(2012/05) May 2012

Rabbitz: yeah, I take normal fish oil 2000mg kind. Bu most of time forget to take.
My baby weighed 6.2 kg, 62 cm tall at 4 mth old, pd din say much though. Her intake is very irregular, sometimes whole day only take less than 300ml from 8 to 8 at nanny place. And some more need to separate into 50ml per feed

Hi dolly my gal also 6.2kg and 62cm at 3 months. I guess their growth kinda slow down.

What brand of fish oil is recommended? I'm still taking DHA from gynae. Btw mummies, are you still taking calcium supplements? Is it necessary?

My girl only 5kg n 59cm at 14 weeks and PD says she's growing well. She's the small n petite type. From the time she was in my tummy, her weight has always been right on the mid-point when looking at the graph.

I take calcium supplements before pregnant and now still taking. Think it's gd to take to prevent osteoporosis, for ourselves.

My girl is having a nursing strike! She refused to nurse for these past 2 days! Only want to take the bottle. Sigh. I express all the time but still latch her on once every one or two days. But these 2 days she'll cry n scream when I bring her to the breast. So sad. Hope it's juz temporary. I surfed the internet and experts/other mommies with similar experience recommend increasing skin-to-skin with my baby and try to nurse when she's sleeping. I shall try and hope she stops her strike soon.

Did any of you experience the same before?

FAAA: your baby 3mth but mine 4mth liao, same wt same height!
Huiyuin: try to latch more often n give less bottle? If baby hungry then won't be so choosy! Mine is the other way, keep latching when I ard but drink little when bottle feed
I always forget the fish oil n now the calcium! I'm still having the same bottle of calcium since pregnancy! I shall put them in my pill box together w the pills from my wt mgmt prg

Dolly, my girl also don't like the bottle. These few days I give 120ml as usual but she will only take 80-100ml most times. Rest throw away. Such a waste!! Throwing away the liquid gold!! But she never reject the breast. :S

Marilyn was asking where we can get cheaper disposable pads. Anyone has any idea? I bought my Pigeon ones at the Taka fair which was much cheaper than retail

Which brand of pacifier is yr baby taking? I gave my boy the Philip one but he didn't like. Is there a particular brand or type which is more 'popular' for babies? I'm thinking of trying NUK since the shape is somewhat like nipple ie slanted and yes I realise after prolong latch my nipples did get slanted! My baby always want to comfort suck to sleep and I hope to train him to use pacifier to soothe himself.

I bot my omega 3 from Iherb brand is NOW
Usd20+ for 500 pills!

My wrist still hurts and feels weak since my last visit to the second sinseh,, even though I've already tried to avoid straining it. The pain is however manageable, as compared to how it was after the first sinseh. And I think the second sinseh had loosen my joints such that it doesn't hurt so bad if I avoid straining my wrist at certain angle. The exercises he taught me are useful too, the pain actually reduces each time I do them. When I rotate my wrist and arms, I could also hear clicks. Therefore I would conclude that the second sinseh's treatment is more effective for me, though can't expect immediate results.

This aside, has any mummies experience recurring eyelid infection? I keep getting it since after delivery, wonder is it due to me rubbing my eyes after changing my boy's diapers. I do wash my hands with soap diligently though.

Thanks FAAA! Glad that I've heeded your advice to see a Chinese physician. Less invasive and no need to take medication. Ruhee, you probably should seek treatment early before it worsens and would need longer recovery time.

Esteelin: My eyes also itchy for like 2 mths? I see doctor, tried antibiotic eye drop for a week still no use. And doctor said could be sensitive so prescribed me w some medicine to lower my sensitivity. Also ask me not to use eye bath cos it irritates more. And I uses natural eye drop instead. But still a bit itchy loh. Tried not to rub too much. Last week I started the wt mgmt prg n I dunno why it dun itch anymore. Not sure if it related to my eating style change or the supplement I took

Esteelin, I have this eyelid infection couple of times after delivery too. My eyelid will get swollen for a few days. Normally it goes away after a couple of days.

Wrist pain
I have wrist pain too. Which sinseh did you go to? I would like to visit him too. I can't really carry my baby with left hand now.

Esteelin,

Thks for the advice. Will seek treatment this week. I can feel the pain even when I turn my wrist.My left hand is more painful as I hv to stand n carry my baby to feed him due to his reflux, else he will not drink.

Rabbitz: mine is csec but for urine leakage, u might wanna do kegel exercise to help strengthen the muscle. While urinating, stop the flow completely for a few times. It's hard at first but slowly can get the hang of it
Yoga also got pose to help strengthen the muscle, u can try pelvic tilt, ly on ur back, legs on the floor w knees bend. Heel touches buttock, then breath in and lift up ur buttock, hold there for a while, u can squeeze your pee muscle for some extra workout. Normal breathing. Then breath out while u lower down ur buttock. Try this for a few times a day, it should help to improve

Hi rabbitz,

I just started to give my son pacifier last wk. I brought NUK for him.. He is ok with it. But after sucking, it left a mark around the mouth, so funny and cute. Haha.. Maybe my boy too chubby. I like the teat, but not the shape of it..

Amazing to know that I'm not the only one with recurring eye infection! Same here, my eye lid will swell and itch and it comes and goes every few days. Wonder if it is pregnancy related, can't find any info online though.

Here's the contact for the chinese physician:
Kang Liang Chinese Physician
Address : Blk 253 Jurong East St 24 #01-255 Singapore 600253
Telephone : 6562 6295

Rabbitz, sometimes i experienced some urine leakage when I cough. It shd go away in a few months but u also have to do some Kegel exercises as suggested by Dolly. Other problems I encountered are hair loss, blurry vision.

Mummies, how many wet diapers does your babies have per 24hrs? I change my bany's diapers 4-5 times per day but sometimes it's practically dry and she doesn't poop everyday though she is 90% on BM. I feed her only 1 feed of FM per day or none at all. She can go up to 3 days without a bowel movement

sometimes, i also experience urine leakage when coughing. i also have hair loss. wonder when this will end? i notice too that i seem can't control my poo or is it because of my hemorrhoid?

Thanks Esteelin. I will probably go this weekend.

FAAA, my boy on total BM and he can poop after a few days of storage, can even be up to 5 days. And when he poop, he will let go alot and sometimes twice a day. My pd said is normal so long texture like peanut butter. If is hard, then will need to see pd. however, my boy pee alot. Is very heavy whenever I change his diaper, like 4 times a day.

My boy on TBM poops once every 2-3 days. Wet diaper about 4 daily. Any recommendation for cheap n good day use diapers? I tried Drypers n first choice, find them very thick. I once had a pet pet sample it seem ok but baby poop after a while so can't assess it's leakage. I saw NTUC actually sells Fiti, quite cheap, any feedback?

Good to hear that my baby is not the only one that doesn't poop everyday. Regarding diapers, I only use Mamypoko and will stock a few pkts if NTUC is having promotions

Are your babies still on size S? My baby on Huggies Size S, she poo like 3 to 6 times daily and sometimes it leaks!

Dolly I was using Huggies for the first 2 months as I find that the quality has improved but it is still thicker than Mamypoko. And I noticed that the cutting for Huggies is smaller too. My gal is a size M now.

Btw that is a lot of poo!! :<

My #1 had a sensitive bum and always suffered from diaper rash which took long time to heal. After we switched him to Mamypoko it got better and we have been using this brand eversince.

I tried a few different brands sample which came with the hospital bag but none seems better

Faaa, I change my boy's diaper 6-7 times a day as he had slight redness on his penis recently. Now I'll powder his butt, testicles and penis during every diaper change. It healed within 3 days. Intend to keep to this changing schedule regardless if it's not full a not.

Regarding poo, I'll make my boy poo every other day. It's amazing just make the poo poo sound for 5-15 mins and he'll poo. I find that this is much better as he can drink better and doesn't regurgitate milk so often. On the other hand if he doesn't poo by the 3rd day then his stomach will be slightly hard and he'll be cranky.

Dolly, I've been using Huggies size m since he was 2 mths. Just bought 2 packs of mamypoko to try. Heard that it's better than Huggies. Much more absorbant and yet surface remains dry. Shall try and see.

Phyllis, have u tried using diaper cream for the redness? It works fairly well too. For daily use, I use Pureen if diaper rash I will use Desitin.

Mamypoko is good. I can go 6 hours without diaper change in the night and it doesn't leak even if my girl has watery stools

Are you still wearing booties for your babies? I stop putting it on for my girl today and she seems much more comfortable but I put it on again in the night scared she will be cold

I think Mamypoko is the best but for me, I actually buy whatever is on sale at NTUC,haa..bought Dryers lately, saw Fifi is on a very good sale too..I still find Mamypoko the best! So if there is sale, can buy and keep...

faaa: My boy no longer wear his mittens n booties for a long time already but he wears them both at night..coz he has this really back habit of scatching his ears and face when he sleeps..

Lately he has this rash on his cheeks and his right ear is red and peeling..coz his tooth is coming out, some say they will scratch and pull at their ears..
my maid is finally coming on Friday!

Dotty - NTUC is having sale on Mamypoo this week.

I removed baby's mittens abt a month ago even at night she doesn't wear so sometimes we can catch her sucking her fingers or thumb. I just removed booties today to see if she is comfortable.

A word of advice.. Set the rules once your maid steps into the house. Some maids act too smart for their own good so we have to remind them whose the boss from time to time. Good luck!!

Faaa I dare not use diaper cream on his penis. Actually so far I've only used during the first month and now no longer use. I use baby lotion and powder instead. I find that powder works well for my boy. Those michellin folds I apply powder as well else they will be red. Only when it's red on the anus then I use avent magic cream. I've desitin (pink tube) which I hardly touch.

Looks like mamypoko is still the hot favorite.

I downloaded the NTUC app on my phone and I check if baby items on sale especially diapers, milk powder. If on sale I normally stock up. Quite a few brand of diapers on sale this week can check it out

Dolly do keep us posted on your weight management program if it works. Good Luck!
happy.gif

rabbitz, wish my freezer full of milk bags too. daughter drinks only 60 to 80ml per feed but loves to latch so not much chance to pump and keep. now i back at work and ss already down. tried fenugreek and mother's milk tea but don't think it works. motilum the answer or start supplementing with formula?

Mummies, my DD is 3.5mths and started to flip. Is it now safe for her to sleep on her chest or there is still a risk of SID? Didn't get much sleep now cos she keeps flipping during her sleep and I've gotta turn her over on her back everytime....

I'm using mamypoko M size for my boy, no nappy rash. He used to get rash with when using huggies. Merries is good too, but the design is like underwear where you have to pull it up which I find abit difficult to wear, confirm no leakage though.

I bought a freezer last month and It is almost full now as my boy was drinking less. Now that he's intake has increased, I maintain the stock by taking a packet out each day and replace with a fresh pack.

I'm having thrush in one nipple again...
sad.gif

Zp: so fast flip la! Better dun sleep on the tummy unless u are around though

Sardonyx: bp is bulk purchase, usually need Moq to meet n the price already includes shipping though postage might not
Spree is usually from overseas site, they dun earn a profit, u have to share the shipping charges when the goods arrived. So price might not be fixed

FAAA: I found another TRA user in office, she's in for more than one mth n really lose fat. So now I can share tips n encourage each other ;)
Somehow by fate we got a free weighing machine w fat analyzer from the new insurance policy we bought for our baby. And its almost the same machine which were used to measure my visceral fat before the program. I hv not tried to measure again though because it's still too early

Thanks Dolly! So which comes out cheaper, bp or sprees? I notice that bp also comes from overseas site?

My boy learned to turn over a day before he turned one month old. Now at four months, he's on the crawling stage already though he's not moving yet ;D

Dolly keep it up!! So now u have to follow strict diet with supplements? Was your BM affected?

My girl latches on to sleep these couple of nights and she's on a new cycle during the night which I have not been able to catch the timings accurately. But hoping its working it's way to sleeping thru the night.

Btw your gal shd be on a size M by now. U overstock on size S?

Esteelin - what type of freezer did u buy?

My ss is getting lesser now. Usually my first pump in the morning is 120ml (baby latches on abt 8). Now I get between 80-100ml only. I will pump again abt 6 hrs later and get only abt 150ml

My freezer Singapore brand europace. So far so good, standing type and there's 4 shelves. Bought it at $428. My milk ss seems to be decreasing a little too. Need to pump quite long to maintain, but my nipple is getting sore so maybe will just reduce the pumping duration and see how, cos anyway cannot pump so long when start work.

I guess most of us are going bk to work soon. I just feed whatever I can and supplement with formula when necessary. Time flies baby is 3 months now and so much fun!! Constantly laughing and smiling
happy.gif

Mummies, what are your babies' sleeping patterns like? What time do they go to bed and how many times naps do they take? My girl don't sleep much in the day. Sometimes less than 15mins

My baby flipped at week 14. Now he try to kick his legs after flip like want to crawl but can't move. But prob is he doesn't know how turn back after he flip so always scream or lay face flat.

My ss also drop cos I extended my pumping sessions from prev 3hrly to now 4-5hrly. Anyway I latch baby and he doesnt touch the frozen milk, I'm jus storing for 3mth for rainy days or any emergency since also make no sense to throw, might as well keep. Since baby going to wean in 2mths, our ss naturally drop from 4-6mth as told by LC this is body natural process. Now that I dont pump so frequent, my breast pains are more manageable and no need bring pump out if go out for a while. Last time die die by 3.5hrs hv to pump else will engorge, go out also so stressed.

To increase ss, jus eat one fillet if fish everyday.

Seem many use poko...

I only feed my boy 1fm per day..and he only poo 2-3day once.. Is normal according to pd.

My boy still nap quite abit in the day. 3 to 4 naps per day and nap abt 30min to max 2hrs.
At night, I will put him to bed abt 9-930pm. He will sleep till about 5pm. I will feed him then he will sleep till 8am. Then he will start to talk to himself when he is awake.

Rabbitz most babies can only flip and get stuck there. It will be awhile before they flip bk. some babies also starts crawling backwards like my older child

I eat fish but also not much difference. Took 4 pkts of sacred tea also not much improvements

My son poo every 2-3 days. And the out put is quite huge. But he poo 2 times today and it's greenish n watery.

Wow nice so many babies know how to turn n even wanna crawl. My boy can't even support his head fully yet. He's trying to flip his body and his head will remain so sometimes I left him in the bed and would see him turning 180degree. His neck is on the weak side I suppose. He's turing 4 months in 3 days.

Back