(2012/05) May 2012

Hi mummies,

I'm fm nov 2011 forum. Is anyone Looking for baby car seat "maxy-cosi cabriofix". Its only $200 + free infant chair in blue cover and extra pink cover. Message me if anyone interest.

Very brand new and only used less than 5 times.

Keiko: Yes. But for this pregnancy, was with Dr Tham till 20 weeks only. Am based overseas now and delivering overseas. But my previous pregnancies were also with him
happy.gif

its strange keiko, cos i think its your settings that cannot allow PM? anyway feel free to email me at [email protected]

i also have the same problem leh keiko- my sugar level is higher before i eat than after i eat..its really crap..

re: first month
hmm i find that sweetest moments is very sweet..but yah packaging is nice..Gobi- i ordered before but find them quite sweet and ex too.

anyway being a FTWM, I'm rather tired from working and getting ready more than the 1 mth celeb thingy hehehe...

more concerned about whether i should get ready a tin of infant formular @ home to standby if i got not enough milk? but i really hope not..

ok i will get my mum to start cooking the papaya soup thing..no effects on pregnancy right?

Any mummies still taking Bird's Nest ? No harm to continue taking right?

So far only took 2 bottles only . Between Eu Ren Sang, ZTP & Hock Hua , which is better ?

MagL, the advice about Gina ford is- it can be used as a guide but don't be too strict in following it..

yes she mentioned briefly but I also don't understand..one advice i read somewhere else was to even bring the pump to hospital so we can pump asap..so im also confused..

hmm yah can boil water to sterilise but overtime dunno if the rubber parts of the bottles will melt cos there is no temperature regulation as compared to steriliser?

also i guess there is no cover to use when using the boil water method so after its no longer boiled, the germs can accumulate again?

Hey mummies, I also heard something else...we must cover up ourselves as much as possible when we leave the hospital to avoid catching too much wind, is it true?

Candymix: i'll go n check out my settings... anyway I never heard about the covering part lei... my mum only says cover the baby, not me...

Sasha: ooohhh... thanks for the assurance...
happy.gif

Kayla: exactly same as me! 8.2 and also had the needles poked.. at my week 32 too! so coincidence... haha!! hmm... but u had not much appetite, yet still diagnosed with GD? poor thing... try to follow the diet plan and eat more small meals... gain more energy since now there's another "weight load" with us.... my next appt is this friday....

I used to take bird nest (those normal bottled type not the premium ones) on alternate days... thou i took no sugar ones, i don't know if my GD has anything to do with it... now i stopped taking totally..

I'm also wondering how early can we start taking our ML? I so feel like taking care of my own baby, and quit my job aft ML... but at the same time i feel guilty of having such thoughts... like very bad.. once after ML, then tender resignation... but at the same time, i feel like taking ML early so i can tender early (after the 4 months)... -_- hhmmm....

Heya mummies, those of u diagnosed w gestational diabetes, for the fasting b4 the test, is it water oso cannot drink? I forgot the instructions n just realised now... Tomo am test...
sad.gif

hello! I'm new to this thread, 2nd one due in early May

My first one was on total BM during first 6 mths, and feed on demand.
Never bring pump to hospital though, cos read that baby dun eat for first few days is fine too.

chocolate teddy: can take small sips to wet lips only...and cannot go toilet tmr morning cos the test is both urine and blood test..

dolly: but when baby demands more food during growth spurts, how do you cope? feed every hour?

Yup thanks candymix! Anyway it's over n I passed the test! Heng ar.... I'm so scared of needles lor. Dunno y, pain I still feel can tahan but sight of the needles n the blood being drawn makes my stomach turn everytime, even watching on tv. Tts y I so scared will test positive. Trying so hard to be a brave mummy now.

jane, i agree avent cust svc is lousy lo..they got so much new stock on sat but yet they rather sell to those pple who're there then give priority to those who ordered earlier. if i din happen to go taka last sat, wld need to wait till end mar as well.

mummies,

i'm having bad toothache now, the outer layer of my wisdom tooth chipped off and my tooth is very sensitive. as we r all in the 3rd trimester, dun think we can go to e dentist right? somemore mine wisdom tooth, has to b extracted. if i do filling temporary is juz a waste of $$.. how how how?
the pain is killing me now..

mummy_baby2008, we can continue to see the dentist. We're more susceptible to gum disease when we're expecting so dental health is especially important during pregnancy. In fact, studies have shown that gum disease can result in preterm birth and low birth weight.

My mum's a dental surgeon so I verified this with her. I'm seeing her for cleaning this weekend too; don't want to wait too long then we'll all be giving birth/serving confinement. I recommend you seek treatment for your wisdom tooth before baby is here.
happy.gif
If you need it, local anesthesia like Novocain is safe throughout pregnancy.

Mrs Ho: I'm seeing Dr Tham at 11.30am tml...
happy.gif
what about you? are all of you under Dr Tham delivering at TMC? I'm struggling between TMC & Mt A...

Ohh... I drank a lot of water before my GD... But anyway I ate bad stuffs once in a while even now... Coz sometimes too troublesome to da bao when my parents alrdy cook...

Oh dental is ok... That's what I heard too... But mummies... dying hair is it ok? Or during BF can dye hair?

hi mummies, is it ok to drink tea daily? i drink teh C everyday... but usually only 1 cup per day.. is it ok? or shd i avoid caffine totally?

>> newbie2012

hmm for me i try to avoid drinking caffeine, but i still mouth itchy so will still like drink one cup of coffee/tea a week..

newbie2012, a bit of caffeine is fine as long as it's under 200mg per day. As a gauge, one cup of black tea contains 45mg of caffeine.

keikowoo, I use ammonia-free hair dye. Most will avoid contraband during the first trimester because this is when all the major brain and organ development takes place for the baby, but after that it should be fine in moderation.

mummy_baby2008, I also experience bad toothache, I think its the wisdom tooth erupting, but the funny thing is, it hurts for around 2 days only and stopped. Guess its a good thing.. haha.. Cleaning teeth is ok, but extraction not too sure.. You can visit the dentist and get his advise lor? Perhaps he can give you something esle to help with the pain?

Newbie, one cup per day is prefectly ok according to doctors. So you can relax.. But for me, I don't drink everyday, and usually I drink half cup only.

yingzz/peaberry/ayana: thanks for sharing!! my colleagues told me not to drink everyday.. try to drink soyabean, milk.. but haiya, after lunch wanna drink something leh.. i totally cut coffee.. but i thought tea should be okie.. just feel abit guilty drinking teh c everyday after lunch... so better check with you all
happy.gif
hmmm.. just finished 1 cup of teh c hehehe

oh u mean dr tham can deliver in mount a? nv knew that leh..

yah i was thinking of cutting short my hair too but will need rebonding to keep it flat so that this is easier to manage for confinement..can we rebond?

agree with peaberry, im seeing dentist next month!

u know, im so glad to be in this thread.. to be able to share how i feel, check things with you all, esp being a first time mum.. and we are all going through this phase together.. thanks mummies! i really enjoy chatting with you all and i feel it's like a "support" during this perid that i really treasure and appreciate
happy.gif
it's like u got people to talk to who will understand cos' we are all going through the same thing.... and learning from one another.. and encouraging each other! i guess we will all continue this journey together even after we pop.. just that the topic will be on our newborn babies!!

jia you mummies.. we got like 2 months to go!! exciting times ahead!!

mummy_baby2008 >> it happened to me last month too! the pain at my wisdom tooth was EXCRUCIATING!!

panadol din help. managed to get a last min referral to a public hospital for the dentist to attend to me. 2 options was given:

jia you!

1. Wait and see. Bear with the pain and hope it goes away

2. Go ahead with the operation. Some wisdom tooth may need x ray. Doctors will brief you on the risk involved.

I went with option 1. Even though they say the local anesthetic is safe for mummy and baby, there is no trials on pregnant woman on it before. Moreover, need to take x ray. I dont want to subject myself and my bb to that kind of risk. utimately, the decision maker is yourself. Please discuss with your husband.

in addition, u cannot lie too long on the dental chair cos it may be uncomfortable for you to be lying on your back. preggy woman are not advised to lie on their backs for too long...

if u ultimately decide to go for removal of wisdom tooth, they advised me to go hospitals instead of private practise. at least the infection control is better and should the baby or mummy have any reactions, there is always a medical team on stand by...

i have booked my wisdom tooth removal in june, after we give birth. hopefully the pain doesnt return these few weeks
sad.gif

i juz called my dentist, she says i have to get gynae's letter to indicate that i'm fit for extraction... i wonder if gynae will allow me to go for extraction. haiz.. pain lo!!!!

Newbie, cos tea is cooling so better don't take everyday.. although one cup shld be ok, but kiasu people like me try to cut down as much as possible =) 2 more months to go!

I also totally cut coffee for the first 6 mths.. but now really miss it, esp seeing drinking kopi peng during lunch, sometimes will order and drink half cup, haha!

mummy_baby2008: go to the public hospital to get a 2nd opinion bah.. if the pain persists.

i did that.. cos was advised not to go those pte dental clinics, now that we preggy.

momo baby : public hospital as in NUH?? which hospital did u go to?? i kept brushing my teeth & gargle with listerine to temporary numb the pain..

Special Lemongrass type Shower Gel

Anyone buying or bought this? I wonder if it's necessary actually.

I did try bathing with the Da Feng Ai dunno what herbs water ONCE. Gosh it was so sweet & sticky I felt that I was covered with grass jelly! I like eating it, but not to bathe in it.

I also tried the special shampoo & shower gel from.. aiyah I fogot... issit Mums in Mind? Small small bottle, quite expensive. Same place that sells the healing bottom spray. Found the soap ok but the shampoo was really drying.

This time round, wondering if I shd just use my normal shower gel & shampoo.

Jul, I bought the shower gel from the bulk purchase thread here. But after I bought it, then I realized actually cannot bath in normal water right, best to bath in those herb water.

So actually can use herb water + normal shower gel to bath. But then again the smell of the lemongrass shower gel is really nice and refreshing, other family members can use too ya.

Mummy_baby2008>> i went to KTPH cos i got contacts there

Dont use listerine cos it contains alcohol. If its too painful to bear, pop 2 panadols..

Ayana

Thanks for the feedback!

Aiyah I think I'll just forget it & use my normal shower gel lah. I dun intend to shower with herbs anyway coz it really is very uncomfortable.

candymix: Yeah, I feed almost every hour and through the night too... sometimes can last a long as 40 mins and I got to detach him carefully.. hehe still can remember that. In the beginning, my baby really forgotten how to suck almost every feed,so it's a pretty long process.

mummy_baby2008: I've sensitive tooth, but not as bad as yours during last pregnancy, went to dentist but they dun dare to do anything, in the end only give me gargle to ease "sensitivity", so this time round I start using sensitive toothpaste and pray no problem

newbie2012: I also drink around a cup a day... hehe

jul: Like Ayana, last time I just use normal shampoo and bath gel but bath w the herbal water, this time I already bought the ginger showgel from spree and start using it already

TO whoever trying to advertise in this thread, I seldom use milkbag in the 21 months of breastfeeding my boy. I got empty glass bottles from the hospital when I discharge and buy the caps from the pharmacy there. Each bottle is around 100ml and I used them for many months after that. The glass bottles can be sterilized with the pumping parts so it's really convenient. I also expressed in office and will keep them in the fridge there.

Re: Dentist
Scaling & polishing is fine IF you can still tarhan lying on your back for that long. Many dentist do not see patients in their 3rd trimester because of this. Any treatment that involved metallic fillings, etc is not advisable. As such, treatment for wisdom tooth is not advisable at this stage if yours is a serious case.

Re: Rebonding
Not advisable due to the chemicals used.

Dolly:
Glass bottles are no longer given due to the danger of chips, etc. In addition, glass bottle can only be used for frozen BM. Do not use glass bottles for fresh BM as the enzymes will stick to glass - wasted.

Candymix: yep, Dr Tham can deliver at either TMC or Mt A...

Mrs Ho: I wana treasure my sleep on a off day... Hence took later appt. Hahahahah...

By the way, I think tea and coffee the same right? Both contain caffeine...

Sensitive teeth & gums are common during pregnancy I thought?

Fifi: if rebonding cannot coz of the chemical, then can we do dying and rebonding during BF?

fifi: Thanks for informing, luckily didn't throw away my old ones! Yeah, I do freeze them as well, bought the milk tray but find them not useful at that time (at least my nanny dun like it) Anyway, I always do direct latch when I'm around, so the expressed milk is only for nanny usage. Sometimes when supply very good, would just leave them in the medela plastic bottle.

last time when i delivered at TMC was at 2008, at that point of time, i actually booked the 4-bedded and during admission the nurses there gave me a free upgrade to 2 bedded.(alot of my frens did this too)

initially i tot of booking the 4 bedded and during admission if there's no free upgrade available then i will pay to stay in the 2 bedded room.. Dis year seems to be a year with many babies, or do u suggest that i should juz book the 2 bedded room juz in case 2 bedded is full? or do u mummies suggest i should juz book the 2 bedded now instead of 4 bedded? what if during delivery the 2 bedded we book is full? will they upgrade or downgrade us?

I also bought the lemongrass shower gel from BP purchase thread..will be using together with herb water to bathe..since first time mum just try everything lor..too bad the shampoo is sold out..

Do u mums feel more frequent Braxton hicks? I feel that like a couple of times a day now and slightly longer or more intense..

Keiko if preggy also cannot rebond then I think bf also cannot lor..

Nowadays I resume teh-o KO song purely to cut my reliance on Milo n milk cos of sugar levels..sigh, after cutting coffee in the first trimester n swearing off caffeine..how ironical now that I resume although not frequent..

Candymix - not sure whether the rubber parts will melt or not but what you say makes sense.. hmmm. For the boiling my mum told me last time they will just boil in a pot and then leave the sterilized bottles in the water and cover it up.

newbie2012 - i drink coffee or tea everyday too. especially Teh.. really cant resist.. haha. if drinking chinese tea i tend to take a pot rather than a cup. heh. If i have craving for tea or coffee a few times a day, i will just order a decaf alternately.

contraction vs movements

hey mummies, this might sound stupid to some of u but I just cant get a good answer from my doc or mrs wong... sometimes I'm confused from the 2, esp now since I'm suppose to do counting. Some of bb movements feel abit like wat i think is a contraction. There are times tt I'm pretty sure its a contraction and some movements are obvious movements. But there are those times when I'm not very sure...

Anyone experiencing the same thing? Can anyone advise?

I do rebond during bf..
Just that I pour away the first express of milk after rebond and only gave bb the subsequent pump out to play safe.

my baby moves very strongly too. braxton hicks contractions not very evident at this point. was more frequent during 1st trimester.

i only experience the BH say after i go to the toilet to pee... anyone experiencing the same?

Back