(2012/05) May 2012

Yingz, think we have the same dry shampoo! I got the binder from Newmummy but not ginger cream. I am afraid if u apply the cream with binder, it might cause blisters. My friend tried and she had blisters, worse. Plus, if u scratch after birth, stretchmarks will also appear. Thats how mine came about, sob sob.... So i will just stick to binder only since my tummy also went flat after binding for 1 mth.

Kayla: you're right... I just checked and yes, ML can only start before or on the day of delivery... :/ ill revise my leaves then...

Mrs Ho: I'm not sure how long do we have to schedule our appt now that we are at the last month... coz last time he sees me after 4 weeks, but the previous appt, he wants me to schedule the next after 3 weeks...

newbie: AL is our own leaves, can take anytime isn't it? and yes, i think i need to forfeit my PH too.. haha!! lugi 2 days... my EDD is 6th may, near to you guys too... but ya, i thought 1.8kg at 34 weeks is OK since baby will keep growing? but preserver!! you can do it! i'll pray that all our babies grow just nice to pop... not too big, not too small, just the right size for us to push him / her out...

Kayla:
Aiyo, so many Idas... The one I use is actually recommended by someone here much earlier. This Ida stays in bedok n has 3 or 4 kids, think she's in her late 40s... Anyone know this Ida n did post natal w her before?

Went to guardian just now but saw klorane oat shampoo but not dry oats shampoo. Got difference right? It says rinse once enough..or is it the same, yingzz?

>> candymix
Oops yeah i think its the same - gentle dry shampoo w oat milk..Is this the one u saw? Just took the bottle out to chk.. Just now was based on wat my sis rem..

>> keiko
Me too.. Doc schedule nxt appt in 3 weeks instead of usual 4 werks.. Think prob more frequent since we are about to give birth~ so exciting!!

>> babyL
Thanks!! Mayb diff ppl skin condition diff.. Guess can try and if skin cannot take it then stop? Cos somehow the cream looks tempting to me.. Still considering the binder though..

>> jamu lady
I must start booking soon! My sis says the gd one usually get booked up fast.. Must remind myself to get contacts from colleague..

Keiko,

Last appt I saw Dr Tham is @ 34 weeks and he say see me in 2 weeks' time. Maybe he remembers I popped at 38 weeks' for #1 , so he see me sooner ?

Any mummies here like me baby haven't head down @35 weeks ?

Was seeing gynae every 3 weeks, last Sat he told me to visit him every week. All my weekend gone!

Massage lady, I found Sharina from the what to sell page, but she no longer advertise there. She's quite good, tried her once, and booking her again this Sunday

Yingzz, yeah... It does look tempting. U can try but dun apply too much in case u cant take the heat. Plus with the sweat and hotness during confinement, try to keep it clean. I bought shower gel and binder from her. Heard the Futuro brand at Unity also gd but almost double the price.

I was seeing doctor every 4 weeks, then reduce to every 3 weeks, then last week 32, he asked me to see him 2 weeks later at week 34. He said when even nearer to EDD will be every week appt already.

zp1503, initially I wanted to hold it outside just like you. But after much consideration, I decided to hold it at home, so less logistics to take care of..

My last apptm with gynae was last Wed, when Im at my 31 week. Next apptm is 2 weeks later, at my 33 weeks. Already starting to see him every 2 weeks. =)

Ive already booked my massage lady early this year, kiasu.
Recommend by a fren n had tried her for #1. sensitive to her special jamu oil, so just use normal oil to massage and bind.
Her rates are $500 for 7 sessions, $700 for 10 sessions including 1 free full body scrub.
Eash session is 90min include tummy binder and full body slim wrap with herbs.
Price abit steep but i see effect after a week of bind.
After which Im not diligent enough to continue with the binding..hahaha

Actually, since Vesak Day 5th May falls on Saturday, we will not lugi cos most companies will credit one day to our AL (if Sat is a non-workday).

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/planningyourbabysbirth/babyinpositionforbirth/

Mummies for babies haven't head down: am sharing the link with u above..thought might be useful..

Yingzz: does your shampoo say "dry"? Cos the 1 I saw didn't write "dry"..So I didn't buy..

There are many times of binders so take your time to get 1 bah..ginger cream can use for many things like back aches or use it to slim thighs n butts, arms etc if u r not comfortable with tummy..but I read an article from a female Gynae, if c section use binder will be good to hold the stitches in place when moving up n down the bed

Have more questions regarding sterilizers, I tried using mine yesterday, leaving all the breast pump parts in the sterilizer for a few hours to leave them sterile ... what I notice is that they remain wet throughout. So do most mummies take them out and dry them on a dryer rack? But wouldn't they no longer be sterile after we take them out?

Pardon the silly question, a first time mum has no idea how this works.

yumii,
no need to dry them out. i immediately take out and close. probably just need to dry the outer part.

ayana,
yes that's how it is usually - for me up to 7 months i'm seeing gynae once a month. during 9mth will be once every 2 weeks and last month once a week.

re binder, honestly i could not tahan wearing the bind for whole day. i wear only till afternoon then i took it off when taking a shower :p my massage lady last time nag me a lot and told me should tahan until the next morning. but it was really uncomfortable.

re:maternity pads,
Just bought 1 pack of kotex with adhesive to use initially. Will then change to the overnight cotton pads. I only bought 3 packets in total. Hopefully enough!

re:thermometer,
I have both the ear one (pigeon brand) and the infrared one. Agree that infrared not that accurate but it will be useful to take temp particularly at night so as not to disturb the baby/kids. Another reason why I bought it is so that I can take measurement every morning for my son prior to going to school. If I use the ear one - will be wasting a lot of cover so in the end cheaper
happy.gif

re:nursing bra,
I haven't got mine yet but I'll be getting from spree. During my #1, I bought some cheap bras for night time from CK dept store at Kovan/Chinatown. Very cheap and can survive 1 year which is more than enough. But these days seems like nursing bras from spree are much nicer so I wanna give it a try.

re: pump for delivery,
Did not bring pump during #1, and I requested for full breastmilk so the nurse will brign baby over every 2-3 hours. Anyways, latch on should be able to stimulate breastmilk better and frist few days the BM will not be a lot.

tute, for the ear thermomter, I did not buy extra covers cos only baby himself using it, at most just clean it with swap that's all. I dun think its a must to use the cover right.

yumii, the wet liquid inside is ok, cos its sterile water. if you don't like it, can use the sterlized tongs to shake excess water away first lor.

big_dee: We have the same EDD, 28th May.

Are you ladies all done with the nursery set up? Am doing final touches and driving me a tad mad :p

sasha: yeah! where are u giving birth? while other mummies here are more or less getting into situation and going into full term... me and you officially have 2 more months to wait.. *neck long*

nursery
i have not started it at all.. hb "pandan".. dun wana do renovations and painting at this moment.. so hav to wait after confinement then can doll up my darling's room.

breastpump
i heard some mummies will bring along their pump to work and pump in the toilet.. will there be any contamination involved in the process cos it's in the toilet...?

Vesak day off in lieu> I think it depends on a company basis. Previous time when I went on maternity leave, I remember I was being credited the off in lieu for a public holiday that happen to fall on a sat. So this time I planned for a
Csect on 3 may thinking I should get the one day? But if really din get than too bad Liao :p

Sasha, big dee my edd also around yours on 27 may :)

Should be one of the last few to give birth muhahaha...

Should be at tmc:) hope the food is nicer than kkh which I tried..

Hi mummies!
I went doc appt today n doc said bb is 2.5kg liao! I so scared I hv to deliver her when she is 3.5 or more! Pain sia! Her head is down too. Looking at things, m guessing I'll be due earlier... 37 or 38 weeks?

yingzz: oohh... exciting! I would love to see my gyane often coz I wana see the baby.. LOL!

Kayla: Oh great! the next time I see him ill be week 35. Meaning I can schedule on our high tea day and get a MC if he dont give me my 2 weeks MCs.. LOL!

dolly: you cant see him on weekdays, and ask for MC when you visit him?

rabbitz: mine school's was officially put on a Monday as PH for the vesak day, so no in lieu...

-tute: i bought the kotex with adhesive too... but i bought 2 packs plus 2 packs of the loop one coz loop cheaper.. i think ill put loop ON the normal wings ones, and throw the loop one everytime its soiled... coz thou the other one with adhesive, but no wings... first 2 weeks i'm afraid the flow will be very heavy...

nursery - I'm still staying with my parents.. my poor girl have no nursery.. she will sleep beside us, or we will put her to the living room.. haha..

chocolateteddy: wow! so what's doc advice for you? I've started to gain weight again after losing the last time i see my gynae.. i hope the baby's not growing too much.. if not i'm going to get it from him... :/

newbie: M 34 weeks now.

Keiko: He din gv any advise leh... in fact we had to ask him how heavy is bb now. I brought it up to him if i might deliver earlier than 40 weeks and he like din comment much... Like telling me let nature take its course. My doc seems so funny lor hahaha!!!

>> disposable bed mats
ooh i saw from my colleague list of things to buy is disposable bed mats.. can standby last trimester to prevent stains from waterbag / blood.. can get from Unity / Guardian.. ^^

>> xin2
hello, are you felicia?

>> rabbitz
my sis did reuse some of the filters for the thermometer.. i guess as long as no infection in ears should be ok to reuse if clean by antiseptic wipes?

>> candymix
i hope KKH's food wont be too bad!! cos i am going to be there..

For the dry shampoo u tink one of the spree is selling. The newmummy spree. She selling the ginger dry shampoo. I intend to get it from her.

Candymix: u are correct about the c-sec and binder! My gynae gift me the binder on the first morning after delivery and said I can't get out of bed without it. Ended up that binder too small for me, so got to buy one from MtA.

Keiko: I visit gynae with hubby, so can only do so on sat. But for #1, the frequency increased to every 3 days towards the last week, so by then got to take MC

chococlateteddy: no worries, actually the heavier baby is the easier to handle ;)

rabbitz: hehe, I keep reusing the same cap for the thermometer, anyway the Braun won't work if no cap on

Ginger cream: I got the ginger cream, shower gel and the Braun thermometer from her. The ginger cream I use on my back now, provide some relieve but it's only HOT when I'm warm or sweating a bit, otherwise dun feel anything.

yep, i also heard chubby baby easier to handle coz not so soft... but its the delivery process that's scary.. i'm also scare... :/ coz gynae kept reminding me that diabetics babies always shoulder too big... cannot natural.. :/

dolly:
really? how do u mean easier? I only thinking of the birthing part cos big sure means more pain down there eventually.... eeeaarrrr.....

Keiko:
but when i test for diabeties, its negative leh... m bit worried tho doc din seem fazed at all

chocolateteddy: negative means you don't have diabetics or? if no diabetics i think its fine.. only with diabetics then its a bit worrying....

keiko:
negative = no diabeties. But i eat quite abit of sweet stuff. Thinking if I shld just eat alittle less now... I very scared bb big n i hv difficulty pushing...

Jazz: I asked newmummy many times already, she said her dry shampoo out of stock for quite long already.

Keiko: yah dr tham is pro natural that's y I think he keep nagging cos bb too big always tend to c sect..alternatively he told me (or I read somewhere) is to break the baby's collar bone or shoulder so that bb don't get stuck..

Sounds scary but I'm diabetic fr this preg so am quite scared too that bb is too big..or didn't turn..

my appointment is on sat, hopefully he won't nag for once..surprisingly kkh told me my bb is ok leh for the weight..

Oh finally found my silk hospital nightgowns hehehe!! Cheap cheap only!! 2 for $10bucks and robes $10+

chocolateteddy: then its fine, you don't have to worry... ;)

candymix: thats good to hear, that Dr Tham is pro natural... coz i really wana go natural too... yeah, i heard abt the breaking collarbone.. coz baby's bone very easy to heal back... but still, sounds very scary.... my next appt is next thurs, i can't wait to see him soon... coz i gain weight again.. don't know if its ok or not... :/

chocolateteddy: hehe, I myself was born > 4kg, so didn't expect baby to be too small. Anyway, because baby didn't engaged even at 41 weeks, and gynae said my pelvic too small (even I big size) baby was delivered using c-sec. Now he still say my #2 will be c-sec as well. My gynae is an experienced one which delivered for my auntie and my cousin naturally, else I'd have thot that he's pro-Csec

Candymix: Need to be carefully and hope that your GD will be gone after delivery. My mum is diabetic so I've 50% chance of being diabetic as well, just keeping my fingers crossed

Thanks Keiko & dolly, calming down n less worried but still scared pain... hahahaha!!!

Just info for u girls... I was telling my doc tt if i really need a c-sect, pls knock me out completely n he said will be up to aesthetician but recovery is better with just epi.

chocolateteddy: I opt for epi so that my hubby can be present as well. It is ok, just need to relax, I was so nervous that I was out of breath, and was put on oxygen. Till the anesthesia doctor threatened to GA me... then I calm down
happy.gif

big dee: Yeah, 2 months is still a while to go but I feel ready to welcome the little one already. I was with Dr Tham at TMC but we migrated so will be delivering overseas.

candymix: Are you also with Dr Tham? I didn't ahve bad experience with food at KKH. Never tried at TMC though so cannot compare
happy.gif

Nursery: Only have the cot and mattress set up at the moment and she will be rooming in with us. Am having difficulty finding cotsets here which is a little frustrating.

Ear thermometer: I also reuse the cap and simply clean it off with a wipe after use. As per what dolly said, the Braun ones does not work if you don't have the cap on but definitely recommend the brand.

Delivery: Am attempting a water birth for this one and will speak more about my birth plan to the midwife at the next appointment in 2 weeks. Had my 31st week appointment today and all seems good, with baby's head down and weighing about 1.7kg

Suggestion: We should create a table with everyone's info like where we are delivering, gynae, EDD, method of delivery etc

Candymix: I juz enquiry with new mummy she say haf stock. Coz I will be ordering the dry shampoo n the binder together. Hm.....

Nursery room:
For me not yet, hub pang tang too so at moment no room for bb. After birth, bb room with CL, one mth later room with us
happy.gif

Delivery
U mean we need to let gyne know if we wan natural or c sect? I hope I can do with natural best is without epi heeehee save some $$$$ for bb.

Has any one feel sleepy at third trim? Seems like I tend to sleep early recently.

Jazzlyne >> wats good abt the dry shampoo and binder? Is the binder only useful for c sect? I tot the jamu ladies will provide?

I feel tired. But the fatigue is not as serious as 1st tri.. Tat i feel sleepy almost every moment. Now at 35 weeks i still got the energy to go about 70-80% of my daily activities. Not sure as the weeks go by, will it diminish anot. Heehee

I dunno if the dry shampoo is good but no harm trying coz I cannot ta Han without shampoo my hair for 1 mth!!!!!!

Bought the binder coz jamu massage onli provide one at least get another one can interchange mah
happy.gif
Actuali I heard tat the binder can be use for natural as well. It will help flatten ur tummy.

my BB was 2.1kg at 31w (pregnancy app says usually is 1.7kg) and i also duno will exceed >3kg at birth. Ususally how big for BB then gynea will recommend c-sec? Based on weight or BB size of head and what is the guideline?

Binder: my frens who done c-sec says its A MUST to wear as pain reduces significantly with binder and you feel more confident and comfortable walking around with it ie wun feel the wound going to split open like that. However, its also good to wear after natural to help tuck the tummy.

Is it true that first time mummies tend to deliver earlier say 38th week?

Btw i read cannot use ginger cream or lemongrass shower gel (with the essential oil) during pregnancy.

Back