(2012/05) May 2012

Hi
long time nbr log in. my edd changes after my gynae appt yest, 7 May now.
so happy to see 11wks! i thought oni 10 wks...

can i chk how freq u went to pee? me sometime can go like every 30mins-1hr! & there really pee.. not a drop! i dun hv encounter this during my #1,wonder if it's normal.

piggy: wah. isotopes.. are u a nuclear scientist by training? :p

back to crabs. i am planning for a crab FEAST come nov.. to reward myself for the crazy semester as well as these few weeks! haha

beebeemer/icez: can't help laughing at icez's 'the accupuncture so li hai? hehe... poke poke until preg?'! LOL..

just received a call from my gynae's clerk.. all ok. oscar's ok.. blood test okay. everything all ok.. and i also okay then.. haha.
then she asked if i got hepathatis (forgot how to spell) B jab liao. i said i forgot.. :p anyway i have the antibiodies.. so also ok .. lol..

poor charmaine. but it is a relief for her.. haiz.. maybe it was a case of never meant to be for these little toddlers. but i am happy that they are now relieved of pain and frolicking in fun in the playground in heavens.. *sigh*.. [it makes my two boys slightly more angelic when i tell myself to appreciate them more].

so it starts the 12 weeks plus for me.. i still dun have a bump.. ha.. got the resident bump too big.. bb can't make its impact.. so i dun think i have felt the bb move..

Piggy: the sonographer did't say that.. it is the gynae. but i know she's joking with me coz her case and mine revrse.. my gynae's has 4 girls and only one boy.. while i am hoping for a girl! ha..

Can finally smell the weekend is here!~~

Enjoy the wkend ladies... and btw there's a babyfair at expo also~... will be dropping by there to check out any goodies~ hehe...
happy.gif

vanilla: blackmores pregnancy and bf vitamins has content of Omega 3 ma? the pill big big anot? Think maybe I go GNC buy the Omega 3 pills for pregnancy one... think it is smaller size, easier to swallow... the others looks gigantic, dun noe how to squeeze down my tiny throat lei... scare scare ah... but no choice I want bb to be smart smart lei... now 12 weeks den start dun noe too late anot...

Heard you ladies talking about crab.. what I heard is that eating crab might cause bb skin to be not that beautiful... not only crab, mainly seafood... hence, I never eat crab and dun dare to... if she's gal gal, den i rather 10 months dun eat, bb skin pretty pretty... My auntie was saying it is true... well my cousin (boy boy) skin really very beautiful and fair... mei mei de and rosy rosy... so I curb all temptations from seafood... bu ke yi chi... bu ke yi!!!

Hi mummies

I am back from Oscar screening today. BB HB @ 173bpm and measuring 6cm now. Sonographer said measurement is good and now pending for blood test result next week. Hopefully no phone call = good news
happy.gif

Went to gynae after Oscar and he measured the neck and scan for nasal bone. He is very proud that his machine can scan very clear image too hehe so funny

babypom: so happy for you! how many weeks then baby is 6cm?

ice: my weekend is in another 3 hours, i end work 10pm
sad.gif
boo hoo..

astro: actually i think its because during acupuncture u follow a very strict diet and its like really alot veg fruits less meat then exercise alot so body become healthier. maybe thats why? haha i dont really know why also. maybe all the mummies who wanna go lose weight can go w me after we deliver to aimin.

baby tots: i will feel the urge to pee, but when go loo is like not much. but in office i down alot of water so i go to loo pretty frequent, especially when its so cold here!

HI,
Long time no log in as the whole week i'm sick, regards the crab, i agree stobeli what she say, if possible please dont take too much the crab as well.

Any mummies during week 8 can see & hear the bb heartbeats ready? as today my gynea scan he say one can hear the heartbeats but another one can't hear heartbeats so maybe can't survive.So sad.
sad.gif

he tell me week 10 then come back scan again.

mei80, dont worry about it, maybe ur bb is just shy and not giving the sonographer a good view of its sides. everything will be fine, or you could see a 3rd opinion with another gynae, sometimes their tech skills play a part too.

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 8:51 pm:   
Beebeemer. Icez, Gladseow,
Wahh more eastsiders haha! Good good.. :p

Anyone been to Baby Fair? Is it worth going ah? Am planning to go tomorrow...

Mei80, stay positive ok? Maybe the other bb is shy... I'm sure u'll see 2 sets of heartbeats come week 10!

Hello! I'm east sider Also! Fell sick again tdy.. Think our immunity now lower becos of bb is it?

I work till 8,9pm buay Tiong Liao!! Used to be able to push till midnight, 2 am..

Wah Babypom, how many wks are u n bb already 6th? When I went a wk ago, bb hb already 170 beats/min.. But only 14mm leh... Is it too fast? Does it mean a girl?

candy: my gynae never count the hb rate, but she let me hear, whoa tears flood my eyes once i hear it so loud and strong. really another life beating away in me. :D my bb was 31.25mm at 9W5D, but the scan showed 10W so i dont really know if i should adjust the bb's age

Babypom, mich, I got a call from my gynae at 7pm today! Gave me a fright! When I saw his number I was like die liao die liao. Sure bad news. In the end it was nothing. It's his habit to call all his patients up when he gets the test reports. My adjusted risk was 1 in 11,000 if I didn't rem wrongly. I told him he gave me a fright and he laughed and apologize. Really no regret staying w him!! Anyway I'll be seeing him on tues so he said he will explain more on that day.

Beebeemer, I wore jeans today cos it's fri. Wear dress without heels looks very yucky so thought I wear jeans with a nice top as I had meetings with external parties plus dinner. Just jeans lor. Nothing special. Hahaha.

Re:crabs
I'm a logical person and would need a lot of evidence to prove to me otherwise to believe that seafood gives bad skin. Hehehe. So far, I have not come across any proof of such thing so I will just eat, in moderation. Of cos if u choose not to do so, also fine.
happy.gif
my mom avoided crabs but my sis and I have terrible skin. I rather spend my effort on breastfeeding than worry abt this for now. Heheheh. My opinion only hor.

Astro, nuclear scientist!! Wahahaha. No lah not so glam. Though I'm one of the 5 people trained in s'pore in my field.
happy.gif
are u on our FB grp?

Esther, I'm curious abt ur occupation too. Cancer researcher? From A*Star??

Mei, hrmm.. Did u ask Prof if u could swop to Dr Foong? Hang in there. Dr F let me hear the heartbeat as early as 6 wks 4 days. Actually hearing is not impt. It's the rate of the heartbeat that is more impt.

Candymix, I am in my 12 weeks 1 day but measurement shows 12 weeks 3 days. Yr bb has a very strong hb at 8 weeks which is very good ar
happy.gif
can tell the gender by hb rate mah?

Piggy, yr gynae really give u a big fright but it is a great news after all. Congrats in clearing yr screening
happy.gif

My next appt is 4 weeks later! arrghh soooo looong

Baby: so u gd u gg into 2nd trimester Liao..

Is it strong hb? At that time, DH n I thought hb so fast?? Hehehe

Yah u know those gender myths..they say hb <140 is boy etc..can't be true right? Hehehehe

baby tots, ya.. i do pee quite a few times during night time.. which last time before preggy, i can dun pee till i wake up in e morning.. Now sometimes 1 night can pee twice lo... quite distrubing..

I'll wake up as i felt my bladder is so tight like wanna burst liao.. I felt abit pain lo... I gues its telling me to wait up and pee. I dun feel those urgent peeing but is e force on my bladder tat makes me wake up and it hurts lo..

Anyone encounter tat ar? Ytd one was a bad one.. I pee ard 9am in e morning and i felt some pain on my left side, i thk is ovary area.. Not sure if its e cause of e bladder.. or e strecthing of e uterus.. Gonna ask gyane next visit.. =)

astro, haa... same same.. i alreayd had a bump liao.. so cant even if the bump grows i oso dun thk its obvious ba... haa.. =D

Icez, when is e bb fair?

stobeli, it is those big big pills.. I thk if u wan those small pills it will be only like got single vitamins inside only.. Like e one i'm having combine so many vitamins and supplement.. So it big and understandable.. Tats wat i thk la.. Its like going shopping den i buy folic acid,omega, vitamin A, Vitamin B, vitamin E, vitamin c... SO many itmes of cuz they give u a big bag la.. haa.. If not cant contain so many ma.. haa..

But y 12 weeks den start? Did u take folic acid from e start? It is very impt leh... even before preggy... When ttc-ing...

Re:Seafood
Really will cause bb to have not nice skin ar?? BUt i thk bb born nice skin but sure aft 1 month will have rashes or wat de leh.. I always saw bb like tis.. =(

Mei, maybe another one hide up ba... Dun worry.. =)

Babypom, wah... 6cm leh.... So big leh... My last scan was jus 2.75cm... haa... But i find tat beanie is bigger den average.. Cuz i use iphone app ma.. Got show like week wat how many cm... den beanie is always a little bigger den wat is stated inside e app.. I hope it dun grow too big. later very difficult to come out.. haa.. average jiu hao...

Ya... haa.. cant wait to give money to gyane rite.. lol.. me too... keke.. =D

If everything goes wel... i can sign up for package on the next scan le... keke.. By then will ard 12 weeks le... so excited... =P

beebeemer, wah... 9 weeks 5 days... is already 3.15cm??!!! very big leh... mine tat day 9 weeks 4 days only. 2.75cm leh... lol... =D

Candy, i thk its normal leh.. Cuz bb hb usually is twice faster den our normal hb.. =)

Arghh can't sleep! Had gas problem.then stumbled upon char's blog,read n cried.Cynthia is so strong...must b tough battle last 2years.just hugged n snuggled my lil 19mth mth boy.babies should not b put under such pain!

Piggywiggy:yeah,wrking on my phd thesis now.ironically on adult form of neuroblastoma-glioblastoma....makes me real sad that all these research....the treatments,still not ableb2 win the fight.
U r really.nuclear physicist?*wink*

Oh 12 wks ah..according to iPhone app, should be ard 5cm so slightly bigger..but so fast hor??

Vanilla: I guess this also depends on the genes whether bb bigger or smaller..I read somewhere before the growth spurt is in 2nd trimester n that's when all our bb will be different sizes:)

I tried the blackmores pill but couldn't swallow..now taking like 5-6 pills a day..also very sian..now I understand y old people dread pills already!!

candymix, ya.. i jus hope bb dun grow too big.. Scare difficult to come out... haa...

I'm having e blackmores pills.. 2 pills daily... no choice.. i guess its e combination of many vitamins and supplement tats y so big ma.. haa.. i mean those vitamins mostly we cant get it from daily intake so we muz take these supplement lo.. wat to do.. doe r sake of bb... haa... =D

Crabs : I had 2 days of crabs and my dad frequent JB to pack seafood. Really yummy.....

Peeing : I also wake up frequently to pee. Last time when with #1, no problem on sleeping thru till morning then pee. Bladder weaker after childbirth ?

Sore Breast : Does any mummies have breast sore?

I already feel painful and heavy.... I didnt experience this feeling at this early stage when preggy with #1. Its really causing discomfort to me.

Raining today , nice to nap....

Maternity clothes:
Anyone knows where to get nice maternity clothes? Not the ah ma kind. I'm looking for pants with elastic waist. Have been wearing dresses. But sometimes sit on the floor dress abit inconvenient. So want to get some pants. I can't fit into my current pants/shorts anymore
sad.gif
any idea where to buy other than online?

Kalya, wow... i wanna eat the crabs too.. salted egg crabs... actually i can dun eat the crabs but i wnna eat e sauce!! *drooling*

As for sore breast, i only had tender breast during my 4-7 weeks of pregnancy.. And its also not tat kinda very pain de.. Jus uncomfortable only.. Now dun have le.. Starting from 8 weeks onwards.. not much feel liao.. now totally gone.. haa... =D

Beebeemer! I'm staying at blk 79! wah we stay very near after you move to TPY!!!! anyone staying near by? I saw your place it's almost all up and ready lo.. excited?! hehehe!

I want! I want! Lets go for acupuncture to loss weight!

Vanilla, Me too! If i tah han too long will feel the pain... every night at least must wake up and pee twice lor.. den morning very early go again.. very tired sia... sometime hold for too long den when peeing will feel like the tummy suan suan one.. esp at the sides..

Today abit sian... was talking to my mum with regards to breastfeeding.. she's very discouraging about it.. ask me don bf my baby.. cos she say i wont get enuff rest and breast will turn very ugly.. ask me just get the pills from Dr to stop the BM...

She was already discouraging me from BFing my #1... always nag and nag about it...

so we argued about it.. she told me if i want to go ahead and bf den go bother to ask her over to help me cook confinement food... ask me go cook myself.. makes me very sad.. she jus don understand the good thing of BF... hai...
sad.gif

That's good news Babypom!
happy.gif

I went for my OSCARS this morning too, really crowded at TMC scan clinic..took a tube of blood and had to sign this consent for HIV testing..

I am really happy to know my hubby can go in to the scan room with me..the sonographer first took her measurements for abt 15mins before she turned her screen to explain the bb's situation to us..really nice lady, and she is caucasian..
happy.gif

She said everything looks good, and even bothers to explain the purpose and what the results may mean..my heart is really glad when I heard she said bb is doing well, heartbeat is gd and it has grown to desirable size at 11wks..

I also pray no news is good news..hopefully blood test shows everything is good too..

Good luck to all mtbs who are going for your OSCARS..
happy.gif

Mei80 be positive ya, like micteo says, talk to your bb..

Hi Mommies!

re: charmaine
Yeap, is her. couldnt stay by her in hospital cos hubby so worry i break down again. last time i was in ICU, i walked in, and cried terribly. i wonder if it scared charmaine. hubby felt it wasnt good for the baby cos of my sobbings. then, of cos the two mommies are more of the pantang one. couldnt see her off in hospital and in wake. =( really wanted to walk this last journey with her before she heads to His arms. Hubby was really sweet. he was hugging me in bed and asked me what was charmaine face the minute she left us. I told him, it was all about her cheeky smiles, how she emulates my action, and her nuggets dip with icecream (after i did the fries with ice cream). Then hubby said, so now u know, she is always smiling. that brings immense comfort to me. i really hope i meet none of such monsters again.

IN a happier note, my visit was great! Thanks AK and others! I was week 9 and i brought my mom with me. She really enjoyed the whole scanning thing. Bb was boxing, kicking and bouncing. bb is ard 2.54cm, but i look like i am carrying a larger size bb cos of my belly. lol. Took blood test and 3 weeks later is my detailed scan in NUH. wonder if the nurses are gentle too.

re: tender breast
Still is! and my upper back muscles kinda suan. Dunno is it cos is time to change my bras too.

re: toilet visits
One night, 3 times till next day 6am. sianz... =(

Hey mummies, do u know how much does the TMC pharmacy charge for elancyl stretch mark cream? Watsons now selling 2 for 59.90, dunno if worth anot??

Newbie: can check out joy luck club n kiddy palace for maternity pants?

Kayla: I also had sore boobs in first 6 wks but now not anymore..same like vanilla..just occasionally feel it..nipples are darker now though

Hi ladies.. didn't get to eat my crabs in the end cos MIL was sick so had to postpone my dinner..
sad.gif

Esther, woohoo.. how many more years to finishing your thesis? I finished mine last year! towards the end was a bit crazy cos i was back to work full time, writing full time and doing A LOT of editing.. got a bit emo also cos i couldn't just drop my work to write and i needed to finish ASAP. My defense was earlier this year but i took 2 wks off to do it cos from the day i received my thesis back to my defense was a mere 16 days.. crazy i know!!

Nopes def not nuclear physicist! i hate physics.. hahaha...

Mic, that's so sad to hear that from ur mom.. how can she hold ur welfare hostage just because u wanna bf? is like she is forcing u not to bf leh.. i'm not sure if bringing her to baby/ parents talks might help change her mind.. i can assure u my boobs still looked abt the same as before, except it is bigger.. haha.. if u are determined to bf, then u really gotta learn to shut these things away. for me, my MIL didn't like me bf-ing.. kept saying my milk was too weak and watered down and baby will nv get full. i was so upset that i was very rude to her. luckily my hb is very supportive of bf-ing and told her that she was ignorant and illiterate if she thinks FM is better than BM. reflects how 'smart' she is. that plus the fact that my son seldom fall sick made her change her mind.

Kayla, i have sore nipples. count? i m also feeling heavy and crampy.. prob round ligaments stretching... today was esp bad..
sad.gif

Littledotty, yay! congrats for clearing the OSCAR!

Candymix, TMC is selling less than $50 for 2 tubes. Cheaper than anywhere I think.

Littledotty, happy for you and congrats for clearing the OSCAR
happy.gif

micteo, u too.. i dun feel e urgent to pee leh.. but awake cuz e bladder felt alot of pressure and pain... so uncomfortable lo...

As for bfing, i really cant comment much cuz i dun have exprience.. maybe u cna tell ur mom tat doc said so.. It is good for bb... Maybe can lie to her tat doc said muz bf cuz bb need breastmilk?

Yip, tdy i saw one of e blog of charmanie which is done by her godma i thk... i read and cried.. it is really sad.. The way char's mummy describe how e lump jus simply appear in e mouth, hands,legs.. Bet tat her mom muz have felt so hard to make e decision of not letting her continue with the chemo session.. It muz really be hard on her.. I cannot imagine..

Glad tat she need not suffer any more pains.. Hope she is doing great in the god's hand.. =)

micteo: infrom your mother about bfeeding pros eg. lower allergy risks, better immunity, less chance of eczema, closer mother-child relationship.its like that cos ppl that age (my MIL)included were brought up to think that FM-fed babies are more atas. only farmer,labourer's mummy bfeed cos no $$, hence less nutritous. MY MIL AND mom were brought up to think FM more superior, but slowly let them expose to more shows/leaflets will let them change mindset. BUT personally, hubby's support is MOST impt!
such emotional blackmail will not work well for you-mother and baby-grandma realtionship.

piggywiggy:WA!!!u did your defense when #1 how old?nightmare!i'm writing my thesis [email protected]
sad.gif
hope to do defense b4 #2 arrives!how u manage ?tips?advise??helps?!?!pls!hehe

piggywiggy,
Dun get upset ok. Men are like that... wait till you hear about mine... the most ultimate lah. During my #1 delivery, whilst I was in labour ward, he went back to work for a few hours coz my gynae said I wont deliver till evening. Imagine in labour already then left alone. No other person can come and keep me company summore.... stylo hor.

Sunflower, mine was in the afternoon abt 4pm. My Oscar scan would be 11am. Like that I think maybe won't meet le.

RE: Crabs
I ate through both previous pregnancies. I dun see any "itchy fingers" problem and no eczema or anything. Both kids have good skin and my #1 does not even have the "like to anyhow touch things" problem. If worry about skin, I feel that the coconut is important. Coz my aunt's kids, first 2 she din take... have some eczema/skin problems. Last 2 she took... nice skin. So tried and tested - same mother. :p

micteo: try to explain nicely lor. at most eat humble pie and say that you need her help and her helping you will give her opportunity to bond with bb since young. In the event that it doesn't work out... order confinement food lor... bo pian. I kan kai already. I also had such problems with #1 but when I manage to BF her till 15mths and my freezer is full of milk, she grow up so healthy and strong and pretty, everyone start to shut up. So during #2, no one ask or object anymore, they just auto bring baby to me when hungry - at most ask me "you want to feed or want to warm up the milk in the fridge".

Hi all! Congrats to all who successfully completed the OSCARS!

i can't wait for the nauseous feeling to go away soon! today it seems that i was feeling nauseous even after meals! which is normally not the case. hope it goes away soon!!

Rosegal,
Me too! This whole week has been bad, MS comes back again.. Tis afternoon just puked out my food... Thought it'd gone but it comes back again...
sad.gif

Esther, seriously it was nuts.. i submitted my thesis when my boy was 21 mths old. had my defence when he was 28 mths old. i took a lot of time off from my work.. i'm quite blessed in the sense that most of my cols are PhD holders so they know how tough it is to finish and were willing to take over my job for a few mths while i finished it off (better for them in the long run too). most days, I would be working 14-16 hrs solid with abt 4 hrs of slp. i worked on Sundays too. left my son with my mom and went back to the lab to write. it was this period that my son developed his preference for his dad. before that, my son only wanted me.. sigh.. as for defense, it wasn't too bad as there weren't many tough questions from the examiners. didn't have to change much of my thesis before i submit the electronic copy too.. but boy, am i glad that part of my life is over!! I guess the key to 'success' would be discipline and knowing ur questions very, very well. like why u are doing a certain set of experiments for, what exactly are u trying to prove? i had a number of scares at 3am in the morning when i couldn't rem why in the world i was doing certain things and thought i had to redo my analyses!! haha.. feel free to chat with me on FB.. let's not bore the rest of the moms here. :p

Fifi, nah i m not mad at him.. more like mild irritation that he can forget abt the appts despite me reminding him just 2 days before it. i m pretty independent lah, u know me from the old Nov 08 thread.. but part of me wonders what if he forgets to come with me when i'm in labour? punctuality is not my hb's strongest suit.

Rosegal, Sunflower, i also agree abt the ms!! i m 12 wks+ and i m still feeling like crap.. it was so bad that i tried to induce vomitting but failed..
sad.gif

Good morning all MTBs!
happy.gif

I am starting to feel less nauseous, but appetite still not very good..Have any of your doc advised strictly against peanuts? I really feel like having peanut butter spread and went ahead :p..my fav is peanut pancake which I kept off though..

I tot my appetite is really poor so anything that I feel like eating, I will go ahead and eat
happy.gif

I still rem very vividly the cute little beanie on the scan screen..so beautiful!

I still have peanut butter spread weekly
happy.gif
gynae never advise to avoid leh

I asked hubby to take video when my gynae doing the scan so I keep refreshing my memory by watching it hehe

Have a good start of the week to all working mummies
happy.gif

Morning all!

Littledotty, I still eat peanut butter spread, but i dont binge on peanuts. Cashew and almond, i do eat the whole nuts though.

The last week was changing for me. i first had serious acid reflux that leads to overeating and puking. Towards the end of the weak the acid reflux became pure nauseous, and all i could puke was air, and acid. Yday, i started vomitting food... my nuggets! =( This morning, i just puke air after brushing teeth.

And did i mention, i cried over the weekend cos i feel sooo pukish. =(

I gonna head for a double-digit week soon!

congrats babypom!

Mine is on 11th Nov.

My gynae calls it first trimester detailed scan. is it the same as OSCAR? Is it an invasive scan?

Yip. I also eat one mouthful of peanut butter pancake cos I have been craving for that! Gynae also didn't say can't eat that. But my mum says better not, scare Bb in future wil have allergy. once again, Don't know how true but I think eat a little
once in a while should be no prob, eat in moderation.

Kayla: I also got sore boobs now, initially don't have much but I can feel it getting sore as time goes by.

Re: ms
I'm alr off ms since last 2 weeks! So happy! Jia you to all mums who's still having ms, it wil be over soon!

littledotty. Yes that include blood test result phew! Got a fright to see the number though haha was told they call only if result is high risk need to go for more tests

Thanks Yip,rosegal
happy.gif

Back