(2012/05) May 2012

Hi All, I have a preloved Nania Infant car seat. Condition 9.5/10. Rarely used. No stain and very clean. Selling it for $70 to make space.
Interested, please pm me. Thanks!
6455250.jpg

Mummies, jus wondering if u gals experience any pain like tis before?

Tdy I felt quite a few time like sharp pain,. Along e bikini line bottom left side.. Not like those menses cramp leh.. But is sharp pain and like 1-2sec only.. So I dunno whether should I be worried anot.. Right side like 1-2 times only.. Happen most on left side.. Like needle poking from inside..
sad.gif

Hi vanilla, I had the pain before and had check with my gynae. It cld well be the strain on your ligaments. If tmy area is still soft, shld not be an issue. If you are still in doubt, no harm going to ur gynae to check it out too.

Petcatz, Gyane to holiday Liao... Haa..

Since so many felt before den ok ba.. Monitor n see how..

If worst den go see doc.. Haa
happy.gif

any MTBs experience bleeding gums or blood during brushing of teeth?

these few days been having this...

nose bleed also lei...

is it too heaty? just ate some beef soup and durian last weekend... is it over heaty..

but now the durians really very nice esp those "san ba liu lian" very bitter sweet de and creamy texture... yummy...

tml gg for my detailed scan at TMC, very excited to be able to see beanie again

HI girls,
Haven't posted for some time - something wrong with my pc.. couldn't upload the last msg..

Re nosebleed - I've had dried up bits of blood, sometimes semi dry, in my nostrils.. think it's quite common.. a bit of bleeding gums too.. just try to be gentler..

Fifi - have a lovely cruise! I really enjoyed mine - think you'll have a great time too! I ate so much - so much lovely salads n meats... haiz.. come back to sg, and it's unhealthy hawker food everywhere - what a contrast!

Vanilla - i also have the ligament pain, it comes esp when i suddenly get up or walk a bit faster etc... comes with movement for me..

Think i'll be checking the site less over the next month! Gonna move over to a friend's place while the reno takes place and there is no internet...
sad.gif
perhaps only over the weekends when i go over to my parents'...

Stobeli - happy scanning!! mine will be next Tues
happy.gif

VaNiLLa> Im experiencing alot of "pain" recently too. should not be much problem unless there is bleeding i think. maybe you can ask your gyne during your next appt.

blood during brushing of teeth> I get that too. but ever since i remember to take my calcium everyday, i dont experience much of it. so maybe you can try to take your calcium.

nosebleed> mine is more of like dried blood. some times when i stick the tissue into the nose to clear the wet mucus, i will see blood too.

Wow wow wow! While lying at the sofa just now, I felt a small bump pushing up against my pelvis area, feels like 3cm
Diameter kind of bump.. But the position is v
Low... Hmmm.. Then I place my hand on it, and after a while, the small bump subsides... So cool!

Ayana - Wow! I'm still waiting for mine to hv some big movement. Still feel only flutters inside...

I hv dried n clumpy blood in my nose too. Read up abt it and it's not serious, just our hormones making a change in our bodies making it prone to nose bleeds. Maybe taking more fluids help cos mine comes on n off.

Just needed to vent my anger. Was on train just a moment ago, standing and holding on the railings as no one gave me the sit to me. Then next station pole started coming in and I just need to hold on to the hand rail , so I ask this man in his 20s, "can I just hold on to the hand rail?" he rudely reply me , there is also another hand rail that side !".

Then I really angry le, cos all I needed is to remain where I am to my position near door as easy to alight .

I replied loudly:" why don't u hold that handrail instead ? Btw i am pregnant"

He replied : " Then u should ask her (the lady sitting in front ) to give you her seat !"

I replied : " You are really mean as a guy and SHAME on you ! "

Ladies , what will u do if you were in my situation ? I'm not really asking for seat. Just need to hold on something.

Sorry for the naggy post. Happy Friday !

Hi Kayla,

Sorry to hear that...

There are plenty of guys out there are like that, and selfishness is the word to discribe them.

TGIF, dun let it affect your mood, and most importantly stay happy for your little one.

Cheer up and treat urself a nice breakfast or something...Be happy. :)

Sunflower and Chloie,

I did my amnino test on Wed.
Procedure done in clinic and test result need 3 weeks !!!!!!!!!!
We keep checking with the doc if it can be fasten, we are willing to pay for any express service charges but he say no, 3 weeks cos it need time for the cells to be cultured in order to get the results.
So I need to worry for another 3 more weeks b4 getting the answer.

I find the procedure pretty painful, at least during the point of drawing the fluid, very sharp and internal pain. Lucky it only lasted for a while.

When would you be getting your results ?
Do let us know ya...meantime Good luck =)

Ooh during the scan, gynae was saying "its a boy"

DolceVita> From what I know, on the form to sign to say what test we are doing, can tick on the one that generate the express report. maybe your clinic send it to a different lab. Dont worry! Everythg is going to be ok! Congrats on your boy!!!!

Anyway, I did mine just now. I feel pain when he inject the anesthetic into my tummy. Then when he insert the needle in to draw out the fluid, i can feel that it is long and is uncomfy. I felt some pressure too when the fluid was being drawn out. The gyne was saying the fast report will be out within 48 hrs. So hopefully all is clear.

Hello mummies,

As I am late to engage a nanny for my confinement already...during our discussion and exchange of information and one mummy (Sparks) refer me to i-kare confinement again. I've actually engaged their nanny in year 2009 for my first confinement and I know i-kare have a fleet of exclusive nannies (with great cooking confinement food skill and with very hygenic infant handling practices and skills) I'm hesitant becos now their usual rate is S$2.2k

But then, since I'm afraid to get non-guranteed performance nanny... i contacted May and we met up and to my surprise i-kare is having a 28 days (single infant) promotion.

Whoever are still in need for confinement nanny help. pls visit www.i-kare.com.sg I've booked yafen their exclusive nanny at only S$2k.

To enjoy this promotion, pls state referral from: Cheuk Ling

no commission! p.s.you can locate me in Aug thread

zara: whats MBR? my bridal room? my doc is particular about weight too, she isnt concerned that i am not taking much meat, as long as i ingest fish more leafy veg and have a good amount of fruits and milk. Guess we should be fine, no need to worry. i have only put on 2plus kg and entering my 18weeks. i have been eating very well, a hearty appetite. Perhaps baby is taking in all my nutrients.

i read that our amniotic fluid taste like our food! does it mean i should take less spicy stuff?

dear mummies! havent log in for a long time cos was really busy..but am reading up since the thread moves so fast..really glad to be gg on leave soon!

how is everyone?

beebeemer: from 18 weeks, bb can hear and yes since 14 wks, bb swallows the amniotic fluid and it would contain tastes of the food we eat..read these from quite a gd book..so if don't want bb to be fussy eater, must eat everything!

but too bad for me, my bb hates fish so im avoiding fish for now with some exceptions..sigh..I am also in 18 wks now, already put on 4kg since beginning =)

btw have u experienced the bubbles and flutters, or even kicks from bb yet? I can't distinguish!

kayla: you are missing from the table!

rabbitz: my gynae make me start fish oil from wk 12/13..he is kiasu type..

vanilla: u are so li hai, managed to put the table on this page. i wanted to share a fertility chart for everyone to play with for fun..but dunno how to do it..

Btw can the experinced mummies tell me..
1) how do u know when bb finish drinking from 1 boob?

2) any1 tried hynobirthing prenatal classes? i cant make up my mind to go tmc's wbb class or hypnobirthing..

3) one more question..but i forgot..

oh btw to share, those who have new maids to take care of bb, can train them @ tmc..got this infant caretaker program about $200/- for 1 day 4 hour session per pax on A-Z about bb...

Dolcevita> there should be a express result knowing true or false dd while detailed report out in 3wks times. Try to
Check again? As I can really understand the torture waiting 3 wks!!

Candymix> once ur boobs feels light, I'll probably know they are empty :p

Hi may mummies, I'm from the June thread. I have failed my Oscar test and planning to go for CVS test cos I can't wait till 15-16 wks to do the amnio test. It's real torturing. Can anyone share with me about your CVS test if you have done it already? I'm super worried about the miscarriage risk factor. Please help. Thanks.

DolceVita, congrats on ur boy!
happy.gif

I wanted the express result, but when i asked the counter after my amnio, the nurse said i have to inform them before the amnio test, as they need to draw out more fluid! Piangz..... Left me with no choice....
sad.gif

KK said if never call in 3 weeks means results ok...

Chloie, got anaesthetic one meh? I saw the doc swiping something cold (alcohol?) then something blackish on my tummy only... Then he poked the needle in liao... My amnio fluid took quite some time to flow out; doc still had to adjust the needle...

Both of u have a gd rest ya..
happy.gif

Hi mommies! been really busy the last couple of days. hope everyone is ok!

Dolcevita, Sunflower and Chloie, do update us on ur amnio results ya? congrats Dolcevita on ur boy..

Re:Bleeding of gums and nose
Actually that's very common. cos our blood volume increases by 30-40% and also makes u more prone to pregnancy gingivitis. similar more blood in ur body puts more stress on the capillaries in ur nose, hence they break easily and u tend to get nose bleeds.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_bleeding-gums-during-pregnancy_217.bc
http://www.babycenter.com/0_nosebleeds-during-pregnancy_255.bc

Vanilla, what u are feeling is normal. that's round ligament pain..
happy.gif
imagine i get it daily till the point i have to hold my belly when i walk!

Anna, my suggestion is for u to wait. a lot of mommies fail their OSCAR yet amnio/ subsequent scans clear their kids of any genetic probs. but really, the choice is up to u. take care!

Who was asking abt pills? i started fish oil at 8 wks i think.. cos for my #1 i started at 6 wks. Fish oil is gd for ur baby's brains and u shd take it even when are breastfeeding.

Woooo.. Visited the gynae this morning and found out that it's a boy ! And we saw him opening n closing his little mouth to drink the 'NEW water'
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I'm letting go 10 pcs of BUMWEAR diapers with 10 inserts @ $300. Will throw in 5 inserts free. Retail price for each insert costs $9. I paid $380 for 10 diapers + 10 inserts.

Please note that these are not preloved hence condition is 10/10.

Self collection at Yio Chu Kang.

Interested buyer, please pm me. Thanks!

Hi

Congratulations to all Mummies!

I am from the October 2011 thread and have already given birth.

I have the following for sale:

(1) Medela Mini Electric Plus (Dual Pump) with a stylish breastpump bag that comes with a cooler bag. Bought on 11/09/2011 and is still under warranty. Selling for $199 only. Self-collect.
(2) Medela Mini Electric (Single Pump) Breastpump. Selling for $50 only. Self-collect.

Interested, please pm me or call me @ 8222 1001. First come first serve only. Thanks.

Wishing all a smooth delivery.

Hey mummies,
I finally remembered my question: I rem one mummy said u wld know if you are dilating fast enough- how do u know?

Btw if got "show", no need to rush to hospital immediately right?

Anyway I met with a gd friend yest n she was saying babies don't need water if they are b/f..well according to PDs I'm sure..but now 6 months later her bb refused to drink water..so how? Do u all still give water?

i have been missing from the forum too! especially during weekends and markets are supposedly slower during December but somehow i am so bogged down at work to even log in. i haven really been taking meat, i think my baby wants to continually convert mama into a vegetarian, first trimester not much meat, until now still not much meat!

candymix: i have tried to eat everything, turned off by fish balls now. so smelly! coming to 19w i hope baby is not a fussy eater cos mummy eats anything and everything. hehe even bitter gourd and brinjal types!

ayana: congrats on knowing its a baby boy! :D now you can go give him a name and start shopping for his clothes. so adorable, opening and closing mouth to eat the liquid. hehe :D

piggy: your cough's still around? weather has been really bad lately so take care of yourself don't get caught in the rains and take more warm water k!

anna: i heard of cases where people fail the oscars but the cvs comes out normal. And the gynae will usually measure the position of the baby and the best position to draw the fluid out to minimize any impact to your baby. perhaps you want to speak to your gynae and prep yourself?

Heya ladies, better post before the busy week starts.. rushing to get a 500pg report printed and send them overseas (6 copies) before christmas!! nuts!

Ayana, congrats on the boy! u can start shopping liao!!

Candymix, here's my attempt to ans ur questions:
1) usually, u feed abt 20-30mins per boob. initial amt of milk (foremilk) is thinner so it flows easier when baby sucks at your boob hungrily. aft 5-10min, ur milk changes to hindmilk which is thicker and more filling. if u feed too short on one boob, baby only gets foremilk and it can make them hungry faster and some say it can lead to colicky babies. my advice is to let the baby suck for min 20 mins, then burp, then offer the other breast to see if baby still wants milk.
2)Not sure abt hypnobirthing, but i guess no harm trying.
3)U dun have to rush to the hospital if u have show, unless accompanied with contraction pains.. for some people, they can lose their mucus plug early but don't go into labour until a few weeks later.
4) yes bf-ed babies dun need water. haha.. i didn't feed my son water until he started solids. if the kid rejects water, there are a couple of things u can do like diluting fruit juices or even syringing water into their mouths.
happy.gif
BM has just the right amt of water for babies so there's no need to feed water.

Beebeemer, cough is better cos i buay tahan and started on antibiotics.. but the bad news is, i m having sore throat AGAIN!!! arghh!!

Hehehe thanks piggy n bee!

Piggy I thInk u should try taking manuka honey, much better n natural compared to taking antibitoics ESP if your cough n sore throat has been dragging..

Bee: my bb loves meat to the core!! I even ate pig trotters n fatty 3 layer pork which I hardly touch b4 preggy..gosh..and he hates fish..steamed or fried..im getting ja-let from all the meat..today "bribed" bb to eat fried fish with promised durians as dessert hahaha

Hi All,

New here. My ETD is 5th May 2012.
Like to check with you mummies, do u take leave or mc for maternity check up?

Thanks!

ayana: i do take fish, quite some fish. meat not that i rule it out totally but if i have cravings i can wolf down a pack of chicky rice. heh! :D or walk past pepper lunch and suddenly wanna have very yummylicious beef i do eat it too. just generally meat isn't the main part of my diet.

candy: haha, urs has a hearty appetite! i can't bear the look of san sam ba! its too not enticing for me. hehe...anything pork turns me off. it is partially due to a movie i watched prior pregnant, i already gone off pork so i don't really know the real reason.

ann ho: i work 1-10pm so i usually schedule my appt in the morning. except my coming detailed scan requires longer time so i took a 1/2 day.

piggy: have u been secretly wolfing down chocs or biscuits? :p take honeyed water and loads of liang teh. i have liang the during my period of sickness and it took me close to 3 weeks to recover when usually i only would need max 3 days.

Good morning mummies to be... It has been a long time since i post was bz at work and resting like crazy!!..

So tired!! Finally i m going to see bb today... so looking forward for it...

Lately i keep waking up cannot sleep so sianz... any mummies like me? is it normal?

Food: i hope i did put on weight...i dun like pork also ... i used to prefer pork to chicken ...but now bb only like chicken and beef... i have been overdose from it... Eating is so "mafan"

Candymix> with regards to drinking water, like what piggywiggy said, bf-ed babies dun need to water... However, i still suggest to feed a bit of water to bf-ed babies on a daily basis... Reason being, to let them get used to the taste of water and so prevent future rejection of water... anyway, no harm in letting bf-ed babies drinking water ar...

Ann> sometimes i will take MC for checkup... however, my company allows me to take 1/4 day leave for check-up... cos i told them that i normally goes for my check-up at 4.30pm... so no point that i take 1/2 day leave and waste half of it... so i rotate between taking MC & leave... cos i also feel paiseh in taking too many MC... heehee... Well, are you expecting ur 1st? Prince or Princess?

Morning everyone,
Taking abt meat, I also dun take much meat. Very put off by pork eversince i went China during first tri and their pork stinks. For protein, i take essence of chicken 2-3 times a week. Will it cause heatiness etc? How regularly do you all take essence of chicken?

Was at bedok interchange hawker on a rainy weekend. Saw pple eating the famous mutton soup! crave like crazy... Suppress myself not to eat.. felt terrible
sad.gif

Sunflower / Chloie,

I didnt notice if there is such an option cos the gynae filled up the form and we just signed off. Keep checking with them but they insist no express service and mention the same too, will not call if the result is ok....
Its like if i get a call from the clinic, means bad news ?

Since the clinic is near my mum's place, think i will go over there to check after 2 weeks...dun wana to wait for the results and to receive the news via phone....so stress...........

B4 the test, I think i do feel some flutter when i lie down, esp if i lie flat on my back. But since the test, ive not felt anything at all...so keep worrying...if what i felt b4 was not real or has anything happen ?

Anyone of you here has not felt anything ? I keep trying all position and be extra sensitive to try to feel something but nothing......
Should I go gynae clinic tonight to check ? ( super paranoid )

Ayana:Congrats! Dr Lim manage to get him in the correct position!I'm dying to know.argh!!did the recep lady org the detailed scan for you?

Piggy: hmmm think you are "overdosed"with wrk, hence sore throat ,cough, try taking a small amt of manuka honey, undiltued and let it slide in your throat. In the morning, gargle saltwater (V concentrated) in your throat. helped me a lot.
Otherthan that,just make sure the vits, fluids and sleep are sufficient!

Dolcevita: hugs!just read your post, know that you're stressed out but i don't think that will help you and bb at all!
some women don't feel bb's movement till like another month!20+++ weeks, it really depends.don't worry k?

Dolcevita, ya dun be stressed... Slender women may feel movement earlier due to the lack of fats in their stomach area, cos no cushioning. I know its hard not to think but try to relax ya.

Esther, yes, the lady called me up this morning and my detailed scan is on 10 Jan, NUH =) Ya Dr Lim uses a top down view to look at the gender, and we saw the peepee sticking out in between the legs. And he pointed out the scrotum to us too (but I dun seem to get it lol)

Hi gals, I am back from Taiwan, had a really good time eating and did alot of walking, walking and walking..

Back from my detailed scan this morning, bb was very cute and cooperative. He must have heard the sonographer who said he has to turn unpside down if not we cannot see him then the next moment, he did that
happy.gif
she said he is quite playful and moves alot, I am glad to hear so coz was not feeling bb alot..babies are really sweet!

It took only about 15 mins for the scan and to key in all the vital information before she told us that bb is doing very well.. showed us his gender too and I can start buying things!

Felt really good that all is well and I hope the same for all the mummies here too. Do take care and walk slowly since the floor is constantly wet lately..

Gynae gave fish oil and continues with calcium n multivitamins..will only go back in 4 weeks' time..she did a measurement of my uterus and said it is supposed to grow 1cm per week, means if you are 20 wks now, it shd measure 20cm..
happy.gif

Surprisely after Taiwan, the weight gain is not alot, hopefully becoz bb is absorbing all the nutrients..

Heard that we will be gaining weight steadily from wk 20, is it so? How much is healthy? Any mummies recommend good shops to buy maternity wear esp work pants and blouses? I browse a few but find them really quite ex..

<font color="aa00aa">Rabbitz,
We can't eat mutton soup when preggie? I personally don't eat beef or mutton but think mutton is more of the heaty type so should be okay for us? I just eat whatever I feel like eating, now crave for chicken rice everyday lol. During my last pregnancy, craved for bak kwa and Magnum, ate soooo much hehehe. I know shouldn't eat stuffs like crabs cos it's too 'cooling' and superstition saying kids will be hyperactive, dunno how true cos I don't eat crabs. ;)

Little dotty,
Bought some maternity clothes from this blog shop http://www.stylishmum2be.blogspot.com/ when I was preggie a few years back. Pricing reasonable, and you can book an appt to go down to this mummy's place to try on the clothing. I suggest it's better to go down and try, rather than just buy online, especially for pants. Definitely more reasonable than maternity clothing stores.
happy.gif

I've Spring Maternity membership card too, should we have a gathering, can arrange for shopping there too if you all want.
happy.gif

Mummies,
I know of this mummy who sells carters rompers and a lot of other baby clothings and accessories like bibs and hankies. She has a thread in bulk purchase and her home is in woodlands. She does open her place to mummies, though she doesn't give discounts even if you go down, she will deduct the postage charges from the selling price. Her place is like a department store, went with my #1 group of mummies we bought so much there. So can organize a shopping spree there too.
happy.gif
</font>

Sunflower> I only know my gyne told me that 20cc of fluid need to be draw out and the gyne [my gyne's colleague] who did the amnio for me only draw out a big syringe of fluid. And say the fast report will be out within 48-72 hrs. He also say need to use anesthetic. And that is the most painful one. I feel really bad after that. It feels weird having something foreign in me. The past few days, I have been feeling ached &amp; pains from my lower tum till I cant slp well ytd night. I have to hold on to my tum when I walk. Im not sure if the anesthetic caused these pain.

DolceVita> The gyne showed me bb's heartbeat after the procedure. But I thought to myself that even if got problem *touch wood*, also wont happen so fast what. But so fast I still feel kicks so should be ok I think.
If you dont feel good, go back to your gyne. Ask you pain lah, come up with some silly excuse then ask gyne to do a scan. LOL!

Food preference> I have been aiming at meat. Must have a meat dish for every meal except breakfast. Not much cravings but really a headache when thinking what to eat. With craving, at least got an aim on what to eat. No cravings, crack brains on what to eat.

And I notice that I am starting to smell weird too. Like chow-sng like that. Anyone experience this?

Thanks all for the consolation...

But guess after detection of being high risk, I started to be paranoid and worry alot.
I even break down and cry out of sudden yday aftn. My husband ask my gal to go comfort me.
She see me cry and instead of asking me not to cry, she cry with me....
In the end, my husband has to come in to comfort both of us....
So funnie now thinking of it....

Its all pent up feelings and guess it hit the limit yday, causing the breakdown...
Haiazz....

Perhaps I should do like what chloie suggested, come up with some excuse just to let the gynae do a scan to check and make sure bb is ok....

chloie, chow-sng? u mean down there or what? During tcc, I noticed a certain weird smell, and end up its a fungal infection. So gynae just inserted med inside.

crystalline17, what's the mummy's nick on SMHF? Can share? =)

<font color="aa00aa">DolceVita,
Cheer up k, hugs. I believe everything will turn out fine, so far those stories I've heard of from other mummies, the babies all turn out fine. Sometimes things are heaven's will, so we just hope for the best. When will you know the results or have you known about it? Sorry, there are too many mummies on this thread and sometimes I skip the posts so getting a little confused.
My hubby's cousin got married in his late thirties and his wife is around that age too. Everything was perfectly ok during pregnancy, the child was healthy at birth till end of confinement too. In the 2nd month, the baby started to develop fits every night, and it lasted for months. Now at 3 years old, she can't sit upright, nor talk or respond to people. Poor thing, should be brain damaged already. But everything was positive during pregnancy checks and no family history too. So sometimes things are not within our control either. Don't worry too much, do think positively and everything should turn out fine.
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Ayana,
The seller is Querida, if you stay nearby can collect from her place in Admiralty. I usually order and collect from her as I stay nearby. She has a Picasa album with her goods so can check it out too.
happy.gif
</font>

DolceVita> Hug hug!!!! Understand how you feel. Bb is going to be very ok! You wont be so heng like me. Dont worry!!!!
Have you call the clinic to make an appt?

Ayana> My smell tend to come from the under arms. If I perspire, it will be worst. Think maybe too much meat intake.

Crystalline> Didnt know that seller organise such "outing". Should we do this? I am planning to buy quite a no. of things from her too.

Back