(2012/05) May 2012

Congrats Ann ho!!
happy.gif

Sasha: Think I'm going to check with my gynae again this week just to make sure. You are right about the baby dropping further down cos gynae did mentioned last week that my baby head is very low...

Snowy: I hold on to my tummy if I need to walk too.
happy.gif
my hubby ask me to roll myself around the house on the office chair when I need to move about. Its faster this way. Lol

Yingzz: I'm hoping I'll pop soon... been getting more painful with each passing day. So envious u can still go out. I'm stuck at home, can't walk much, can't do much. Feeling kind of useless recently.

Hey Yingzz! U checking in here too? Fb action makes me too kan cheong liao... Hahaha!!!

I'm still waiting for signs of labour but so far it's just pains when I move around.

Waiting getting boring... Hiah...

Maymay.. Haha dun nid to envy me.. I am still working lor.. Try to get as much rest as u can now? Cos after popping not much time to rest.. Shld be soon already for u since bb head is low~

Yes chocolateteddy.. Fb everyone is popping.. Or already pop.. N i am so not prepared.. Everyone says i may pop before end of next week since my tummy is low.. But i still got so many things not done.. Even bb bag only packed halfway :x haha anw get more rest n me time while u can now.. Vv soon we may well be complaining of lack of slp.. Slow milk supply.. Engorgement or what nots.. So we shld enjoy now while we can!

Yingzz: U due 18 isit? Still hv abit of time do better get things done now lor. I'm due in 3 days but dunno will on time or if doc wan me to wait somemore. Everyone see my tummy oso say very low, looks huge n scary cos like anytime can pop hahaha!

ann ho: Congrats! Breastmilk or rather colostrum should come on the first day, and then follow by more normal milk few days later. So just keep latching and let then the milk will come
happy.gif

chocolateteddy,

Usually gynae will see the size of your baby to decide wanna wait or induce as too big might end end up emergency c-sect.

Now so busy pumping and clearing engorgements/block ducts after pop.....haiz...

ann congrat!

i back home for e second day, it's very challenging for a total breastfeeding cos i have no supply so far...baby crying alot and so pity her so finally have to give way to a formular milk bottle. Any good advise would be appreciate.

which PD you will be seeing for those delivered mumies? shall we go back to TMC with the PD whom taking care of us at the ward(but she doesn't seem to be good though)...

Big congrats to all who have popped!
happy.gif
I must say that my first experience giving birth has been fun!

maymama, my boy is on breastmilk and formula as well..he is drinking very fast and increasing in amt and when he was delivered, due to his small size, hospital gave him formula milk..now I go between latching (so that he doesnt forget how to suck) and bottle-feed with breastmilk or formula milk.. actually I have no issues with formula milk as long as bb wants to drink, and grows healthily..

I am seeing Dr Ang Ai Tin from Thomson, who saw my baby when he was delivered..wa piang, the queue is very long and very crowded..I am also thinking should switch PD if I can find someone good and near but at this pt, I will stick to her first..which PD saw your bb?

Kayla, I am also busy pumping every day and night..haa..but I do see that the pumping helps with clearing the blocked ducts very well..

littledotty, my dd also samll size and so pity her that i initially insisted for breastfeeding. then later just to keep her practice latching like you (but dd do upset and cried a lot) we then cupfeed her per LC advise, anyway, we switch to bottle feed at the end cos dd so angry and never settle. with bottle feed, she is now catching up with the amt too...and i felt releived to see her sleep soundly now...hope my supply can come in soon, now using pump to just stimulating.

same PD seen my dd after delivered and suppose to follow up with her but then hor my sixth sense doesn't seem to go well with her so decided not to follow up with her and has go ahead for Dr. Janice Wong(still at TMC) instead...my 1st apt with her is tomorrow hope we choose the right PD for dd yah! will let you know.

To Mummies who intend to Breastfeed their babies for short-term!
eg. intending to stop after resuming to work

this is also very ideal for mummies who were not sure which breastpumps suits them the most - rent & try it out then purchase a new set!
happy.gif

Why pay hundreds of dollars for a breast pump which u will only use for a few months? Consider renting MEDELA breast pumps from us at affordable rates!
happy.gif

We have PIS, PISA, Swing & Mini Electric for rent!

Alternatively, pls pm / whatsapp / sms to 9879 5299 for faster response!
Happy Breastfeeding, Mummies / Mummies-to-be! Strive on!

congrats ann!

those mummies who already popped> care to share how u all can keep track of the timing in the labor ward? each and every min they come in and check the dilation... insert epi.. time gynae came in.. etc.. will there be time for us to keep track of all these timing while in labor? or any methods to use? seems like mummies who have popped can share ur timing so well.. i scare i will panic and forgot to jot down the timing lo

Hi May mommies,

Seems like most of u have popped. My EDD is still far away, 28 May. Can't wait to pop. Feel so heavy n tummy is so low that it sits on my lap whenever I sit down. Will I deliver early?

Big Dee >> my advice to u when u r in labour ward is .. U dun hav tO keep track of ur contractions .. Juz take each contractions as it comes .. U'll b in pain to even notice the interval .. They'll alsO hav a tracking machine to track for u ..

Claire: We share the same EDD. From my last visit and check with the midwife at 35weeks, she did tell me I will deliver earlier especially since baby is low lying and my cervix was 1cm open and she could feel baby's head. It's just a waiting game, really so trying to keep on with usual daily activities
happy.gif

Me too! Also late Edd, even later than both of u, mine is 31 may. Still active now, want to move more, hoping to help shorten the labour timing and process. Jia you!

By the way, does any of u have a small visible lump at the armpit area near to the breast? I noticed that quite sometime ago until I just remembered to ask my gynae. He jus told
me it's normal. Didn't explain to me what's that. Any of you have that?

AK: Had the same wt my last pregnancy so panicked a bit at the discovery. But it went away the next day and my gynae then also said it's normal. Is your lump still there though?

And yeah, keeping active definitely helps wt labour. Am walking a lot (or rather shopping) and still doing yoga.

Sasha, I'm now on leave already. Boss n colleagues see my tummy very low quite worried for me. Ur gynae did internal examination to know ur cervix dialate? My gynae didn't check. She says just wait for signs of labour. Is that the right way or she plain lazy to check? This is my 1st pregnancy so don't know what's the procedure.

Claire: Think as long as you don't feel pain or discomfort, you should be able to carry out with normal daily activities.

It was the mid-wife who did the internal exam. Since it's my first time delivering overseas, I agreed since was not sure if it's normal or not. But wt my previous pregnancies in SG, I usually tend to avoid internal examination unless absolutely necessary. So don't worry, there is no wrong or right way
happy.gif

To Mummies who intend to Breastfeed their babies for short-term!
eg. intending to stop after resuming to work

this is also very ideal for mummies who were not sure which breastpumps suits them the most - rent & try it out then purchase a new set!

Why pay hundreds of dollars for a breast pump which u will only use for a few months? Consider renting MEDELA breast pumps from us at affordable rates!

We have PIS, PISA, Swing & Mini Electric for rent!

Alternatively, pls pm / whatsapp / sms to 9879 5299 for faster response!
Happy Breastfeeding, Mummies / Mummies-to-be! Strive on!

to add on to my previous post as above!
received too many pms!

currently, only 2 sets of Mini Electric is available for rent.
Swing will be available from 13 May onwards - starts from $30/week
PIS will be available from 9 May onwards (subject to change) - starts from $25/week
PISA will be available from 15 May onwards - starts from $35/week

Sasha: I'm still having the lumps, in fact, has been there for quite awhile. I just googled and realized it's normal as long as theres another lump at other side of the armpit/ breast. Hope it will go away soon!

Claire, I'm delivering at TMC, u?

shasha/mrs ho: i see.. haha, i think i will forgot to track the in between timing when in labor and just know the time in and out.. lol..

hi claire, my edd oso on 28 may, same as shasha and u. Oso delivering in TMC. maybe we will see each other then. my pubic bone already very painful now. standing up is a challenge everyday. last nite went gynae, bb's head started to engage. and my amniotic fluid was low, straight away went TMC do CTG. if im not wrong, i think i might deliver earlier, hopefully is one week earlier..

sasha and Claire, I also has a lump, but it's right at the center of my right armpit. It's there after delivery too. Then I remember last time when I had a lump on my ear, my colleague taught me to use Zambak (the green ointment which is sold in pharmacy here) and it works again. The lump went away!

Claire, my gynae did the examination only for my 1st boy, but ended up my pelvic bone is very narrow (despite I'm big size, more 80kg when giving birth). So this time he dun even need to check, can confirm that baby will not engage, my cervic will not open... I went for csec straight away.

maymama: For milk supply, can try to eat more fish, or get the unripe papaya (the meat is white) and cook fish soup w it will help too.
Drinking hot milo might do the trick too, I was very grateful to the nurse in Mt A when my baby was re-admitted due to jaundice, she made milo for me everytime during my night feeding.
Last time when I was back to work with #1, I was afraid to drink hot milo cos my breasts felt like milk were "gushing" out!
Anyway, demand = supply, need to feed very often for the milk to kick in. My boy last time didn't have enough to drink, so ended up he drink every hour through the night... haha, just got to tahan if you wan TBF, else then supplement w formula but then supply won't come cos your body dunno that baby wants more. haha, I was very mean, I didn't buy any formula milk for my CL to feed my boy then and the 5 bottles of sample milk were untouched.
Anyway, our body is really amazing
happy.gif

Claire and bigdee: yup, I'm also delivering at tmc, taking 1 bedded. Hope the room is available. I don't like last min surprises. If there's no available room, we wil be sent to premier single bedded and we have to pay for higher room
charge right?

My gynae asked me not to eat too much fatty food Liao, cos Bb is about 3kg at 36 weeks plus. So I need to control my diet
sad.gif

hi all
i have always been a silent reader.. need some advice here !
my confinment lady just informed me that she cannot make it for my confinment ! and my schedule c-sect is 29 may .. but she assured me she has found someone for me to replace her.. what would u all do?
1) trust her again?
2) get another confinment lady?
3) do confinment on my own without help, order tingkat in worst senerio?

Hi mummies, sorry to interrupt. I have the following items for sale..

1. Preloved Tiny Love Take-Along Mobile, letting go at $30. Bought during Taka baby fair at $49.90, music, soft toy animals are all in tip top condition with no stain no wear & tear.

2. Full bumper cot, letting go at $28. Wash but never used, comes with fitted sheet, full cot bumper, 1 pillow & 2 bolsters.

3. Preloved Baby Love nursing pillow, letting go at $18. Used less than 5 times, condition is almost like new & the cover is machine washable.

4. Lucky baby milk bottles drying rack, letting go at $5. Wash but never used.

5. BNIB Pigeon Bottle & Baby Food Warmer, letting go at $35. It's brand new, received as gift but already had one.

6. BNIB Dr Brown 4oz Wide Neck milk bottle x 2 pcs, letting go $10 each or take both at $18.

7. BNIB Avent 9oz Wide Neck milk bottles x 2 pcs, letting go at $15 for both.

8. BNIB Vtech Grow & Ride on, letting go at $65.

Please PM or email me [email protected] for more info/pics if keen. Tks

Shermaine, I've heard from pple that their replacements are not so good. I suggest u take up the replacement 1st n in the meantime look for another CL. Probably also inform ur mom n in law c if worst case they can come over n tide over while u look for another CL if the recommended one cannot make it.

Congrats to all mummies who have given birth! ive been a silent reader all this while..haha

Im coming to 39 wks but as of last wk when i went for my checkup, my cervix is not open, the bb is not engage. Gynae was telling me maybe my bb will be overdue..(im due on 14 may) but she didn suggest induce and prefer to give the bb a chance to get engage naturally. I want to try natural birth.

When i spoke to a frd, she was telling me for my case, if by due date n still not engage and cervix not open, if induce, most likely i will end up emergency csect as it will not be easy for me to have natural birth.

Any1 has similar experience?...i was thinking if there's a possilbity for me to have emergency c-sect, i might as well choose c-sect nw..hmm

Ak,I thought we will be given free upgrade if there's no 1 bedder available.

Dolly, u still remember which week did ur gynae did the internal examination? My gynae says if I dont deliver by 39 weeks then she might check. I thought doing internal examination is good, can prepare mentally when to deliver.

Claire and Ak, there is no free upgrade if 1 bedder is not avail..When I gave birth last week, 1 bedder all full so we were offered the premier 1 bedder (somemore last one avail), we have to pay for the additional room charges which is about $108 per night..

With my emergency c sect, we paid a total of about $4.2k for me and baby for 3D2N in cash after medisave deduction..this includes everything the minute I was admitted, baby care, baby's pd, delivery charges and hospital charges..

maymama, if you are not comfy with the pd, perhaps change is good..I think Dr Wong is not bad also...you let me know if she is ok ya..

shermine, I faced the same issue as you did..the CL I have engaged did not manage to come and she found her good friend to do it for me. Luckily, this CL is very good too..Perhaps, you can get her replacement contact and speak to her to get to know her..

Has any mummy who popped open the account for baby bonus?? I am abit lost..can advise how to go about doing this? I heard there is one which the cash go straight into one of the parents' account and another which we can choose to open with OCBC or SC..

Claire: If I remember correctly, the examination could be week 39 or later, but he did it in the clinic and the final round is in the waiting ward of the delivery room.

Vone: For #1,I wanna natural also, but waited until week 41 still no engagement, so gynae gave me a choice to induce on the actual day or csec. I told him to do one more examination on the actual day, if cervix still not open, then csec straight away. So on the day itself, I had a so called emergency csec because cervix is not opened.

Mummies, any recommendation for shifu to pick baby's Chinese name? The one we asked went contactable for the past few days with no followup, really frustrating! Thanks in advance.
happy.gif

Vone: The cost for emergency csec is the same as normal csec leh... in fact, I didn't know it's emergency until this #2, when it's really "schedule" and I read from the health booklet that #1 is emergency... haha so sotong

BTW, I went for hospital tour of Mt A and the guide was telling us that for Mt A, if you tried for natural and ended up csec, they will not double charge you. not sure if she really know what she's talking though... but likely correct lah since she's the guide

Dolly..o is it! that would be nice, but ive heard of cases whereby they try natural but in the end ended up in emergency csect, the bill came up to $10k plus..

Hi all thanks for reply .. No the replacement is not recommended and I don't even know who she is recommanding .. no one can help me as in law and mother all working .. Looks like its safer for me to look for someone else ? At least I can interview the person .. anyone doing confinment on your own with older child and going for csect?

hi Claire, I also having itching tummy...Luckly I already very close to my EDD (14 May).Later will go to do scanning. My bb not yet fully engage at last week.Hopefully she is engage this time round and doctor dont check my cervic opening as this will cause bleeding and contraction
sad.gif

Chai, we share the same EDD! same as u, my bb also not engage..gynae did an internal examination and told me my cervix not even open..=(

I keep going to the toilet for poo poo since Sun.
4 times on Sun / twice yday and today...duno if there will be more....usually its only once a day for me...
Is anyone else experiencing this also ?

DolceVita, I experience e same thing too! N it's like loose stools.. Stomach pain on n off.. Wonder if it's a sign of labour

Back