(2012/05) May 2012

sad.gif
I put on 10kg after 24 weeks too. I feel hungry constantly, but am trying not to put on too much. Can I ignore all the hunger pangs I'm getting?

Posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 1:07 pm:       
I have a box of Bellybuds in tip top condition to exchange for four booklets of car park coupons. Full set of accessories included. Retail $79.90 at Mothercare. SMS me at 9799-9791 or PM me for more queries.

Bellybuds set includes:

1 set of Bellybuds Bellyphones®
to share prenatal music and voices with your baby anytime, anywhere

4 sets of Hydrogel Adhesive Rings
to secure the bellybuds to the unique and changing curves of your belly

1 set of Silicon Covers
that dampen the external sound so you play to your baby, not your neighbors

1 Storage Pouch
to take your bellybuds anywhere

1 Audio Splitter
so you can hear the same audio as your baby

"Every mommy wants to do everything perfectly during her pregnancy to give her baby the best headstart possible in life. This is why I purchased Bellybuds through Amazon after much research on all the contraptions that allow your baby to listen to music in the womb. I’m not sure if they really do work in terms of enhancing mental development since there’s no definitive research proving or disproving that playing music to the baby in the womb does make a difference later in life. But I figure it couldn’t hurt and besides, she seems to like it, well at least that’s how I interpret all her kicking and thumping around whenever I play some music. Our baby listens to baby Mozart and nursery rhymes, you can get CDs in any Odyssey or SM for around 100-300 Php for a compilation. We bought our CDs in Odyssey Greenbelt 1 and SM Makati.

Bellybuds come with a pouch, additional adhesive rings, silicon covers, and an audio splitter so you can listen to your baby’s music too."

www.bellybuds.com

<font color="green">Gals, I just finish making the beansprout pillow for my boy. But i've 3 extra. Anyone of you would like to have it ?

I can trade it off to ur at $15 per pillow, pillow case @ $5.

For Cramps, I cant even stretch my leg !! once i stretch, the cramp will kick in .. any remedy for this ??

Yumii >> I doubt u can ignore hungry pangs, rather mayb eat light food instead of eating to ur fill .. perhaps tat can control the weight gain..

N_Imt >> envy u that u manage to lose all within 6mth, hope i can do it ..</font>

Hi all

Regarding Gestational Diabetes test, is it mandatory to test for all mummies to be? Or it's only done when doc suspect? Btw, how much is the test?

i oso put on almost 10kg at 28weeks now.. so sad.. envy those mummies who only put on 5kg...

dis few days my nipples are so itchy &amp; i dunno y... anybody here oso having dis prob??

Went for my 25th week checkup yday and gynae did a 3D scan for me !
Can see how my baby look like !!!...
Once again, seems like my husband genes won!!!!...might look like him again...heehee

I also experience urine leakage when i sneeze..just ask for sample from poise to try out.
They are liners/pads especially for such problem..if they are good, will go Watson check out hw much is it.

Hi mummies-to-be, sorry to interrupt,

Just sharing with you some of the items I'm letting go,

1. Preloved Tiny Love Take-Along Mobile, letting go at $25. Bought from Taka BB fair at $49.90. Music, soft toys animals are all in tip-top condition with no stain no tear &amp; wear.
Product link: http://www.taime.com/tnv/index.php?act=viewProd&amp;productId=1917

2. BNIB Pigeon Bottle and Baby Food Warmer, letting go at $25. It's brand new, received as gift but already had one.
Product link: http://www.pigeon.com.sg/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&amp;page=shop.product_details&amp;flypage=flypage.tpl&amp;category_id=28&amp;product_id=120&amp;Itemid=52

3. Preloved Baby Love nursing pillow, letting go at $18. Used less than 10 times, still in very good condition &amp; the cover is machine washable.

PM or email to [email protected] for more info / pics if keen ya..

Ya how did u mummies gain only 5kg? It's unbelievable. Haha. Or is it bec u had bad morning sickness in ur 1st trimester?

Mrs ho: I was younger then. More energetic and total breastfeed my girl. Prob that's y...dunno this time round can slim down anot Liao...haha

m_int, I only put on 4kg so far but I was heavy to begin with haha! My mom said to minus all the kgs from my ideal weight and that would be the actual weight I would have put on.
sad.gif
It'll be quite a bit too if I count it like that. I found that most of my slim/skinny friends packed on the most weight during their pregnancies too. The heavier ones should gain less.

yah this is what my dietitian told me. pregnancy weight gain is dependent on the pre pregnancy weight.

just meansured last nite. so far gained about 5 kg as well. dont have much appetite. recently started to have the metalic taste in the mouth.

any mothers to be have this issue?

I'm now on my 28th week and so far, I've gained 5kg. I'm trying to control my sugar and carbo intake especially this time when I'm about to undergo my OGTT. OB requested for this since I have a family history of diabetes.

Btw, do you know of the participating stores and brands on the upcoming baby fairs at Expo? And do they offer free delivery (both the Expo and Taka baby fairs)? How much discount is considered acceptable when considering to buy things like strollers, playpens, etc.? They say that the Taka Baby Fair usually offers the best deals. But this time, they're the last one to hold the sale. So quite risky if you wait till that time to buy.

Peaberry/momo baby, hope what u said is true!! ;) but sadly, most of my frds who r almost like me, only gained abt 10kg throughout the pregnancy. I'm the only one who keeps eating and eating. ;/ last time not pregnant, can't eat to maintain figure. Once pregnant, eat like no one's business. Haha...

Sardonyx, I have always thought that the deals at baby fairs are not really fantastic in my opinion. Mostly prices r abt the same or the things j wanted got no big discounts. I just buy things that I'm comfortable with.

Anyone has a list of things for newborn to share? I can't recall what I need to buy this time round. Seems like nothing for
Me to get.

yah true.. i always wait and wait till last min to buy the things. keep comparing prices at kiddy palace, robinsons etc till my hubby oso fed up..

i went to baby expo at suntec 2 months back and i thought that the spread was so so..

so i will skip baby expo on 16 - 17 this time round. looking forward to the baby festival the following week.

anyone knows when is the taka baby fair?

i also need a list of things to buy..

Baby Care Festival goes with the NATAS fair so very crowded. Not very conducive for preggies. Hehe. Taka Baby Fair will be on March. But don't know the specific date.

Btw, mommies, when going to the expo baby fair, are there chairs where we can rest every now and then? I'm scared that I won't find any and I might feel too tired to move lah
sad.gif

Momobaby, tried to google but no news on Taka bb fair 2012 yet...

Peaberry/cin, thanks for the link! That's reminds me...Taka bb fair usually have good deals medala stuff in terms of purchase of new bottles at a discounted rate of u trade in the old ones.

Just recommending, the medela freestyle really
serve me well during my 1 and a half years of pumping. I can pump and work at the Same time!! Good investment! Gotta start searching for my old freestyle in the messy storeroom..hehe..;)

wow congrats Momo!
Last tri should be most exciting for us, tummy will balloon fast and big. At the same time, expect more cramps and swelling etc. Hope all mummies can ride through the difficult and anticipating 3rd tri together =)

MoMo, My Edd same as you!

Till now i have put on 11.5kg. Did a GTT @ 19 weeks as instructed by my gynea coz according to him my weight increase was too much.. (i have no history of diabetes)the result was normal but doctor asked me to do another glucose test @ week 28.. haiz.
Anyway the result was normal too. : )

Any mummies having serious backaches? Mine is killing me.. especially on the right side.. from front pain till back.. urghh..

I have backpain all the time too, for me its entire rib pain, from the front to side to back. Interrupted sleep throughout the night. The worse is the soreness and pain at below right rib. Wonder is BB poking me or what.

wow! so many people got same EDD as me!! woohoo!!! i tot i was the only one
happy.gif
have been following both april and may threads at the same time cos scared i pop early..

are u first time mummies as well?

i am thinking how much quantities i should get for the baby clothes. but cant resist the cuteness of baby girl clothes so keep buying and buying.. someone stop me!!!

magL >> so far i put on 5 kg (last measured last nite). my thigh pain came and went off in first trimester. back aches happen if i walk too much. i use my bolster to support my back at nite and use a pillow to "kiap" my legs. at the same time, i went to buy those small baby PUKU pillow to hug.. then i can fall asleep easier. i find it better sleeping on my left.

magL and baby sea >> which hospital and OB are u visiting?

momo_baby, I got about 10 to 12 pieces of each clothing size for my baby and was told it's a lot! Haha! I bought less newborn/new baby clothes in case the baby comes out and goes straight into 0-3 months sizes. Also quite lost when it comes to clothes...

Any idea how many diapers we should stock up on? And what sizes to buy?

My friend says no need to buy diapers first. In case size too small. Hospital will give the baby their first pack of diapers and we can always buy them from pharmacy at hospital. Pkus
Ntuc is all around. Not scared cannot find. More scared wasted. I am thinking of getting foc samples from various brands to try out first. I heard pampers and mummy poko are good.

momo - wow.. only 5 kg.. how i wish i only put on 5 kg as well. Been eating normally as before pregnancy but dont knw why put on so much weight.
Yup, i am a first time mummy.. delivering at Gleaneagle, my doctor is Dr Peter Chew.

Yea.. i tink its a very good idea to use a bolster to support the back when sleeping! Thanks for sharing! ; )

I have just inherited a medela mini electric plus. Anyone knows where I can get the spareparts?

was thinking of buying new ones for hygiene.

hi all mummies :)

may i share with you where to get a prenantal protection plan (cover pregnancy complication &amp; hospital care) for ownself during pregnancy and also cover your new born (congenital illness protection) rigth on the 1st day of birth ?

the earlist for a new born to take up any hospital or protection plan is one month old. our intresting prenantal plan cover right on the 1st day of birth. hope to share with most of you.

i am Allen chok from AxA Life. PM me if any one keen to know more. :) my mobile : 96216138.

I remembered during my #1's time, I used pampers newborn size diapers. The usage was so high I rem telling my hubby to buy at least once a week. Same goes for milk powder when my bm was zero during the first month due to stress n many factors

Magl, I feel u...I was considered the slim type and yet I put on 20kg fr my #1 when I ate a little more than I should. Hehe...but don't worry...if u breastfeed, u can loose all the weight

MagL >> i had bad MS from 7 till 13 weeks. Couldnt eat much so n put on much weight. And i guess i was heavy to start with. Slimmer people put on more weight. And lose them easier too.

Recently got this metalic taste in mouth during meals. Quite irritating. Althgh it is reccomended that we eat 300 calories more per day during pregnancy, my appetite has been slightly smaller as compared to before preg.

Different people differs. As long as BB is healthy ok already!
happy.gif

I cant wait to get back to my exercises and aerobics after giving birth!

Gals, any advice from mummies about using the storage bottles or the storage bags for breastmilk?? I have just bought a second hand freestyle, now it is really shopping time!
happy.gif

Robinsons is having 20% discount if you are member..

thanks sasha and m_int
happy.gif

looking forward to what's in store for us in next week's baby expo. i'm also trying to get a copy of mother and baby magazine to see the participating brands for the babycare festival.

Hi dotty, i am looking fwd to using storage bags by lasincoh. Heard its cheap and good. Of cos i hope to latch fully during the first mth. Not sure how much i can sustain.

Where do u mummies buy ur new born clothes from? first month likely stay at home so no need buy too nice or expensive ones. those bot from online sprees would be for 3-9 mths and beyond.

Need some advise on BF, I'm going to be a SAHM, intending to latch on most of the time ... Since I will still need to be expressing BM in order to keep my supply going, how would I be keeping my BM in the fridge if I only wish to use them for night feedings?

Would I be able to store the BM in feeding bottles in the fridge and at night, just take them out, warm them up, put on a teat and it would be ready to feed? Regular feeding bottles should be able to double up as milk storage bottles?

And a silly question about baby clothing .. is there a difference between NB sizes and 0-3 months? I haven't done much shopping yet but I believe I haven't actually seen any NB sizes, everything is in 0-3 months or higher ...

hi momobaby, i usually do my shopping for newborn stuff at BHG bugis, isetan parkway or kiddy palace..felt that these places have more variety.

hi yumii, u can either keep ur bm in milkbags or milk bottles. When i had my #1, i latch fully. When i return to work, i pump using my freestyle straight into the medela milk bottles which i store when i reach home. I just need to warm up the bm in the same bottles when i need it. i used milkbags to store the bm when i ran out of milk bottles..milkbags are good for use as storage in freezers.

as for diff between nb and 0-3mth size clothing, i feel it depends on the size of ur child. my girl was quite tiny and nb size clothings were actually too big for her..;) i have seen nb size clothings at kiddy palace and isetan.

i saw the list of sponsors for the babycare festival in the february issue of mother &amp; baby. not quite attractive and very few sponsors.
sad.gif

refer to the leg cramp, i ate red dates for last week, and no more leg cramp, even i have ate kang kung as well at last week. :p may be you can try it out if you suffering leg cramp at night as well.
happy.gif

hi all,

talking about leg cramp i suffered the whole night yest.. ate kangkong for dinner.. isit scientifically proven dat kangkong will cause cramps or isit juz old wives tales??

Hi mummies,

long time never log in - busy with work and looking for own replacement !

yip,
there's a BP thread selling medela spareparts - http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5433848.html?1329096181 which has quite an extensive collection of spareparts or I think most of the places selling pumps will have at least membranes/valves. Can also check out some sprees - since we have some time - as it is cheaper buying from US.

yumii,
If you are just going to put the milk in refrigerator then easier to keep in bottle (can use either milk bottle or glass bottles), milk bottle would be more convenient as you pointed out as you can immediately use. If you are going to freeze it then better use milk bags as it is safe space when you lie it flat. Last time I use glass bottles (got it from the hospital) for keeping in fridge and I will always label the milk to indicate the pumping time.

Chilled milk can only last few days while frozen milk can keep up to 3 months. I would also encourage you to try giving your baby frozen milk if you intend to freeze before you start freezing a lot. Last time my son rejected the frozen BM but he's ok with chilled milk so no choice I had to throw away the ones I have frozen during my maternity leave.

re: weight gain,
mine is about 4.5kg at 24 weeks

Yumii, I have both 0-3 and NB sizes...

I bought some NB size from kiddy palace. Depends on the cutting of diff brands la.. some NB and 0-3mth sizes are not much diff, but some got diff, the shoulder width is wider, and sleeve length longer lor...

m_int &amp; toot, thanks for the BF advice, will definitely keep them in mind when I begin BFing.

ayana, seems like I have to spend more time in the shops.
happy.gif
have only bought some 0-3mths so far and all the hand me downs I have are also in those sizes.

There is JL Baby Fair but not fantastic as its the usual 20% discount. I havent receive the brochure to see if there are special deals.

Back