(2012/05) May 2012

littledotty: Was asking my hubby, can find the CDA info below:
https://www.babybonus.gov.sg/bbss/html/index.html
Just need to go to the ICA and do the CDA account there. The gov will give $4k or $6k into our account for #1, #2 or #3 onwards. For CDA, gov match dollar to dollar till $6k to be put inside the CDA account.

maymama: For #1, we use OCBC, so for #2 we use SC just for a change
happy.gif

Im quite worried. My tummy is quite low week 37 yet bb not engaged. Im scared of c sec, afraid of the pain after the surgery, care of the wound n unable to start my post natal massage.

thanks dolly, must it be done at ICA? THe 4k or 6k which the govt is giving us, do we need to do any application for that?? For CDA, I read from the baby bonus booklet regarding the submission of the docs..but for the cash one, I am not too sure how to go about doing it..how do we give them the account details?

claire, not to worry..bb can engage anytime
happy.gif
and c sect is not so painful, just for the first two or three days when the wound is healing..i asked my massage lady, she says a month later can massage already..

Any mummies took epidural and feel giddy after? I just delivered early this morning and still can't get out of bed without seeing stars...hope it won't last till tomorrow

Congrats Kris! My colleague has the same seeing stars effect while others r ok. Think everyone threshold different.

Little dotty, I'm afraid the wound will tear if I go for massage. Then will I slim down if I go thru c sect. I worry a lot.

hi
Can I know how long u latch yr bb each side? I start with 15 mins to 20 mins but bb seem like still
Not satisfy. Bb is born quite big, 3.7kg- hence cl keep saying he fun hv enug. Want to gv fm. But I actually wan to daytime latch, nite gv ebm. If no ebm- then gv fm. But sometimes immed after I latch bb, bb seem not enug, cl will feed bb with fm. Then for the next 2-3 hrs, he will sleep. Then my daytime latch become less. How long u pump as well? I oni pump ard 15 mins-20 mins dual pump. Was told not to pump too long as will sore or bleed. But I really wonder how I can increase the supply. Bb is 1.5 wks old and can drink 100-120ml.

littledotty: ICA will require ur account number, w branch code and all the child birthcert to show how many children u have.

Babytots: My #1 hv the same prob, he's 3.75kg and seems not enough everytime. But just remember, CL is there to help u, if u really dun wan FM, then dun buy at all! She'll hv no FM to feed and the only way to go is to find u. Baby tend to sleep longer w FM cos its harder to digest, does not mean they are more satisfied. But got to warn u its very tough especially first mth, I fed him every hour thru the night, so both CL n I cant get sleep then
happy.gif

So the choice is yours, but dun get too upset if u cant do TBF, baby will still grow
happy.gif

babytots, I latch on baby for 15mins on one side, he always fall asleep and I will try to wake him up to drink, usually after he is breastfed, he still have to drink about 30ml of fm. When I pump, I will pump 15mins also with dual pump, usually can pump about 60-70ml now..my baby is small, abt 2.5kg and I feed him every 1.5-2hrs..now my CL gives him ebm in the day, i will latch him on in the evening twice..my gynae also told me, no need worry whether latch or express, as long as he drinks, that's all it matters..for my bb coz he is small n breastmilk is not enough, I give him fm as well..

thanks dolly! I found the package and will sign up..

claire, if you wait for a mth to do your massage, your wound shouldnt tear if you have a c sect..when you go back to gynae to review, they will tell you if your wound is healing well..haa, i worry about e slimmming too but my tummy disappear already, even tho eating all that confinement food..I believe it is becoz of the breastfeeding!
happy.gif
so dont worry too much..

hey mummies, will the hospital give us any form of drink or medication to remove our bowels before delivering? I am very constipated and seldom go toilet, quite worried on this.

Yes they will insert the liquid into yr anus (enema) then shortly after, u will feel the urge to poo.

But I did that at 9am, after epi which is too strong for me, I lost control of bowel movement and still crap... That was like 5 pm onwards..

Ak, does ur baby squirm n toss a lot in ur womb? I can't sleep last nite. Don't know if there is less fluid already, when I sleep sideways my baby feels uncomfortable n keeps kicking me thru out the night.

ak, ya they insert the liquid into your anus..the reaction is really quick, I went to the toilet like 3-5mins later..ha, but in the end emergency c-sect. but it was gd to clear bowels because I am extremely constipated as well..now after birth, everything seems to go back to normal
happy.gif

Claire, yes. Same. My baby has lots of movements now. Sometimes also can't slp well at night. I will tell her to stop doing so, cos I'm very uncomfortable. Im a bad mummy ;(

ayana and littledotty: thks for sharing ;) I believe some of my weight gain is due to the piles of shit in me!

Hi,

currently I am inviting a few family with newborn to enjoy our complimentary phototaking session in our Studio. (Located at Trivex, 5mins away from Tai Seng Mrt) as we are building up our portfolio.

Any interested parties ? Please email me at [email protected]

Claire, I'm not sure If my baby is engaged, but head down doesn't necessary mean engaged right? She's head down already. My next visit is on Monday. Ya, the weather super hot, can't imagine doing confinement without fan. I decided to on aircon n keep the room cool during my confinement ;)

Ak: Yeah, head down doesn't mean it's engaged. But at least baby is on the right track
happy.gif

Claire: Do you know how your baby is positioned? Can massage your tummy and talk to your baby. Walking can also help.

As for doing a massage after C-Sect, I actually had one done anyways for a week with the binding and all but the massage lady avoided the tummy area. I did a full complete one again after 3 months or so.

ayana: Congrats! Enjoy your bundle of joy
happy.gif

ak: Yes, head down dun mean engaged, both my pregnancy baby head down but never engaged, that's one of the reason for csec

But my tummy quite obvious that it's lower, hope it meant that baby is engaging soon. But if not engaged, it means only option is to c-sect?

Priscilla: My bill at Mt A is around $8k+, staying in single deluxe, csec

ak: still got other factor like if ur cervix is dilated or not, and also whether u really wanna try natural, gynae might let u try for a "short" 8 hours first loh...Talk w your gynae ask his opinion, eveey pregnancy is different

Sasha, my baby head down but not engaged.

Ak, today gynae just checked n my cervix is 1cm open. Next week is week 38. Hope I can deliver.

Ak: Not necessary. As what dolly mentioned, there are other factors involved. You can definitely feel the pressure when baby is engaged. Don't stress about it!

Claire: My baby's head also down already since the 30th week or so but of course not engaged. At 35 weeks, the midwife checked and my cervix was 1cm open but still no obvious signs yet. Am also reaching week 38 on Monday. Last few days just walking a lot and doing squats to help
happy.gif

Dime: Yeah like Ayana said, Huggies size S is a bit smaller than Pampers NB. Drypers is size S is also smaller then Pampers

Now i m in 38 weeks of pregnancy. baby head engaged already. But no sign of dilated. But my gynae told me i will delivery my baby by this few days ... Omg so scary ~ + excited.

Hi all, I've delivered my bb on 01 may 2012. EDD is on 17 may.. Bb can't wait to see the world. Below is my delivery process:

My last day of work should be 4 may, so on 30 April, my hubby fetch me from work and we went to mac for our dinner. I had a hearty Mac spicy n seaweed shaker fries + sprite for dinner.

We reached home at 8.30pm. I went to bath and wash my hair (daily routine). I came out from the bathroom at 9pm, and sat down on bed w my hubby, talking about what happens at work. At around 9.15pm, I told him I'm gg to comb my hair, so I went to the washroom again..

Halfway through combing my hair, I feel a sudden gush of warm liquid rushing out from my vagina, and it's exactly the same feeling of having heavy menses rushing out. I quickly remove my panty, thinking could it b the bloody show. When I remove, I am just on time to see more clear liquid rushing out, wetting my panty at that instant.. I quickly sit on the toilet bowl and call for my hubby..

My hubby rush to the toilet, as he told me that the way I called out to him is very weird, and he immediately knew something was wrong. The water just continue to gush out, and I remained sitted at the toilet bowl, not knowing what to do. My hubby immediately call TMC and told the nurse in charge that we suspect that my water bag burst. We left house at 9.30pm after I clean myself up n put on pad. ( on the same day, my hubby just transfer my hospital bag to the car- phew).

On our way to the hospital, the leaking of the water bag stop and I feel no more movement of the bb. Btw, earlier in the day, my bb had been moving aggressively. My hubby gets worRied and drives very fast. We reach TMC at 9.45pm.

I was asked by a senior mid wife to change into the hospital gown, and they put me on the bed w no panty. At that time, my water starts to gush out again, and you cannot imagine how disgusting it is. Even when I'm walking from the toilet where I change to the bed, the water is just leaking, but the midwife told me it's ok, but it's really embarrassing.. Haha

I was told to walk to the labor ward myself after I poo, and the midwife ask me me 'giap' the pad w my 2 legs as I walk, which is really very....
sad.gif

I was lying at the bed in the delivery ward till 2am when my contraction comes in. Gynea not here yet, but midwife chk n told me I'm only 1cm dilate. The contraction pain bcomes unbearable at around 3am. midwife ask me if I want to try the laughing gas, and I did, but it don't work on me. I ask for epi, but midwife ask me to try an injection on the buttock. I tried and it don't work either. The pain is just unbearable (even though I have high threshold for pain). At 3.30am, hubby sign on the epi consent form. Doc came in a 4am to administer epi forme, bu the best part is, I still feel contraction pain on my right womb. Hubby ask doc and he explained that there are many veins in our body and he might have missed out some. He asked if we want him to try to administer again, and of course we say no..

I endure the contraction pain (very sharp pain) every 2 mins, and the pain will last for around 10 secs. my hands are in fist and I'm biting my teeth. Gynea came in at 6.30am (she did came in earlier at around 3am to chk n me prior to this and told me that bb might b coming out at late morning or early afternoon as I'm only 4cam dilate then and bb will only come out at 10cm dilate. That is the reason why I gave in to epi coz I thought there's still a Long way to go) and hubby told me that he saw the midwife preparing the delivery items..

I got freak out coz I know it's coming.. I ask midwife how many cm now and she told me 10! I knew it's comin!

They start to ask me to push at around 6.30am, and with each push, I have to try for 10 seconds.. Like try pushing for 10 seconds in one breath, then rest. At first I thought they are just trying to teach me how to push as beside the contraction pain, I don't have any other feeling w the pushing.

After my 5th push, gynea calmly told me that I would babble to see my bb in my next push. They decide on when to ask me push based on my contraction shown in the computer. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise for me, the wrongly inject epi allows me to still feel the contraction on my right womb, and w that, I can push harder, coz the harder I push, I lesser contraction pain I will feel. My bb girl came out after the 6th push, and the feeling is just like someone had removed something very heavy from your womb.

Bb girl - Valerie arrives healthily at 6.50am, weighing 2.51kg.

Actually, just to share, I've seen my gynea on 27 April, and she told me that bb not engaged yet, but in right position. But I gave birth on 01 may. Hence, if you feel anything not right, please call the number outside the admission letter envelope immediately. Gynea can only give u advise on what's the norm, like bb must b engaged before u can deliver. But if bb wants to come out, it's just meant to be. I know some mothers who depends very much on gynea's advise, and end up delaying their trip down to the hospital, and in the end causing them to go thru emergency csec.

That's my story on the birth process, which remains an exciting journey that I've ever went through in my entire life.

To all mummy who has not pop yet, please enjoy the process, especially if this is your first. The moment when u see your bb coming out from your vagina, kicking and crying, that feeling, is sweeter than the sweetest dreams you've ever had. You will ask yourself that question, is that tiny bean in my tummy, who had been kicking me, gg to work w me for the past 9 months, now right before my eyes? ^^

Btw, hubby will help in asking u to push as well. So hubby must also rest well while in the labor ward.

Now, my bb is lying next to me when I'm typing this. It's just a miracle.

Claire: 1cm dilated? Great, ure one step nearer ;) how does it feels? I just went for my first Brazilian wax yest, quite uncomfy down there. Plus the v area there, feel abit "sore". See what my gynae says on my next visit on Monday, but don't think he's doing v examination.

Sasha and dolly: thanks for the advise ;) felt better upon hearing this.

Bb_2012: thanks for sharing your birth story! Think u were very right That most of us are very dependent upon gynae's advise. Guess because we were inexperienced ;)
take care oki!

ak: i know that feeling too ... Doc told me i will delivery any time i was like ... Huh so fast .. less then a week i will delivery ... scary to do anything!! haha Jia you to you too
happy.gif

Ak and Star, how come your gynae know u can deliver anytime? I'm still waiting.

Ak, after today internal examination I had some brown tinge discharge. Gynae warn me that usually after checking cervix may have this occur.

Claire:Gynae had check did i dilated but no sign. Then say don know what very soft.. May delivery anytime. i oso forget to ask what thing very soft .. haha... I lost alot of sleep this few days !!

Star, shld be ur cervix area soft. When is ur edd? My baby descend lower I can feel, always kicking my pelvic bone but refuse to engage. Very playful, full of squirming toss n turn.

bb_2012: Congrats! And thanks for sharing the story!

Claire, AK and star: hehe, good thing is after giving birth, your insomnia might be a case of the past... cos you got to wake up every 2-3 hours for night feed... Sometimes I'll fall asleep half way especially the 3/4am feed and then wake up to find baby already unlatch herself
happy.gif
but of course I was not holding her. I bf sleeping sideway at night, with her sleeping next to me.

Claire: I'm not having insomina, on the way home
after chill out session with my besties ;)
oh, my gynae didn't say I could deliver anytime. But he told
me I will deliver earlier than my Edd which is 31 may. I just thought that it could happen anytime, just like Bb_2012. My gynae haven't tell me If my baby has engaged. He just told me she's head down, and it was like since week 20 -_-!!

Claire: Edd on 25 may. I could feel my little baby pushing down slowly this few days. Keep running to the loo ...

Dolly:Will get to try out of waking up n bf !! haha

Hi AK, my edd is the same as yours 31 May and I'm with TMC too. My gynea is Eunice Chua at level 3. Just did my check up this morning bb is well, water sac level is good. When are you planning to stop work?
So exciting it's like anytime right? I had Braxton hicks last fri night and sat morning. The tightening and contractions are slightly painful it's like tummyache. It's a prelude to the actual contractions. Guess the actual one will be 100x times more painful. Looking forward to his arrival and in the mean time will just continue to keep myself active and happy
happy.gif

Phyllis, I already stopped work since week 37. Actually would prefer to work but boss is quite concerned seeing my tummy very very big like anytime can deliver. Also depends on the nature of your work. Now schools are having hfmd, I'm glad to stay home away from diseases.

Hi phyllis, my gynae is dr Adrian, seeing him tonight. Have you gotten ur admission letter. So excited! This week is my last work week, planning to rest myself and have alone time before baby's arrival. So far, I only experienced one Braxton hicks and it's already very uncomfortable, esp the backache. Omg, can't imagine the labour pain n contraction!

I feel sad… My EDD is today 14 May and I received a called from my CL last night 10pm. She said she can’t do the confinement for me as she is sick. She is suck as last minutes informed. She able to get a replacement for me. After closed the called she directly gave me another called, she said ‘How? How about your friend?’ with very clear and healthy voice as compare with the sick voice she talked to me. From here I knew that she is lie to me as she is sick but actually she is not… I hope other mummy won’t get into same situation as me, hope other mummy alert of her as not responsible behavior. Her name is Candy, stay at Yishun, her phone number is 9139 8191.
Hopefully the replacement she got for me will be no problem.. hope everything is fine after this. I need to be cheer up for my bb who is waiting to be join my family.
happy.gif
lol….

Claire, that's nice, to start ur ML early. I also don't feel like working now, cos lazy to wake up early or taking pulic transport. I suddenly realises that only few of us are chatting away, think all other mummies popped already ;)

Chai: ur CL is super irresponsible lor. Don't worry, the replacement wil be a gd one ;)

Sorry to intrude mummies
happy.gif

I had overstocked on baby hankies/washcloth and trying to clear them now. It's 100% Cotton Hanky/WashCloth from Korea and good for face and body. I use them for cleaning my girl's face, mouth, and also use it as a drool bib. Even my CL commented its very good as its very soft to the skin and yet very durable, withstanding frequent washing.

7033502.jpg

They come in packs of 10 at $8.90 each. If you get 3 packs and more, its $8.50. Postage is calculated separately or collection can be arranged.

Please email me at [email protected] if keen.

Do not reply to this PM as I am using my friend's account and she is on confinement now. Don't want to disturb her. Thanks

Ak, luckily I start my ML early. My bb so active at night that sometimes I can't sleep. Panda eyes the next day. Yup, most mommies have popped. Think we r the last few to pop. I'm anxious to pop cos my tummy itch like mad. I keep telling my bb to cooperate n pop this week or next week. My bb not cooperative last sat, gynae can't take his weight. My gynae not so patient to tug my bb n wait to measure his abodomen n weight. So end up agar agar tell me bb shld b 3kg.
sad.gif

Claire: mine too, super active at night. keep Stretching, very Painful. But no choice, they no room for movement. Now waiting for fri to come So that i can rest at home
happy.gif

Back