(2012/04) Apr 2012

geez... i also had 2 contractions before and didnt know they are contractions until the machine picked them up. I didnt even feel any pain or tightening or whatsoever! Now this is scary! :S

CheekyDuckie : you are indeed one very cool & calm mama. I think seeing fresh blood when I change, I would have freaked and panic already. Haha your whole labour preparation sounds very cool - still can go back office handover and go to Mac for breakfast...I like!!! Oh didn't know they have a pelvic x-ray to confirm if baby head can come out. That's cool cuz Im always wondering how will I know if my baby head can go through. Hehe. I assume all gynaes do this check right?
I'm seeking a 2nd opinion on amnio fluid level (cuz I keep leaking when I cough)...hope that's not too kiasu of me cuz I don't see my gynae till end next week (walk in wait is 2-3 hours) and I wanna know if I can go back to yoga soon. hehehehe.

andreanie - yes!!!! scary..ahhaha i never knew contractions would actually happen before D-day.

Hi Mummies,

I am 28 weeks today. I sometimes get tightening above the belly button and sometimes on the right side, is that Braxton Hicks? When i touch it's hard, wondering if it's the baby or BH.

Beowie
Yes me! Get pins and needles in my hands when I wake up but never really took note of the position I’ve been sleeping in.

Haha high five. I will leave my kitchen cabinets alone and only attack the areas that are highly visible!

cheeky duckie
all hail calm mama!
happy.gif

yay hitting ikea today to get some stuff for the girls' room
happy.gif
if any of you knows anyone who has these items for sale, can let me know please? TIA!

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/30168149/

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/20169210/

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/30195204/

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/70178014/

Kimmy: don't worry abt the coughing and leaking. I am experiencing the same thing now. Very very irritating.
The xray for pelvic is not standard practice. Actually pregnant woman not advised to go xray. But cos my #1 really had a very large head, beyond the 100% percentile, and my gynae said my hip bone looks narrow, that's why she told me to go for it. Better than try natural and later baby stuck and need c-sec.

Mummies, must stay calm during delivery lar. that will make the entire process more enjoyable. You will tend to remember more abt the process too. Panicking will just make things worse.

kimmy - prolly the one that is leaking when u cough or sneeze is actually urine, not your amniotic fluid. happens to me too and yup very irritating! lol!

10 weeks to go seems like forever. Im looking forward to turn 30 weeks and hope by then 6-8 weeks will pass very fast!

I'm 26 weeks along now.. tummy is stretching so much that i'm feel so itchy!! I spread on tons of stretch mark cream but this time just not working. Arwgh!!

pinkbunny
you are preparing the nursey eh? so fun! I just ordered some wall decals, can't wait for them to come! Hubby say to set up my boy's room after CNY. Its getting so near..

Hi Mummies,

Am a silent reader since preggy with #2. EDD will be 27 Apr. Seeing Dr Adrian Woodworth and delivering at TMC.

Has became a habit to look thru' this forum every morning before i start work.

Heehee, hope everyone is well and enjoying everyday with the little bun in us.

FB group, can add me: [email protected]

Hi, everyone, I have a white cot for giving away. Only used for 2.5 years, my boy has outgrown it. It has a drawer at the bottom too. Length is 120cm. Height that baby sleep at can be adjusted.

Anybody keen please email me [email protected] for photos or more enquiries.

Kudos to Cheekyduckie for being so calm
For my #1, i was tensed up and i guess that's why my cervix was not opened, even under Oxytocin drip from 9am - 1pm. Until the epidural came and numb my hips downwards, then when i cannot control my muscles liao - then the cervix opened very fast and was so relieved i finally hear my gynea say: ok you r ready!
Hope this time i can remain calm too!
Good weekend to everyone!
Stay in good health and enjoy every moments & movements in our bellies! =)
Jesline

Cheekieduckie
U were epidural free? Salute you man! As mine was vbac, I had to be on epidural. And it took many hours for me to dilate. Contraction started at 4am, only delivered at 6 plus in the evening.

Btw I asked my gynae again abt the tightness n he said its Braxton hicks. Body telling u to slow down is wat he said. Haha... So take it easy mummies. Actually there's diff btwn Braxton hicks n labour contraction. Braxton hicks is only momentarily n goes away. Labour contractions comes every few min n gets more and more frequent b intense. May not b painful initially. I only felt pain as it gets intense like every 5 min. Both my labour started w contractions. Some ppl water bag break or have show aka bleeding.

Eliz
Try clarins oil if the cream doesn't work?

Hi Alex, I am interested and have emailed you.

Hi Pinkbunny, keke.. i read that the numbness is caused by pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel syndrome because of water retention in our arms. It doesn't go away till after birth of baby.

Odiey, Cheekyduckie, thanks for clarifying about Braxton Hicks and labour contractions.
happy.gif

Hi Vonvon, Hihi, Im also seeing doc adrian woodworth in Sengkang! Where are u seeing him? It is my no1 for me...

Evon
Hi, welcome! I think we may have exchanged a few hi's during SB times
happy.gif

Eliz
Um yes and no. Just moving stuff around, selling and buying some stuff so my daughter's current room can be converted into my daughterS' room hehe. #1 surprised me by saying "I don't want to share my room with meimei!" Haha. So must make sure she gets her super special bed. We're getting the super cool kura bed from ikea, the kind of double decker kind with the tent canopy, but no actual bed under. She LOVES it.

Beowie
Boohoo. I had carpel tunnel for my 1st pregnancy and it was horrid. Had to wear wrist guards toward the end cos it was so painful. Yup after giving birth it will continue and may even get worse, triggered by incorrect way of carrying baby. Just remember that arm+wrist+hand must be in straight line and don't support baby's head/neck only by wrist/hand.

Andreanie
I'm the opposite! I want the time to pass slowly to enjoy being mum of 1 fully! And becos I have so many more things to do before baby arrives! Once baby comes I think I will be busy and look like xiao char bor haha.

Happy weekend everyone!

Hi all,
leaving for Taiwan tomorrow to visit my in-laws over the CNY. Probably won't have web access so here's wishing everyone in advance happy CNY holidays! Will miss you gals!

Mommies using freestyle,
May I check if I need to get the adaptor for size large personal shields? Understand that there is no need for M size shields..

Hi
Anybody keen to buy the following used items? These have been used for 2-3 years but still in good condition.
1. Grace playpen- orig bought for ard $280, very stable with original accessories still intact;
2. Ikea bed cot- with mattress orig abt $100, can lasts till bb is 6 mths old;
3. 2 Car seats - orig bought for $100 each, from 6mths onwards

For convenience, prefer to sell all above items to 1 person only total $200 with free toys which my kids already outgrown them. Interested pls call me at 9742 8258 self collect at tampines.

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to interrupt... I had just given birth in dec and has a extra Nipple cream to let go.

Selling Brand new Medela Purelan 100 Nipple Cream 39ml (big Tube)
Exp : 2013
Bought at $19.30 Selling at $17

Collection can be done at Farrer Park Mrt. Do Pm if interested. Thanks

Hi ladies,
I have to exit out from this forum. I have given birth to a healthy baby girl. Yes, she is premature. was quite depressed for awhile.
Currently am in confinement, will get back my strength & carry on to care for her.
So good luck to all u ladies.

pink bunny,
my daughter has the Kura bed. It was her 3rd birthday pressie. and yes she loves it especially w the canopy. i love it too coz we always sit below to have our story time before her bedtime. =)

Hi imie, congrats and do take good care during this time!

If you do not mind, continue to join us in this forum... I'm sure the mummies here are more than happy to give you moral support if needed. And 2nd time mummies can give you advice too.
happy.gif

LotusMum: No need to get anything special to use the large shields. The connecting parts will connect to shields of any size.

Imie: U can definitely continue to join us! EDD is just an estimate. And not many ppl actually delivers on their EDD anyway. =) Once an Apr mummy, always an April mummy! I am sure all other mummies here can't wait to hear and learn from your confinement experiences too!
Congrats! U rest well so that you will regain all energy to take care of the little one.

Congrats imie!! Rest well and dont be stress else it will affect ur health and bm. Please stay in the forum, u are still consider one of us. We won't bite! :p

imie
wow congrats! What fantastic news that your baby girl is well and healthy! Lots of premmie babies do well, don’t worry! Don’t need to leave the forum, can still stay on and continue to gain strength and support from your friends here! Take care and eat a lot of ‘bu’ things ok?

LOL @ mossie’s ‘we won’t bite!’

Haru
How old is your girl now? Mine is 3.5 and I know she will absolutely love it! When we go to ikea, we ask her to try it out and she has so much fun in it  yup exactly, we look forward to reading to her before bedtime, under the bed hehe. Does yours wake up in the night to pee? How is she coping with the stairs? I’m a little worried about that, in case she’s groggy in the night and forget about the stairs :S

Weather
Omg yes! I brought my girl down to take school bus then walked back and from market, everything less than 20 min, must shower again :S

pregnancy irony
so i got bumbum pain right? and over the weekend i discovered my vericose veins are popping out more. boohoo cos did not get them at first pregnancy.

the irony is that i should walk more to exercise my butt to clear the cramp. but walking more causes vericose veins to get worse. ARGH!

pinkbunny: i'm wondering if compression stocking worn at night will help reduce varicose veins? maybe can try? i'm considering wearing them to sleep to ease my mild leg cramps.

tangerinez
oh you mean those stockings that some people wear on planes? never thought of that! where to get from? but will be hot hot or not?

pinkbunny: yup, flight stockings. i bought a pair from my gynae. white ugly looking pair. all the way to the thighs. but i find it uncomfortable maybe cos i'm too short for the length. $40+

then i went to buy a pair of black ones from scholl, knee length $30+. this served me well on a 13 hr flight. not very hot. it's tight but rather thin. if you have habit of sleeping in aircon room should be fine.

pinkbunny,
my daughter just turned 3 in november. she can climb up on her own but she still needs help coming down. she is still on diapers at night so that is not a prob so far. =P

imie,
cgngrats!! do rest well and enjoy bnnding with your princess!!

Hubby surprised me n my No. 1 with a last trip to Bintan before I pop. Hubby knows how much I love to travel n would be difficult with 2. Anyone planning for a last trip too?

Anyone knows where can can cheap pigeon breast pads? Think must stocking up on that too.

Hello mummies!
Anyone saw a video of this stroller yet? :p

http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/20/hands-on-with-the-4moms-origami-stroller/

Auto fold & open! Suitable for lazy mummies like myself! haha.

CheekyDuckie: I hope to be as cool as you when the time comes! Hehehe. Yah the leakage thing makes me feel like a baby and an old lady at the same time! And now I can pee already, and still feel like I need to pee again shortly after grr.

Andreanie: tell me about it. hehe today I count there's 8 weeks left, and it feels so near yet so far..u know? ahha maybe cause 2 of my friends pop today and when I saw their newborns, I was like awwwwww...can't wait. Yet can't believe eeverything's ending in a flash! Soon, we can do playdates etc. Whee!!

Imie: congrats and good to hear that all is well! Yeah don't have to leave this forum :D A lot of experienced mummies here too
happy.gif

Hi IMIE, Congratulations!
Please rest well!

Tmr seeing gynea again.. not sure how have my bb grown.. and i am also like all the mummies here.. getting excited already.. cant imagine so fast...we are going to meet our precious BB in afew months time
happy.gif

Kimmy: So fast 8 weeks left? OMG... ehhh... I forgot how many weeks i am now. haha... iPhone app says 96 days to go... so that's 3 months for me i guess.
Yes. I feel like an old woman now. And I am down with consecutive round of cough. So the leaking is still going on.... Arggg... I think I used up like 6 packs of Poise during the last 3 weeks or something. Darn...

Twinkystar: Yes. I am planning for 1 trip to Penang if I can. Prob early Feb. Gynae says no more flying or traveling in Mar for me. So better go somewhere in Feb. After that, will plan for a Bintan trip in Nov/Dec! When bb is 6 months old! And another bigger trip on plane to somewhere nearby in Apr/May 2013! hehe...

How come u all so fast de? I count and count, still have at least 14 weeks +++. I am end apr due lah, but u guys left only 8 weeks? I feel like a tortoise...

are most of u all looking fwd to seeing hte baby? actually a huge part of me hope its not so soon.. the tot of the labour process kinda urks me...and i'm aso more towards the end of april.. so i keep telling myself its not so soon..

Imie: congrats n do rest well..

Yday hubby was asking me on d date I plan for c-sect so he can plan his leave. Still comtemplating on d date. Looking at 2nd week of april but need to seek gynae opinion. If during tt week, I m left wif 12weeks. Counting down..

Imie
Congrats! Is the bb still in hospital? My fren also has a premature gal at 7 mths. But shes doing very well now. Already 7 mths old now.

Kimmy
How come 8 weeks? R u having a csect? 11 more weeks to go for me. In my last scan, my bb was in a heads up position. In prev pregnancies, the bb was head down all the way after 6 mths. A bit worried that bb will turn not down near delivery. I don't want to go thru csect! But my gynae assured me that he can turn bb at 37 weeks. Hmmm... Just pray hard tat bb will turn by itself and not be naughty.

Imie, you can still join us here, we are all here to give one another support.

I didn't join any baby-related forums when I have no.1, I think that I've missed out big time on the tips that come about with this cyber network.

Yesterday, I went for my review, little one is 795gm at 25W3D. All cleared. I'll do cesarean at 38W, that is, 12½weeks from now for me.

Not planning any more trip as my mum gave me HELL when we went Malacca in Dec. Maybe shopping day trip at JB?

Hi to all mummies here, any idea where get we get e spare parts for avent electronic breast pumps ?

I have gotta a pass dwn set but tot of changing e spare parts.

Thx !

Bbliss: Avent spare parts u can only get from the headquarters @ Toa Payoh.
Otherwise you can try to google for online sellers.

Ho ho... Welcome to big baby club. My girl was weighing 1kg at 25weeks! Gynae ask me go glucose test cos baby seems to be huge. Going after CNY. =( But on a good note, I only put on 2kg. So I guess that's why other than my belly, i don't really look pregnant.

hello mummies! its few more days to CNY! so totally unprepared! dread going cny visiting in such a big bump. will be so breathless!

i am 27 week++ today, so if lil baby decides to come out on 37weeks (which is so for my #1), so i am left with 10 weeks, time really flies!

Cheekyduckie! Lol @ iphone app reminder! For me it's babycentre haha.

Travelling
Twinkystar, Hey that's nice of ur hubby
happy.gif

we were actually planning a malacca trip for end jan but I think I want to rest liao. Don't think my bum can take long bus ride!!

But are alrd planning disneyland for october when baby is 6 months... And not coming with us! Hehe. My parents have volunteered to take care of her while we go with #1 (and another couple whose kid is same age). Would be nice for #1 to have us all to herself again
happy.gif

Tangerinez
The white stockings sound so 1960s misi (nurse)! Cool, will go check out the scholl one. Will look mighty funny sleeping in tshirt, shorts and... Stockings! Maybe should wear audrey hepburn gloves to complete the look :p

Haru
Ah ok. My daughter is ok going up and down, and is in diapers too but sometimes wakes in the night to us to say she wants to pee :S

Mossie
I am 28 weeks so I could that I have about 11 left cos #1 came at 39 weeks so I use that as gauge lor. Omg! 11 weeks!! Argh! *cut headless chicken mode*

Gingerbreadger
Me! I'm hoping time doesn't fly by cos I want to enjoy being mum of 1 as long as I can!

Odiey
Just curious - how will ur gynae turn the baby?

Ni, I think this time is easier for me caused the last time I was already 36weeks, I've delivered on lunar mth 18th.

Oh dear, I need to eat more! This time I "watch" my weight gain, about 7 kg now. No wonder, I go see my shi fu, she has advised to eat whatever I want, don't think so much.

Back