(2012/05) May 2012

Hi mummies,

jumping in and out for a quick one... busy busy busy..

FieDa - I'm just lucky to be supporting a boss who's not in SG most of the time. otherwise, my job is a desk bound job! Need to be in office most of the days!!!!

Astro-pro - yup, agree with you. For mummies who did not go all the way for b/feeding.. there's no need to feel guilty at all. Afterall, kids still grew up healthy and strong with formula! It's just a different experience, and mummies who persisted, usually love it.
happy.gif

Good morning ladies!!!! Finally I'm in my week 12. Cant wait to go for gyne's appt this coming Friday. Wonder how big is bb now. I'm so sleepy today... Yawning non stop.
Does any of you have this red red marks on the area around your nose & chin? I have been having this patch of red mark on my chin. Looks like a big " W ". Very obvious after shower. Morning & noon still ok.

Morning mummies,

Thanks mummies for ur concerns. I've been feeling much better already. Went to see my gynae n he said it's most prObably gastric tats y I feel the pain. Beanie is doing great n I saw it moving n moving.
He prescribe me Gaviscon n it really works wonders. After taking no pain n dun feel so acidic anymore.

Yip:
I love the pig trotters with Ginger during my confinement. No prob wiu breastfeeding. Baby was ok. I just told the CL to add lesser Ginger lor. But still very nice to eat. Haha.

Heya. Had a bad dream last night. Dreamt that I was bleeding very badly!! aiyoh first thing I did when I woke up was to check for blood!! So real and vivid. Crap start to a brand new week.

I agree with the part abt bf-ing stress. I know how much it can affect the mom, which in turn will affect ur supply. My thought is that if u have tried ur absolute best and have no regrets on ur effort yet u still wanna give up then so be it. Nothing to feel guilty abt cos u know u tried ur very best. But of cos if u dun put in the effort like waking up to empty ur boobs or tell urself there's always formula to fall back on or u just want ur life back, then I think u are missing something really beautiful.

Ok gg to makan. Ttyl.

Vanilla, ya lor.. I brought a playpen for #1 thinking tat I can use it to keep her in even when she out grown it but ended up she din even wanna be in it.. Abit waste money.. The only investment I don regret is getting the playmat.. Still using it till now. Hehe! Super worth money!

Spicegal, ya hope so.. I don't really mind the wait though.. So long everything goes well.. It's all worth it! :D

BreastFeeding, is definitely something not easy.. It involves alot of determinations and perseverance.. I hope I can make it thru.. At least bf for the first year. Keep my finger cross!
happy.gif
guess I will need alot of help from u mummies here.. We all jia you together okie!!! Fighting!!!

Looks like its going to rain again.. Remember to being umbrella with u if out for lunch..
happy.gif
watch ur steps too!

micteo, my detailed scan is at TMC on 10 Nov too, hee but it's at 2pm cos gynae asked me to see him at 11am first. Ah... I see, yeah it's indeed rather difficult to find a job while pregnant, but you can consider doing relief teaching in pri schs if you wanna earn some extra income, cos that was what my air stewardess friend did when she was preggie. Depending on educational level, each day can get between $60+ to $100+, and it's in demand now.
happy.gif
But still, sometimes I really envy SAHMs when having bad days at work.
happy.gif
By the way, when's your #1's birthday? Mine is 18 Apr hee...

piggy, I had terrible nightmares on miscarriages and deformed baby when I was preggie with #1 lol, but everything turned out fine. I think it's cos we dun really rest well at night nowadays, that's why keep having dreams.

Crystalline, really!!! Aiya dont think we will see each other lei, my appt with gynae is at 12:30.. And I'll hv to standby there at 8:30am somemore.. Which gynae r u with?

My #1 is 12 Apr... Donno shld celebrate for her anot lei.. Cos the last 2yrs we only had small celebration at home..
happy.gif
and think by then we shld be quite heavy liao.. Donno if I will hv the energy to do it. :p

I don't think I hv the quality to teach la.. Haha! I no patient one.. Anyway I hv contacts from Job agency they did mention tat they hv those 1-2days temp jobs.. So if Im feeling better I can contact them for jobs. Cos my headache are not getting better.. It's a daily thing now.. Hai... Sometimes good sometimes really bad..

crystalline, me too, kept thinking abt the negative things, but its not nightmare, just those stupid thoughts, cos heard too much unfortunate things liao..

micteo, ya.. i wanna but tat kind cuz can use till bb is quite big... like even 3-4 yrs old... so ig uess its pretty worth e money.. haa..

Thanks all! Went to the toilet to puke this morning.. kinda sianz.. now tummy feels abit suan suan.

I also had nightmares! I dreamt i had a twin. The boy turned out to have physically impaired but the girl was a beauty. i wonder if it meant to tell me, I have a baby girl? lol. is not the first time i dreamt of my baby girl! hehe!

OOooh! Means I can still eat pig trotters! yumm!

I drink plain water today and feel like puking..
I am only in week 10+! =(

Envy Week 12, 13 mommies!

My OSCAR is on 11 Nov in NUH. I innocently asked my gynae nurses if they would be rough. lol.. My OSCAR would be $260+ wor. Is that always so ex? My blood test also so ex.. =(

no news from gynae for 1 week on my blood test, so i rang back and they said, no news means good news. But i kinda sad that the nurses like just took it as nothing impt...

Cot vs Playpen
No doubt a baby cot would be a much better choice in terms of durability, but I still prefer a playpen as the sides are netted, thus more cooling and also gives protection when the baby moves around in it and accidently knocks his head on the sides etc....I have used both baby cot and playpen, baby cot for my #1, when she accidently knocks her head at the side, even with the bumper protector, I can feel the hardness on her head...haha and when she is old enough to stand up, she will stand up and do 'free fall' thus her head will almost hit the other side of the cot, I always have to watch her while she is on it. So come #2, I decided to get a playpen instead. Just sharing my view.

micteo, agree about the playmat, its really worthwhile, still using it below my living room sofa to cushion my girls from falls.

Yip, you always wanted a girl is it? Maybe that's why you had that dream...

Dun envy us, I am still puking at 2nd trimester! Your oscar is cheap leh. My gynae charges $300 for oscar if I am not wrong.

Fun, wah now confinement lady so expensive ah?

Spice gal

Tat's wat she coded leh, but she has been helping out with my sil's two kids before. So I am comfortable with her. She cooks nice confinement food ;)

Spicegal, same I also place it in my living room.. My girl takes nap, drink milk, play, roll in it.. Haha even hubby n me like to nuah on it.. Hahah!!

Fun, if financially u are okie den go for it.. Esp if u hv seen her working and tasted her food.. And most impt is u r comfortable... My last CL food was terrible (honestly I'm not a fussy eater) don clean the kitchen well, my stove are all still oily when she say she clean liao, though she's quite good with babies.. While my friend sings complement about her all the time (recommended by my close friend)... I must say everyone's expectation is different.. Hai long story la..

So... Wow! U can start looking forward to ur yummy confinement food lo!

anyone's got a line down their belly button?
i have this faint line down my belly button yesterday its like surreal! a little too quick? i am hitting 12 w coming wednesday

Vanilla, ya lor.. Hubby just told me he called up and ask.. Around $300+ think they also hv different package for Oscar.. Like Oscar + Detail Scan is around $400+ heheh! If I understand correctly...

candymix: cos alot of my mummy friends told me they dont get it so soon, like 3rd tri, or 2nd tri. none in first tri. i was a little worried :p

beebeemer, is e line horizontal or vertical? haa.. i still yet to see any line leh..

micteo, yup... if u take seperatly it will be more ex ba.. But i thk most probably we will take it together.. Oscar plus Detail scan together since it will be cheaper.. haa..

So excited.. haa... cant wait for thurs to come!! keke.. =D

beebeemer, I also have the dark line, although its pretty faint, but still can make out the line... I think nothing to worry about ba..

beebeemer: don't worry.. the line is harmless... i had it for #1 and the line will jz get darker as ur pregnancy progress...
happy.gif
It will go away after you give birth.. think it's called a linea Nigra... just take it as another pregnancy trademark.. hehe...

anyway ladies, went for my gynae check last sat and the checkup was super chop chop.. think i went in less than 5mins and i'm out. haha.. gynae scan and saw bb big head.. and the little heart pumping away.. then he say is healthy and ok and off i'm done.. think it was the shortest visit i've ever had. haha.. anyway since i'm not going for OSCARS so he jz arrange for me to take blood test on that same day... think is to check for HIV and stuff.. and scheduled my detailed scan appt - 28 dec
happy.gif
Now i cant wait for nov to end and dec to come soon!!! hahahaha...

Icez, same here, went to gynae on Sat, he actually want to arrange for the oscars this week but after thinking thru the weekend, I called and informed that that I not going for it.

Today is the start of 12 weeks! But gynae says have to wait until week 14 to be consider stable. Zzz...

And I want to say that, why issit that I feel my nausea like getting stronger as the days goes by. Hmmm..

Re: Boy/Girl
I have no preference. But hub prefers boy. hehehe.

Re: Vomitting
Really? U still puking at 2nd tri? =( i am like a handicap walking like a dead zombie everyday! so pathetic!

Re: OSCAR
my gynae calls it first trimester detailed scan. i just simply translate to OSCAR. hahaha. Does your price includes the blood test?

Re: Faint line
Oh! i heard it is pretty common.

I think almost all of us are at least week 10 now? My EDD is 25th may and I am already week 10. One of the "younger" ones here. So nice to see Week 12!

I am waiting for the Jul 2012 thread coming up!

Icez,

May I know who is your gynae? 5 mins is really super chop. But some mummies are ok with that.
My first appt with gynae is this friday. Really can't wait for it to come.

Today only Tuesday ....

KRc, my last job was also very xin lang! Can pump 4 times during work. Was a research assistant then. But find it very brainless thus switch.

Saw my bb on sat. Dunno if it's due to #2 the feeling was so different when we scan for #1. Haha...

I guess i had the latest Oscar test date on 26 Nov because the clinic didn't booked for me on 19 Nov! Quite pissed with that. ARGH!

Beebeemer, mine also showing a little on the line also. I didn't get it so early last time round too.

Dun worry. It's just pigmentation. Just look uglier.. cannot wear bikini liao haha

Astro, your boy so cute. Got yin tao xiao zui (small mouth). Sometimes, my boy does that too, and will tell me, mummy, see I sexy?

Yip, I believe the ocscar scan is not inclusive of blood test. My Oscar scan is $260, blood test is additional cost..

Hello all mummies...

I am going for my gynae visit today, in my 13 weeks already! But appetite is really not good yet, dunno y..

Hi mummies,

Wah so many now in double digit week... I feel I'm the "youngest", still in wk9 but should be going into wk 10 in 3-4 days time.

Lyn,
Definitely cheaper from US - not sure about shipping cost if you do it yourself. Maybe can ask your sis to check? Take note that you need to factor in the cost of domestic shipping as well and see if it is more worth it for you to do it yourself or join the bulk purchase.

Re:MS,
I think I am one of the lucky ones... so far not very affected with it - hopefully continues this way. It was the same case for my #1, I manage to go through preg without much MS issue... However this time around, I suddenly have a very bad breakout on the face !
sad.gif
So sad...

Re: supplements,
Mummies - i cannot really remember this, when do we usually start taking calcium, multivit and fish oil supplements? Honestly i cannot remember if i took calcium, but remembered i took multivit and fish oil. My gynae said too early for multivit now... Has anyone started taking? I'm just on folic acid now.

gg for lunch already?

Cot & playpen;
I think these 2 should be compared as they serve diff purpose. Cot is for baby to sleep in, while playpen is just a play area. It is not advisable for baby to use playpen as a cot to sleep in as it doesnt give baby the right support. Not good for the back.

Astro> ur boy is so cute!!! Heehee...

The vertical line is normal. Just like ICez said, it is a trademark. First time mummy, don't be surprise when you see ur belly button protuding out as your tummy grows wor.

For first time mummy, i love this website --> http://www.babycenter.com. It realy gives me a lot of information. And i am those who dare and interested to watch birth video type. So this is a place where i can view diff type of birth video during my very last tri so that i can be more well prepared on what will happen.

Oscar scan
I am gg on 9th Nov. I also didnt get a appt time (guess that is the problem with having a dragon baby. haha...) But who told by my gynae to just reach there by 8.30am and wait.

ohh, btw my EDD has been bring forward from 24th may to 21st May. And when i compare the length between my 1st & current, i find that my current seems to be longer. My 1st was 3.20cm at 10W3D & my current is 3.60cm at 10W4D. Although i hope that this means i have a higher chance of having a boy this time round (1st was a girl), i scared that it isnt & my 2nd is just bigger size as compared with my 1st. Then i will be sad lo... Means low chance of me gg for natural delivery this time. sob sob. i wanted natural delivery.

I'm 11W2D today. Who havent add me in FB huh? my email is [email protected]. Add me add me...

FieDa> i wore bikini to swim, no no, i should say just soak water... haha... until i gave birth. Dont think we look uglier. We just look different --> a different kind of beauty...!!!

Me also got this faint vertical line... But looks like got abit of small fine hairs leh.... And navel area also like starting to sprout fine hairs liao......

Am approaching Week 12 tomorrow or thur (cant remember hahah)... Going for Oscar scan tomorrow...
happy.gif

Hi Tute,

Thanks for the info. I will check with my sis again ehhe Mi also still at 9W4D hahaha My EDD is at 1 Jun 2012 hopefully in my next appointment my beanie will be in correct size...cos my edd keep getting push back.. hahah I m still MSing like crazy.. sianz

Hi Geraldine,
Thanks for the info.. i m thinking of Playpen becos i dun have much space left to put a babycot... i m a completely first time mum... abit KS on everything..1 2 find out first before action... ahah

Kayla: i had no prob with my gynae.. haha.. coz i know he's the type that if everything is ok & gd with your little one inside, the shorter the visit.. hehe...
happy.gif

FieDa: agree with you that the feeling was different now with #2... at least it's so for me.. haha.. though DH still claim that he is very excited being a father again... LOL

Tutu: I was given Obimin & calcium pills during my recent visit to gynae.. i was approaching week 11 then.. so prob ur gynae is right that week9 is still early for that?

Geraldine: ^5, tink our EDD almost same.. haha.. provided there's no change.. was told 22 May then. though i hope can delay till 1 Jun (same as #1) but i seriously doubt so... haha.. don't think my gynae will allow that too... lol...

Geraldine, i did the same comparison like you with my #1 DS and #2. #1 was 30mm at 9w4d, #2 is 27mm @ 9w4d. Let's hope yr prediction is true! =)

Icez, i still ask my gynae how come the baby don't look so much as a baby when compared to my #1 haha! She still tell me where got? Very baby shape leh haha went home and open my #1 album and realised that it's actually e same haha

Hi mummies,

I'm 9 weeks and expecting #3. My EDD is 6th of June. I should probably deliver early, based on past *experience* , so hope to join this forum.

Wish all of us healthy and sail into 2nd trimester smoothly.

Back