(2012/05) May 2012

We as mother really so 伟大..have to endure the birth and the breast pain.. Haiz

Dolly,
I currently so pump 100ml max is 120ml..when yr b last admit to hospital? U mean u PrOvide breast milk to hospital when yr bb admit?

Thanks Amy for clarifying. Then I pumped around the same amount too. No worries, when our baby gets older, our breast will produce more
happy.gif
I pumped 2x100ml every time for #1 then.

kitty, I took a two bedded room to be together w my gal then. So I can always go and check her out and feed whenever she needs. There's such "package" at Mt A.

Yingz n Wu py > I'm using kodomo wipes which my sil bought for me during the Watsons sale. She bought a carton. The quality is pretty good it's quite thick.

For nipples soreness you can try using a nipple shield after expressing. I normally apply nipple cream then put on the shields after expressing to air the breasts. So far so good. I feel nipples are more sore and sensitive to touch after expressing.

Kitty > I envy your supply I'm still at the 50-60ml mark (combine) even though I express every 3hrs. Not sure if its because I'm not a big eater. Confinement nanny says I eat very little. Such coincidence that our bbs share the same birthday!

juski, good to hear that, thought if you still have pain then should take more bird nest.
i wonder with EBM how do you feed baby? thru bottle? i so far only feed my girl water with spoon. she reject teat. but EBM feed with spoon will be very troublesome leh, so i give up pumping totally.

i will have let down every hour after feeding, but i just let the milk leak, wasted all. so when i feed my girl again after 3 to 4 hrs, my breast is hard.luckily my supply still enough without pumping.

Oh so the feedback for kodomo wipes are nt bad.. Will try if Watson Hv sales...

Phyllis,which hsp u stay? Dun envy my supply..mine was not that much too Only once per feed..I dun eat much too..my CL also say im eat too Little other lady eat alot..I try to eat more fish, soup and less rice..papaya soup n black bean soup can boost milk u can try that.. And muz take more liquid before u breast feed..

kelly, i feed thru bottle..
u latch ur bb for how long that u knw she full? aft latching she fall asleep or stay awake?

mine latch always wake up when put him down.. keep latching but actually he only wana suck to sleep, so not sure if he full..
and i tried aft latching feed him ebm, he still can finish 80ml... sometime go lalaland straight, sometimes still stay awake -.-''

Thanks gals! Time flies..

Priscilla, you mean ur breast touch water also pain? Is it got wound? I mean small tear of skin?

Today I finally went shopping..so happy after coping at home for more than a month..

Just now went dinner then realize dumpling festival is here again!! My favorite food.. But can we eat? I'm pass one month already.

Never in my life have I been allergy to food..but after dinner, I'm having rashes on elbow arm area, tigh & below knee area..so itchy.. I hope this is only due to post preg.. I don't even know what I ate to cause this..
How long it take to subside?

juski, my girl latch on total 45mins - 1 hours then can sleep for 4 hours.

but like just now, skip 1 nap due to visitors, the feeding total took me nearly 2 hours, she slept immediately after feeding at 10:30pm. and still sleeping now, i am pretty sure that feeding can last at least 5 hours sleep. so expect her to wake up at 3:30 later, i got nothing to do besides surfing net now, cuz i got slept 3 hours, and that is enough for me now.

she normally close her eye while sucking, but she is awake, so suck non stop. i will put her down if i felt she is too sleepy to eat. then she can wake up cuz she is not full. so i know if fast the feeding is about 45 mins, but if she had 5 hours sleep before feeding, she can eat for 2 hours, until she 'smile', it is a sign to show that she is full. if no smile, most of the time she is not full, looks like sleeping liao but once put down she will search for nipple again.

she is the type that she will eat till fall asleep on her own de, so unless she is full, if not she will be awake and keep searching for nipple de. that is why i need to read the sign to tell if she is full. very simple if i interpret wrongly, the most carry her up to suck for few more mins, she fall back to sound sleep again the put her down loh.

think you can try to leave him there if he is latching on for the sake of playing with the nipple in the morning, i use that method to keep my girl awake 2 times now in the day. just feed her 80% full so she won't be able to sleep. like that can skip 1 or 2 nap so she can differeciate day and night, but at night i make sure to feed her for longer time till she is 100% full before i put her down. i felt your boy is very similar pattern as my girl. my no.1 was also like that last time. but her sign of showing full is very obvious, once her toes stretched out and looked relaxed, means she is full. so i guess you just need a bit more time to observe and understand some body lauguage of your boy, then will be even easier to take care of him.

will your boy prefer bottle later on? i did not use that cuz i scared later my girl prefer the teat and lazy to suck, like that my milk supply sure drop.

Hi kitty I stayed at TMC. Yes I drink a bottle of warm water before and during breastfeed about 500-745ml and also longan red date tea in the day.I drink soup daily too as I've a confinement lady who cooks for me. But supply is quite consistent about 50ml combine per 15mins pump.

My bb is 3 weeks plus old and he takes 110ml per feed, but the interval is between 2-2.5 hrs for 9x a day (7x EBM and 2X FM) and he can finish everything, which means total abt 900 plus ml close to 1L a day. I tot the interval shld be 3 hrs and total not more than 960ml per day... Just wondering cld it be tt my ebm is diluted? Any mummies also feeding the same amt or more?

Kelly, latch 2hrs and can rest for 5hrs not bad! No wonder u hv enuff rest

Ya mayb I haven't catch his fullest pattern but once he slept he will loosen the nipple but aft I pull away not long he back finding it again -.-"

At night latch him the easier, he latch 1 side abt 30mins than sleep 1 to 2 hrs.. Till morn 9-10am.

hi Juski, our babies are having exactly same pattern. i asked PD if it alright to latch for 2 hours, she said fine as long as your baby likes it. so i go according to her need loh. seems she needs 2 hrs to get full.

last night feed from 3:30 to 4:17, 45 mins only, she is not full but still fall back to sleep, so now going to wake soon liao. can hear she is sucking. so 45 mins feeding can only last 3 hours sleep.

i pump only after 45 mins feeding cuz i know she did not empty my breast, but only can pump out 20ml in total. kind of lost my interest in pumping.

Phyllis,

Mine at MT A..tot we are at the same hsp..Keke
So u only pump for 15 mins in total? U using a dual or single pump? Do u latch yr bb? I'm Exclusive pumping out the milk and bottle feed...can rest more..

There's so much posting and after reading, I forgot what I wanted to say...

Full month voucher - I bought mine from The Royals. Cakes are very nice. it's a $10 voucher and they give you an envelop for baby girl or boy. Downside - there's only 6 branches unlike bengawan which u can find almost every where.

Kelly, I only pump when I knw he in deep sleep... N every time I pump I yeild 30ml...

Haha same pattern... So I must let him latch more!

Juski, can add me on fb, my email is [email protected]. I Feel wasting time to pump that 20 ml, so let it leak out itself loh, now only concern is growth spurt, no confidence if still got enough milk to maintain her routine. You older one boy or girl?

Kelly just added u

Even 10ml I also store.. Lol! Coz this will b the extra milk for him for next time!

Bigger wan is jiejie

I feel so smelly with all the let down n sweat!! Haha

mommies, if baby cries and you have chores to do, do you drop everything and pick up the baby everytime? i would be so unproductive if i have to pick up baby everytime he cries. on the other hand, my heart breaks when i hear the cries and i can't attend to him yet.

do you machine wash or handwash baby's clothes? how often? like everyday?

yingzz, pls add me: [email protected]

Chai, Let down feeling is a bit stingy feeling? Can see milk flow out..

Sardonyx, depends on the sound of cry..if a few sounds, I will finish my stuffs, if big cry means either hungry, wet diaper or colic.. So got to attend to my bb

Kitty > I'm using medela dual pump in style advance. Yes I pump for 15mins every 3-4hrs usually total supply is 50-65ml.

I latch bb 3 times a day, he's on ebm n fm. Drinking 90ml now just increased yesterday. How much is yr bb drinking now?

Sardonyx > it depends on my bb's cries. Same as Wu py. I'll attend immediately if his cries for milk, pee or poo. Sometimes bb just want reassurance so you can just talk to bb to pacify him/her or tun on the musical mobile n let him play on his own. My bb is 18 days old today
happy.gif

I presume it's normal for our baby to keep crying for attention? My gal kept crying, wants to be cuddled to sleep. Think have spoilt her as we would carry her whenever she cries v loudly.

Thanks wu py. But i still cant get what is feeling of let down. Is it when i feel my breast is pain before i pump ?
My milk production same with Phyllis,I pump for 15mins every 3-4hrs usually total supply is 50-65ml for continuous 2 weeks. My bb gal now week 4 n drink 90ml per feed, my supply is not enough for her so will top up fm for her. Worry this ebm amt will b stagnant
sad.gif

Chai, my milk flow also stagnant for long. I only get about 40-50ml per session. Used to take an hr to get this supply but now shorter time, about 40-50mins at times..
Now no time to express, maybe only pump twice a day, so just latch on 15mins each side..

Hmm I think let down is the milk flow coming out..
For me the feeling is around nipple area..
How about the rest?

chai, i will feel breast a bit sore first followed by itchy nipple, then it comes.

juski, so good to have 1 boy 1 girl, esp first one is girl, can help you look after your boy.

i didi not store any EBM, i drink it myself. lol. but now started to worry next week she might go thru growth spurt and i won't have enough milk, then it will break her routine.

my feeling is worse now, sweating + milk let down + massage binder with herbs. super hot.

Kelly Cao, can u share how to hold bb firmly during wash bb bottom after poo? I also hope to save the wipe as my wipe also finish very fast but worry will drop the bb as I m 1st time mother with no helper :p

Thanks yingzz. Facebook group is very informative!

Let down feel - try this. With your palm, rub in circular motions against your nipple. See if that works to achieve the let down.

Chai, you cuddle the baby just like how you feed them, if you can walk with one hand holding the baby, you will get what i mean. I use my left hand, leave her body and head on my arm, then left hand lift up her legs, then use right hand to take water and wash. Let me know if you still catch no ball, I take a photo next time and show you.

>> sardonyx
cant add u too.. add me at [email protected].. and pm me your facebook nick.. so i know which friend request to accept..

>> juski
wah handwash! so far my mum has been washing the clothes for me.. cos i still under confinement..

>> rachel
yup facebook easier to track on a particular topic.. haha actually the one you joined is the new FB group.. the old FB grp actually more active and informative (no longer accepts new members).. but then again we have members spanning both groups.. so we also try to share info..

yes handwash! i find tat my in laws washing machine old n dirty...(dunno wat they put in to wash)

but till 1yo... i slowly put into washing machine n wash.. (tat when we clean the machine liao) hahaha

Chai n phyllis,

Maybe u can try to pump for half an hr..maybe your supply will increase..I pump for half an HR..and sometimes the milk stop n flow again..

Kelly,
My nipple also sore and itch at times..

Kelly, ha ha ha..... I really catch no ball. I can't imagine how one hand hold bb n raise her leg :p

Kitty, thanks for ur suggestion, I will try, hope my nipple can survive with that high frequency pumping :p

Bb clothes, I use washing machine. N I clean my washing machine once per month with washing machine cleaning powder.

hichai, pm me you hp no so i can mms you the photo. i just demo the position, so did not take out diaper, you shd take it out and use the clean part to wipe off your baby stool on the buttock, so it won't dirty her cloth.

hi all.. if anyone wants me to add them into the fb group.. and have added me on fb.. pls pm me on ur fb nick so tt i can accept ur frenz request..
happy.gif

Think one mummy posted that "let down" feels like
milk is squirting? U can see the milk squirting out physically. I'm doing exclusive pumping and pump regularly like 3-4 hrs. Guess regular pumping does increase the milk supply. For mine, increase quite alot.

But I got another problem arises, does the baby poo need to be watery?

Kelly,
I was also woke up by the soreness then I will wake up n pump at nite..usually 3 hrs plus 4.. Is like a alarm haha

Chai & Phyllis,

Both can try n share the outcome with us.. Tune the suction low & high. so breast can take it.. My bb drinking 80-90ml ..yrs??

dearest mummies, congrats on your new bundle of joy
happy.gif

i have engaged confinement lady from PEM. jus to seek some of your feedbabck on the Confinement lady from PEM as i am due soon. any good ones for recommendation huh? so that when i call i can jus highlight their names huh?
happy.gif
thank you very much for your great help. greatly appreciate a good confinement lady to help us in this times.

>> Phyllis
Can try pumping at 10 min interval.. i.e massage, pump 10 min.. rest & massage again.. pump 10 min, rest n massage again..pump 10 min.. wont be be that hard on your breasts.. not sure if can increase inputs as well..

>> ak
breastfed baby the poo tend to be more watery right?

Back