(2012/05) May 2012

Rabbitz: I just drop the day section. Not doing it gradually.
I m not sure abt how full is ur breat as for me the supply is a bit on the low side so I did not have much issue. If I do feel painful lumps I just ask my little boy to help me out by latching.

Littledotty: my boy sleep or nap longer if I'm sleeping with him. I'm still trying to feed him solid. So far I have only tried apple purée , steam sweet potato and rice cereal. He eats 2 solid daily. He doesn't like the apple as the one I fed was a bit sour. I find my son not as chubby as well but the weight did not decrease.

Mummies,
Appreciate all your advice..
Think I will start my boy on rice cereals next week, once he turns 6 mths and hope he gains weight.
Pd check on 29.11 so hope I don't get negative news.
Anyone can share sequence of food intro?
E.g. Rice cereals, pumpkin, potatoes, broccoli, carrot, spinach, sweet potatoes (vege) then apples, pears, prunes, banana (fruits). This will prob be my menu for purees till he gets his teeth.

hi mummies,

i belong to a part-time mother. i only fetch him from my in-law on the weekend.

initially he cry when he get in to car, after months i thnk he get.use to it. i always feel very guilty that i never do my part to accompany him during his grow.

any mummy have the same issue? can advise what i should do?

I realise my boy get anxiety recently too. Last weekend when we go out shopping he was ok until i met my fren who talked to him and he wailed very loud for good 5min. Then when i need to go toilet, my fren help me carry him, he wailed v loud again, i had to dash in and out of toilet. could hear him screaming when i inside toilet. Then go to my sis house he also cry very hard. He used to be ok. I read abt 6month baby starts to recognise people. Actually when baby calms down only after mummy carry, feel quite shiok la, i was worrying he gets too attached to my mum who babysits and after start work, weekdays i interact so little with him.

I was trying to drop my 3pm pump but by evening breasts is too full so have to pump for awhile when reach home. Hoping to drop this pump and just latch my baby when home. She feeds abt 9pm onwards. My last latch in the morning is abt 6+am

Mummies, do u find any difference to the composition of your EBM? Mine looks very diluted. Dunno whether it is becos never pump for 10-12 hrs.

Hi Joyce,

One of my friend also the same. Only bring her son home over the wkend. But she visit baby everyday after work. She will bath for him everyday.

I think as a parent we have the responsibility to take care of our bb as we give birth to them. I understand is very tiring for working mother. And I trust most mummies are working too. I believe if there is a will there is a way.

hi priscilia,

i wish to be like your friend. but can't make it. because
i have a 2.5years old girl staying with me. and have to fetch her from school every evening. somemore my in law and i stay quite far off, one in the east and one in the west.

Actually i am quite worry that my son might not be close to me.

am i very bad? i always felt that i am a irresponsible mother.

FAAA, my guess is because there is more milk (both foremilk and hind milk) left, and coz the clear foremilk comes out first, it will seem that the milk is more diluted, especially if breasts are not totally clear during that pump ...

Hi Mummies,

Long time never post. Hope you all are well. Been very tired as my boy sleeps lesser and refuse to sleep after waking up for milk in the middle of the nite. How many hours are your babies sleeping nw? Do they sleep through or sleep after waking up for milk?

I am also dropping my afternoon pump and eventually stop bf.

Btw, my baby born at 3rd May is already 75cm and weigh nearly close to 10kg. Too straining for my arms so i bought the manduca carrier from overseas and have extra few pcs to let go at $190.

PM me if interested

Groundpepper: I only pump 140ml. Just to make up one bottle of milk. Cannot drain the breasts as my girl needs to latch. Today I drag till 14hrs. Breasts was too engorged to pump even.

FAAA: How's your gal?
No worries, your breast will get used to it after a while.
My milk also pretty dilute, didn't notice the composition change though.
Work has been busy and out since last week and my pump schedule has been affected a lot. Still try to pump twice a day though but sometimes just couldn't make it. And it's such a relieve when I see my gal and latch! My Saviour! hahahaa
Hopefully later when I can get back to the normal schedule things will be fine!

My TRA is almost complete and lost 9kg so far, my weight is lower than #2 pre-pregnancy weight! Happy Happy
happy.gif

Joyce Seah (mumlissa): My bro was like that w their gal, but I think they visit her once during weekday and bring back during weekend. When the gal goes to nursery, they bring her back to stay with them. Now the gal is primary one and is fine.

However, if you feel too guilty, maybe fine some alternate arrangement?
I've a 3yo and my 6 mth old w me, both with the same nanny so I bring them there every morning and back at night. I find my nanny from another forum and also used to find by putting little slips of paper into my neighbour letterbox ;)

mei80: got it from my colleague, its a 3 mth program and yeah it works on me pretty well. If u wanna know more can PM me for more info
happy.gif

My gal is at last not THAT clingy to me! Now that she can sit in the walker for at least more than 10 min... *phew* But her finger nails is really sharp and she loves to pinch anything/anybody around her. Already cutting her nails very often. I got scratches on my breast as well ... haha and especially painful when she pinch my underarm...

Joyce, I'm in a similar situation as you! I stay in west and my mil stays in the east. Weekdays my boy stays with them and have our dinners there, weekend bring home. This is my first child though, and we have no choice and both of us works very far, me in the north and my hubby in west.

Dolly I'm keen to know abt TRA too. Worried after stop bf my appetite still as big then sure go fat!

Anyone has contacts on where to buy cheaper FM? Which brands are yr babies taking? So many brands duno which to get, asked my PD says all the same, jus marketing, tells me most buy the most economical brand-- which is ?

Hi Dolly, my girl is fine. Her sleeping pattern changed, used to sleep abt 9-10pm but now she can last till midnight. Making me very tired. She also know how to push away my breast if she is not in the mood to latch. Haha..

I been bk to work for 1 week and somehow I feel like I put on weight. Hahahaha

mei80: okok.. will check

Rabbitz: Dun worry about the non-existence fat! hahaha, since u know your appetite big, try to reduce gradually so that u won't go fat
happy.gif
This program is not magic, cannot work if you still eat a lot of unhealthy oily stuff!

I used to take 2 breakfasts a day (since my pregnancy day) this program helps to control the craving and now that I stopped, I'll try my best to maintain a healthy lifestyle
happy.gif

For FM, my gal still taking BM, but for my #1, I started with Enfa, then Friso, now my #1 taking Dutch lady.. change so many brands and his poo problem still there. Finally find that he's too heaty and just by taking chrysanthemum tea the problem resolved!

FAAA: Yeah, my gal is sleeping around midnight too... she will starts to "complain" around 10pm, then I latch and latch and latch till she sleeps. And hor, my #1 will be there trying to press her, touch her, disturb her ... huh!

Dolly: My #1 the same, likes to press, pinch touch kiss his sister. And when girl finally sleeps he will shout or talk loudly. :S

Rabbitz: My girl currently supplementing with Nan HA1. But may change after 6 months. For my #1, we started supplementing with Nan Pro1 then after 6 months, I got him on Similac. Tried Enfa before he turned 6 months but cause constipation for him. I suggest getting small tin milk powder to try first

seems like constipation is common in infants. How old can they start taking chrysanthemum tea? Dolly u give with sugar?

For friso i see Kim Sang selling with remark 'packed in Malaysia', is it safe to buy? I know many people say dun buy made in Malaysia.

Now i pump 12 hourly for about 50ml. Hope i can totally stop in a week or so. Its kinda love-hate relationship with BF. So much hard work, sleeplessness, tears and pain. Then now when its time to stop, feels kinda weird not rushing to pump round the clock. Its so much easier to take care of baby without pumping. Much more quality time.

FAAA: Tiring hor! My son wakes me and baby up at the same timr

Rabbitz: I only start to give my #1 at ard 3yo leh...
I felt lost too when #1 suddenly dun wan to latch too... but thats also when he stop waking at night for feed
happy.gif

For swimming, I bought the inflatable tub w neck float, but my #1 really hate the float, so only uses 2 times!

Dolly: the thing abt latching is they tend to wake in the night for comfort. My #1 started sleeping thru the night at 5-6 months. I pump and supplement with FM. He did not latch much.

Now my girl sometimes sleeps thru to abt 7am. I haven't started her on any solids even cereal. But will probably start end of this week. She turns 6 months tmr.. So fast hor.

Rabbitz: I haven't brought my girl for swimming yet. But the neck floats may be too small for them now. I think can just use those floats with a seat. I bought a thermal swimsuit for her on Sunday already. All prepared to join her brother in the pool.
happy.gif

FAAA, when yr #1 started swim, u intro float with seat too? I am quite confused cos some seller indicate for 6mth onwards and some says 2yrs onwards. Then i see the hole where the legs goes into, looks kinda big. Duno our small babies suitable or not. I got a hand-me-down swim suit but dont think is thermal, just full body.

Talking about swimming, my hubby bought this coupon from deals for a swimming (neck float) package with massage, shall let my baby try! but it doesnt look comfy to me at all..ha..

btw faaa, I think maid really cannot make it..she is starting to take advantage, I dont want to tell long story but I decided to take part time load (i'm teaching), forgo my salary and stay home on 2 days to take care of son..the other 3 days, we will prob find a nanny..i see my son so ke lian, think it is time to forgo the career..

Hey mummies my boy loves the water so I signed up the package with baby spa. The neck float looks uncomfortable to me but he's ok with it. Last wk was the 4th time and I took him to the big pool. He was waving and kicking after some warming up, really enjoying himself. Also remembered what the lady taught him and he replicated those moves. Just so cute. I'm also thinking of buying a float and bring him to the pool but just concern if the water will be too cold for him and not sure if he likes to be in the thermal swimsuit.

Speaking of the devil, my gal have not pooed for whole day.... ytd only twice and no poo today yet! Usually at least 4 times

Rabbitz: For my #1, we started at baby spa at 4 months. But only went couple of times cos he did not kick much but I kinda like their massage. When we started him at the pool we used the float with seat. That time he was abt 7 months.

My girl has not tried baby spa. Intend to bring her straight to the pool. She still can't really sit yet but I think will just let her try the float with seat and just hold her.

Littledotty: your maid must have given you alot of problems. My maid is slowly adapting and can see she really likes my girl but she has no patience with my 3yo boy. Luckily my hubby works from home so be keeps an eye on things.

Dolly: sometimes my girl can poo 3-4 times per day but sometimes not at all. Today is the first time she tried cereal and she loves it. I bought bellamy rice cereal. I'm feeding her 1 feed of frozen BM and 2 feeds of FM but my maid say that sometimes she doesn't like the frozen BM and will just drink half

Does oats cause constipation?

My boy recently poop 3-4x daily last time only once every 3 days. But he always gek and poop is quite dry. Not sure what caused this. He's on rice cereal, porridge with pumpkin n carrots n sweet potatoes

FAAA: My gal prefer fresh from the breast, so when nanny put rice cereal inside BM, she dislike it even more!

Rabbitz: My gal din take oats leh... She din poo for 2 days, luckily got poo once today.

On the contrary, my boy kenna stomach and he's pooing 4-5 times per day. Hope that mei mei won get it.

Dolly: Dunno why now my girl doesn't like to latch. She still does but not as much as she used to so milk supply at night also decreasing. She will cry and push my breast away and rather suck her thumb. Hope I don't dry up cos I hope to continue to BF her at night

Hi I'm thinking of getting either an exersaucer or a jumperoo for my boy to play since he likes to stand now at 6mths but undecided on which one. Can you share your experience?

Dolly how many tablespoon of cereal and milk do you give your gal now? And how long apart is her next milk feed?

Phyllis: We bought a jumperoo for my elder son last time. Babies enjoy it. I will be bringing it out for my girl to use in another 1-2 months.

My girl just started on cereal last Friday. Giving her abt 1.5 tablespoon mixed with 60ml milk. I give milk abt 2 hrs later.

Rabbitz: u mean u give Gerber prune juice is it?

Dolly: Do u use breast pads at night? Now I no longer latch or pump in the day. Notice don't leak milk that much so may just stop using breast pads in the day

Hi mummies, anyone give porridge already? If so, how do you prepare that with meat? Do you blend the meat into purée as well and mix with the porridge? Is there a need to blend the porridge too?

Any mummies here who are not on FB keen to join our May Babies Xmas Gathering on 15Dec.
Time: 12-3pm
Veune: Hougang

We have about 30 mummies now..Do join us for this festive season.
Do pm me

Phyllis: Nanny give 3 spoon and only during the afternnon feed

FAAA: Jumperoo should bring out now! haha
I used reusable breastpad at night, use the disposable ones during day time. Cos when my gal latch on one side, the other side might leak.

My gal taking a bit of fish the other day when we were out. And she also enjoys McDonald's apple slice
happy.gif
But just chewing on it though haha

Hey ...
So long i never pop in here.
So many posting liao.
Most of May babies already half year old and starting solid.
Many if you still bfing?

jj_jj yeah, still breastfeeding
happy.gif

I'm a lazy person. Haha
But now that she starts a bit of solid, she dun poo few times a day anymore!

A fren said she was not entitled to annual increment reason being she was on ML and 1mth no pay leave thus deemed as not working most of the time. Her boss cited it is u fair to other colleagues who were working during her absence.

Anyone encountered unfair or discrimination due to maternity?

Dolly: ok. Noted. Bring out jumperoo this weekend! Haha. My gal now taking cereal for afternoon feed and she actually poo few times a day now. Dunno whether its becos of the FM Nan HA. She takes abt 2-3 bottles FM a day.

Don't your breasts leak at night when u latch her? I'm still BFing at night. Hope to keep it up
happy.gif

FAAA: Yeah, especially my left breast more prone to leak. Tonight first night nanny taking my gal cos bro dun wan to sleep there. Flying off Fri night! And not really pack yet... huh

^5 Dolly.
My supply did drop nowadays
sad.gif

My boy dont poo daily. Record 5 days. But still pasty kind poo when finally unloaded. So i no worry too much. Just need to monitor any discomfort & water intake.
My mom say got pee & fart, should be ok.
Night & at home i use cloth breastpad & towel, more economical.
Rabbitz, got like that meh. If pro rated still can accept wor.

My boy has been running a low fever since this morning and he has just started teething. Gave him paracetamol twice today n the fever patch but he's still feverish. What can I do to bring down the fever?

phyllis: my boy had that after his 6mth jab and he was teething too. I put the wet cloth on his forehead coz I felt the patch didnt work..gv him a lot of water so that he will pee and bring the fever down..shd be ok by tomorrow..

Dolly: U bringing your kids for holiday? The last time I brought my kids for staycation at sentosa I bathe her in the sink. Now she much bigger dunno how to bath her when we go holiday and she can't stand yet.

Your girl won't look for u? By 10-11pm, my girl still cry looking for me if she don't see me. Kinda comforted in a way too cos spending so little time with her now since working

Back