(2012/05) May 2012

Happy Deepavali ladies!
I'm in Week 11 today! 7 more days to my Oscar scan.... Cant wait!
happy.gif

hi sunflower, what a coincidence! i am on 1w today too! which means your edd is 16 May? I booked my maternity leave today w my manager, 4months! happiness :D My oscars is in 2 weeks, long wait more.

van: all of course wish we have the machine at home then everyday just peep at bb move. heeh not like i know how to operate it but i wish i could see it everyday. my gynae say she has some patients who insist to come in every week to see the beanie. and hor, my abdomen no hair leh! haha i quite hairless to begin w so mine is girl liao la i got instinct also.

piggydear, are u feeling better now?

Beebeemer, Haa.. Ya la.. How I wish lo.. I saw in china website got sell Tis device can hear bb hb de.. Ard $20-30 sgd.. Thking of buying it.. Haa..

I thk out edd quite near leh... Mine is 18 may.. Haaa

Beebeemer, yup my EDD is 16 may! Such coincidence
happy.gif

Where will u be delivering?

Vanilla,
Hehe ya our EDD is v near each other! Now really like counting down the days to Oscar hor, cant wait.... I also thinking of getting a doppler leh.... Anyone got lobang where to get? This China website reliable? :p

Morning ladies.
Seem like a few here started being nauseous n vomiting.o dear.drink more fluids k!bad 2 get dehydrated.

I've been in kkh since Tue night,on-off cos my.no.1 hospitalized 4 wheezing,breathing difficulty.doc said bronchitis.sigh.....tired.hope he can get discharged soon.my poor boy wants 2 b carried,hugged all the time.
Saw a few sick lil babies too.so sad

Esther must take care of your own health too! =( Hopefully work wise, your colleagues are more lenient with u.

Yday we bought our first thing for baby! A Zojirushi thermal bottle. haha. cos i wanted to keep my hot water warm since now i drink hot plain water. so hub just decided to get one proper thermal bottle that we can use for the baby. I dont care if the baby is boy or girl.. i just got my favourite baby pink! haha. loving it...

Tmr is week 10! finally my turn for double digits!

I also bought bra extender from Spring maternity in Vivo yday. 2 for $4.90. So shiok now! =X

Last night just before i sleep, I puke... Everytime when the food is coming, at that second, I always try to figure out what food came out. making out of from the paste. GROSS but like entertaining myself while suffering.

Is a wet day so all mommies careful!!

I also want to cross first trimester quick quick!

esther, my girl had tat before and was put on Inhaler/Nebulizer for a course of 2weeks.. so sad.. now whenever she sees the inhaler she runs and hide.

She was hospitalzied for almost 4days...

It's tough on both child and parents.. hang in there okie.. he will be fine soon! So long you feed him medication and give him inhaler on time he will get well very soon!
happy.gif
HUGS!

esther, oh and if he's already feeling better bring him downstairs for walks, look at toys.. buy balloon for him.. I think he will be less cranky.. haha! tat's wat we did to my girl, she's a total different person in the ward and when she's downstairs playing.. ;)

Vanilla: the hair tingy not accurate wan lah... i also had hair around the belly area for #1, also thought is gonna be a boy but turn out to be girl.. haha..

esther: take care of yourself too esp when ur #1 is down, since u gotta spend more time on him now..

Any mummies here feeling same ar? My boobs get itchy lehz... don't know is it because it had grown too much within a short span of time or what sia... haiz.. so uncomfortable. I had since started using bra extenders already. Funny thing is this had never happen to me for my prev preg...

Hi moms, 
I hv a few items for sale. Please sms me at 91558725 if you are interested. Collection at sengkang, buangkok, hougang, toa payoh and ang mo kio MRTstations only.
1) medela swing breast pump bought 14/8/2011 (warranty till aug 2012), Used barely a mth as i hv not enough milk supply.Will throw in 1/2 bottle of greenlife fenugreek capsules(increase milk supply) and 14 pieces of medela pump and save breastmilk bags. $180   
2) medela washable breast pads, very new and good condition $8
3) 4 pieces of nursing bras size roughly 36B (hv different hook sizes to adjust) selling at $15 for all.
4) 2 pieces of cotton nursing pajamas from Spring at NEX, worn less than 10 times, very good condition. Selling both at $15
5) medela breast shields with carrying case for occassional sore nipples from BF. $10
6) quinny zapp xtra baby stroller (blue), suitable from newborn to 4 yrs old. Used less only a month in excellent condition but decided to sell as hubby bought a jogging stroller from US while on business trip. $420.

morning ladies..
how's everyone?
been crazy trying to complete my professional accrediation..

on leave today because it is my 2nd son's 2nd bday.
happy.gif
too lazy to go to work.. so stay at home to see him misbehave :p
and back to tomorrow to conduct training.. haiz.. sian.. anyway..

yesterday went to sentosa since deepavali hols.. come back all shacked.. ha. my hb is crazy.. he is almost like going back to sentosa whenever my boys' birthdays like that!. we did that when my elder boy was 1 and then 2.. and did that again yesterday for bally's 2nd.. aiyoh.. crazy man..

Dr Piggywiggly: 2nd tri MS? aiyoh.. take care.. no. i am not on the group's FB yet.

(abt to be Dr) Esther: good luck for the preparation to the doctorate!
happy.gif

ops.. just saw..
Take care Esther.. i think u might need to wear the mask and wash ur hands more frequently.. lest you catch any viruses.. speedy recovery to ur kid..

Sunflower, ya la.. Can't wait.. Haa... So excited lo..

Esther, ya muz really take care leh.. I would avoid hospital butbu no choice den muz tc.. Cuz We now e immune system is very low so very easily can catch virus.. Some more hospital is so full of virus lo. I thk muz take care..

Icez, really ar.. Haa.. Cuz my thking is if it's a boy den hormones will be more Ma.. Den become more hairy.. Haa.. Aiya.. So it's not true lazzz.. Haiz.. So disappointed... Haa.. Nvm la.. So long bb healthy can le..
happy.gif

Anyway, any of u carry bamboo stick? I mean laundry la.. Carry e bamboo sticks full of clothes to dry or bring in? Anyone?

Mummies!thanks for your all your concerns!

dozed off whilst making my boy sleep.doc gave him.all clear 2 go home tdy,Yayy!

Micteo:aiyo.u experienced this w it lil one 2!I know how it it exactly,the nebuliser n inhaler...we gotta do that 4hourly.my.boy initially was v irritated e it then we started using it like a counting drumming game,he was ok.BTW,did u ask doc if there's any long term side effects w using it?

esther, YEAH! Good to hear tat! You all can go home and rest liao!
yah.. very poor thing.. my girl would cry and cry while we do the puffing.. i realized that after her puff she can breath alot better, but she under eye gets purplish.. check with ther nurses and she said cos she was crying tats why this happend.

No lei.. I din ask.. but i think wont be very bad.. after you finish the course given and your boy gets better den can stop liao.

Cos i realize after this drama my girl is very prone to cough and start to have mild wheezing very easily... Usually if the cough starts to get bad i will give her the inhaler (Puff once will do the trick).. cos it's suppose to open up the airway.. and I also standby medications for opening airway one so to prevent lor (got it from my family Dr). Hope these info helps.

When he's better you can buy some crocs meat (NTUC Forzen Section shld hv) and cook porridge for him.. very good for coughs and strengthen lungs. I'll let you know if i can think of more..
happy.gif

Vanilla, I do... when I'm at my mum's place.. cos my own place don hv the holes to put the sticks one... gotta use hanger to dry my clothes..
but i think in long run with our big tummy will be difficult lor.. maybe don put too much clothes on the "teck ko" if not very heavy not good for us..

esther, glad tp hear tat... haa.. can stop attracting those virus to u!!

micteo, haiz... clothes hang on e teck ko is not i put den lo.. i cant decide how much clothes to put on e teck ko...

anyway, ytd i do feel headache.. but i try not to take panadol.. So i out some "feng you" got e bing bing liang liang fell den wun feel e headache le.. haa.. =D

vanilla, aiyo.. den u don go and take lor... can siam jiu siam.. :p

Me too tried to avoid but already cannot ta han the pain... when to gp to get panadol and check BP.. good thing everything okie.. phew!

micteo, i siam alot of times liao lo.. haiz.. but this time hubby not home.. i alone first den later mil came back... haiz.. den soon it started to sky black black.. den mil jus surgery cannto take heavy thing den onyl left me.. haiz.. quite not willing cuz i scare will affect bb.. Cuz i rmb someone mention MC aft she took teck ko.. so i quite worried abt this.. tho no scientific proven la.. But i quite worried..

i always use feng you to rub on e headache part.. works for me everyime.. haa.. =D

I dont put bamboo cos ah.. i can put up but dunno how to take down. So when we got our place, hubby just dont put. So now i just those ikea foldable racks. hehe.

Headaches: me! Now! I put vicks on my nose. Smell liao shiok shiok! hehe!

Tmr going back mommy place! miss her cooking!

Hi everyone! so bored!

Vanilla, I feel that the bamboo poles too heavy la. esp if yours is the type that need to insert the pole into the hole type.

Last time my mum's house is this type, I dun even dare to bring in the clothes cos I scared I will fall instead! If really rain just let the clothes soak lor.. Better be safe ahaha!

I only put up the teck ko in the house but not out to dry. To be safe, avoid too heavy weight. The most I will bring only w 1 or 2 pcs of clothes on it.

Hello to all May Mums-to-be~ This is my first time in this forum.. will be going for my Oscar test this Saturday (12 weeks)~ The nurse says no need to fast, but just want to ask if anyone knows if fasting is necessary?
I'm also tempted in buying maternity stuff, but is it too early? haa..

Yip, my mom place oso nv use bamboo de.. Only use those foldable racks.. I prefer tat too.. But u noe.. not my place..

ayana, ya.. its those need to put into hole kind de.. Those traditional type.. i thk i'll kana say if i let e clothes get drenched.. high chances will kana... haiz..

Babypom, clothes not i hang de.. i was only told to bring in e clothes when rain and if too heavy den ask hubby to bring in but hubby not even at home how to bring in oh... haiz..

teck ko - i guess it all depends on how comfortable you are with it lah.. if you think it's too heavy, then don't do it. I've been doing it all my life, and I'm quite ok with it, so I'm still doing it. Of cos, when it's too heavy, I just ask my hubby to do it.

So, just watch out, and be careful.
happy.gif

What have your'll started to buy? We'll be getting the Phillips baby beginner bottles set this Saturday at the sale.. Is anyone going too?

KRC, maybe i;ll try to feedback to hubby.. Maybe i myself too yim jim liao lo.. Wanna be a pamper pregnant princess.. 1st one ma.. haa.. So i'm beware of anything tat will increase e risk of hurting my bb.. =)

a-min, i haven get anything yet leh.. maybe will only start slowly after my my oscar scan.. which is 1 week from now!! so excited.. keke.. =D

Hi

anyone here renew domestic maid passport b4?
how long is the validity for each renewal. one year or 2 years.. Keep calling the indo embassy no one picks up the call de.. Argh...

A-Min,

Is there Philip sale this weekend ? At their Toa Payoh warehouse ?

I need to get a milk bottle sterliser. My previous Avent one spoil exactly a year from date of purchase..haha..and not worth to repair it.
So thinking to get another one, but might just get a cheaper one this time round.

Still have time though, will just wait around for any good sale coming up.

Mummies, pls do update here if you know of any sales coming up =)

A-min, Philips baby beginner bottles are good? Currently, my knowledge about bottles is just that it is best to be BPA free...

Hi DolceVita, yup, Phillips sale is on this weekend at TPY. I want to get a sterilizer as well.. will go see.
Ayana, heard from hb colleague that it's a good set to start so buy and try lo.. oh, it's BPA-free. =)

DolceVita: yours also spoilt within a year??? Mine also! haha.. basically had not been using the steriliser ever since then.. since already pass 1yo.. but was thinking if Avent steriliser is worth buying... seems like easy to spoil huh... *tsk*

Ayana: it largely depends on the infant also because Avent teats are bigger. Some of my friend's babies cant take Avent, gotta settle for tommee tippee or Pigeon instead. But it is impt to go for BPA free bottles.
happy.gif

Have you gals heard of Playtex before? Seems like not bad leh.. But nv really heard any mummies use it before.. BUt Tommee Tippee is quite popular rite? Even like won awards or something like tat...

Vanilla: yes, my #1 is using the straw bottle for drinking water. Not too sure about their range of milk bottles though...

If not buying Philip can wait till parenthood sale lor, coming up 11-13 nov at expo I think...

Haha vanilla I also paranoid abt gender when hubby starts shrieking about more hairs on my neck n tummy..plus face change from dry to oil type, even hair also oily!

So shiok to be on leave today n doing nothing but walking around hehehe!

micteo, Hee I wasn't that active in posting on 04/2009 thread, did reading most of the time, am really lazy! Met up with the Apr mummies once to go shopping only lol.

Moment, I renewed my Indo maid's passport a few years back, if I'm not wrong it's 5 years validity. You check the embassy website, they have instructions there on how to renew. Yeah the hotline service sux.
sad.gif

Hanging of bamboos
My fren told me her fren MC cos stretched to put the bamboo poles up. I think mummies better avoid this action, get your hubbies to help if there is no other help at home. I rem when I was preggie with #1 and no maid yet, I told hubby to hang clothes cos I couldn't stretch, iron my clothes and cook too cos too warm near the iron and stove cos too irritating for my tummy, very good excuses haha. =p

Esther: my bally and then Bao both gena the neub before.. one of medication.. is actually a mild steriod.. not the ventolin.. the liquid one which comes in round capsules.. and u need to break it off and pour it into the neub one..? i suddenly forgot the name! aiyoh.. anyway. i check it up online and realised it was a steriod given to my bally under 1 year old! and i panicked.. kept questioning my PDs (both also give the same thing somemore). till they fed up and tell me.. very mild nia.. :p:p.. coz online they said extensive.. if like always use to curb asthma will stunt growth... but both boys big and tall (ok. elder bro taller).. so i tink no worries if finish and stop and not on it long term kind..

Vanilla: i used tommee tippee for my second boy.. because it looks so darn cute.. :p ..ha.. no lah. coz u observe the teat.. it is very wide..so the bb has to open his mouth wide just like the way he needs to latch on to our areole in order to bf...
in a way it helps to reduce nipple confusion.. as it can happens for a bf baby who is given the bottle.. and since the flow of the bottle is faster. .the bf bb no longer like to latch (coz latch from breast, flow is much slower).. this tommee tippee has a slower flow than most bottles.. designed with the intention to complement breastfeeding...

my avent steriliser.. after two kids (and 3 years of intensive usage.. goner!).. and i am now pondering if i shd buy a new one just for this #3.. i cannot imagine if i need ot boil to sterilise all the time. leicheh!

Philip warehouse sale.. Ya, I'm going!!! Hehe walking distance for me..
happy.gif
go see see look look, still contemplating if shld buy breast pump, I've Avent Manual pump, not sure if I shld get the electronic one.

Candymix, me too! My sis, mum, aunty, all say my face shape change.. When facial just now, even my beautician also comment I hv alot of clog pores... Hai... Super sian...

Crystalline, me too read only.. Seldom post there.. Hehe! I'm still in contact with some of the Apr09 mums in FB..
happy.gif

welcome a-min!
my kid wants to turn me into a vegetarian. whenever i eat meat, it comes out. i tao jiak mcnuggets for dinner and all came out!
sad.gif

Asrto, ya lor I agree with u.. I'm going to close factory after this #2, so a lot of things not sure shld buy or not, I worry like use awhile den throw one side.. Very wasted...

astro, i kinda like playtex millk bottles but not sure if its really good.. Reviews good and bad lo.. haa.. I also saw e tommee tippee one.. quite pop leh.. even in magazine some more.. haa.. but i also heard bad reviews abt it..

But come back again, it all depends on bb de rite? If they are suitable for e bottles...

I thk nov got a baby fair rite?

Heya mommies! busy day for me..

Beebeemer, Astro, Vanilla, i thought i was getting better cos i didn't puke last night but ended up puking just now.. :S damn miserable leh.. my fear is that it will continue throughout my 2nd trimester.. so not fair.. i endured the nausea for the first trimester liao.
sad.gif

Esther, i left a msg on ur FB but guess u didn't see it. glad to hear that ur kid is better!! when kids are sick, it is us parents that worry like hell.. nonetheless very heartpain to see them suffering.. hang in there. The usual steriod dose given is mild enough that our kids won't have any 'long term damage'. i think gotta weigh it in context as the inflammation would make it hard for him to take in air, which would lead to a whole lot of probs. gotta treat the inflammation before he can get better..

Wah u all getting stuff for baby liao. for me, i will only wait till aft detailed scan.. hehe anyway nothing much to get for me. just need to send my pump for servicing and make sure my steriliser is still working. i use the pigeon one and it lasted very long.. actually i think u guys can afford to wait till next march when Taka has their baby fair.. really worth buying, like the Pigeon or Avent starter kit (steriliser, bottles, food warmer) for abt $179. for me i chose Pigeon cos it is slightly taller than Avent steriliser, which means i can leave my pump assembled to sterilise. don't have to break it down into smaller components to fit.
happy.gif

Abt bottles, i think Avent is the only one scientifically proven to prevent colic. There is an actual study published. not sure abt other brands.. BUT having said that, Avent changed their bottle's design so they are very very prone to leak now.

Mic, u had a lot of milk for ur #1? if yes, then would encourage u to get electric pumps (though not Avent). save time so u can slp or play with #1!!

A-min, I've already started buying maternity clothes lo... My pants all too tight.. Haha! No pants wear... :p brought some maternity bra too (from Spring Maternity).. I find my current normal bra very uncomfortable..

Back