(2012/04) Apr 2012

I'm oso having flabby tummy. Even for my previous birth but as time goes by, the tummy will slowly shrink down & back to normal so not to worry. Juz have a good diet now & after confinement den go on diet. In e past during confinement I always control myself fr eating cos I feel fat but I'm always feeling cold. Dis time round because my hubby is e 1 cooking confinement food for me so I keep eating& finish all e food to show my appreciation. I'm always sweating & feeling hot (at least I dun feel cold easily)

I juz realized something, can someone try dis & let me knw?
When u pee halfway, try to hold ur urine back. R u able to hold back totally? Mine wasn't able to hold back totally but I keep trying & now I can but it will take few seconds. Isit the bottom area weak?? Shd I call my gynae?

Mommies
Do you feel irritated with the engorged breast especially in the middle of the night when you are in your deepest sleep but breast felt engorged so no choice but to wake up to express.. I really hate it and felt that it is so troublesome and painful.. Wish to stop giving breast milk.. Haiz..

Reborn: ooh I'm also gonna buy binder.. Can really feel tummy tight during massage session. My massage lady told me to look out for hook types so gonna go wacoal or triumph to take a look..

Mummy baby2008: that's good to hear.. I still have flabby tummy.. Very afraid it won't go off!! I will be so sad.. Lol! I don't have the same issue as yours but it seems u need tO do kegel exercises to strengthen your muscles?

Aprilbaby: oh that's cool! I got the sushi type, red colour inside and black outside with a transparent cover, inside have 3 different compartments and fit exactly 2 red eggs, 1 cake + glutinous rice and 2 ang ku kueh. If not the eggs may run about! Price is about 30 cents a piece. They also have the totally transparent plastic box with compartments but not as big / high.. I also bought sticker paper from Popular and printed thank you design to stick onto the box cover. Total cost less than $5!

SSP: I don't know where else have.. Maybe prima deli? But I feel begawan is the best as lots of location, very convenient for ur relatives to redeem..

Lotusmum: Aiyo me too. But I ignore and go back to sleep. I don't really get woken up by it.. Muz preservere! When ur milk supply is stable then won't le. Maybe try to pump before u sleep? Anw baby wake up every 3 hour also lor. Lolz!

Lotus mum I feel it too, I really scare of engorgement pain so I will wake up and pump though very tired. baby got wake up but only latch for 5 mins then slept again nv empty the breast. I try to lengthen the pumP interval to 4 hrs but that the max, if longer will hv block duct n hv to massage again. Bcos of the pumping, latching, changing diapers I end up sleep v little and now hv high BP
sad.gif
feel like giving up breast feeding. Too much supply also not good. Fomula seem easier and bb won't poo so frequent also...feel like a cow but doesn't get payoff cos bb drink so little
sad.gif

Desperatemum: Aiyo.. But u feed BM in bottle to baby? I pump every 3 hour unless sleeping or go out and feed in a bottle.. Soon ur boobs will not keep on being engorged as they get used to ur schedule.. Can ask ur hubby to help? For me I get my MIL to help tc in the morn 9am, feed bb BM i pumped from the fridge, then I go and sleep.. Weekends will be my hubby help.. At least get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.
Thank goodness got them to help; I can sleep until 1 or 2 am de lor.. LOL.. Super tired.. U muz jiayou and try to persevere!

Desperate mum
I totally reckon that too much supply also not good.. Baby doesn't drink so much and if latch, he is only getting all the fore milk..so I give ebm, as no.2 can't finish all and need to freeze, I have been mixing some in my no.1's.. So during daytime, my mil helped to feed and night time, i'll do the job but still, with the expressing and engorgement are really making me wanting to stop..I think i'll fall into depression if pump every 3 hrly tried to drag till 5hr so that can sleep more, best is to miss night pump..

cayden's mummy
i also feed BM in bottle in day time. I like the engorged feel, which meani dun have to worry abt no milk.

desperatemum
u got to teach ur bb to be good at latch on. My bb was in nicu for 5 days with tube feeding and when he came home he dunno how to suck at all. Well, i didn't give up, keep on wake him up to latch on and distrub him to make him suck. Now he can latch on well at least night time i dun have the engorged feel but i still able to pump out in the morning.

Lotusmum
my boy now 22 days still drink abt 40-60ml for every 2 to 2 1/2hr but i can pump 3-4oz for every 3hrly. No choice got to freeze BM now. But i still feel the milk is not enough or stable yet.. I remember my #3 i can pump 8oz every 2hrly and no need to freeze coz #3 drink lots and fast..

FM
any mummy here giving ur bb drink total FM??

pinkbunny,
hard to take it easy lei. think the only time i lie flat is when i go to sleep. =P this morning also i drove out with #1 to the bank to run errands, and then had to rush home to get her ready for school. my confinement like normal days. just that i have the extra stuff to do like pumping, bf-ing and looking after a baby! i do feel breathless at time, which i think its a sign to slow down. but pretty hard...

re: breastpumps
i have been using my old event manual pump coz its easier to sterilize than my new ameda. plus i thought since not so much milk now, just use a single manual pump.. by the way, anyone using super shields with e ameda pump? i tried using it but seems to lose the suction easily.

aprilbaby,
wah! GongCha! i was so tempted to get a chocolate milkshake from Carls Jr yesterday when we went to church. =P

lotusmom,
my breasts gets really full easily now and especially at night, baby tends to only latch one side and then he doesn't want anymore. but i am too sleepy and tired to express so i just tahan and wait till his next feed and latch other side. only in the morning then i will pump out excess after his feed. so far i have tried giving him EBM but i still end up latching him soon after. hahah.. in the day, i usually pump in between feeds to empty breasts.

my baby seems to be pretty fussy at the breasts. he likes to suddenly pull away especially when let down sometimes and end up milk spray everywhere!!! sometimes he does it a few times! can be frustrating but i am guessing it is either flow is too fast or something, not sure what makes him pull away...hmm..

Reborn
Mine is 26 days old.. drinking around 90ml to 100ml...my ils don't know why don't like to give him lots of milk but I feel that he has outgrown 90ml co's he will only go to sleep after additional latching..
I tried to drag pump, around 400ml every 4-5 hrs..that's why very 痛苦..very heavy...

Hi,
i am thinking of ordering neo garden buffet. found out that you will need to be their member to entitle the discount for the baby full month. Anyone of you is a member of neo garden?

lotusmum,
wow! 400ml! that is a lot! =D hang in there...i know how you feel, i have been very tempted by any ice cream since giving birth. walk pass the gelato stand and all e ice cream looks sooooo good.

Haru
They are very heavy and saggy..
when engorged always attract unnecessary attn..
When emptied, they become wrinkled and saggy..haiz.. That's why I want drag and reduce pump.. But seems like permanent damage is done from no.1

lotusmum,
oh dear, don't be disheartened ok? my modest boobs completely deflated after bf-ing #1 for 2.5 years. so i am enjoying my larger breasts now while i can!! so silly right...

Reborn
I threw away bags of frozen milk for my no.1.. Now with no.2, kena commented that milk too much, took up too much space in my ils' freezer ..

Haru
I gave my no. 1 ebm till she's 19 month co's preggie with no. 2.. I like the times not having to express milk, more time and no need to worry about engorgement, and moderate size.

HI Mummies, It is my first time posting here though my gal is gg to have her full month in 5 days time. I am so super jealous to c that so many mummies have engorgement problems and having too much milk. I am working so hard to get more milk but until now it is still like 40mls per 3-4hrs.(ya only 10% of what Lotusmum can produce) I pumo every 3hrs except that at night I only wake up once to pump and b4 i used the medela electric pump that my sister passed to me and i thought my low milk supply is due to the lousy pump, so my hb went to buy PISA for me, but still the same.

Hi Griffey...u still can pump 40ml. I even worse. Now i totally no milk production at all. Same as u, I super envy those mummy who have engorgement problems and over supply of milk. Gave birth to my boy on 11th April. It is not a smooth delivery. Anyway, I have tried every method like latching, drinking papaya fish soup n taking supplement. In the end only pump a few droplets, so i give up breast feeding him.Went to my gynea last week only to discover that I have blood clot in my womb. Now on medication to push out the blood clot, if not have to go for washing.

Any mummies, who need brand new nursing bra (size XL) can pm me. Mummy baby 2008, I m using the Ameda electric dual pump, bought this mth. If u are keen to take over, can pm me..

Hi kexie y u see gynae so soon after delivery? mine is scheduled 4 weeks after delivery, which is this thurs. Hope ur blood clot will go away soon.

Hi griffey, mine is 2 weeks after delivery. Only this fri then I will know whether the clot still in there a not. I also hope it will go away soon..

Gifffy and kexie
I was forced to room in my child from the beginning, so I have no choice but to latch him whenever he cried.. even at night, the nursery also refused to help me look after him..though 1st few days really only droplets.. I guess there's when the supply started to build up.. When I was discharged, bad engorgement but little milk, like 30 ml, not even enough for 1.feed, really pump diligently every 3 hour day and night, lots of pain , sore nipples and hot compress, when the lumps are cleared, the milk just flowed..

Kexie: don giv up .. I was like u..in the hospital I latch bb on n even start using pump but nothing..as I was c-sect , some say milk comes later.., n true enof..milk only comes on the 5th day! Beginning I can only pump 20 ml.. 2 weeks pass..now I can pump 80ml ! Day time every 3 to 4 hrs I either pump or latch my bb ..I wake up in the nite , 3 am to pump too.. Key is as long u keep on doing the milk will come more n more!

Hi lotusmum n Ms Tan,

Thanks for the encouraing words. But now already 3 weeks liao really have no faith that the milk will come in. For my 1st boy my milk came in on the 5th day. Although little, I still can pump at least 50ml each day using hand pump .And when bb hungry, our nipples will have those funny feeling m I rite??
But this time round, my breast is always soft soft, no lump no feeling of tightness. When bb hungry, my nipples also don't have those feeling. I tried every 3 hrs pump once using
electric pump only to see empty bottle at the end of 15mins.

Thought this time round can breast feed my boy so buy a lot of breast feeding items, in the end all never use. So mummies who have a lot of milk supply, do continue to give your bb.

Cayden's mummy,
Thanks for the info, might pop over to SKP then since it's nearer my house.

Engorged until fever,
*sigh* dunno why I kena blocked ducts until fever today. Slept the whole afternoon and felt much better after sweatingit out, but breast still so painful.

For my #1 I had mastitis 3 times, on antibiotic but persevere to breastfeed until she's 1. This one I guess I have to do the same, else not fair.

Desperate mum,
I also felt like giving up, but after seeing my #1 who seldom fall sick I really must grit teeth and persevere.

YQ,
Anyone who gave birth at Thomson will get this small baby book And on the front cover there is a small egg-like sticker with a code behind it for 15% off neo garden, I went to find my book but miss itchy fingers (#1) must have taken it out. I'm suppose tonbe member but I lost my membership card!

Increasing breast milk supply
Try latching or pumping more at night. Try pump or latch every 3 hours at night. Its one of the proven method to increase milk supply. But must work hard and forgo your sleep lah.

Gifffy and kexie
Me too. Read about wah 400ml and see pics of full milk bags in freezer, super envious! I latch on baby all the time and wake up one additional time (I.e one more time than her) in the nite to pump. She's 3 weeks old now. Sometimes after latching for 2hours plus straight, still hungry, no I either give EBM or a bit of FM.

So I super envy those with lots of milk!! With #1 I didn't latch on successfully till after first month so couldn't fully BF. I thought with #2, start latching earlier and more often then can be more successful. Still trying wor!!

But got a lot of motivating stories fr friends. Just yesterday I was talking to a friend who was supplementing FM for 2 months then after he started sleeping thru the night she managed to pump pump pump then she managed to TBP till he was about a year old. Jia you everyone!!!

Hi mummies, can i check with u for lochia, do u have it on and off until 4th week? I m approaching my 4th week. The lochia at first is heavy, then become very little, but after that become heavy and little again. did any1 have the same experience?

blessed
all my previous 3 bb lochia only for abt 1 week and stop. The following mths hardly got any mense.
But this time different coz i got ligation done. No heavy lochia at all. Now 22 days but just like brown spotting.

Reborn
Your tummy wrap look so complicated! I have been hooked to gmarket, saw one Review quite good during their time buys Last night so got one already. a simple just wear on no tie tie or hooked stuff :p
thanks for your offer anyway
happy.gif

Hi Griffy,

You are not alone. My bb is 13 days now but even I have been diligently pumping 3 hourly can only get 20-40 ml each time. So i can understand how you feel. But don't despair. Just give whatever amount we can to the baby, as it is good for them. Jia you

blessed,
Mine also went up and down, up and down until end of 3rd week, it became spotting, don't know when it will end.. when it's for no.1, it took 1 month to end..

Hi yanqiu,
I took the mother plus milk supplement given by friend.

Hi pinkbunny,
Same as u. For my no 1 I also couldn't fully BF cos he refused to latch as my milk supply was very low at that time.
For the 2nd week after his birth, he already drinking 90ml of FM & I can't keep up with his demand. So on & off he is
having BM & FM. Then now #2, latch n pump, still can't get the let down feeling.

Hi Lisa,
Ya, u are right. Every time I pump i can only get 3 to 5ml. I just keep in fridge n when he is hungry, I will cup feed him n
top up with FM. Better than nothing.

Hi mummies!
I have delivered on 26 April via c-section. It was a planned one as my first boy was csect as well.

Today my third day of confinement, I hope to discuss abt bf issues with mummies here

Do you have problems like you wan to latch ur baby, but u realize your bb has already drank ebm or fm ( given by cl)? Then u always couldn't seem to meet ur bb feeding time cos you would have pumped already. What would you do?

Lisa77 that's how I feel too, give wherever I have.
I also wake up in the middle of night to pump, just started taking fenugreek hope it helps.
Sjbaby I have the same prob as u, couldn't advise much. Now only waiting for cl to go back and I take over on saturday. Hopefully latching will work out better.

sjbaby
I would sugguest u tell CL u will feed bb urself. By taking care ur bb urself, u will gain bonding from ur newborn. Have u think b4 what will happen once finish confinement? No CL help and baby dun have the strong bonding with u? baby make a big fuss without CL??
Let the CL do other things other den feeding unless u feel super tired and wants to sleep den u ask CL to feed bb

latching on
However, i feel latch on is very important. It encourage milk to come in and increase more to meet ur bb demand.
I will pump for every 3hrly and let bb latch on after EBM bottle feed. Even if bb latch on, still need to pump again.
Remember do not let ur bb latch on for more than an hour per breast. Forget where i read from. After bb latch on, u can delay pump at most an hour.

Mummies, now then have time to come in.. So tiring., me too struggling with breastfeeding.. And becoz of this have conflict with my mil. My breast is engorge and the left side got blocked dust. No choice have to let baby drink formula milk while I keep trying to pump Lo ..

reborn, thank you. breastfeeding really not easy le!

My parent-in-law keep bringing my girl to their room or at the living room with them.. abit sianz.. coz i want to bond with my girl le..

Mrs kang
Ur 1st child right? Ah gong ah ma are like that one la... Coz is their 1st grandchildren.... But u got to tell them cannot carry too much if not later bb only wants to be carry at all times... Maybe for the time being u try latch on more so u can have more time with ur bb...
Newborn bb are very smart, they learn how to be carry... Like if they cry and u carry immediately, they will keep on crying. If completely only latch on, will have difficult time to bottle feed. Many things got to learn as new parent...

Body too heaty
My body getting too heaty, now my ear got blocked, one side cannot hear clearly. My very last confinement got nose bleeding... Now cannot take any liang.. Super heaty...

Longan and red date water
Per day I drink abt 6litres... Then like getting lose stool...

Hi reborn and lotusmum: thanks u so much for your advice.

Lotusmum: for my no 1, it also took abt 1 mth to end. Now I m nearing 4 weeks alr, hope it will end soon.

sjbbaby: hope u r recovering well! I also had a c sect for the same reason as u. For me, I will sometimes latch on bb after pump though not much milk, but more for the bonding. I prefer to pump actually due to the c sect wound. Usually I ll wait for C sect wound to recover first then latch on for longer periods. Else I ll try to give fresh EBM to my bb.

Back