(2012/03) Mar 2012

April, ur baby is the best pump! just get ur bb to latch on every 3 hrs consistently and you will be getting regular flow. ;)

janjan: the netted underwear is from tmc. u delivering there?

breastpump:
I didn't bring breast pump to the hospital. Milk supply will only come 2-3 days after deliver. by then we should be back home already. Also, during the stay, i solely latch on. I remembered my stay was extended, then i 'rented' the pump from the hospital.. only to pump out 40ml of milk. LOL

I think the pump is quite bulky and inconvenient to bring together with the hospital, so if there is really a need, then i will ask hb to bring along on the next visit. otherwise, i wouldn't bother.

lilxuan, the netted underwear only TMC have ah.. no wonder.. I'm delivering at Mount Alvernia.

tethysea, its ok. if anyone else gonna sign up with stemcord let me know.. :D

Hi Mummies, i'm in 2012 Mar topic. I'm also delivering in Mar but end of Mar. Still have couple of weeks of waiting game. Really can't wait for her to be out.

This is my 2nd one. My 1st is a girl, so is my 2nd.

I saw you guys have booked the bed in Mt A, i've asked my gynae to book a bed for me but he says thats no such thing. It is first come first basis.

May i know if what he says is true?

It seems like that's alot of 2nd time mummies here. should we start 1 group ourselves since we are not sure how we could be added into their FB group?

anewmummy, breast size has nothing to do with whether wld hv breast milk or not, it's the frequent latching or pumping that wld help to establish breast milk ss.

apriltan, i'm not going to bring breast pump to hospital as i intend to rent from mt a, if they don't hv enough, i wld then ask my hubby to bring it as it's quite troublesome since need to sterilise it.

janjan16, when i had #1, the LC asked me to either latch/pump every 3hrs to help establish BM ss, so when bb is not latching, i'll rent from the hospital & just pump, & i don't even hv any output!!! haha... but i still keep on pumping...

chnyle, for bed type, only indicate preference, but hospital won't reserve de as they won't know how many mummies wld be delivering when.

Hi mummies,

Thanks for ur reply.

Think I just pack n bring along in case bored can try out the pump since I bought new pump. Haha.

I remember the lat round I didnt bring along n ended up not must supply. Hope this round it lasts longer.

Do we have a FB group? Can I join in? Pls add me. [email protected]

Hi Babybreath05,

If you test positive for GBS, you will be given oral antibotics now. At labour, the doctor will giving you antibiotics through IV during your delivery to prevent your baby from becoming ill.

I am GBS positive for my second birth, GBS negative for my third birth. But the doctor will still give antibotics through IV during delivering of my 3rd birth since I am previously positive.

Now i am in my fourth birth, I am tested positive GBS. I had taken my oral antibotics and will be given antibotics through IV during my delivery.

For information, you can do web search under :
Group B Streptococcus (GBS)

Oh okie, thanks! I did the swab so I guess I'm tested negative so the nurse did not mention about it when she told me the results.
happy.gif

I did mine at 34 weeks, in one week the nurse will call you if tested positive, to treat with antibotics.

I think it is compulsory at KKH.

cdajun, oh wow, your other children already quite grown up, & u still hv the courage to go thru the whole cycle again. *peifu*

my #1 is coming to 5yo this yr, is a boy. #2 is a girl, so just nice, 1 boy & 1 girl, so close shop.

<font color="000080">When I asked my gynae's nurse about the GBS test, she just looked puzzled, like she never heard of it before. I must remember to ask my gynae about it this week during my checkup... maybe for him he feels it's not compulsory? *shrugs*</font>

Hi Cdajun,

Thanks for ur advise, infact I did some online search n was worried to know tat tis bacteria can be life threatening to or cause handicap to baby if infected during delivery. Hopefully e antibiotics can reduce e risk significantly.

Kristen, With regards to PD, my Gynae said he will refer one for me in Mount A. I don't know the name yet.

Hi,
I've created a March 2012 mother FB, anyone wants to join PM me?

Hi babybreath05,

I think the doctors will also take a swab test from the vagina after the baby is delivered. They will also check the baby.

My #2 is well after delivery. He did not get infected.

Hi cdajun,

i also tested postive for GBS and its my first child. yet to see the gynae yet coz just got a call from the nurse. am very worried now.

Can i check you are having natural birth or c-section? so all your kids are not infected with GBS right?

it's been quite a while since i post in here.. i just gotten vagina swap done last weekend.. still waiting for result. hopefully it will be negative..

counting down to the delivery date..

so which PD in TMC is good? i have asked my doctor to recommend a PD in TMC but she has not given me the name yet.

Hi Jingle_jingle,

If you are tested positive for GBS, the gynae will prescribe oral antibotics to you.

For my case, the nurse just call me to collect the prescription as my next appt is one more week away.

For my 3 children, I had natural birth. My kids are not infected by GBS.

Sorry one more question, u were injected IV during delivery. Did you have any side effects? coz i read that there will be some side effects to inject the penicillin.

Hi mummy

My edd is next month still going 3week more

Would like to ask you all if confinement can we wash hair ?

Hi jingle_jingle,

I have inject IV during delivery for #2, #3. (I am tested GBS negative for #3, but the gynae said that GBS can come and go even if it is treated previously, so have to inject IV on the safe side)

I am not using penicillin as i am allergied to penicillin. I take other antibotics. I do not have side effect after delivery.

hi mummies
only silent read most of the time...
finally now stay at home to wait for the day...

in my #3 preggy...

hope all will have an enjoyable ride ....

would like to join the group if can..

email [email protected]

cindy, i wash after 7 days, then almost every day. i think the best is to cut hair short short, and close all windows make sure don't get cold.

hi cdajun, oh wow, 4th kid, i can't imagine, how did you maange all of the three?

me 36 weeks today. very soon.. this is my #2.

I actually did my GBS test at 30 weeks. Not sure why so early. But since in no hurry, I only saw the results at my next visit 2 weeks later.

Thanks cdajun for yr info.. I went to see my gynae today n was put on oral antibiotics.. Read online n so worried about GBS but gynae told me dun worry it's ok one. After taking the antibiotics should clear. So got to look on the bright side.

Thanks cdajun for yr info.. I went to see my gynae today n was put on oral antibiotics.. Read online n so worried about GBS but gynae told me dun worry it's ok one. After taking the antibiotics should clear. So got to look on the bright side.

Hi anewmummy,

My kids are big already. It is easier to take care. They can also help out in the house when the baby arrives.

I will be 38 weeks by tomorrow. But I think my baby will not come so soon based on previous record. #1 &amp; #3 induce at 41 weeks, #2 labour at 40weeks.

Hi mummies, sorry to interrupt. I have a preloved Medela swing breast pump to let go. Retail price is $338. Selling at $200. Still under warranty. Sms or whatsapp me me at 90604680 if u are interested.

i didn't do any GBS, probably gynae felt that there's no need for me as i'm going for c-sect.

as for washing hair, i don't care, i wld bath &amp; wash hair every day during confinement.

did anyone go to the bb fair on friday? it's very crowded as there's NATAS fair &amp; also Watson's fair, so better reach there earlier, esp if driving there. btw, there's no pigeon booth hor, in case, u r going there to get pigeon stuff.

for those who hv older kid still wearing diaper, can go to Watson's fair. Pampers selling at $9 for 2 packs, M - 20pcs, L - 18pcs &amp; XL - 16pcs.

Hi bunny,

I always use mummypoko diaper. Do you think pamper is good? Reason I used mummypoko because my son skin quite sensitive. But recently he refused to wear during sleep keeping saying itchy around belly area.

Regarding the fair, I got a car accident yesterday but luckily small one. Traffic jam and accidentally bump to the car in front. Not sure if I want to fair or not. Not so in the mood already. Did you se any good deals? I want to buy glass milk bottles (pigeon) probably new born pillow with a hole sort of , safety rail for the bed... Not sure what else I need...

Wrt the Facebook no one is posting there. ;) hopefully more people join and we can keep in touch. And meet.

Back