(2012/04) Apr 2012

Mrs Kang.: Jia you!!!!

Btw yest 1st night at home was terrible, baby kept crying & keeps opening her mouth. Think really not much milk cos after latch on for about 10min each she's still having the same reaction. I gave her 60ml & she finished. Btw how much milk should a 3 days old baby drink? She's drinking 60ml about 4 hourly and she finishes all of it. Should I increase?

Anybody here giving baby similac? My Fren gave me a 400g tin, I opened up yest & gave baby some but when I open up there Is a smell like soy milk. On the container is the normal similac. It taste totally diff from the ready to drink bottle dat hospital gave.. Is my milk spoil? Could it be we didnt store properly before bb was borm? But the color & quality looks ok to me..

At hospital the nurses said if you want to supplement, start off with 30ml since baby is only a few days old. I think it's only 2nd week on then increase to 60ml. Latching: don't worry. Even when you squeeze and see nothing, could be very little colustrum but baby drink all liao. I also thought got nothing at first but then realised that baby spat up white-ish stuff and it was colustrum.

4 hours is very long leh for newborn. FM takes a long time to digest that's why she can tahan so long. Maybe can cut down a little first. Try to wake baby to latch every 2 hours to stimulate your supply too

mrs Kang, jia you, i'm surprise you still can send us regular update, me opened 2cm want to faint liao
happy.gif

pinkbunny, envy you, no engorgement, i pain until now everytime pump need to massage to clear the ducts. i tried to latch on frequently too but my girl every 2-3 hr latch abt 10-15 mins then refuse liao, so the remaining still hv to pump out. so tired, latch, pump, change diaper, the cycle just repeating with no break. so tired not to mention taking care of our own wound...

btw, do you wake your baby up at nite to clear the milk?

i also dun know how much bb drink, today is my 6th day i can pump out abt 150ml from both sides after 4 hrs interval. i dun want to store cos bb only can drink abt 60ml i think and dun want to freeze BM got weird smell le.

re hubby comment, sound v familiar
happy.gif
but we as mothers know what is best for baby ya.

cayden's mum, thanks. my friend gives me a lady contact for 1st trial so i will try first, if cannot then will ask you.

Epidural save me
happy.gif
before epidural I also pain like hell although only 2cm .. That why I request epidural ASAP once my gynae broke my waterbag

Desperatemum
That's a lot! No wonder engorged! That's why I'm worried lor. No engorgement = no enough?? No I don't wake her at night. I tried but she wasn't interested. I seriously tried everything. Tickle, take clothes off, changhe diaper, put wet towel on face... She'd rather sleep. Maybe that's why she's so petite!

Mrs kang
Try to sleep now. It's your last chance for proper sleep for a long time!

Mummies, I have just gave birth to my girl. It is a long and tough labour coz my girl is looking up and head high up.. Nearly need c-sect, luckily manage to vacuum her out .. Now she is put at nicu for 2hrs observation. I am so stress out..

So weird my one month old bb just woke up crying.. Made milk for him.. Den he went back to sleep! LOL.. Why lidat ah?

Mrs Kang: don't be stress! It's for safety reasons that's why need to be put under observation.. Just in case right? So u don't need to worry about her.. I'm sure she doesn't want to return to a stressed out mummy!
happy.gif
first time mum more kan chiong de.. Muz relax also it helps to get ur milk coming in.. Jiayou!! Take care!

Cayden's mummy, my girl is back to normal nursery ward
happy.gif
just saw her.. She look so cheeky.. Don't wonder I have hard time pushing her
happy.gif

Congratulations Mrs Kang!!!
Yes, 1 look at the baby and all labour pains etc will be forgotten (temporary)... LoLz... Try to get loads of rest while u are in the hospital with nurses to help out! *Cheers* to another wei da de Mummy! \(^0^)/

Baby
Is normal... Bb stomach very tiny.
Like mine now abt 19days old. At night I will latch on and my bed will be very wet, full of milk smell. So when I latch him on I will use those disposable big pad. The one that we use in hospital after deliver.. Place on the bed, blue color....

me waiting for pump to be sterilized now coz bb didn't wanna latch other side. so gotta pump to prevent more blocked ducts before jamu lady comes later for massage! i hate it when she has to help me clear blocked ducts. its like more painful than labour pain! >.< last day of massage this morning, woo hoo!!

i have to fess up, i have been sneaking out of the house. 4th day, went to register for my child's school. a week after giving birth (yesterday), went w baby/ hubby/ #1 to nearby mall for breakfast, and afternoon i actually drove myself, baby and #1 for her mandarin class. =P

any mommies experienced sudden heavy bleeding? my flow was very light for past 4-5 days and i could use just a pantyliner but suddenly yesterday the flow became very heavy, like 1st period day of period. any idea if that is normal?

Mummies, I will be discharge today. Btw anyone baby see Dr Ang Ti Tin? My girl PD is her actually was another Pd from mount A, but that time due to urgency they change it to her as she can arrive faster to the hospital. I need some comment on her le..

Mummies I've mucus pink discharge n call clinic, they say monitor see if waterbag burst or contraction den go hospital.. U all know how long it takes to experience contraction or waterbag burst based on ur experience? Thanks
happy.gif

Haru
I also jail break don't know how many times.. Thank God my ils didn't nag at me.. Think more lax co's this is no.2..

Bleeding
For me, 1st 2 days are super duper heavy then became lighter then out of sudden when I thought can stop using pad as got no more discharge, it became heavy again and that is when I became very emotional.. The hormones are acting.. for the 1st 2 weeks, I have been using the longest pad for night use even during daytime, didn't want to get caught off guard.

monica,
it sounds like it will b ur turn soon. all the best!!! i had contractions immediately when i had pink discharge, but i guess it could be different for every mommy.

lotusmum,
ya, guess it will drive us nuts to stay cooped up in the house for an entire month!
yesterday my flow suddenly became heavy when i was out driving! yikes! had to go to the supermarket to quickly get a thicker pad.

Haru thanks for e info
happy.gif
think my symptoms is really slow and mucus discharge can b due to doc cervix check on thu.. Really hope I can faster deliver else will induce on mon..

Haru,

I also been going out. Alway finding a excuse to get out of the house n looking forward to weekend when hubby is not working... So when he go out, he will bring me along..

The weather is crazy... Is so hot!

Mummies,

It's my 5th day &amp; my breast is engorged but my pump seems to have the Lao hong sound, thinking of getting a new pump, any brand good for small breast? I used to b A cup. Now shd be Bcup ba.. I'm currently using avent pump &amp; I need to press the pump hard onto my breast..

Hi,

i am holding my gal's full month next week... any recommendation for any buffet caterer? i read up some reviews on buffet caterer but it was posted few years back.

Lotusmum
Jail break! Lol! My "jailbreak" is only to pick my girl up from schoolbus. That couple of mins out of house also shiok -_-

Haru
Wah you power leh. Still can drive. Think you better take it easy la ok? We're supposed to be lying flat as much as possible during this month hor. I already feel my back sng sng if I walk to PD

mummy baby2008
u using avent which type??
base on my experience i use before avent manul and is super lousy. so i switch to ameda dual. can pump more milk and more effective.
or maybe u wants to try rental of pump??

Jailbreak
1st 3 days after discharge still go hospital visit my bb boy in nicu. on the 12 days accompany my hb bring bb go novena center for BCG jab. on day 18 went to POSB for bank verif the baby bonus a/c.

Wah then I jailbreak many times too, 2nd week onwards bring bb to polyclinic to check his jaundice.. Then after that went buy things at mall.. Haha! Super shiok!

Kirsten: mine frm birth about from wake up to next feed is approx 3 hours.. V shiong!!

YQ: we did discuss caterer awhile back.. I reccomended Gim Tim, YSL and d'fine catering is not bad too. Safe choice will be neo garden but quite ex and common..

Pink bunny
I think it's true that we need to lie flat as much as possible.. Cos I have been sitting to pump for a long time and playing with no.1, my tail bone is very sng and can't even bend properly..I think my old and dry mil is fitter than me..

Haha didn't know so many of the mums had jailed break. Wahx the feeling is damn shiok, even its just a couple of hours. However I can feel my back aching after 1-2h of walk. Guess I have to lie down more often.

Back ache
i think those deliver bb with epi need to rest more. it tend to get backache easily.

Night feed
i dun really know how many time per night i got to feed. all i know is when my boy keep on moving i will latch him on and we both continue to sleep. once morning wake up i will pump...

breastmilk
do u all know the longer the bb latch on the better? coz the 1st part of the milk bb latch on mainly water, as they latch on longer, the thicker milk will then be suck out. and also depend on how powerful ur bb can suck. if u got a real good suction bb, dun really needs a pump at all. a bb can empty more milk than any other method.
If any mummy here milk supply is low, a immediately way is to eat lots of seafood. but it should be done after confinement.

Diaper
i have move my boy diaper to 's' size. I let my boy try mamy poko and huggies green pkt. i realize mamy poko is slightly bigger then huggies. well huggies seem to be more fit for those bb with small butt and thigh.

I am having sore nipples.. But at least when I squeeze the nipples there is milk coming out.. Hopefully my milk can come in more ..

Hi cayden's mummy,

Thanks for your suggestion. anyone tried full month gift packages from papamama.com.sg? thinking of ordering full month gift box from them but don't know who their cakes and ang ku kueh taste like.

Mrs kang
Don't squeezr nipples. Squeeze aerola instead!baby should also suckle aerola. Mouth open as big as poss. If not you'll get super sore nipples and baby won't be able to empty breasts too

Reborn
Seafood? Really?

Explosive diaper
Walau. Yesterday she gave me a BIG present! My hand kena, her whole diaper was overflowing, her romper kena, and half her back was covered in a shade of mustard yellow.

Pinkbunny
yes... seafood!

diaper change
this morning daddy change diaper for my boy. my boy urine shoot up and fell on my boy mouth and bed...
This is my 1st boy, i realize girls dun give me much trouble during changing diaper but i keep on kena poo or pee from my baby boy!

Reborn: wa so fast hor. Mine also moving to size s soon.. Muz finish the newborn diapers soon!!

Yes changing diapers for boys muz be very alert!!! Anytime will kanna shot.. Lolz!!!

YQ: I did my bb's full month package myself.. Bought boxes from SKP, made red eggs and glutinous rice, bought ang ku kueh frm queenstown and kaya cake from rich &amp; good.. Ready made ones only tried sweetest moments, not bad! Plus they have this super cute dragon bb packaging this year..

Mummy baby 2008- I think Ameda is good value for money and overall a good pump. Loved it. I currently using freestyle from medela after the ameda 'died' and it is good cos easy to use and very portable. However, it is quite ex.

Kirsten- mine wakes me up like clockwork. Currently two and half to 3 hourly interval. At his worst, he did it hourly. Used to doze off while feeding and once, he rolled off my bf pillow cos we both fell asleep. So dangerous!

Thanks mummies,

Seem like many of u here prefer ameda pump. Any idea where I can get it &amp; how much it costs?? My avent keeps giving me probs even manual pump. I got to press real hard onto my breast &amp; worst still the milk will flow backwards to the funnel there &amp; I keep hearing a lao hong sound!! Super irritating, really pump until pek cek

My girl is very zhun, every 3-4 hr she will wake up for milk. I oso fed till I fell asleep

As for jailbreak, I went out on the 4th day of my confinement. Brought baby to mt e for jaundice check&amp; went to lucky plaza for a short walk.I drank a cup of avocado milk shake &amp;. My hubby still gave me eat some of his ayam penyet.. Haha.. After dat we still went to Geylang there to collect baby Chinese name. Hmm.. I dun really like the name you long zi gave cos I wanted my baby to hav the same 2nd name as my daughter.. Maybe Monday will go over to you long zi there again see if they can match other names or words for me anot..

Mummy baby 2008, since u hear that sound, can it be some parts of the pump is not attached properly? I tried avert manual pump before - quite hard to use if u don't master the technique to use it.
Bought my ameda years ago from the baby shop in Chinatown ( something choon) and I think the price has gone up a little since. Saw it in robin sons, mumsfairy website and they usu sell in baby fairs too

Cayden's mummy,
Thanks for caterer recommendations. But hubby still wants chilli padi, so ordered chilli padi for next sat.
Eh, I'm also gonna DIY my own one month take-a-ways too. Did you just get boxes or did you also get the plastic thingy with slots to put the ang ku kueh and eggs? Am gonna drive over to phoon huat later to shop. Promised my #1 I'll bring her out for a ride if she takes her afternoon nap! *sigh*

Jailbreak,
Oh man, on day 3 I already went cold storage to buy groceries! Then went down to bring #1 to buy bread from vending machine, I also drank gong Cha and God knows what already! choc cakes, tiramisu, but still don't dare to eat ice-cream later kena scolding...anyway, all the Gong Cha and cold drink my hubby shared with me, and my mum didn't know..wahahah.

Milk,
Goodness me! last night, mine woke up every HOUR for his milk feed! am so zombified now!

Flabby Tummy,
By the way, any of you doing anything about your flabby tummy? am wondering whether those binders actually works...

Aprilbaby
i got 2 binder to let go... u want? sell u cheap cheap...
Regrets buying coz dun look user friendly and i got the wacoal brand which i forget.... haha... hot so many binder but still keep on buying....

Back