(2012/07) Jul 2012

lili_gal: it's my fren's first bb...her water bag started leaking one fine morning but I think she only went in to the hospital in the afternoon. Waited another 2 days (I think), before doctor induced and gave birth

bhoo... Yea my hubby got me started on the blog.. coz i freelance.. and with the belly it was hard to work.. so I had loads of time at hand.. the hubs channel my energy elsewhere.. otherwise i'll bother him
happy.gif

Off the Top why I dun like the Emma Jane sleep bra. It's like a sports bra, but with a really wide elastic underband. Maybe I've got a short torso, but it really dug into my skin when I sat down. Very uncomfy.
Second, you can't adjust the shoulder straps (think sports bra)

I use the Clarins Oil as well. Love! - ever since my 2nd month. Currently on my 2nd bottle, though I find myself using more now that the belly is bigger. I use it on my belly and butt.
Have written a review on it. Also Its so much cheaper $53.80 at Ocean at Chinatown - but the last time I was there, they were out of stock. I've included the number to call on my blog, so you can check - dun make a wasted trip.
http://notsosecretmusingsofamum.blogspot.com/2012/05/review-clarins-huile-tonic-body.html#more

Oh and If you are heading to Ocean - you can purchase pigeon wipes 6packs for $18. But its the sticker resealable kind.

Thanks everyone for the info! yeah i'm headed to Ocean.. i work nearby so it's not out of the way.. also nid to get some shampoo cos i've run out anyway.. oh if it's sold out then i guess i dont have much of a choice also.. will get the cream then haha. but will check! thinking of trying the oil.. previously the stretch mark cream could last me a couple of mths too.. but as my tummy grew larger, the amt needed increased and it ended up only surviving a mth!

joy_javen: You were lying on your back is it? If we lie too long on our back sure dizzy and nausea one cos bb pressing on our blood supply to brain.

sunbelle: Seeing Dr Loh again on 1st Jun. No, he didn't ask me to count my bb's movement but he did ask how active is my bb and I told him my bb move non stop. As if no need to rest, like today, moving since morning.
sad.gif

hika, when i checked with the promoter at the Clarins counter, she was saying the oil is for prevention and cream is for repair. you shud b using oil right? that's what i have been told which was why i got the oil.

Liligal: well I haven't tried the oil before actually.. Been using creams thruout pregnancy..and ocean is still sold out for both cream n oil so ya, im in trouble cos I barely have any left.. Will either have to get my gynae's or might have to make do at higher priced clairins.. Sigh sigh

Helper. I m not emphasizing on the house. More on treating with respect to our helpers cos they r supposed to be our extra hands, legs, n eyes. If they r not helping or respecting u like u do, buy a ticket n send her home. Don't stress over trivial things with helpers, speak your mind tactfully.

Lili gal, hehe I thought I m the only one very Kia su checking on full month stuff. I only realize the sweet secret has closed down all the outlets. I used to order the full month cake from them. I m fussy about cakes, must buy n try first then order. Buffet I m a member of Neo garden so will get from them as usual.

Ocean, if you r heading to Ocean, u can drop by the baby distributor I mentioned before. It has everything including prams, Cot, everything about baby n mother in cheaper prices. I hv been there last Sat for my round 2 n completed buying all baby necessities.

Delivery bag. I m very lazy to pack but ladies time to really pack the bag now. Everyday put something inside lor. This time I m packing lesser things so don't know still need a hand luggage bag.

Baby movements. If your baby is not moving much don't worry too much. My #1 only moved slightly after my lunch. N she could be motionless for 3 consecutive days. Now she is going to 3 yr old very good girl. When she newborn, she never cried. Just make "eh, eh" sound for milk. She only cried once (really baby cry) when we first time brought her for injections. Now #2 moves more, hope he is not hyper.

Hi mommies, where exactly is this place Ocean chinatown... Coz I will need to stock up too... What payment mode they accept??

Been very busy today as colleague on mc and need to do her stuff too. Threads going fast too
happy.gif

Full mth cakes
I ordered fr sweetest moments for #1 n their service is quite ok. Will probably go back them for #2.

Wow the thread is really moving fast. Indeed it has been very warm recently, can't imagine when we are at our 'Zhou Yue' mth, omg!

Btw Ladies I just got a letter with hospital guide from TMC. It's my first time, as quite impressed they even list down the stuffs that they will be providing for baby/me in the booklet. I am in week 30 now, have not pack my hospital bag... Can I ask how do we wear pad with the disposable panties? Will the pad be secured in place?

Oh something to share, Carter's is having 25% sale online till tmr and kiddy palace is having 20% discount for members, not sure until when. My gf was the one with the member card told me. Just in case any of you ladies are interested.

Marie,
Wha happened to ur gf? She delivered earlier by how many wks? It just reminded me of my another gf who delivered 4wks earlier due to Waterbag burst last time. Her #1 too.

Alyssa,
I didn't hv much issue for e pass to secure wif disposable pads.
And u just remind me e terrible confinement period. haha.

Hika u can try SaSa, cheaper than clarins counter. And sometimes they got 20% off

I'm tracking baby movement by the hour coz of my low amniotic fluid. If your gyne doesn't ask u to.. Think dun worry too much.

Joy: I fixed the picture problem. Now u can see how the Emma Jane look like.

Hi cherish, you are scaring me =p

Hi Kalmen, saw your blog, interesting & informative. Think till date I hate brought 6 non-wired bras from M&S, still pending 3 more from online order from one of the BP from this forum.
I brought the belly belt from Mothercare too but I find it's getting quite tight now... Almost velcro it till the edge already... The sales assistant asked me to get small cos I'm small but think I shd get an M to last the last trimester.

Alyssa,
Oops. I meant I don't hv problem securing e pads into e disposable panties. Sorry for typo error as using hp lor. ;p

Hey mummies just saw this on gmarket
Phaethon Korean Premium Diapers 2 Pcs Sample Pack - going for $0.10. Dliverynis $0.60.

http://list.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=405438310

Alyssa: hnks for the encouragement. I've never really blogged before but just needed to share my thoughts.
For your support belt, perhaps you can get a Velcro extension from Spotlight or even Daiso. Attach/sew it to existing to increase the width.
And yes up I got M&S bras too. My issue is the sizing.. They seem to be bigger in cup size than the Asian brands we are used to. But hey, we are supposed to get bigger once nursing kicks in..

My baby is also not moving much, can b v quiet at times... Like when insert my gynae, no movement but the gynae says moving inside.. Prob my feeling not v good or Maybe the bb is facing some way that I can't feel much.. My bb is heads down and legs at my tummy so I feel the movement buglging at my belly button there. My gynae din ask me to count bb movement leh. I suppose to see him in 3 wks time. When I lie on my left n right, I can feel a pumping movement just like bob bob bob all the time - is that heart beats beating away?

Anyone got stiff fingers? Wah my fingers always v hard to bend v stiff in the middle of the night or when I wake up. Gynae says cos I always sleep on one side?? I sleep on both sides but right hand ok leh...

What kind of suitable shoes u all wear to work? My covered shoes become so tight now! Prob my feet are bloated too. Wearing scandals like quite weird in an office environment..

Alyssa : u r not the one one. Me lagi worse. Also in my 30 wks and not even started to buy stuff yet. Just got a hand me down cot, bb clothes n sterilisrr. Rest like pump, diapers, carriers n confinement stuff all not yet bought.

Joanne / Shashamama : laoshi ask abt yr well being. perhaps u wanna update her if u free..

Abt stretchmark oil, I use this cheapo olive oil which i had at home as I din purposely go n buy. Anyone using olive oil? Wanting to buy clarins after I finish my olive oil but until today not yr finish. Abt 1 bottle of prob100ml last me this whole 7 mths and I also din apply daily cos can feel quite oily at times. But gynae commented no stretch marks when he saw me. Was glad to hear that but maybe too early to say now.

Btw does yr gynae examine yr pelvic structure to determine if need to go natural birth or cesarean? Mine din say need to when I asked.

kalmen22, thanks for the feedback on the sleep nursing bra. I think I'll skip that bra. I've got zilch space between my boobs and my massive belly to accommodate thick band.

I bought a non-wired bra from M&S and I hate it. The straps sit very far off my shoulders and keep slipping down. I have to use hollywood tapes on the straps.

tanny, I recommend Fitflops! Preggers have the right to wear whatever footwear they want! Hehhe. Comfort is the top priority.

Hi Kalmen,
you are right so don't forget abt your M&S bra when u are nursing. I kind of like M&S size cos I'm quite heavy on top but small band width.
As for the extendable Velcro, thanks for the tip I will go and take a look when I shopping again =)

Hey Tanny,
I have pack the hospital bag but think the rest are almost in place=p left the mattress for cot & bath run I think...
And another damage done last night online with Carter's. Brought quite a few of rompers, dresses for my baby girl. Until I overslept this morning. Oops.
Hehe you are in how many weeks? Want to start before tummy gets bigger to shop?

thanks Bhoo
happy.gif

Kalmen22: 10q for fixing the picture problem n the intro of the bras once again..
anyway i will go to H&M to check out on the maternity bra=) at least i can try n my colleague recommend me as she say it cost $39.90 for 2..

Laura: i m sitting upward n i will feel like puking..when slping i m slping sideway..but w/o knowing i will be lying on my back..

BB: regards to bb movements, usually my bb haf a habit of moving at certain timing.. there is a pattern.. n my gyne did told me before if within 24hrs i dun feel my bb moving dan ask me to go see him immediately.. anyway dun worry too much.. as long as u know there is some movements should nt be a problem de=)

alyssa: 10q for updating on the promotion.. will go check out the prices of the wet wipes n such n compare the prices between motherhood fair n kiddy palace's pricing.. haha..

tanny: i m wearing flats to work.. i agreed with bhoo that comfy is most impt now for us..
even clothings i oso didnt really wear office wear liao.. usually is those oversize shirts kind n legging..

joanne: i just saw ur msg, u haven setup ar? hurhur.. er dun need. as long as the camera is on can ler. =) for me my comp i dont off.. so shud be that la. cos what i read was dun need on the comp.

bhoo: hahaha.. i they inhale more air in when they cry right? everytime put inside tub he'll scream like u gg catch him like that. muahhaha.

RE: hospital bag.
i also hvn pack. idk what to pack in the first place!! ROAR!

im on MC tdy. ytd noon at wrk had headache. dinner only at 1/4 plate of rice, went hm bathe, i slp. thn woke 1hr+ ltr feeling nauseous i drank milk n ate a slice of nutella bread went back to slp... midnight woke again to eat panadol. the head kept throbbing. tis morning took mc went co. gp n was given 2days mc to rest well at hm. doc din say anything ask me just make sure bb is kicking, no usual discharges. n REST WELL. thats all.. till nw the head still keep throbbing. =( feeling so bad.

how u ladies today? weather looks good earlier on this morning, nw the sun seems to have peeked out from the clouds.

Anyone here know what is the difference between white discharge and macus plug? This morning i sit on toilet bowl and found out that the toilet bowl alot of discharge like worms. Hmmz wonder is it diacharge or macus plug.

Rykiel: I took urgent leave again due to my throbbing head too and panadol is not working. Really don't know what to do. BB tossing and turning in my tummy non stop until I feel so ill and nauseous.
sad.gif

laura: SAME HERE!!!! i was telling hub last nite i feeling like im in a sampan boat. head so giddy, n the lil one inside like so bz... i hate my head at times.. last time b4 pregnant even worst. i get it 1-3times a week!! now pregnant also will get but not that often, the last i had was quite sometime ago. hais.. i gg to nap in awhile. u rest well ok, tkkare!

hello mummies, are you still taking public transport to work? anyone gave up their seats to you?

i feel like i have not prepare a lot of things yet.. ** panic **

ourlovestory,
i'm still taking public transport to work. luckily for me is i take from one end to another so i usually wait for the next train. But when i change to lrt, sorry to say no one will give up the seat for me. some even rush ahead of me to take the seat.
How about u? u also taking public transport too?

Rykiel, laura,
take care and rest well. i feel my gal moves more during the nite. maybe i'm doing nothing so can feel the movements more bah.

ya, nice weather this morning.. if only can stay at home.

Rykiel & Laura: i oso didnt feel so good today.. n i wanted very badly to take MC but i only left with 3 days MC left.. n i didnt want to tk AL oso.. so i forced myself to come to office espcially since my supervisor not ard..but my manager is ard.. n i dun really like to report to him..

Maternity bag: i havent pack oso.. i told hubby i will prepared a list of things jotted down n say if due to emergency n bag not packed yet at least he know what to pack.. the must bring is our stemcord/cordlife box..haha..

Laura:hmm i usually will slp on the side even before i preg.. but always w/o realising i will slp on my back n my legs will be like cross leg position..lolx.. i duno y oso..

ourlovestory: yes i do still tk public transport to work..
n coz since i tk from pioneer usually i haf seats already..today i was sitting at 1 end.. n saw at the other end got a preg lady standing..n no one wanted to give up their seats plus it was so packed.. i wanted to shout across n ask pple to give up their seat.. but again i m kinda shy.. if she was standing at my side maybe i will offer her mine instead.. coz i few stops only..
as for going home well..my hubby will usually ask me to wait for him n he pick me up..
but if i m heading out to town dan i haf to squeeze.. plus pple dunoe i m preg or i m plus size.. so i guess that is 1 reason y pple dun gimmi their seats..hahahah..

yes yes! i am also taking public transport and i feel sad that i do not even get a seat offered by any kind soul when my tummy is so big already!! when i was oversea for work in my 5th mth, i was even offered a seat by an uncle when he saw that i am pregnant when i entered the train! haiz.. i just feel sad for singapore...

BB: you have such an angel baby...I pray everyday that my baby will be like that...eventhough she moves a lot in my tummy now :p

MummyDee: Ocean accepts NETS as well

alyssa: did TMC send you the hospital guide only after you have paid the deposit for the hospital stay?

Cherish: she delivered at 33wks....but thank God bb is about 1.9kg

M&S bras...I actually like the fit too! Think they are the only ones that are economical and fits me well (other than bandeau bras) due to my size.
Now I have a problem with nursing bras...as I'm only a 32B now. Went through most of the brands and most of the nursing bra starts from 34B. Anyone has recommendations?

Hi all,
Been keeping up with the thread though never posted.

Regarding train rides, I've been quite lucky I guess. Been taking train everyday to and fro and so far only had to stand a few times and even those few times, people did offer, but rather late such that I thanked them and told them I'm alighting soon. Maybe I look unsteady on my feet. :p

rer rer, way too go!!!

tanny, hard for them to check and tell you whether it's natural or c-sect as it depends on a lot of things not just the pelvic structure. and also it's the inside that counts, not from outside view.

marie, not sure if it's due to your fren's story or me being stressed up.
yesterday i in half dream state kinda heard that i'm delivering on 36wk so i better prepare fast fast! now that's 2 weeks away since i'm in 34th wk now... geesh!!!!! i think i better get hospital bag somewhat ready.

Tks everyone. Flip flops like scandals right? But looks nice! Peggie's hv priviledge oh yeah!

Alyssa : supposed to start buying next weekend during the fair or this weekend.. But v lazy.. gosh!

Tonight going to buy stroller and playpan. Yay!

Yet to pack my hospital bag but I intend to pack these:
1) Long sleeves jersey
2) Long draw string trousers
3) Toiletries bag
4) Breast pads
5) Hair dryer
6) A pkt of 40cm Whisper pads
Did I miss out anything?

Heard from my friend that we can rent the breast pump from the hospital so that we can keep pumping our breast milk for our precious one and the nurses can feed him/her rather then having to keep bringing our little prince/princess to us so that we can also have a good rest after a huge "battle".

M&S got sale???! Aiyah! Too bad my head keep throbbing now otherwise I would have gone out with hubby to do last minute shopping. Sigh...

ourlovestory: Going by the traditional way...No Bathing and Washing of hair. Going by my HB's way, bath and dry up quick and everything would be fine.
happy.gif

i m big fan of M & S non wired bra even when not pregnant...
agreed flip flop is very comfy, unfortunately cant wear for work heh

Ourlovesstory. I bath in hospital everyday. Goodness, how not to bath? Stink! Planning to rebond my hair this week, then easier to manage during confinement n look pretty pretty during full month party. Pedicure also haven't done. Must look pretty pretty in hospital mah, many visitors coming....

Ourlovestory, I took mrt to work and nobody has given seat to me. Even the one reserve also nobody will stand up. When they see u, they will sleep. One day, there was a sweet young gal sitting in the centre wanna give me seat and i was so touched. Finally ppl notice that i m pregnant. Anyway when she notice me, i am alighting but at least i feel touch
happy.gif

ourlovestory: according to the parentcraft teacher...need to bath. If not we will transfer the bacteria on our body to the bb when we bf. And also if we don't bath, it will cause infections on our wounds as well...whether natural or c-sect.
But makes perfect sense to blow-dry our hair immediatly after washing...that's what my gf (mother of 2 children) did too.

BB, your hubby ok with you doing rebonding? I want to color hair and got it from him big time. pedicure i dare not ask yet.

joy, you still don't look pregnant!?!?!?

Just now "gay kiang" went to mop the kitchen and in the end I only did half of the kitchen. Now hiding inside bedroom exhausted.

Back