(2012/05) May 2012

Good the morning mummies! Going for Oscar test later... Hopefully don need to wait for too long and good result.. Wish me luck!!!
happy.gif

Crystalline.. U going for ur test today too right? Good luck to u too!!! :D

Hi all,

Was missing for some time coz my office comp spoilt so I was PC hopping + son fell down + daughter's birthday + super bz. How's everyone?

My Oscar was fine. Result is 1: 5 digit number. :p

Last time I saw a maternity T-shirt that said "Don't Touch!" on the tummy area. Maybe u all shld go find one. :p I don't really have this problem coz my MIL and Mum all know I won't condone it. Only my daughter touched the most but I like her to do that coz she was building up her jiejie to didi relationship.

Eh saw some of you thinking of bird's nest le. Buy good ones hor. Dun buy blood nest (xue yan). During #1, I used to double boil. Then later on, esp during #2, I was too lazy so take instant de. I get from a relative who is a supplier of birds nest and sharks fin for hotels. Oh that reminds me, need to call her to tell her I want to buy again... my office colleagues always want so always buy through me so I passed them my cartons first. Heehee.

morning all!
hey anyone know about the baby fair in expo? think is this or next week. anyone going??

crystalline>> yup jun tan is me! add me and i'll add u to the group ya? many others there too
happy.gif
ru going for test? all the best!

fifi>> congrats on your good result! ur girl bday juz over? how old is she? "dun touch"? cute shirt! haha wonder where they buy from. maybe can ask vannila to source see can find not hehe. but no one asked to touch my tummy leh hahah dun get molested. i'm the kind of anti social kind maybe thats why haha

morning mommies!

So tired these days wor. Tmr is my bb week 12! YAY!!! and I am doing first trimester detailed scan tmr.

I so sad can.. weekend wanna wear my denim shorts out. then.. usu dont even need to unzip can pull up. now, got a 5cm gap there! =(

yday was my first day without puking at work. but hor... come home merlion until hubby can smell what food and have to wash toilet and scrub toilet floor. sobz...

morning mummies!!
yest went for scan , and the lil one was soooo active!now at 14W ++
it's been so fast!n i gain 1.5kg so far.. so another 9kg and that's it!gotta maintain.

ow's everyone?

piggy:spring maternity v EX!!i don't buy form there, even when have sale,mostly from BPs, eh yeah!!!!i dun like relatives who keep touching my tummy, especially the aunties!freaking annoying

Fifi:where is the T-shirt?i wanna buy, hmpft

canymix: regading stingray, it's the same as other "shit-eaters"like cockles, oysters,crabs.
bcos they are at teh other end of the food chain, they tend to accumulate toxins,so...in moderation yeah!

Mommy828: well.. dr chan is still the same! cos i am abit plump..he kept preaching abt eating healthy. luckily i din really put on weight in my 1st tri, so he didnt nag as much.. he's v exp also, but i feel comfy with him so cont to see him lor..

Hello! Thanks for the advice..vanilla I am also a chilli eater!! Unless seriously sick n no appetite otherwise I will still go ahead 1..

Recently also not much appetite, always feel shiok after eating chilli, yest went to eat Chong Qing grilled fish oh my! But it does help me to eat, otherwise I got no appetite..

Ok ok I will resist stingray..for bb sake..

Hey that tee shirt Is cute, where to get? There was once Britney spears had this tee shirt with arrow pointing "here is the bump", I thought quite funny lar..

Actually my mum says don't touch tummy too often cos we have electric pulse..plus bb will think that he/she is very much doted on so will bully the mummy..

Funnily I have a lot of dreams ESP abt bb recently n this morning I told DH that I finally dreamt bb was a girl, but ugly like him lol!!!

Dunno bb feels it, heard it or wat n I ended up with puking right after that comment..so "zhun" right

Morning mummies!
Wokeup not long ago... Was hungry early morning, but i tahan coz wana zzzz... Very bad of me haha.. :p
Just had tuna and egg sandwiches and milo.... Hubby away in Munich back mon sianzz... Stocked up alot of bread for me just in case i lazy to cook haha....

Yest was my Week 13! One more week to 2nd trimester wuhooo! Sianz part was, i'll be going back to work liao
sad.gif

Me also craving for stingray! With lotsa of sambal chilli! But scared to eat leh....

Btw anyone going to the Parenthood fair tomorrow? I may be going with my sis... Metro having 20% sale on weekends too! But duno got bb stuff anot....

sunflower: i did see tcm doc.. cos i was ttc n went to this doc for help.. and after my 1st tri, i went back to inform him that i was preg n he gave me medicine for week 14 and week 16 and see him again at wk 18. he mentioned that tcm medicine is only for 2nd tri.. 1st n 3rd tri no chinese medicine to be taken.. he says the medicine is to help bb cos bb is developing all the organs at this stage..

as for bird nest.. he also said take once a month in 2nd tri.. that's all..

also, very impt not to take ice also... even if need to drink cold drinks, take without ice... =)

finally, no "dang gui" at all.. he said those herbal soup sold outside may have dang gui, so ask me not to drink.. "beggar chicken", soup from duck rice, bak kut teh soup.. try to avoid cos they usually use some dang gui to cook..

fruit juice wise, he say can drink anything wor, except starfruit and pineapple juice.. the rest is ok..hehee..

i m jus regurgitating tcm doc's words.. hope it helps us!

Micteo,

I just reached Dr Ang's clinic not too long ago, super crowded, so I just came down to have a drink first. You managed to get a slot for your Oscar already? Later think will be a long wait at hospital for me even with an appointment.... Hehe you going for a date? I'm not cos MS still very bad, basically unjust crave for anything with vinegar so has been eating 鼎泰丰 these few weekends keke....

krc: i went to the one at marine parade.. intro by fren.. he helps couples to conceive.. blk 81 marine parade central.. shop name is ban choon chan.. it's closed on tuesday and he operates from 8am to 2pm only. but hor, he closes quite often, not only tues.. he travels quite a bit.. but he's quite good la.. always long queue...

sunflower: im gg to the parenthood fair but over the weekend bah..wanna get babyplus..think got discount..

should be gg after my oscars's..which is like super early in the morning, so sianz..

zara: i still eat bak kut teh but i eat the pepper version, yah cannot eat herbal version..actually i eat is cos i wanna eat the chilli padi with rice lol..

gg for sour mee siam in a while, yayy!

Zara, oh i heard of the tcm in marine parade! But the opening hours in the dy time only, i cant go leh... I went to Nam Hua in Tampines interchange last time when i was ttc-ing too... Stopped for v long since I did ivf le.... See if i can wakeup early tomorrow to go get a queue no. anot.. :p They shifted to Tampines St 91 liao so abit troublesome for me to go....

Wah herbal ba kut teh cant eat??
sad.gif
I love those herbal ones leh...... Sigh....

Candymix, erhh whats babyplus ah?

zara, i'm osos 1 of e pple who concevie after going there... i was on my 1st cycle of clomid and oso 1st cycle of tcm there.. den strike le.. haa.. found myself very lucky... =D

For mummies who just joined this thread.

Kindly uodate your particulars here. This is an online spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlkhAiLkfq55dG1pVmdKY3VVOFB0UVp5Wkc2NFJWcEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

For this is to PM to me.. So i consolidate the datas and email to all so when we wanna met up it will be easier..

Subject: May 2012 (Your Nick in this thread).. =D Easy for me to verify.. haa...

Name:
Nick:
Email:
Reside:
EDD:
Baby #:

PLs FLOOD my EMAIL!!!! lol... =P

Star,

Hehe before getting preggie I didn't really like din tai fung, now I order the vegetarian appetizer with vinegar, xiao long Bao dipped in lots of vinegar and pork chop noodles with vinegar too hahaha.... Feel like eating NOW!!!! ;)

candymix:baby plus my hubby order online only 119usd. sg selling 349 insane! ebay or amazon also have :D
sunflower: babyplus is like prenatal teaching, u start at 18w, strap at your belly it has diff beats or something la, dont really know how it works. 2 of my friends kids used it, the babies very alert and hit milestones earlier. but i also have friends who dont use it and same effect. so i guess end of story is, ur choice. hahaha this is what my hubby told me. i was >_<, got say like never say lydat.

my gynae dont let me film the ultrasounds only specific like when heartbeat, i wanna film the baby moving mah cos the online youtube ang moh's like post a 6-10mins ones.

piggy+chloe: ya my that friend has 2 kids 12 and 10 i think then i was like 2##$^%#%&amp;&amp; how dare u say thats not fingers! i saw it moving la irritating. but nvm la, i think he also forgot already since his kids are already so old.

my tummy is damn rounded! and hard. i cant believe it at 13w its lydat, then 40w is like what! i gained 100g since 3 weeks ago, but i have been downing brown rice and veg, cant take anything meaty, even laksa now i abit turn off (nooooooooo.....) my gynae was very pleased cos she said i started off not so slim type so
ideally i cannot go beyond 10kg. torment leh...

Crystalline, hehe! I'm done with the test liao.... Was like the 9th walk-in in the q lor... So many ppl.. Waited for about half an hour den manage to register... Went in and Was told to wait for another 30mins.. But I think some ppl wasn't there on time, cos I heard the lady called out like 3names and den it's mine! Got in, scan, waited for blood test, saw gynae and I'm done at 11am! Lucky me! Hehehe! Good luck to u.. Hope u don hv to wait for very long... Baby was in good position and scan went well.. Now gotta wait for blood test result. :D

Wah... Now u make me crave for the Dan Dan Mian! Drooling.. :p

Beebeemer, think ur tat friend belongs to Dino period la... Don't blame him cos now everything so advance liao.. Maybe last time cannot see.... Take a vid of ur scan next time n post it in FB.. Amaze him! Wahahah!

Micteo,
How is your Oscars ? Did Dr Tham do the scan or the nurse do it? Can u see the gender ?

Exactly 2 more weeks for me to see Dr Tham and follow by amino on the same day. He say he will be the one poking needle into my tummy. Hope beanie will cooperate that day. Else doc will have to poke a few times....

Time like crawling now. Though into 2nd trimester , I'm still
Feeling tired. How about other mummies ?

Vanilla,
Did u asked me previously about the blood test we did? It's quite similar to those typical blood test we did for our medical checks like Hep A,B. HIV test. It also include some pregnancy related test, like iron level, and some others which I dunno exact term. Gynea will combine both the scan and blood test result and conclude the risk level of a DS bb.

Anyway, my blood test result is out. My gynea clinic called me yesterday and said low risk, everything is good, Except That i m low in iron, so need to go back to clinic to take a iron jab and put me on iron pills. Haiz...

Dime,

Didn't see your msg earlier, I added you le!
happy.gif
sorry gotta verify cos a lot of my students and even their parents added me in FB, so must make sure before accepting.
happy.gif
hope to 'see' the other mummies in e group soon!
happy.gif

micteo,

I finished gynae appt at 1230, went for lunch but was late at 2.35pm fir my 2pm appt. but luckily only waited for 20mins before going in and baby was cooperative enough. Quite interesting to see them so active in the womb, but dunno gender yet, so curious hehehe

Kayla, my scan was good... I think there's a different between amino and Oscar.. (try to talk to baby... Tell beanie to be cooperative and be in good position) Mine was done at the ultra sound dept at 4th floor... Amino hv to be done by the Dr himself I guess... I was later seen by Dr Tham at he's office and he did another quick check.. He mention tat there's a whitetish thingy at the bottom... He suspect it might be a boy.. But he said he won't confirm until later..

Just got a call from the nurse... I'm low risk..
happy.gif
tat was fast!!!

I do still feel tired easily... I would doze off even when I'm sitting... Hahah!!!

Crystalline, hehe! Ya my beanie was like bumping up and down in the tummy! So funny! Wah good thing u din wait for too long... Their aircon was blasting away! So cold in there!

Now hv to wait for another 4wks to see beanie again... Long wait...
sad.gif

Hey can add me in the FB secret group too? [email protected]
Thanks!!!

micteo,

Yeah so cold, luckily I brought along a shawl! Thought need to wait for a long time but quite fast, hubby and I were watching movie on iPad then suddenly heard my name, so surprised haha.... Congrats if you've gotten a boy, 1 boy 1 girl just nice. Im ok with the gender, just that hubby prefers another girl. He even said if no girls must give birth till a girl pops out.... Can die, luckily my #1 is girl hehehe.... My girl is very sticky to her dad, when daddy is at home she will stick to him like koala bear.... Buey tahan.
I just added you in FB!
happy.gif

Glad to see so many pple getg thru Oscars with gd news :D

Kayla - i'm 14weeks + now, should say that I feel better than ard week 9 -12, but symptoms are quite erratic. SOmetimes I still feel tired, sometimes hungry yet tummy can't take too much food etc etc...

Oh btw I started taking birds' nest yesterday! I'm controlling the intake to about 2g (1/3 pc of birds nest) a day? The lady at the shop actually told me to take one pc at a go, but I thought that would be 1) too much, 2) too costly!! I bought 39g worth of it, $160! (Jin(1) si(1) yan)/ not sure if price is gd, but cos i always buy my herbs/ dried stuff from this shop, so just buy from them...it's def not top of the range kinda of birds nest, but at least it's pc by pc, (not the birds nest cake kind, which is not recommended cos it's glued together by extra chemicals) ... so anyways, yesterday I threw one pc of soaked birds' nest into chicken soup (which i made wiht one breast n 2 chicken thighs, and a bit of ginger)... I think i might have put in a bit too much water (i put in about 4 xlarge bowls... next time i will put less so it tastes nicer
happy.gif
Anyways.. I can eat it over 3-4 days
happy.gif
I take it with leftover rice... as a snack/ breakfast... so far it's been good!

Last two days i was very sian about buying breakfast (had the most horrid breakfast at longjohnsilver's two days back - their sandwiches are SUPER thick! For anyone who's in need of bread - that's the place to go!) And I really hate the minute maid apple cranberry juice (tried it for the first time) - reminded me of childhood cough medicine!! artificial cranberry flavour tends to have that effect on me
sad.gif

sorry i'm ranting!

heh...

envy those who see the beanie bumping up n down your tummies! most times my beanie is quite still! maybe like me, not v active, content to stay still?

Baby plus is not bad though I'm not sure whether it's really the said effects or the child's own character and personality. I used it from 22w till birth for my #1, but most of the time at irregular hours and missed the frequency cos too busy or tired. My girl was born very calm at birth, didn't cry, nor cry much till now. Opened her eyes a few mins after birth and her attention span is pretty good. But since young I do try to expose her to learning at home. Let her watch Baby Can Read since few months old so she could recognize a stack of 50 word cards from the show before 18 months. Grasped zoo phonics within 2 months so pulled her out of GUG. She can recognize at least 50 Chinese words too. But her verbal ability not that great maybe cos we are always not at home sighs. So I feel home education is more important than prenatal education.
But yet again whether it's baby plus, I am not sure cos her Chinese name was picked by this shifu who is really accurate and we have gone to her a couple of times. Hubby got into some legal tussle some years back, but after changing his Chinese name, it was miraculously solved. The shifu told my hubby about my girl's character and future and till now it's rather accurate. I believe in stuffs like 生辰八字, so perhaps it's her life and fate and not so much of baby plus? Haha... But if you are the kiasu type then no harm trying.
happy.gif

Crystalline... Ya same! Hubby was saying aiya boy arh must do NS, waste 2yrs.. I need to feed him another 2yrs, waste money! Hahah! Actually I'm also okie with gender la.. Boy/girl same so long healthy can Liao..
happy.gif

Ya lor! Wah my girl also super sticky to daddy... Even my mum see Liao also cannot tahan... So manjia!

Thanks for adding me! :D

Hello all! I am 11wks 2days ago. Doin oscar next fri n seeing lil beanie. Feel excited but yet hope everything is ok.

I jus went eys roadshow n bought 4 box of the premium bird nest (6 bottle in a box kind). Had that for my #1 so must b fair. Hahaha. I took half a bottle at nite n balance in the morning. I take it twice a week.

Bought berrygen (all sort berries powder) too. Gonna start drinking this earlier compares to #1. it really help me quench my thirst coz i felt super thirsty if i consume msg stuff. My mum says this is good for bb skin.

Crystalline,
Many April mummies around? Are your #1 also borned in Apr 09? I was in the May 09 thread as my actual EDD was 8 may but she decided to see the world early so become April baby

My hubby also dont mind another gal. To me, I already feel so lucky to have at least 1 girl . So next one gender never mind . Haha. Nowadays gals more precious . Lol !

Btw I'm also keen on Shifu contacts . Can let me know ?

candmix: pepper one shd be ok i guess? hehe.. i am also chilli padi fan lei!

vanilla: u also one of uncle chan's cust?!?? so qiao.. but u more lucky, i saw him in jan/ feb this year.. n finally have a little one.. =) i ate like 5cycles of the medicine.. so did my hubby...stinky, but it is all well worth it nw.. =) i tried clomid also, but din work even after my first gynae doubled the dosage.. so i started to see tcm...

sunflower: yah, they only open in daytime. and i tink the tcm doc is doing for his own passion, not so much of earning also...

qinyi: i am low in iron, which i tink is causing my headaches, but dunno if i can take iron pills.. =(

OrangeBB and Kayla,

The last time I went to the shifu was when my girl was born, the shifu stays in AMK but she wasn't doing much fortune telling stuffs already. She is always not in SG cos she goes for spiritual study in Taiwan. Actually she is quite poor thing, her only son was very outstanding (my hubby's friend), but died in a tragic traffic accident. So she stopped whatever she was doing, and became a rather changed person, think that was a really huge blow for her.
sad.gif
so she focused on meditation since a few years back, if not becos we knew her and happened to catch her while she was back in SG, I think she wouldn't be able to help to choose my girl's name. So sorry I can't reveal her contacts here since gotta respect her choice of life now too.
happy.gif

Hi mummies!

Long time never come in! So many new mummies, welcome!
Today is my week11 and 4 days! Finally approaching my 12 weeks soon!
Just went for my gynae appt and my baby grew so much! So happy ;) gg for my Oscar soon but havent get confirmed date
as the appt is fully booked. Too many dragon babies Liao ")

Crystalline , ya I didn't join in Apr 09 thread as EDD in may . This round, i think will deliver end Apr too as most say #2 will give birth earlier. EDD is 4 days apart from #1.... Maybe have chance to be same birthday !

They will be exactly 3 years apart !

Micteo,
Yes my gal is borned on 28 apr 09. How abt yours?

Hey, both our kids can go play together next time ! So cool !

Will they really like same birthday ? Maybe they might feel need to share happiness ! Lol

rosegal:
39g $160 for Jin Si Yan is usually ok. Your piece by piece meaning in very small pieces? If that is so, then actually it is the "breakoffs" from the main piece. Birds nest looks abit like a shape of half a V-shaped vase stuck onto a wall. That is the original shape. Nice bowl shape is manufactured. :p When boiled, there should also be an egg white smell/taste (if you dun add anything else).

BTW. Actually bird's nest is best to be taken on an empty stomach such as before you sleep. This is the best way for absorbing the nutrients. :p Please note that bird's nest is high in protein so if your diet already has a lot of protein... don't overdo bird's nest.

OrangeBB:
Concentrate or the liquid kind of bird's nest? If concentrate, dun take 1 bottle over 2 days hor... its quite a lot.

I will take this once a week starting 4 mths. Then move on to twice later on. This is not concentrate but coz good supplier, contents alot (less water). I usually take it at 1 go as once opening, there is a contamination risk (despite what those sales shops say about those concentrates, use spoon then put into fridge, etc).

6282847.jpg

Back