(2012/05) May 2012

>> kitty
yup i did mine already.. cos tt time engorgement so called in jamu lady for breast massage on day 4.. initially i tot only upper body.. end up she do the whole package.. she tell me it is ok to do leh.. but many prefer to wait till the wound really healed before doing.. the massage is ok.. just a bit uncomfy around stomach area.. however.. if she try to push up from just above pelvic area to tummy area.. the stitch is painful cos havent really heal.. her theory is that during the healing period.. ur body need massage the most.. no point doing after body heal..

Yingzz, thanks! My hubby also bought at kiddy palace for tolly joy. Mothercare he bought pigeon, so ex..for same price but half the quantity
sad.gif

Dolce, I always wanted wrap but no time.. So busy everyday

Been carrying bb for like whole day..she not sleep well..put on bed, short while wake up..think tonight she will sleep through..

Ak: Is your baby breastfed? If so, green poo could mean he is not getting enough hind milk (not latched on long enough), could be a virus or also allergy reaction. How long has the poo been like that? Best to consult your PD if you are worried

Yingzz, what Facebook group?

My bb just past 1month ;)
This morning, last feed around 12+ then next feed 6am+.. either bb cry we din hear, or all of us too tire..haha..
But I hope it's ok to drag so long..so tire to wake up 3-4am to feed..

Juski, thanks!

Yingzz, so best to get nursing pad from kiddy palace?

Time flies..2months later will need send bb to infant care..
Then I can relax a bit..
Now everyday so busy..

Anyone taking care of bb alone after CL leaves?
Just curious how u settle ur lunch & what u eating?

I try to burp my girl after latching esp if I notice she is not feeding calmly, ie: crying out loud for milk before latching on. Then I know she would have swallowed air. Sometimes she burps, sometimes not. And sometimes it takes a while before she burps or sometimes she farts instead.

I think one way to increase ss is to extend the duration of pumping. For example if I can pump 100ml in half hr, I'll pump another 10 mins to get 110ml. The body somehow noes tt you need the 10ml more and after a few days, wld be able to pump 110ml within lesser time. Strange thing is tt I notice the amt will drop during a specific timing...

I think the max varies with individual? Mine also stagnant at 90-100ml for a while, but trying to push to 110ml cos tt's the amt my bb takes nw. Hoping tt can increase enuough to tbf and store, otherwise ss sure drop after return to work...

Can I ask some questions here. I am new and my baby girl is 7 days old. I am on total breastfeeding.

1.She latched on nearly 2 hours to finish 1 feed then sleep for 5 hours. is that ok? cuz PD said can only let her latch on half an hour, but she is wants more milk.

2. she is so sleepy that I am not able to wake her up every 3 hours for BF. she almost sleep for 22 hours a day. Is it ok to feed 6 times in 24 hours?

3. she had not passed motion for 4 days. last bowel movement is on 3rd day after she was born and the stool is the infant stool in black. thought with total BF she should be pooing a lot. but she looks alright, did not cry at all and gained 0.2kg after discharged.

wish any experienced mummy could help me.

>>juski
maybe make him a card or cook dinner or something :p lol.. i totally forgot tt my hubby can celebrate fathers day already lol..

>> wu py
hmm not sure.. you may have to check out kiddy palace.. cos my sources are from fb group.. and personally i have not bought there..

we have two may mummies FB group.. one new one old.. i only have admin rights to add you all to the new group..

happy one month old to your bb :D

>> mama gene
pm me your email address
happy.gif
or add me at [email protected] and pm me your fb nick..

>> amy
cant add you.. add me instead at [email protected].. n pm me your fb nick..

>> esteelin
hmm i think extending doesnt really help for me.. bulk of my milk ss comes from first ten min..

Hi Kelly, is ur bb having jaundice? Cos that is also one of the reason why bb always sleep for long hours. My lactation consultant did advise me to wake bb up for milk doing the day, the longest is 4 hours. If bb sleep more than that, need to disturb him. At night, just to let bb sleep, to feed on demand.
Bb on breastfeed tends to poo a lot of times, up to 8-10 times a day. And is yellowish in colour. Perhaps you might want to pay your pd a visit, for a peace of mind.

Wu py, I am looking after bb alone too. I ordered those one pax tingkat. But the food is really cold and I don't like it. After a month, I think I will be like juski taboo. At least the food is hotter. After my cl left, my BM SS is very inconsistent. Sometimes 60ml, sometimes 120ml. Is probably when cl is are, I could pump regularly. Now that my cl left, I could only pump when I have the opportunity, like when bb sleeping, or not crying for attention...

Wu py n freedom: I'm also taking care of baby alone.. I eat lunch when bb sleeps, n that is if he can b put down to sleep.. Last week he kept waking up whenever I put him down so carry n eat. Usually i cook porridge, easy to cook n eat.. Quite tiring after Cl left but getting used to it.. Just that at this age no choice baby needs us.. He gets older will b better! My bm is inconsistent also coz no more regular pumping like last time.. Most of the time I jus latch, at night really too tired to pump..

Those mummies who have someone to help take care, is it better for u?

hi miss freedom, thanks for your advice. my baby's jaundice level is 11.6 on day 5 checkup, so not serious and is clearing off now.

anyway i brought her to PD tonight, PD said her eating and sleeping pattern is alright, since my no1 is also similiar. slow eater and sleeping a lot. so ask me to wake her up every 3 hours in daytime and leave her to sleep through at night, just like what you said. :}

then for bowel movement, PD help me clear some meconium which supposed to be cleared by her age. then ask me to monitor in the next 2 days, if still no yellow stool, got to go back for detail check up.then just now she pooed, i wanted to cry, finnally after waited for 4 days, although still like moconium, it is better than nothing, just hope the yellow stool will come soon after this.

really thanks for your kind help. i can have a sound sleep tonight.

Kelly> happy to hear at everything is alright nw, so rest well while u can
happy.gif

Wu py, if not u can cook some simple food for urself.. Like meesuan, meehuan

Sasha: yes, I'm breastfeeding her, but doing exclusive pumping, the green poo has ended. Now back to mastard colour. Hope she's ok;)

anyway ladies, I'm down with fever ;( find it weird as I thought we shld be able to eat those heaty food. Pls take care!

I just finished pumping too
happy.gif
hi to mummies who are still awake doing the night shift.

My bb's poo is still greenish in color and he's 16 days old on bm n fm. Sometimes it's greenish and yellow. Is that normal? By when should it turn yellow?

Hi ak I think I'll have ulcer soon. Same, thought we need all those heaty food to regulate our "han" body but seems to be getting the heat from the confinement food and herbal soups.

Happen to wake up... Check on bb n found out his bed is wet.. And realise he vomited (dunno when)
sad.gif

Just change him.... He still sleeping, so he shld b alright right?

I think he vomitted his last feed 80ml milk out!

thanks juski, i fed my baby at 11:30 and now she just woke up for milk. she slept 3 hours but i woke up 1 hour ago, cuz before that feeding already slept 3 hours with her. daytime also keep sleeping until i don't feel sleepy at night myself liao.

your boy vomitted all 80ml? breast milk or formula? poor thing, i hate to see baby eat happily end up vomit out.

mummies have issue with confinement food, just to share, my mil is doing confinement for me, she is not a good cook, so she simply cook soup with only water and some ginger, be it fish, chicken or pork rib. of course doesn't taste as nice as herbal soup. but my milk is good, not a lot of supply, but it is thick in light yellow and on top got 1 layer of oil i dark yellow.

so u felt not necessary to drink herbal soup always.

Yesterday till now, my breast seems to be a bit of pain..but I don't think it's engorgement cos I just pump out my milk..
Yesterday was busy so didn't manage to pump much & my bb didnt latch as much..
Anybody experiencing this as well?

wu py, did you try to massage your breast? i stopped pumping since yesterday, i will have let down twice in between my girls 2 feedings, so i just let it be. the before feeding i will feel the pain on each side of my breast, and when i touch, it is hard. so i massage it till it became soft then feed my baby. seems my girl can empty my breast after feeding, that is why i stopped pumping, even i do, can only pump out total less than 10ml after feeding de, so i don't bother to do it liao.

i missed my pump by an hour n half! cos i couldnt wake! hubby bad to drag me out of bed..

>> wu py
maybe block ducts? try feeling for lumps?

>> juski
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/spitting_up_in_infants/article_em.htm
the vol may seem a lot.. but is actually not tt much..

>> ak
take care n rest well.. i almost had sore throat too.. and cut down on milo.. i think my body super heaty now.. i had heat rash all over my body :\

>> CK
once you establish supply.. i think you can drag out ur pumps.. i.e slowly from 3hr to 4hr to 5 hr to 6 hr.. then dont hav to wake at ungodly hour to pump.. zzzzzzzzz..

I had warmed up my ebm for my baby to find that there's this thick layer of phlegm like substance on top of the milk. Tried to shake it but it does not dissolve and stays at the top, this is the second bottle that is like that. What is that??

Anybody using pigeon bb wipes? Knowv any good offers?
My usage is huge..1day like can almost finish a pack. Use a lot ESP when my bb poo

hi wu py,why don't you wash bb buttock with warm water? i did that with my no.1, now my baby girl also, i will do the same. so I only use wipes when she pee, but after full month, i will do the same, wash her buttock with warm water directly from water tap. clean and save $$.

Kelly> wow not bad ah u still can sleep most of the time!

I gv fm tot he could sleep longer so I can sleep long too....

Wu py> u can try buying from the Chinatown store heard from a mummy it cheap! But for me I buy from ntuc 1pkt of 3 only $9.80

Fwahhh!! Just found out that both hubby and MIL will be going overseas next week. How do they expect me to cope with 3 kids???!!!!

wu py, I wash with warm water too..cheapest pigeon wipes I have seen is 3packsx82pcs for $9.50.. I use a lot too so I decided to change to using warm water, used to buy Combi wipes, better coz thicker..but more expensive..

chinatown cheaper? I go there one day to explore..

kris: 3 kids??!! can get help?? your mummy?

luanluancao & littledotty,

when you say wash with warm water, would that be under a running tap? I'm thinking it would be difficult especially with a screaming baby ...

Wu py,
My breast also pain. My nipple pain also.. Once I touch, I can feel pain.. Dont know is it block ducts/ infection . Anyone know how to tell? Whenever I pump/latch, I fell my nipple pain. Is it normal? Or I pump too much? Over stimulate?

Any advise?

Hubby's trip is a last minute arrangement. Day time still ok coz the 2nd girl goes to childcare but night time jialat Liao coz now all 3 kids sleep with me and hubby. Was hoping MIL can sleep with the 2 older kids but turn out she going china...arghhh

Wipes - I use kodomo. Watsons have promotion from time to time. $2 for a pack of 70 wipes. I always stock up when they have promotion

Priscilla - I think it's part and parcel of breastfeeding bah. Coz stress the nipple. Mine always pain when pumping too. When bathing and the water jet touch also pain. Towel touch also pain

juski, yes, i overslept, now dare not to sleep in daytime liao. 9 hours at night is enough for me.

Yumii, yes, running tap, but as long as you hold the baby tightly, it should be fine. my older girl only managed to finish the pack of wet wipe given by TMC when she was born, after that did not spend any $$ on wipe liao.

Priscilla, did you apply nipple cream after feeding? it helps to relief the sore nipple, i did that immediately after every feeding, and think when baby improved their sucking skill, the nipple pain is gone. but for breast pain, so far i only felt massage it before feeding helps. and make sure you baby can empty your breast for you.

Hi to all who have popped, I'm from the Oct 2012 thread. Just wanna ask what is the current birth cert number for the newest born babies in late May?

I just wanna know the 1st 4 digits. Not for buying 4D but to estimate my oct baby's birth cert number. :D

Is it T1216XXXX? already?

>> wu py
taka bb fair is coming soon.. may have gd deals.. 18 jul - 5 aug..

my sis also use kodomo wet wipes.. can get from watsons.. cheap & good.. wait for watson sales!

>> mama gene
added you. add me as friend for me to add u into the group.. vryn

>> kris
wah.. get ur mum to help? if not how u handle 3 kids alone?!

>> priscilla
same here.. nipple super sensitive now.. pumping pain.. latching worst.. if cannot tahan.. when pumping put lesser suction?

Wow Kelly cao, yours already T12167XXX? Mine born late April was T12122.. so I guess T12128XXX coming soon!

Have been very busy! My #1 was sick w high fever and cough.. then he spread to baby and me! Fortunately we have no fever though. Heart pain and scarry to hear baby making those funny sound because of block nose. And PD said cannot give medication, so can only use special water to flush and nose drop. Having 2 kids really not easy, after feeding #2 middle of the night, #1 high fever again, settled him (sponged and bath), then #2 cry for milk again. Luckily now she's getting better!

Today have my first massage (6 weeks after delivery) also first time my gal bottle feed at home. My mum said she's cleverer than #1, can suckle after a few try. And she drank around 100ml, now she's still sleeping after more than 2 hours, which is considered long
happy.gif

ak and kris, have been direct feed exclusively and till now she still got to struggle to "find" my nipple
happy.gif
Sometimes waste quite a lot of milk cos the milk will keep spurting out in very thin jet. Actually some say direct feed is easier cos after let down, milk flow out by itself, baby just need to swallow will do, so it depends lah. Like today my mum said my gal seems to take more effort to drink from the bottle till her toes all curled up.

CK: I labeled my EBM by date (Not time) only, mix the old ones first lah. My previous nanny used to pour ALL my EMB into a big jar, I closed one eyes...

yingzz (yingzz): I didn't wake my baby for feed, cos she feeds 2 hourly, only at night she can give me around 4 hours of rest! And the elders always say sleep is more important then feed for baby

rabbitz: Menses depends on individual, for #1, my menses comes after 1 year.

pris and amy, when you say 100ml, you mean each breast or combine both? Cos I only pump two times so far, and baby is 1.5 months now, I got around 100ml in total.

kitty: My baby had jaundice and it shoots high (above 260) few days after discharge, was admitted back to hospital, but I still breastfeed most of the time. Only FM once a day cos baby need to sleep longer and not keep feeding so that she can have the photo therapy for longer time.

zp1503 (zp1503): BM is oily, no worries

Back