(2012/05) May 2012

i rem dr tham says the tightening feeling of the tummy is braxton hicks..

movements and hiccups i know- sometimes i can feel baby moving arms and legs or turning..hiccups are like twitching or a series of thumps on the tummy..otherwise the obvious ones are kicks and punches..

i heard something interesting today- when breastfeeding, our normal menses will not resume??

I've read in several places that BH is a tighteing or harden of tummy. But i also dunnoe how to differentiate myself. Sometimes I do have some sudden urge to pee as if some one is tapping or squeezing the bladder. =x

sometimes i feel something tapping on the pelvic floor.. can get quite irritating cos also feel like peeing at the same time.

but i know when i go pee, there will be little or no pee...

Candymix, yes, I also understand we will not have menses if breastfeeding full-time.. Hmm so does it means we dun ovulate and can't get pregnant..?

Ayana: heard that still can get pregnant during this period as we are still fertile, although our menses wasn't present. No menses does equate to no ovulation. That's what i heard, not sure how true is that. But have seen friends and colleagues kena again shortly after birth.

ayana, can still get preggy while breastfeeding and menses not back yet. :p got a few friends kenna. most recent case, my friend discover she's preggy again when her gal is 7mths and she's due in Sept this yr.

babysean: that is so bad for our health .. poor mummies, we sacrifices alot. Also scare, cannot regain back to pre pregnancy figure.

Anyway, i read from one chinese book about pregnancy. It says, if we are having baby girl, the confinement should be 40 days instead of 30 days, cos it hurt us more to carry girl. Anyone heard of this? Think the author is either from Taiwan or China

ak: wow 40days confinement for having gal? but i agree i suffer more this round.
sad.gif
but maybe could be due to been much older now. haha.

babysean: yeap, that's what i read from the book, maybe cos girl will need to develop the organs, internal female part and etc, hence need more days to recuperate. i'm also having a girl
happy.gif

AK, Babysean - oh ya ya.. I heard before also after birth we are most fertile right. So means we got to be careful haha..

When we are breastfeeding our menses will not come bk, but tat depends on individual as well. Mine came bk after 6 months. N yes, we can still get pregnant cos we are still ovulating though no menses. So be careful if u dun wan another one so soon.

I heard of my fren sister who got pregnant again in her 2nd or 3rd month after giving birth. The gap between the 2 kids is 11 months only . Power right ?

Hubby and i actually din really like to "do it" during first 6 months cause I'm was exhausted from the breast feeding ..... Lol. Every 2 hrs pumps is no joke .

Kayla: haha.. Yup, think there's also no "mood" right, since the attention has been shifted to the newborn.

Have u all thought of the preventive measures to avoid getting pregnant so soon? For me, definately, no BCP again, it screw my cycle. Am considering other methods.

oh so it seems its true..so how long after birth are we no longer fertile? I hope I don't kena so soon..its quite bad for our own health..

i do hear confinement should be 40 days regardless of the gender BUT this 40 days is referring to the diet/ food...not really the wash hair/ going out part...cos the food is the one that restores back our health

Oh ya talking about pregnant again, a few of my colleague got pregnant soon after gif birth. No joke lor, they say super tiring when the 1st n 2nd child age gap too close.

Better to have preventive measure to avoid that.

Ak,
Ya also the milk leaks and smell I don't like.....

I think low chance of accident for me. If it happens then just be it cos I'm not young anymore and won't be planning for #3 even now I have both gals. So if accident , then God's Will ba.

Btw what is BCP?

oh shit mummies, i just realised i missed 2 childbirth classes under mrs wong..is there such a thing that i can go and attend other classes to make up for the two?

i missed topic: pain relief and physical/mental preparation- was it useful?

Kayla: BCP is birth control pills ;)

ya, if the two kids are too close in age, Its also financially draining. Not gd to shortchange the kids as well.

Ladies,

Its been a long time since i came into this thread coz bz at work.. Am 31 weeks 2d now..
happy.gif

Ask u all ah, where do u get ur nursing bras ah? Am looking for some now...

candy mix / Dolcevita: ohh.. coz i definitely wana dye my hair... but i do it at the salon, not sure what kind of chemical they use... was thinking if i should do it before deliver or after... but regardless of what, i think since i'm gg to BF... no difference before or after right...?

MagL: you mean the breast pump rubber tube? if its the bottle nipples, they will not melt coz I've seen my mum boil milk bottle + all its accessories.. everything is good... i think use those sterlizers better.. think its gonna be safer for the breast pump accessories...

Sunflower:I got mine from http://www.youhaveababy.sg/ but you need to sms them to confirm the stocks coz the online is not accurate.. i ordered and then they tell me no stocks... they have tank tops with paddings too.. good for at night, or wear with cardigan when gg out... like normal tank tops...
happy.gif

Oh! anyway Dr Tham says for GDM, when we follow his diet and lose weight, (baby still gain) its good news! it means we are on the right track.. :D i lost 1 kg, but baby gained 700g... she's 2kg at 32 weeks... Dr Tham says too bad, she is ang mo size... i need to eat lesser and follow more strictly on the plan... don't know why my girl suck so much the food... hahah!!

And yep, no menses doesn't mean wun get pregnant.. if its hit on the right time, will definitely get pregnant!
happy.gif
I've a pair of siblings in my childcare class... a jan bro and a dec sister...

by the way, meaning we will have menses for a month or so after delivery, and if we continue BF, our menses will stop till maybe like 6 months later then resume? no menses sounds awesome to me (really!! :D) and wana ask the FTWM who BF previously, how often do you all pump during work? my friend pump twice but i see my colleague did it once only... I was thinking, if i need to store 4 feed for baby while i'm at work, i definitely need to pump twice to get 4 bottles right? hhmm...

Any mummies any idea where i can get a reversible (change direction for bb to face u) pram below $150? Cannot be too heavy cos its for daily use. Already have a heavy duty one for shopping malls. Now wanna get a basic one, go mkt etc.

Candymix and keiko - my menses comes after 1 year, likely because he was feeding less from me and Yeah, feel shiok cos no need to worry
happy.gif

ak - For my last confinement, get my CL for 2 months and she did 40 days of confinement food

dolly: wow.. you BF less still can wait for 1 year before your menses return... i think ill pump vigorously for that reason... LOL!! :X by the way feeding less meaning how much per day for your baby?

but i was wondering... is it possible that we have not enough milk? or is it every mother has milk, its how we preserver in getting it the right way....?

Bao Bao Neo: Dr Tham's special diet is the same as those given by other health cares... i found the same one here, you can take alook:

http://chinese-school.netfirms.com/diabetes-gestational-diet-plan.html

im so deprive of cakes and ice creams...
sad.gif

i'm those who did not produce any milk when i have my 1st one. no engorment, no pain at all. i wonder will it be the same for this one too.

i'm missing my cakes as well! hb also say i lost weight during this pregnancy. somehow i'm glad to see my arm and shoulder slim down. hope can maintain aft delivery. :p

btw, anyone experiencing heartburn during bedtime? i usually have my dinner ard 7pm+, but at 10pm+/11pm+, still feel like burping and it's pretty uncomfy and painful. worst is i did not eat a lot of dinner! sigh.

BabySean, u also having GDM? if not you can just eat all you want... no harm..
happy.gif
if not, control... i asked my husband to prepare food hampers to motivate me during delivery... haha! cakes, desserts... etc. once i deliver, ill indulge! LOL!! but i don't look like i've lost weight... still the same.. -_-

I had very bad heartburn almost every night... no burping, just purely heartburn... i feel you... *hugs* going to be over soon... may's just around the corner..
happy.gif

by the way can we eat at the delivery ward? coz contraction for some time mah.. so when it stops, can eat to distract?

Keiko Woo : I've a few friends who's very pro on breastfeeding, so didn't buy any milk powder for my confinement, and only bring back 5 bottles of sample milk from hospital. The sample milk were not used at all. And despite CL keep telling me no milk, I just tahan and keep feeding, sometimes every hour throughout the night. And because I didn't read the instruction manual for the pump, can only pump a few spoonful of milk for the first month, so my CL felt super insecure... especially when the massage lady come and she got to take care of him without me for that 1hr+

Hello ladies, hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I went for my 32 week gynae checkup today. Everything ok. I discussed delivery options with my gynae. Initially I was all prepared for csection as I had low lying placenta. But today my doctor say may not be a problem after all, so can do natural vaginal delivery. Then suddenly I got so scared. Not prepared to go through natural, especially since she says she does routine episiotomy since most girls tear anyway. I very worried about pelvic floor damage and incontinence from vaginal delivery. How ah? Any of u girls worry about the same thing? This is my first baby, really scared of the unknown and uncertainty involved in delivery!

Candymix: were u the one who went on recent Thursday class w ur hubby thinking it was the first class till mrs Wong started talkin abt the changes in class? I was in tt class n a couple was confused by the Internet schedule or something I think... Was tt u?

Chocolateteddy: nope I signed up for Sunday class..gg today, I wonder if there are any changes since I missed 2 classes..I didn't know the dates were moved earlier from 1st class 18th mar to 4th..so I missed 2 classes...anyway will see how today..There were no emails or SMS to inform me class changes..

I think can buy nursing intimates from BP thread here..seems cheaper..anyway I read that we should get around 36 weeks right? That's when our size has stabilized? But it's so close to full term, I wonder if it will be in time..

Keiko,
Thanks for the link to the nursing bras.. Will check it out..
happy.gif

Just bought some from Impressions at JL, but all not moulded cups one... Would prefer moulded cup bras though hehe...

Any of u here did not attend those childbirth classes? Coz i didnt leh.... Now i'm abit scared, duno if i'll be prepared for the big day anot.....

Olivia: Think just relax bah.. I went for hynobirthing class during my last pregnancy and both my hubby and I were prepared for a natural birth without anesthetics. But ended up 41 weeks and still no dilation /contraction/ baby not engaged. So in the end just c-sec with epidural. Anyway, my boy weight was 3.75kg so it's pretty big as well. Now my gynae telling me might not be able to give birth naturally cos the gap is not that far (3 years?) That time I didn't think about the consequences though.

Sunflower: When I was new to the forum, didn't know got so much choice of nursing bra too. Ended up buying Impression and Triumph and they are really not that nice. Anyway, if you want to feel the actual thing, Triumph got quite a few design (I was at Robinson Centerpoint) you need to ask. However,I made a wrong choice of buying bigger size and without padding. When our breast are engorged after birth, I was told that we should not wear too loose fitting one and let it "contained" within the bra. Anyway, the Triumph one has this stupid design where the seams are inside, and when our nipple are already hurt/sore, it hurts even more!! It's really a damn stupid design and definitely not by someone who's nursed before. Also, the cloth are too stretchy and have no support for our heavy boob. So really waste money. And I think those sales ladies also never nurse before one, anyhow give advice... hehe, sorry thought about that make me angry again.

>> Sunflower:

Same as Keiko, i got some of my nursing bra from http://www.youhaveababy.sg/.. also got some from gmarket.. but haven really try so also dunno whether good or not.. the other time during Baby Expo, the lady from youhaveababy said it is ok to buy the nursing bra already.. oh and i also did not attend any childbirth classes.. though my sis passed me some notes to read.. but havent started reading yet..

I went for my first class today with hubby, was quite fun with the exercises and the informative lectures..

Rebonding and Dye hair
I did both actually...Dyed my hair using herbal dye at the salon, told the stylist not to touch my scalp..couldnt tahan the two different colors..that was in my Tri 2..then I just went to rebond my hair last week, told the stylist to keep the cream away from my scalp too, so she put cream at about 2 fingers away.. the shoulder length hair is getting all over and I really cannot stand it...Felt so untidy and unkempt..
happy.gif

Olivia: I feel you... i'm more scare of the stitching down there than the contractions... at least contractions is only the moment.. imagine the stitching, and then the healing process, the wound and our menses.. OMG! :/

Candymix / dolly: sorry can i ask, where and what's BP thread?

yingzz: yep, so far i like the tank top from youhaveababy.com but the thing is everything there is always no stocks... you know of any other places that sells nursing tank?

littledotty: good idea! i think ill ask my hairstylist to dye away from my scalp... coz i just want to dye it all black this time round...
happy.gif
thanks for the info!

I went for my first class today too..I think it's not too bad ESP for the hubbies who dont read pregnancy books Like us..saw the labour videos which are quite scary actually..

Keiko, BP thread is the bulk purchase thread..u can see it in the section below once u click on forum from main page..actually I got quite a lot of things there..yes!! Definitely addictive..

Candymix: I see, so u r not tt couple from my class. U r not the only one tho. Seems like alot of pple r confused over the schedule of the classes. They made alot of changes n sms a few times w wrong info somemore. I had to call them to clarify before class started. Hope u got it sorted out n able to cover back lesson 1 & 2 like the couple from my class. So I gues we'll b attending the same talks at scgs then eh

Keiko & Olivia: I hv the same fear! I'm more afraid of the tearing, cutting & sewing more the anything else! I wanted to opt for c-sect n totally knockout haha! But now I trying to b brave like the general population of mothers. Maybe natural w just epidural will b the final choice. Even tt I'm scared of the pain n side effects. I'm so nervous lor...

keiko: nope, not having GDM. but cannot take sweet stuffs as it leaves a horrible after taste. and due to spitting, not eating a lot. so far, only gain 4 kg if compare against pre-preggy weight.

pre-natal class: i attended Ms Wong's class when i had my 1st kid. very informative. i guess it is not mandatory to attend these pre-natal class. it's gd if you can afford the time.

dolly: my friend was able to have VBAC even thou her kids r in 2 yrs gap. but her gynae did say that provided the bb is not too big.

sardonyx: my 1st child was on Abbott range of FM, so i will get 1 400g tin to standby. dun get too big a tin, in case it's not suitable.

Thanks for sharing, BabySean.

Olivia, Keiko, and chocolateteddy: I'm also more scared of giving birth than being excited! So scared of the pain and of all the uncertainties!
sad.gif

Mummies,

Em. Don't need to feel so scared abt the delivery process. Just gO with the flow n everything will turn out well. I think as mummies, sOmehow we can overcOme everything when the need comes.
I was also very scared the last time but just follow the nurses n doctors instructions n all will be over before u know it n u will forget abt the pain etc once u see ur baby in ur arms.

>> keiko: yupz i also like the tank tops from youhaveababy.. i wanted to get more bras from them but the designs i liked sold out, so in the end i got from gmarket.. shall check out the BP thread too.. :p

>> giving birth
yes i am also very scare of the pain sia.. wonder if I can tahan or not.. opting for natural without epi so hopefully the pain wont be that bad! after all so many women have been through it and survived!

For nursing bra, do we buy according to the size we are currently wearing or will the cup size change after we deliver?

I will be having a c-section and hope mummies who done c-section before can help with my queries:
1) How long does it take for wound to heal ie pain becomes manageable/ insignificant?
2) Are u able to start BF straight away?
3) Any side effects for GA and how long?
4)When did you start post-natal massage and is it effective to flatten tummy since I heard cannot do directly on tummy area?

Thanks
happy.gif

I agree with Xin2.
No need to worry abt the delivery process. We can go thru it de..as its all new to 1st time mummies, u wont know what to expect, so just go with it and the next thing you know, your little one is already out and n your arms =)

We can do it! Yeah =)

1) How long does it take for wound to heal ie pain becomes manageable/ insignificant?

Mine was ok, din take any painkiller at all. Was able to get off bed on 2nd/3rd day. I was able to walk to the nursery, holding onto my urine bag. Definitely will feel pressure at the wound area but i force myself to get off the bed. Wound bled a little but bearable. My ex-boss was not able to stand upright aft c-section. Only aft the post natal massage, then her prob is solved.

2) Are u able to start BF straight away?

Not producing milk, when i pump juz a few drop. but may not be related to c-section.

3) Any side effects for GA and how long?

No side effect for me, i find the side effect is from the epidural. whereby i have backache now when i wash the dishes.

4)When did you start post-natal massage and is it effective to flatten tummy since I heard cannot do directly on tummy area?

I think i start the massage 2 wks aft i got hm. But my tummy was flabby even aft 7 yrs. Mainly bcoz i nvr do any situp and also nvr bind throughout the day.

>> rabbitz: during baby expo (mid feb), the lady from youhaveababy said can buy nursing bra based on the current size already..

Hey mummies.. speaking of post natal massage.. have you all booked any? Malay lady or Chinese better? Any recommendations? Thanks!!

Back