(2012/05) May 2012

Littledotty; I have been very tired too. Very stressed in fact cos new helper is another hopeless case. Going bk to work next week after being away for 1 month. Have to look after baby, teach the new helper plus the thought of going bk to work. Health haven't been so good too. Always having the flu and cough.

Milk supply is affected cos now I only pump once a day. Thinking of dropping pump and feed FM in the day once baby starts solids. Only continue to latch on at night cos I like the bonding.

May i know when u cook porridge, what kind of 'base' do u use? eg soyabeans or chicken etc? I'm clueless on how to prepare their porridge, thinking maybe jus porridge with carrots or pumpkin? I read somethere that a mummy grind ikan bilis powder to add to the porridge but i'm thinking infant cant take salt, duno ikan bilis (its preserved right? can or not.

rabbitz: just white rice..i put carrots, pumpkin, pork and fish, and dried scallops..and I add it this powder which I grind from the medical hall (with brown rice, si shen and pao shen)..no need to add anything else, the porridge will taste very nice!
happy.gif

faaa: the new helper is no good as well? are you considering infant care?

FAAA: yeah, dun be stressed by the thot of pumping if that's bothering u a lot! Night time u baby will latch n latch till u fall asleep!

Just found another magic of bm. Happen to give some bm to a mummy who was asking for bm to cure her kid eye discharge problem. She told me that it works! Amazing right?

I been reading mummies feeding Si Shen brown rice, actually what are the benefits of Si Shen? My PD says brown rice not suitable for baby as it blocks absorbption of Iron, when bb older then give.

Do u let baby try carrot/pumpkin etc plain to test for allergy first before mixing them altogether into porridge?

Brought my gal for the ultrasound yesterday. Her kidneys are fine but accordingly to the pd (I saw him today) he said they only allow 1 episode of such incident to happen cos my gal's fever only lasted 1 day donor a case of UTI. If it happens again they will have to check for reflux of her uterus/anus. Sound so complicated

Dolly: it's just a normal ultrasound. No liquid pumped into her. But they will recommend this procedure to check for reflux if such incident reoccur again. Very complicated

FAAA: hope yr baby recover soon, its so heart pain to know how much a baby has to go thru with all the discomfort n tests.

faaa: I hope your baby is well and healthy too.. take really good care k..

phyllis: Last time when I started my boy on this, I gave him 2 tablespoons, mixed with about 2-3oz of milk..depending on the consistency you want..

Thanks dolly shall try a thicker consistency tmr.

Hi Faaa, so sorry to hear what your baby gal is going through. You and family must be so worried. Maybe have more frequent diapers change and change to Merries brand to prevent the UTI from recurring. It's very soft and even after a few hours the diaper remains dry when you feel the soiled diaper. Perhaps to bath your gal twice a day? Guess doc wants to play safe to run the test to ascertain the root cause.

Hi FAAA, do you wash your little one bottom with running water for each diapers change? I wash my gal bottom for each diapers under the running water, I realized it's more hygene and more clean compare with wipe with wet tissue. Hope this will help to prevent recurring.

All along we bathe her twice a day. She poo quite often so we wash her. If she dun poo I will change her diaper abt 4hrs unless night time which could be an interval of 6-8hrs when she wakes up.

At the moment pd suggest we just monitor and keep our fingers crossed that similar episode do not occur

I'm going bk to work on Thursday. Decided to drop pumping totally. Currently pumping once a day. Stopping today. Any idea how long does it take to condition our body to only produce milk at night? Intend to continue latching from night till next morning.

FAAA: Think just need a day or 2 for our body to know abt the new routine. Enjoy the bonding at night!

My gal can flip finally! At 6.5 mth, and now she keep flipping while on bed

Dolly: My gal's intake is so little that its not worth the time to pump. I still have frozen milk which we are feeding her in the day now. New she has started to bite me while latching. How to stop her from biting?

My baby start flipping @ around 5 m plus. He's 6 m now. He had rolled down from the bed 2 times. I under estimated his ability to flip and left him on bed without putting pillow as barrier. He flipped around 2 times and fell I guess. The lucky thing is that my bed is low on a small platform.

My boy just had 2 teeth pop and now he salivates a lot. He has lot or rough and red rashes on his neck. Any mum encountered such thing and know any remedy to this? SIc pls.

groundpepper: oh no! you put pillows from now on ok..my boy can hold to the side of his cot and try to pull himself up now, I told my helper never to leave him alone in the cot when we are not around..

He is also having rashes on his cheeks, two more teeth popping out, I put Ezerra cream on them twice a day..you can try to wipe his saliva every time he salivate but dun wipe too hard or the skin can peel..

My boy flipped at 13weeks and now learning to crawl but he got into position with bum tilted up, cannot move, then cry.

I also slowly dropping pump, plan to do early morning and night only. My boy bottom 2 front teeth appearing, i can feel it when he bites my fingers. He doesnt want to latch now so i hv to pump.

My mum says eat pig liver will stop milk flow. I intro FM last week after GP says my baby drop to 10%tile i very worried, so i give FM which is more 'fatty'. Also demoralized to pump. After 6 months, commitment done, its very tiring.

Rabbitz: My CL told me pig liver and chives will stop milk flow. I also stop pumping in the day. My gal now 5.5 months and doesn't drink much. So now I give frozen BM and FM in the day.

Ground pepper: Putting some baby oil and moisturiser on the neck helps to reduce the rash. She also have small pimples on her face cos she likes to put her thumb and fingers into her mouth and play with her saliva

I still continue taking lecitin while i'm extending the hours in btw pumping. Now i pump morning, noon, b4 zz. Gradually i will pump once and slowly drop.

Now ave i yield 120ml after 7-8hours, before that is 4hourly. Drop very fast, after 2 consequtive days i drag, supply drop and regulated. I also read not to empty breast so we will not produce that much.

I wonder, when we gradually stop BF, what happens to the remaining little bit balance of milk inside the breast which we do not pump out? Will not get engorgement right?

anyone knows where to buy pretend toy veg/fruits ie those with velcrose at center and the child cuts it with toy knife? Or u know whats this type of toys called? I ever browsed a seller at this forum selling but cant trace back and duno what key words to search.

Thx all for the solutions. Will try.
Faaa: my son too play with one hand in his mouth and its messing his complexion up.
I bought CB eczema cream but dare not use on his face cos I afraid he will evevtually ate them. He love rubbing his face and eyes.

My supply too dropping. I only pump at night. And my son is on formula and my very limited supply. So far I only give him one time rice cereal a day. Yet to try other food. He dosent know how to chew yet. Just sallow everything I give.

Rabbitz: today is the 3rd day I stop pumping. Breasts still feel full mid day but decided to endure the discomfort. I'm still experimenting if I have milk from night till next morning (9pm-9am) cos I latch my gal on demand during this time. Dolly said our body will know what hours to produce milk so slowly we will not feel engorgement outside of this hours

I pump at 8pm today after a 10hr interval. Yield 140ml in 3.5mins. Didn't empty the breasts becos going to latch baby laters

Btw when I had #1 I still had little bit of milk half a year after I stop BF. so have to wait till totally dry up and that will take months to 1 year

FAAA: If she bite, slap her mouth when she does it again! And tell her not to bite
I'm waiting / all ready to do that.. but so far she hv not bite me yet

Yeah, our body will adjust slowly, I used to just latch at night and dun pump at all for #1, maybe after 1 year?

Anyway, here's how I stopped pumping for #1, at 21month, my hubby and I went for a 2 weeks holiday trip. I brought along my pump.
First night, pump 100ml. 2nd night onwards, less then 10 ml, this supply maintains/drop very slowly (not noticeable lah) till the time we are back. My boy come back, see me happy happy, latch on for 3 seconds and decide not to latch anymore.... so sad! hahaha

Dolly: Back at work today. A lot of things to catch up. I think I cannot tahan 12hrs no pump. I need to pump when I reach home which is abt 6:45pm. That is abt 10hrs interval.

Do you think I shd empty the breasts or just release the fullness cos I usually latch my girl from 9pm onwards and afraid there may not be enough milk for her

Hi mummies,
Can check roughly how is your baby's growth rate?
My boy is still 6.8kg and I am worried he has delayed growth.
He was born on 28/5 at 2.8kg.
Active but drinking v little bm and sleeping v little too.
Previous PD check at 4mths puts him at the 25% for boys.
So sad/worried to see him still wearing 0-3mths sized rompers.
Really really appreciate any advice/sharing of info.
Thanks so much!

Hi Marilyn
My boy is abt 8kg now borned on 20 May at 3.2kg. Maybe cos of genes, bb tends to follow if smaller or bigger size? Still drinks abt 120ml each feed now...nap wise better since we put him in yaolan.. at night after fell asleep in yaolan, we put him on "dilam"...

Marilyn,
My boy birth wt 2.8kg too and last week he is only 6.3kg drop to 10%tile for boys and i am also v worried. He is very very active and drinks little since bitrh, now each feed 3 hourly only 100ml. PD says give 2 feeds solids but he doesnt like either. Pulling my hair. Yea he also wearing 3mth rompers
sad.gif

PD says since i am small skinny size so maybe bb also follow my genes. But bb development normal.

I've a fren also had a small-size baby like mine, but her toddler now is chubby chubby after start on solids for a while. So i tell myself be patient.

Marilyn,
I think different baby boy growth differently.
Now you facing and worry about ur boy growth as he is too small size and weight is light.

I share with u what i going through also. My huband & I born are average body build but skinny.
My boy was born on 02/6 at weight 3.2kg (average).
Now he is 5 months old at 8kg is chubby. We have not yet start any solid foods for him cos he too young as the best period is 6mths above. Now he drink 180ml per feed for 3hrs - 4hrs (he should drink more). But we refused to increase as we worry is we increase weight his weight suddenly gain/increase. I sometime worry that he is too fat. My boy is also very active. My friends around me keep telling me that don't worry. He will lose weight when he grow up.

whenever i bring him to PD for injection and friends ask me how is his growth and is his weight average, i always say i dont know cause i refused to look at the chart. What if i know that he is over weight, will i cut his milk intake! The answer is NO. As i want my boy to drink as must as he want. Cause i know once they start solid foods they might not want to drink any milk. And milk still is the best intake for their body.

So dont worry too much.

My boy is 5 months but he can't even fit into a romper which indicate 6mths. He got to wear romper or any clothes stated 9mths onward.

When ur baby like mine than you will start to worried, will he too FAT.

Marilyn: My girl born on 28 May weighing 2.8kg also. Last week she weighed 7.5kg and 66cm. She's wearing 6-12 months clothing. Not drinking much also. Maybe 80-120ml per 3hr depending on her mood. Sleeping little in the day but night time ok.

Shirley: my #1 boy was a big baby too. Like yours. No worries abt being too fat. Cos once they crawl, walk they will lose the baby fats. He's 3 now weighing 16kg. Good build too

FAAA: Thanks. Alot of ppl also told me that once he start to crawl, walk or run he actually will lose weight. I hope too ^^

seems like my girl is the smallest here, birth weight 2.4kg, currently 5.8kg at 5.5mths.

was very worried about her not taking much milk, she didn't put on any weight from 3.5-5months until we started giving her one formula feed a day. Was quite disappointed that we can't TBF, especially since I have enough supply.

Hopefully her weight will improve once we start on solids next week!

Yumii,
I also TBF till my baby 6months and started him on half FM diet hoping he will gain some weight since FM more 'fatty'. He now drinks only 2 feeds BM, then the rest FM. My excess of BM all have to give away. I spent so much effort pumping till 3 freeezers full but my baby took none. All donated to another baby where the mum didnt had enough supply.

My son was 8.2 Kg when he was 5 months. All the while he's been drinking 120-150. Only sometimes he asks for more. He's on formula and average 2 feeds of Bm. He was 70 cm at 5m. Pd commented that he's tall for his age then. But now he's 6 months 1 weeks and has not gained a cm.

FAAA: yeah just pump for few min at 645 pm so that ur gal got enough to drink.
Working outside since early afternoon! Rushing to meet my gal for a "relief"!

My #1 was 95% at 6 mth, weighing 10kg. But then once he starts to walk, he maintain at 10kg for the whole of next year. Now he's 3+ and weigh 13kg only!! So dun worry too much lah
happy.gif

My gal is 7.5kg at 6 mth. Try to feed solid for the past month n still only eat one spoon only. So might be good to start early to at least let them try!

My boy was 3.2 when he was out, @ 3mths he was 8kg.. but after that his milk intake decreased, fr 3mth to 5mth he only put on less than 1 kg,was very worried so started on solids at 5 mth. now at 6 mth he is 8.9kg.. weight increase a bit faster le. He is taking 2 solid meals a day.

My son prefer cereal than milk. I think he just love the idea of eating with spoon. He never drinks water from bottle but if I feed him spoon by spoon he will just take it.

Can i get advise:
i'm pumping 3x daily now -- wake up, 3pm and before bed. I want to drop the noon session, do u think i should gradually stretch one hour everyday or is it safe to just drop it since my breast not very full at that time. I worry abt engorgement.

my boy is 2.4kg at birth too..low birth weight for boys. Now at 6mths 3 weeks, he is 8.5kg and he eats porridge 3 times a day. His face actually shrunk, weight increase due to height maybe.. and he doesnt sleep alot in the day too. at most 3 times n each time max 35mins..as long as he is healthy, i think weight doesnt matter alot unless really skinny..he drinks abt 120ml every 3 hrs too. and he also eats plain bread n Gerbers Graduates too..loves them..

anyone having your babies very clinging now? every Monday, he gets fussy with my helper at home coz wekends i am at home n bring him out to play..then on monday n tues, he gets cranky and once I am out of sight, he makes noise..everyday when I leave home at 6am, he is wide awake, on weekend, he will sleep til abt 7.30am with me..

Back