(2012/05) May 2012

I also prefer to slp on my back because.. On the opposite, I can my girl' kick easier, cant really feel her kick if I'm slpin on my side.

Usually when does the nurse will ask us to book the room?

I have questions on bathing during confinement. While we use the herb water, do we use our usual shampoo and shower gels or its recommended to use those lemongrass or ginger shower gel. I see some products claim that these type of shower gel or cream aids expelling wind but i wonder if its just marketing cos its external.

rabbitz, did you get up from the floor correctly, there's a certain technique to adopt for pp who are preggie.. correct posture and all.. mabbe you can google and find out?

hey mummy_baby2008,

Im delivering at TMC, i am 25 weeks, my next appt is scheduled 1 march, but the nurse didnt advise me anything.. so worried that theres no available rooms lo.. thats the con of the dragon year, have to compete with everybody else
sad.gif

AK, you should really call your gynae or the reception now to ask... But I think you don't need to worry cos the nurses usually have a procedure and will take care of it for u since they know your EDD...

littledotty: yah I went for my doc's appt last Sat.. saw baby moving a bit.. how about you?

And yah, I feel more comfortable sleeping on my back as well. As I try to sleep on my left, got to find the correct position if not the waist muscle area can be a bit sore.. So everynight got to shift and shift to find the 'right' position to sleep on the left. lol

Hi anyone gone for prenatal massage? I had mine and felt the masseur was too "gentle"...don't feel shiok! Hee..

Also, can we go for foot reflexology?

I also prefer to sleep on my back now. Last time prefer to sleep on the side with my bolster...guess its the heavier tummy! ;)

Oh yah..also anyone experience nausea recently? I'm at 26weeks now...recently got that sickening feeling...thought 2nd trimester is smooth and enjoyable leh...??

Hi everyone.. looks like all's well and good!
happy.gif

busy busy at work.. have to clear all work before go on leave.. i wld 'flee for cover' when i am 38 weeks. think need to rest and get bored before delivery.. :p

things not yet prepared.. aiya.. keep procastinating or can't find time to fix my silly Freestyle pump.. can't find AC power! aiyoyoo.. and also all the spare parts and nursing bras still not ordered.. :S

been thinking of getting #3 (see, i still can't think of names for him.. i am running out of names for boys!), in playpen.. haven't look see.. the cot is for my second boy.. will transform it into a toddler bed... and still need to swap the boys over to my study.. and my study become the smaller bedroom.. aiya.. argh..

i have always been heavy to begin with.. and regardless of which preg.. i always lose weight in the beginning.. for #1, about 11kg.. and after that still 10 kg left on body.. so start #2 10kg overweight.. and still have 5kg left on body.. now number 3.. at this week 29.. i am only +0.3kg from pre-preg weight :p.. bb is 1.335kg.. ha.. but i expect to balloon in last three months.. if can keep to only 5 kg gain (inclusive of regaining of weight lost).. i think v stylo leh.. lolz..

take care ladies.. enjoy the rest of the preg!

ayana: I went for my scan last Thurs, bb was sleeping really well with his hand over his forehead n my gynae quite notty, tried to wake him up after taking her measurements..did ur gynae tell you how heavy he is? Mine is 1.1kg..

I have been sleeping on my side coz I read it is not advisable to sleep on our backs..but I guess it is really how comfy we are so that we can get some sleep!
happy.gif

I went to the JL baby sale at Marina Sq, it was a good sale, most things on 20%..and if you buy above $100, they give u another $10 off..and above $150, you can get free delivery! On top of that, they are giving away goodie bags..inside there is Avent breast pads, a set of 2 pacifiers, wash cloths, toys and other things..I bought alot of things there!
happy.gif

M_int >> i did pre natal massage twice already .. different masseur .. for both i've tried, the pressure was very good.. it feels exactly like those i've been for normal massages. probably u will wana try them ?

Littledotty >> JL got baby sale ?? Wat did u get ?? share share with us ... and hw to get the goodie bag ?

Anyone went to the baby fair @ expo tis weekend ? Is it worth the visit ?

Baby expo 2012, mostly selling clothes . Got avent mainly on milk bottles, cordlife, also got Babies & bellies and A pram booth. Didn't manage to get anything there. Waiting for next week baby care maybe more attractive booths.

Hi mummies.. I am new here
happy.gif
Been a silent reader so far.. First time mummy here
happy.gif

Went for the Baby Expo yesterday.. bought some nursing bras/top.. some baby clothes, towels, mittens and shoes.. there's only Avent there and no Pigeon.. the fair was quite small.. it's not even the full hall.. think the Baby Care next week will be bigger..

Btw, Isetan is having their Lil Tots fair from 17 Feb to 3 Mar.. their Philips Avent NB set is only $38.. less $2 than what was seen at the Baby Fair @ Expo..

Momo_baby, i am also seeing Prof John Tee from KKH.. when's your EDD?
happy.gif

Hi mums,

Someone passed me a avent naturally express sterilizer without any instructions manual. I know the cycle will take 8 mins, but after 8 mins will it auto off? Or do I need to switch off by myself after 8 mins?

Tks!

Hi Yingzz, my EDD is 1 May.. What abt urs?

How is experience with Prof Tee so far? Mine so far so good but he is chop chop lo. Scan oso chop chop dont really show u much things as he only measure head circumference. But he will answer questions patiently when asked lor..

So fast. Less than 3 mths to pop.

momo_baby>> mine's 18 may.. so you will pop earlier :p yes he is very chop chop.. my sessions with him usually very fast because I also never really ask a lot of questions.. but i think he is those super gentle and patient type of doc.. I have a colleague who gave birth under him.. say he's very good
happy.gif

The thing i like is cos he chop chop, my waiting time usually v short, even on saturdays. My visit to kkh usually less than 45 mins. But i will write my questions so that i wun forget to ask.

Did ur friend say whether how long will he be ard during labour?

Lol.. yes the waiting time is usually not very long.. i think i end up waiting for payment more than anything..

My colleague said he like to plan.. so that time he admitted her beforehand to try to induce labour.. but it didnt work.. so had to try again the next day.. if I recall correctly.. she gave birth quite fast after her waterbag broke.. I am not sure how long he will be around though..

JL baby fair: it will be on til next Sunday..coz I am a firt time mum so I bought quite a lot of things like wipes, pacifiers, nail clipper, medela teats and so on..particularly bought a lot of the baby soap (transparent kind)..I think the goodie bag is given for every $100 coz I was given 2. And if you are a Robinson card member, every $100 you spend, you get $10 off, so on top of the 20%, you get more discounts!
happy.gif

I am going back next week to buy the pram too...hee, 20% off is quite a bit and on top of that another $20 off and free home delivery!
the pigeon steriliser with 3 bottles, and some baby essentials is selling at $139..I bought mine at isetan with steriliser, food warmer, and bottles..

Mrs ho: thanks for ya tips. I guess will get my masseur to insert more pressure as I'm not familiar with prenatal massages. Does ur masseur comes to ur place? Mine did and she's quite cheap...;)

Littledotty: is there additional 20% discounts for the pigeon wet wipes?? If there is, then I'm gonna chiong down to JL and buy..;)

Ladies, just bought some maternity clothes fr asos. There's some sale items which I think r nice and cheap..worth taking a look! ;)

M_int >> yup mine come to my place $50 for an hr.

For pigeon wipes, so far the cheapest i saw was at cheong choon store in chinatown, 82 pcs x 3pkts for $17.50.. Tis shop sells bb stuff at a reasonable price.

For desitin diaper cream i saw mustafa selling $7.50 fir 56g.. Cheapest i've seen so far ..

Hi mint, pigeon wipes already bundled so no discount. I have compared kiddy palace and ntuc and JL. All same price. So might as well buy from JL to hit $200 so get 2 goodie bags. The content inside the goodie bag super good. Two pacifier, two boxes of breast pads, wash cloths and some toys. Damn good deal.. I accumulated everything and opt for foc delivery, including the goodie bags. Haha.

I saw them pack inside a carton box for me.

Anyone has the package details frmo Istean for Avent sterilizer? I din manage to make it out to town last weekend =(

Also, anyone has a list of what confinement herbal products needed to buy?

momo's baby: same here too! I bought the wipes as well and there is no further discount already but like I say if you have robinsons's card, every $100 spend, you get additional $10 off, so quite worth it..

mrs ho, where is this place in chinatown? I bought the desitin cream for $12 at JL w 20% discount..

littledotty, mine is 900gm in 26th week..

Recently, I am experiencing finger joint pain, its kind of a suan feeling, not very painful, still bearable though. I thought its the carpal tunnel syndrome, anyone got such experience too?

Yip: I bought the 4-in-1 Avent sterilizer. $180 for the package. I'm not sure what is in the bundle.... If you have old sterilizer you can do a trade in for a 3-in-1 Avent sterilizer at $99.

I went to istean yesterday! Spent almost $1500... Personally I didn't wait for Taka Fair cos by then I think I'm too tired to squeeze in crowd.... and Istean not so crowded... Can slowly pick and choose....

Most of the brands are having 20% off...

littledotty >> They are located at Blk 34 Upper Cross Street #03-132 Tel 65323855, anyway, u can juz call them to check on the item prices. no need to go down personally.

For Desitin, i bought from mustafa ..

Ask u ladies, do your sometimes feel like ur whole tummy is turning upside down and when u feel, it's quite hard ??

And hav ur track roughly hw many times bb kicks a day ??

Does isetan have baby cot? I went to mother care but their cots are expensive! Their mattress range from
$120 to $400+++!! And the size is not compatible to kiddy palace ones..

yup momo's baby, isetan has baby cot.. saw a promo, 299 with bedding set and cot mobile..

and yes mother care is very expensive.. for #1 i got one from kiddy palace for 360 about 2 years back.. so i think the isetan one is of pretty reasonable price..

Ayana: yes, I did experience carpal tunnel as well, but only once and was few weeks ago. Thought I slept on my finger while sleeping, then when I read whattoexpect then I realized is carpal tunnel. The pain went away on the that afternoon. Ar you stil experiencing it?

Where's the baby cot at isetan? Price sounds reasonable ;)

Hi kulogy, where is this place where u can trade in the old sterilizer? Also when will this offer end?

Mrs ho: can u send me the contacts of ur masseur? Mine was charging slightly cheaper than yours though...

Mustafa's desitin is like the cheapest! I bought a few tubes from new York last December and they cost me abt 6usd! More exp than mustafa! Haha

mrs ho: I read off the internet that we should counting bb kicks from 28 weeks onwards, in the morning and once at night..I think I will start from night before I sleep..

kulogy: very li hai! can spend $1500!

littledotty >> Oh so hw do i count it ? like do i give a time frame ?

M_int >> Mdm Emma 91822373, she charges $50 /hr, no transport fees ... And Ida 91514757 she charges $10 tpt fees for 1hr massage & $5 tpt fees for 1.5hr massage

Trade in at isetan shaw... Till when I'm not sure... Shd be while stock last?

Baby cot I bought the bonbebe rocio... $499 with quite a few items.... 12 piece bedding set, mattress and some other stuff...

Check isetan website for more details...

Card members another 3% off

Hi mummies,

I juz bought a maternity top from BP, unfortunately it's too loose for me.. Wanna see if any mummies here r interested to take over the top instead. Still brand new with tag. Juz received today. Letting go the top at $21. Pls pm me for the picture of the top as I dunno how to attach picture over here..

Btw saw so many sale going on now.. For JL sale, any idea when it ends? I bought a box of 60pcs breast pad of from taka over e weekends, any idea if it's sufficient to last though the whole month of confinement?

Recently I have been feeling so bloated and after walking or standing for too long I feel like my legs r abit soft n becoming jelly soon., isit due to the water retention or weight gain dat my feet can't take my current weight??

Any mummies here have the same problem??

Kulogy, can help me see what the package of 4in1 has? can we buy 3in1 there instead of 4?

lazy to scroll up for the nick. hehehe but for tummy upside down and harden, if it is lower tummy, i think is called Braxton Hicks. Google abit and read. Cos i also will have such feelings at times.

Mummy_baby2008, yes i am too. I think cos is ethird trimester, so legs cant take it =(

Thanks kulogy for the info..finally something to buy for the little one...prob think its the 2nd kid, so kinda like not as excited as the 1st...

Mummy baby, I'm only in my 26 weeks and yet I always felt breathless with a few steps of walking...hurhur...

AK, yes I'm still experiencing the pain but its bearable la.. can feel the pain when flexing fingers..

mummybaby, me too, legs will feel super suan like i've ran 2.4km when walking a distance.. really need to rest in between if walking or standing too long..

little dotty, how do you count the kicks? I haven't started but I consciously monitor and take note of the timing baby moves.. like if baby moves every now and then in the morning, afternoon, and night, I feel relieved...

Back