(2012/05) May 2012

hi Claire I agree with u.Sometime the itching is unbearable and I found out it released when I use my wet hand to touch the itching area. u may try if u want.
Vone, yes we share the same EDD. I plan to tell doctor later dont do the cervix check (if he plan to do) and if I m not open after the EDD then direct do c-set(like Dolly).My doctor only allow overdue 3 days after EDD.
Dolce, I think is normal. coz I also go for poo more than 2 per days during this few weeks. I think better than constipation and diarrhea. lol...

Vone,

I also experience stomach pain on off...
Wondering if indeed this is a symptoms of labour ? hahahahaha...
This waiting game is making us paranoid =)

Chai,
Glad to know im not the only one..mine just started this week, true that this is better than constipation...hahahahha

ha sometimes im wondering if the bb is growing bigger hence pressing onto our intestines, that's y we keep going poo poo few times a day.

confinement
do we necessary have to stay at home during the one full month of confinement? i read some that bb has jaundice after a few days got admitted, so the mother no choice has to leave the house to go with bb to hospital? my sis getting married 2 weeks later. though my edd is 28 may, im afraid my lil one cannot wait and come out earlier.. do u gals think i can still attend her wedding during my confinement period?

Claire & AK: Would have delivered in TMC too if I were in SG
happy.gif

Lump: I think it's normal cause of the production of the breastmilk, and as long as it doesn't seem to look or feel weird. You can try to massage gently around it.

Milk supply: I agree with Dolly. Eating white fish (esp in soup form) definitely helps. And for me, I also enjoy a hot cup of Milo or tea to help. And if all else fails, then try Fenugreek.

Confinement: Unfortunately can't advise as I never practice it for any of my kids and my mother doesn't believe in it either. She just makes sure I get my post-natal massage sorted and that I keep warm.

Dolce Vita & Vone: Frequent loose stools are definitely a sign that your body is preparing to go into labour. So watch out for cramping and backpains consecutively. Hopefully it's not long more. The waiting game is not fun at all!

I agree with Dolce that this waiting game is making us so paranoid especially for 1st time mummy. Feel so heavy, can't wait to deliver n shed off the bb weight.

These days I can't stand too long doing housework. Sigh

Chai: Yes agree wt Vone. Different gynae have different opinions and also depends on the size of your baby. I know some women who are 2 weeks overdue yet still manage to deliver naturally.

Claire: Don't overthink too much, just keep yourself busy and occupied. Am in total nesting mode so am cleaning house left right and centre.

My edd is on 13may..the doctor says if bb don't come out on edd then need to
1) induce via pill insert and wait. Need to admit 12am to labour ward
2) he break the water bag in the morning when I go hospital
Does anyone been given same advice? Do you know which is more expensive?

Hi cottagehut,
My edd is 16may.. Usually induce via pill i heard takes quite long for cervix to open, break water bag shd be faster? Hmm not sure tou.. My gynae says for me if by nxt appt not out will hav to decide if induce or wait, he can allow me to be overdue by 1 wk latest.. Most prob i'll opt for that, but waiting is really tiring, hopefully bb can come out naturally by 40wk..
All mummies jiayou! Pls share on signs of labor, me only hav been pooing more lately, not sure if its a sign, other than dat no sign yet, gynae oso nvr do internal examination..

@dolly&sasha, thank you for sharing. I have heard about that fishsoup with unripe papaya...is it any fish will do or specific fish?...

littledotty, went to see Dr Wong. she is not too bad and quite caring. she spent time to answer our questions and provide explaination, so i might stick to her for a while. I understand from friends that SC seems to provide better interest compare to OCBC, you may want to check it out. I have yet to open the account cos can't settle dd name yet... btw, will u jab with Ai tin or go poly for the jab?

claire,i know it hard but try doing something to distract would help, like sasha, nesting feeling usually kick in so keep yourself busy with cleaning will help, dont focus too much with delivery...

wu py, yes, i fot the same dr. advise and i got it both for my delivery...not sure on the cost but think it is step by step... not a choice (i might be wrong)

mummis, any of you with cordlife?

Maymama> I've signed up with cord life, took the 21 yrs plan. U need to sign up quickly since edd is nearing. By right suppose to sign 4/6 wks before edd.
There is a booth to sign up with OCBC for CDA at TMC. You can use this to subsidy half of the plan cost.

On confinement I've siged up with PEM. Initially wanted to go direct but friend advised if nanny last min can't make it then I'm stranded without a replacement or you might not be comfortable with that replacement cos not tried and tested.
I paid extra $200 to book the nanny which my friend used. I visited her during her confinement and kind of interviewed her. Comfortable with her style so settled for her.

Maymama: Make sure the fish does not have high mercury levels, like tilapia, sole or cod. Personally I recommend salmon.

Breastfeeding: Mummies must also remember to not stress too much because that too will affect the milk supply and always remember, supply equals demand. So even if your baby does not wake up for feeds or does not feed well, express to keep supply going.

just came bk from gynae. ctg done ytd was normal, but my amniotic fluid is at 7cm.. so he asked me to do ctg again this thurs and go back see him on fri again to see if my fluid gets any better. if still low, then he has to induce me this weekend. which means i might give birth SOON!

anyone can share if induction has a high possibility of going in emergency c-sect?

hi lingger, jiayou! now is ur bb choosing the date to come out. maybe the date will be a better date. my fren's bb overdue by 2 days. she was induced one day after edd but the bb choose to come out 2 days later (she was in 28 hours labor). but heard that the date that her bb choose to come out is a better day. dun be too stress on urself.

maymama: glad you are comfortable with Dr Wong, I am quite ok with Dr Ang, guess will stick to her for jabs first till baby is older then perhaps can look for someone nearer.. think first baby more careful and gan chiong..

thanks for the info! I am gng back to Thomson to review the wound, and shall go to the counter to take a look...

CONGRATULATIONS ALL MAY MUMMIES! :D

To Mummies who intend to Breastfeed their babies for short-term!
eg. intending to stop after resuming to work

this is also very ideal for mummies who were not sure which breastpumps suits them the most - rent & try it out then purchase a new set!

Why pay hundreds of dollars for a breast pump which u will only use for a few months? Consider renting MEDELA breast pumps from us at affordable rates!

We have PIS, PISA, Swing & Mini Electric for rent!

Alternatively, pls pm / whatsapp / sms to 9879 5299 for faster response!
Happy Breastfeeding, Mummies / Mummies-to-be! Strive on!

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- BN Playskool busy balls patterns & colours $15
- BN Pigeon breastmilk storage bottles (3pcs) $10
- BN Pigeon S sized teat (standard neck) $2.50
- BN Pigeon M sized teat (wide neck) $3.00
- BN Nuk Anti colic wide neck teat 1 0-6m (silicone) $5
- Tiny Love Musical Mobile $65
- 2 boxes of Tollyjoy napkin liners 200 pcs $10
- 2 tins of NAN 2 400g (exp Oct'12) $20
- Avent twin electronic breast pump full set $350
- Avent refill 10 cups (240ml) $18, with lids $25
- Medela Mini Electric breast pump full set $105
- 2 tins of Mamil Gold 400g (exp Nov'13) $20
- 2 Pigeon pacifier for 8mth+ $7

Kindly PM me if keen/ for pics, thanks!
happy.gif

Thanks big dee!
I was thinking she can come out today same bdae as my mum but no sign still, haha. I really quite reluctant to induce cos so far those induce like always end up v long n tiring, wait at home like better option.. At least not so stress up..

Any idea if doc break water bag wil feel any pain?

Phyllis, i have signed up just 24hrs before deliver cos miss out this item. The sales person said if i have friend using cordlife, i can submit the name to them so that both will entitle for $50 voucher, somehow none of my firend at my age using cordlif. pls PM me if you want me to put your name for the voucher...of course without name means i myself also not getting it heehee..

Sasha, thank you. went for my first pade appt yesterday and dr. recommended for fenurgreek seed, hope this help but hor, i will also try the recommended soup lar....

littledotty, glad to hear that dr. ai tin is ok with you...yeh lor! first kid a bit more gan chiong...what to do a first child mum...

lingger, when dr. break my water, i just felt discomfort rather than pain(just a bit of pain) but the contraction will start to be more intense after that...

Anybody know the cost of induce vs doctor break water bag?
I have opt for the later.
Doctor asked me to go hospital at 7am, though I prefer earlier..hope after break, bb comes out fast.
Having right side backache today..Is this sign of labour?

lingger: You won't feel any pain when they break your water bag. Just a slight prick perhaps. But as Maymama mentioned, your contractions will be more intense after.

Maymama: Yes, Fenugreek is also helps. I've never tried it before but have friends who swear by it. See what works best for you. Btw, green leafy vegetables (spinach esp) also helps
happy.gif

Chai: The show as in the mucus plug? The blood should be red but not fresh, more towards dark red-brownish.

Phyllis, got your message and sent yr name to them, hope not too late and will let u know if they ask for anything else.

Claire: he says 10cm is good, 5cm is abnormal n 7 cm needs close monitoring. Im now seeing him every week but bcos of this, i saw him on Mon, tues n is gg to see him again on Fri. He scare the water not enuff n bb has the tendency to compress the umbilical cord..

Big dee, I read on Internet that it's normal for amniotic fluid to decrease after week 37. I see it as a good sign to be able to deliver soon.

Any mommies know 1st pregnancy tend to deliver earlier?

Claire, the ppl I knew, with their first pregnancy, deliver one week earlier. So I was expecting mine to deliver earlier as well.

May I know how your gynae knew the level of amniotic fluid present in us? Done any test or just judge by the ultrasound scan? My gynae didn't tell me anything regarding the amniotic fluid. He just say now see him once every week.

Also, fr the admission letter, we will get from our clinic assistant right?

Hi Ak, the clinic assistant gave me the gynae letter for preregistration at about week 36 or 37. My gynae will take measurements of the black areas during the ultrasounds and tell me that there's enough water for the baby.

I went for my gynae appt yesterday and found out that my cervix is abt 1 cm opened. There's brownish pink blood stain last night and this morning.

So now I'm not sure if the blood stains are due to the cervix check yesterday or is the bloody show... Previous checks didn't cause any bleeding tho.

AK- thank you!
She is my first child.

2May - I had pinky mucus plug went down to gynae and he did a check but cervic not open yet so was asked to go home and monitor.

3May - the color change from pink to brownish

4May - the color change from brownish to abit reddish and it's like menses dripping down.

Reached TMC ard 6+am, midwife checked cervic i was 1.5cm dilated already. I was asked to put on drip to speed up the dilation. I didnt feel any pain even when I'm 4cm dilated but i asked for epidural as my torlerance for pain is close to zero.
My whole labour process took 13hrs.

Eunice Koh: Congrats! Are you doing breastfeeding? If you are, then dun worry about how much baby drinks, as long as baby poos and pees regularly. My #1 was on TBF for the 1st 6 months, and direct latch on till I was back to work, so I never know how much he actually drinks when he was a baby, but guess my supply was not that high or he was a big eater (born 3.75kg) he feeds almost every hour. My #2 is born much smaller, 2.91kg (csec on 37+ week instead), and probably my breask was pretty good at producing milk after 21 months of bf previously, she drinks every 3 hour on a pretty regular basis.

Claire: Guess it depends, for my first pregnancy, my baby delivered by csec on 41 weeks

Wah, eunice, your whole delivery process took 13hrs! omg..

actually,i was wondering if we can feel anything if we are dilating. Cos im feeling uncomfy down as well. Not sure if my body is starting to dilate.

Eunice, me too! Edd 16 may but came out 4 may! Mine is a baby boy.

Ak, mine also did not mention anything about the a. Fluid too... Hmm...

Dime, the Huggins s size cutting is smaller.. I got pampers newborn size, and my cl showed me.. Pampers new born size is bigger than Huggies s size..

From what I gather... The volume of milk is incremental and differs from baby to baby.. Like from 50 to 60 den then to 90ml. My 5 day bb drinking 60ml accordingly to my cl. So it's u to the baby see how much can they drink... Then if hungry still can slowly increase...

hi ak, maymay is right. from the u/s, the black areas are the fluid surrounding the bb. based on dr's experience, they will know whether our fluid is sufficient or not.

claire: yes i did read from the internet that at last few weeks low amniotic fluid is common but it should not be something that we can deem it as "normal". normally if index reduced to 5cm, dr will need to induce or c-sect as early as possible. hence for my case, he is monitoring very closely that it will not drop to abnormal level.

i oso heard that first preg will tend to deliver earlier, abt 1-2 weeks earlier. but i got 2 frens whose bb are overdue and hence both need to be induced in the end. so i think it really depends on individual case.

Dolly - i started bf since day one till date.
daytime i will latch on and since she drinks every 4hrs i will pump every 2hrs after she latches.
Nighttime she will drink from bottle and i give her 3ml.

AK- I think i am lucky in a way that i dnt feel any pain and some of my friends labour process is even longer than me.
Actually during that period i had this on off aching type of pain ard cervic area.

Congrats eunice and ayana!
happy.gif

You are already feeding 80ml? wow..my bb drinking 60ml and I thought it is alot already..haa.. but he drinks every 1.5hrs, guess it is becoz breastmilk is easily digested..

Littledotty-thank you.
Haha i dnt know if its too much for her but if i dnt give her this amt she cant slp well and keeps crying .
Guess i have to ask doc for advice i am getting paranoid.

congrat eunice and ayana...

80 and 60ml, wah! my gal has a lot to catch up then, she is only sometime take 60ml, most of the time 30-40ml and almost every hr or 1.5hr she cry for milk if she take this much. if she take 60ml, she can sleep for 3.5-4hrs. I hope she can catch up with this amt so i can rest more
happy.gif
..she is now 5days old...

mummies, which bank is better for CDA leh between ocbc and sc? i heard sc better interest but has no time to check it outyet.

Back