(2012/05) May 2012

Rabbitz: I think the weight of baby plays a part in whether a natural or c sect. That's y my sister keep reminding me not to eat that much, else if baby gets too big, gotta c sect.

Anyone here having pain on the feet? Feel extremely uncomfortable with the pain.

AK, eat too much aso scared too big, eat lesser, scared baby too small and not absording well lol ..

Candymix, share your lobang for the silk gowns!

Rabbit, I do hope I can deliver on week 38 cos I simply can't wait to meet baby! hehe

Sasha: yes I'm with dr tham.

Yingzz: I dunno leh, kkh keeps giving me cold food and steam fish which my bb hates..do naturally no appetite..but maybe there is difference as I'm not kkh parent and admitted fr emergency observation and I chose subsidized ward cos scared preterm n very ex mah..I think A class ward will be better. At least my Sis in law said it's ok, quite gd during her delivery there.

On the contrary, I got friend who stayed in mt A and the hubby complains food not nice..it's subjective bah..

Dolly: yah actually if got gestation diabetes, high chance in future will kena diabetes lor..

Rabbitz: yah I also read cannot use lemongrass during preg but somebody told me it's ok 1..supposed we cannot drink lemongrass stuff but imagine u eat Thai food, everything uses lemongrass..?

Ginger cream? Ok bah, I read only first wk cannot eat too much ginger cos pass to bb thru BM..

Also will u all really not drink plain water during confinement? Cos red date Longan very heaty right? Then will constipate or even have piles..?

My mum said must wear LS pants n tops n socks with no aircon n fan..wah think will overheat...I don't think it's a must but wearing socks- a must?

I found my silk (more cooling) PJs in Chinatown..u know Chinatown CK? behind CK got this market on level 1...need to walk all the way in, pass by all the wedding sticker shops and go pass the main escalator where there is a lingerie shop..

Then it's at the back last row facing nearer the temple..she has many types of robes and PJs..the button down dress is 1 for $7, 2 for $10..robes range from $12-25 and her separates long pants n button top is $15 per set..the lady told me many people buy for their hospital delivery..like her robes leh, very nice kimono style..can wear at home during confinement too since material is silk..Cos confinement very hot..

Candymix,
Actually if follow strictly muz wear long sleeve top n long pants n socks la. But with our hot weather I think it's crazy la.
The last time I nvr wear socks but wear those cover slippers for home.
This time round I gt my mom to buy all short sleeve tops n 3/4 pants. Those set kind. Not even button down tops lor. Cos I think quite troublesome to hv to open the buttons wen need bf. Just lift up top is easier for me.

Thanks Candymix!

btw, where will you guys go buy the herbs for confinement? Besides places like ZTP and Hock Hua, do you have any rec on good and cheap places?

Lemongrass -

Hmmm... This is wat I know abt lemongrass. I hv been using it in my burner occassionally while im pregnant.

There hv been inconclusive tests on lab rats (they were injected) which caused them to be vry slightly less fertile. But the dosage tt we may use for burning or in products will not contribute to any negative effects on pregnancy.

As it may tend to irritate skin, it has been advised to avoid using it during pregnancy cos skin tends to be more sensitive while pregnant.

As food, it tends to stir heartburn so I avoid it due to this.

>> Candymix
I am choosing B1 ward.. hopefully food wont be that bad :p

my mum says not suppose to drink plain water.. she already buy all the red dates etc le.. so i guess i will follow what she says.. cos she says must take care of body during confinement.. if not "when you grow old then you know"..

>> Ayana
my mum bought the herbs from Yue Hwa (Chinatown).. not sure if its cheaper than other places though..

>> momobaby and Jazzlyne
yes i also feel tired easily now in third trimester.. like feel sleepy around 10am le..

>> sasha
water birth.. so exciting.. keep us updated :D

candymix: why not wear with slippers? if not can get no slip socks cum bedroom slippers from daiso..
happy.gif

I didnt eat a lot or put on much weight (<10kg till now at 32w). If i ask gynea, he sure say can try natural even if baby big, but i worry end up emergency c-section and pay extra :z

Actually the confinement shower gel from the BP is popular cos many people find it very refreshing (cos it contain lemongrass)? I am jus thinking peppermint shower gel also very refreshing, and this brand called 'original source' they have a lemon shower gel also v fresh. Maybe these are good alternatives too?

Jazzlyne: Personally for me, I find it best to tell the gynae my preferred method of delivery so you can work together with him/her to achieve that etc. But also need to be open to changes in siuation on the actual day
happy.gif

Sleepiness/tiredness: Am definitely feeling it too for the past 2 weeks, especially in the afternoon. And it's not like I do anything rigorous, except go for classes. Also, this past week I have been having trouble getting up in the morning even though I have been sleeping at the same time daily.

Chocolateteddy: Thanks for the link. How did I miss that? :p

Rabbitz: If your baby is big, then I think it's a touch and go situation. But I think as long as baby is not more than 4kg plus, you should be able to attempt for a normal delivery. If your baby's head is big, you might need require forceps or vacuum. It also depends how long you have been in labour and how your baby is doing then, most gynaes give about 10-12 hours for mothers to attempt normal delivery (if they are pro-natural). Would definitely recommend talking to your gynae about this and your concerns.

Binder: Def recommend it if you go through with a C-Sect. Really helped me a lot I feel
happy.gif

Not sure about other mummies, but my 1st born came just short of 37 weeks. Like you I also have not put on much weight (also less than 10 kg) but seems like baby is taking most of that as she
seems to be grwoing steadily
happy.gif

Yingz: Was in B1 class at KKH last time and food wasn't that bad at all. My hubby was impressed. And yes, will def update about the water birth *fingers cross*

Ayana >> you can go to Si Ma Lu at bugis to buy ... those medical halls at level 2 above the hawker centre ... I'll be goin to get mine this weekend ..

So far hw much hav ur spend on the herbs ?

M trying to pack part of my hospital bag now but m stuck as to wat to bring for bb's clothes. I hv all these lists but still quite lost.
Any mummies can let me know wat u brought for ur bb from ur previous deliveries?

Hi chocoteddy, for my #1, I packed a set of nb bb clothes for discharge, swaddle wrap, mitten and booties. That's all I guess..;) any other mummies can enlighten? Mine was abt 3.5years ago...

Candymix: dun mention
happy.gif
juz happened I saw it n ask her if got stock heehee. Good lobang got to share
happy.gif

For newborn I follow the list given by my gyne. First time mum, so follow the list strictly haahaa but KS abit bought extra clothing for bb, 2 set of mitten n booties haahaa of coz prepared A wrap for bb.

Hey mummies, ask u all ah..u know it's recommended once bb is born that he is being put to the boobs to latch on n suckle right..cos his rooting reflex will be strongest..

But what is hr/ she sucking? If no colostrum then how? Will bb cry? How long he is supposed to be on the breast for this initial bd?

Erm... Dun laugh but I dunno wat kind of clothes to pack... Sleepsuits, bodysuits, long or short sleeve top, long pants etc.... Wat shld bb wear to go home? Everywhere says "going-home" clothes but not exactly wat kind of clothes leh...

Or m I just being too particular?? Hahaha!!!

chocolateteddy: my mum ask me to pack normal short sleeve, no pants kind of romper for baby... but the tie-ing kind, not the button kind coz the tummy thingy haven drop, she scare i have difficulty button-ing the clothes... and since got the swaddle, it doesn't matter sleeves or not, coz lardy all wrap up... haha!! mittens and booties... but actually doesn't matter since baby will be swaddled... heehee...

ChocTeddy,

Are u giving birth in TMC? If so, then no need to bring baby going home clothes as TMC will dress them in "I am a Thomson Baby" . i think its button front top and shorts

i think most hospital will provide for baby... but just in case, just bring a set in case you just don't like the hospital's or... unforeseen circumstances... suddenly dirty? i don't know... haha! no harm packing it in since its not very heavy.. bring more better than not enough.. :D

Baby's dressing upon discharge: As per what the other mummies said, just a set of NB size or 0-3mths clothes (could be seperates or sleepsuit/jumpsuit etc). It's personal preference really. Mittens, booties or socks and cap to keep head warm. Also swaddle cloth or hooded towel
happy.gif

Candymix: Yes, if you plan to breastfeed, definitely recommend to place baby direct on the chest after delivery so he can start suckling. But in SG, they would usually weigh and do the Apgar test before letting you spend time with baby.

Don't stress about not having milk supply etc in the first few hours. The baby's suckling is the action that will help to produce the milk so keep trying. The duration is entirely up to you but most newborn babies sleep a lot in the first week or so and may even have to be woken up for feeding.

Choc Teddy,

Mt A? Then u also will get a free bath tub. lol.

2nd time mummies, I heard we should get a toy for our #1 to tell them this is from their sibling. H ave you guys prepare ?

I am still thinking what can i buy for my #1.... any suggestions?

Aiyo have u all read online news? So scary, child kidnappings in Singapore...even happened to my friend whose DD is just learning to walk..at compass point

Apparently quite a bit of attempted cases in amk and bukit panjang..2 successful cases in Tampines and simei..the one at Tampines happens just across my house in front of primary school!

This morning drove past and saw many cars entering the school compound, guess parents are worried..

My stupid hubby even frighten me that they will snatch babies from hospitals, making me paranoid

I also worried they will snatch from hospital... My hubby also say that to me... Wah like that how to sleep at night in hospital..

Hi mummies... I don't see impression disposable panties at BHH but another brand under sorella called flency... Watson also have their house brand... Anyone used it before?

Oh and do youall happen to have contact for company who does newborn hands and feet mould? Thought of doing that since its once in a life time... Hee...

Hi keiko, i got my impressions at marina square john little. Nursing bra $9.90 only. Wear at home type. The disposables are at the cashier racks. $5.50..

As for the company tat does bb mould, i duno the name but they have an outlet at kkh. U may wanna google the merchant listings at kkh then u can find liaozz.

HTHs

Choc Teddy,

The bath tub very small de....can't use for long. Saw
Many ppl giving away . I bought from KP this dunno what brand and my 3 yr old gal still sometimes like to "swim" inside as she wanna wash her toys . I think the size good and have anti slip for NB too. I try to find pix then upload to secret FB to share.
happy.gif

Kayla: Yes, you are right. This will help to reduce jealousy. And you don't have to get anything fancy, perhaps something that you know #1 will enjoy. Also, when #2 comes, if you have extra help, I would recommend that instead of spending time with the new baby, get the help to take care of the baby and you spend time with #1 instead, esp after confinement. Some one-on-one time so that #1 does not feel left out
happy.gif

Rabbitz, cant use the confinement lemongrass shower gel during pregnancy? Oh dear, i these few days been using leh! The smell is so shiok!

Momo's Baby: Thanks for the info!
happy.gif
i think i found the KKH place who does the mould too... ;D

I actually lazily went ahead to get from Tangs, same price but the plus size is not very big, and i bought normal size too which look tiny compared to what i'm wearing... -_- totally regret... ill be hardworking and head down to John Little soon for impression...

Candymix: Thanks for the link! I was still wondering what does TMC provides... was packing my hospital bag and i think i brought like my whole wardrobe.. LOL! need to use a luggage.. ahhahahah..!

Chocolateteddy, when admitted for delivery I think nurse will give hospital gown. I saw my SIL, colleagues and friends also the same regardless which hospital.
After that wear own pyjamas during the stay.

For Mt A, I check before, delivery time is hospital gown. After gif birth and switch to ward can change to own PJ.

Not too sure if other hospital the same
happy.gif

Back