoo!

joy_javen, i anyhow anyhow bake one lah. I just go to allrecipe.com =). Next time when you have your own kitchen you can try out too. I also only started cooking and baking when I moved to my own place. I agree with you that what they learn in school now is tough. My niece in P1 has got this math question - form a triangle using 2 triangles and 1 square. I asked a few of my colleagues and many of them could not solve it.

Laura, which stroller are you getting? I'm still undecided lei ...

bhoo: Getting a cheap and simple one - GoodBaby. The one which can fold up the 4-wheels and transform to a rocker. Price at about $119.00.

Gynae did double check with me my EDD. Will be seeing him again this coming Sat, see what he says. (fingers crossed)

I'm always hungry too! And to think that I thought pregnancy will be a good time to stuff my face. Haiz.

Confinement-wise, me and hubby both clueless, I told him I'll follow as much as I can but I won't kill myself to do it. So we're playing by ear. I figured bb needs a sane (and alive) mother more than anything else. (Scared of post-natal depression).

Laura: That's new to me ... i've not seen it before. I'll go check it out later. Have you checked out the combi well comfort? Can open and close with 1 hand =) and super light weight.

can consider abc design stroller if you are not after brands.. it is available at marina square
happy.gif

aprica has a light weight stroller but it is at the 400+ range...

i saw all these strollers from the motherhood fair previously.

joy, yah... very jialat system nowadays. even nursery leh!!! and i'm not even looking for brands. i mean nursery got brand meh?

i seriously think our education system needs an overhaul. nowadays teachers depend on parents rather than the other way. the way our society look at the "elites", it's a no wonder that people wants to go for the top few schools. further, friends in MOE tell me that good teachers are sent to good schools so again, you don't want kuching kurak teachers in any other schools for your kid.

bhoo, no leh. #1 in 2009. not very popular. so for sure have to get him in a co-ed school or else the #2 will have problems with school registration. i mean among my own friends there are 17 preggers already not including me. these are just figures among my closer facebook friends!

cherish, #1 is in a playgroup/pre-nursery now for 2 hrs each day but that school only has up to pre-nursery. so now hv to hunt for his next school.

laura, why cannot eat? i hv been eating those leh.... even mao shan wang durian ice-creams.

bhoo, i like the combi strollers. very light with one hand and when we travel overseas, it was very good.

i m so so so nua with hospital bag packing!!! keep thinking abt it but doing nothing.

btw, do you all see dark spots appearing on your faces? me not sure if it's a age thing or a preggy thing leh....

also, my tummy start having small red dots appearing and itchy. it's like one or two in 2-3 days. size each is abt half of sesame seed. you all have?

liligal: there are "brands" for nursery one!! there are some very popular ones which are more difficult to get into.. but to me, i guess the teachers and the hygiene level of the school is very important and not really the "brand" of the school
happy.gif

i also very nua, mainly because i am so tired after work everyday! i really must start washing the bb clothes!!! *whew ~~

Hi, I realised I said I HAVE packed my hospital, actually I mean to type I HAVEN packed =p hehe

Marie, anyway I have not pay any deposit. Just got the booklet and a pre-registration form to fill up.

Tanny, don't be lazy ya... Must get out this weekend, hope you will get good deals at the motherhood fair.

Cookie: Yup i do feel the band lossen slightly. But still more than adequate support for my C cup. Guess its also how u wash the bra. Mayb I too rough.. Hee

I keep thinking I need to pack hospital bag but haven't gotten to it.

Anyone reading The Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg or The Contented little baby by Gina ford?

I rem a mum mentioning getting baby safe mattress from Robinson. Is there a discount? And wats the review for baby safe mattress?

liligal,
i hv the small red dots on my tummy too.. a bit itchy and i apply the cream my gynae prescribed for me for sensitive skin.

talking abt schools, yes i also find the edu system is haywire now. i'm intending to look for a new ccc or preschool for my boy but i know the waiting list must be very very long! i cant imagine when my boy reach primary school registration. oh, i just heard from my friend that for some popular schools, parents who want to do PV hv to go thru interviews and submit dont know what proposals. then the school will go thru and shortlist. it sounds like job interview for me! >.< '''

cherish: thank you lots! =)

joy_javen: nt feeling well take mc. dun drag to wrk. i lagi funny i at hm but i keep worryin abt wrk. =[ i tink i abit siao alr.

bhoo: thanks babe=) the headache better dun try. it is v bad. it subsided whn i woke this noon, just nw 5+ i went downstairs took a stroll came up one side started its nonsense again. ya i had wanted to go mid june. tt y lor! my dad dun wan me to go, hub also hvin 2nd thoughts. but i wan go get toiletries leh. but like abit too hassle to travel n walk. save some energy for the few bucks buy in sg will b better right? lucky thingy is i hvn book! =P firstly my stamina is jin chui now.. i walk to work i panting liao =x hwhehhehe..talkin abt bathing during confinement daily washes 'below' is cfm wash, body washing n wiping is also necessary! hot hot water v v v impt. for me ill see how it goes, weather too hot ill bathe!!! else ill wipe. my body cannot enter wind. ill die at 40! nw alr the pain n aches unbearable. thou ill sound like i smell but i wipe everyday clean clean with a tub of water in the toilet. after wiping i sit inside for the vapour to evaporate b4 stepping out. minimise tuoching water also. cos my hands n knee is also weather forecast if u knw wad i mean.

cookie: thanks babe! =) hmm.. 28wks bb was 1kg! whn i 31wks i let u knw =P~ hehehe. sounds good to me. bb sounds big eh? did doc say anything?

ourlovestory: in hospital no herbal bath, at hospital got eagle eyes (MIL) also. so i shud b probably sneaking in to bathe if i can manage. er.. i forgot if hv dryer u chk with the other mummies. u delivering at ? me at kkh.

Watsons having sale. Pampers size S is 3 packs for $36. Per pack 48pcs. Cheap? I just bought 3 packs at compass point.

cherish, yah yah.. itchy ones.. ok i'm not alone. i was wondering if i'm having rashes oredi! thanks!

ya lor, schools really tough nowadays. for primary school, you have to like start NOW i.e. when kids about 4 years old! some schools outright ask for donations with no guarantee. what you read in newspaper is only half truth.

rykiel, you still can walk well? if not how to go batam to shop? i am walking like a penguin nowadays... but hubby ask me not to insult the penguin!!! (-_-') anyway, walking tough for me and very slow now. i also think u just buy here lah. that few dollars saved not sure can cover your batam ferry cost. btw, ur baby good size.

btw, i started my hospital bag!!! thot i wrote lotsa stuff but turned out not much to pack leh. most stuff needs to wash first or on that day then put into the bag e.g. camera, baby stuff. so now i'm more or less settled except for sterilizer to buy and cot to setup!!!

ok i'm ready for even 36wks!!!!

Playpen cot, mattress, stroller, stroller mat, bouncing bed, bathing lotion, baby oil and wet wipes all bought.
Mission accomplished!
Elancyl stretch mark cream Guardian got offer. 400ml @ $59.90 Cheap!
happy.gif
Yay!
happy.gif

Liligal,
Ur hubby is cute leh! LOL

I realize I hv many new lookalike tiger strips on my tummy. Look so awful. I believe it will be there permanently.
sad.gif

So far, I bought 2 small packs of nb diapers n 2 small packs of petpet size s. Wanted to top up size a diapers but hubby doesn't allow.

cherish, i wouldn't use cute on him lor... for this pregnancy many animals have newly entered my life i.e. female pig, hippo, rhino etc.. and i hv countered with flamingos, ostriches and penguins. think my girl will come out liking the zoo alot.

anyway, why got tiger strips? i found some small few cm ones on my tummy near the rings of my popped belly button. not sure if it's stretch mark! so quickly rushed to load lotsa cream. the one given by stemcord during the fair was actually quite good. 100% virgin olive oil cream. yours confirmed stretched marks?

Hi boho, I think it's cheap. From Kalmen's blog I saw one pack was $16.50 =p should I buy too? Wat if bb is sensitive to the pampers?
Today one of my colleague just pass me a pack of S Huggies diapers =p

Ya ya. I hv the lines spreading outward fr my belly button area n some of them look quite red. I think mine is stretch marks. I do apply cream but don't know why still hv it.

Ladies, I hv rebonded my hair today. Just came home at 10.30pm. Heehee... Cut n thin my hair too. I m all ready to be pretty pretty except my pedicure. Planning to do it this coming Sunday. Well, I asked my gynae before n he also encourage me to stay pretty pretty. My hb also tried to convince me to take me rebond after confinement but how to pump breast milk after delivery? Sitting in the salon n pump milk ah? Ladies, stay pretty pretty ok?

Bhoo: the Pampers def a good deal - got a gf who is a super pampers loyalty customer. Even she says it's cheap.

Alyssa: same concern as you. Dunno how the child will react to the diapers.

Cherish: I just buy and hide the diapers from the hubs ;)

Marie : read then we can discuss. I've just finished Gina ford. Wil post my thoughts soon. But am def interested in the schedule feeding as opp to demand feeding.

Liligal: I've got a couple of spots too. Just below my belly. It started a couple of days back and itches. Hmm our delivery is close, Mayb it's a rite of preggy passage?

Back