(2012/03) Mar 2012

Sarah, tethysea, all the best to your amnio! Dun worry, is not dat painful. Am waiting for my amnio results, hope will b good news.

It seems a bit weird Coz during 1st trimester I usually need to go toilet at least once at night Now us like no need.
My abdomen not pain but I feel my belly button there gt pulling effect. Sometimes left sometimes right. Anyone encountered this?

Gin not to worry is like that de...... unless super pain then u go to see ur gynea.... me also got this problem sometime is walking too long or stand too long..... or baby movement happen pull that side.....

Jac : what ur name at FB.....

Sarah, tethysea,
hope you gals get good results for your amnio. Meanwhile come in and chat more often to take your mind off the wait.
happy.gif

qin,
I've gotten some stuffs from Cheong Choon before, prices slightly cheaper. Can take note of the prices there and compare during sale time to see bah.

Morn ladies!

Was on mc for a horrible headache ytd! Tis morn wanted to wake up 2 go swimming, also din go!!!

On stretchmark oil, i was reading my pregnancy book. It actually says tt it dun help to reduce e stretchmark but more of moisturising. So I guess any moisturizing cream will do. Currently I m using Badger balm baby oil for my itchy skin & my thighs! Hehe, I cheapskate unwilling to buy e Clairns oil!!

Oh, I m going to HK next mth. Let me know if u ladies need to get e Clairns oil. U can just pm me.

mich: my fb name is Jacqurine Quah.

sarah: welcome to join us. I'm also a 1st time mummy... dun worry, i believe everything will be fine.

Good morning Mummies. .
Qin: usually 2nd trimester u wont b going toilet that often . Usually occur in 1st and 3rd trimster. As for the abdomen pain, mine aso at the right side. My doc probably want to play safe so give me hormones pills to stable my uterus.
Thks for all the encourgement. Indeed when my gynae told me the chances of me having a ds baby can b high and my sudden abdomen pain makes him worried that my Bb can anytime miscarriage. I burst my tears out and my heart was like dropping out. Just hope my Bb can hang on all the way to the test coz I really got a strong feeling he/she is a healthy n tough Bb. I will jia you !!

Sarah : talk to your baby to be strong and ma ma would like to see he or her to come out healthy ...

Ladies : i still lazy to apply the cream ... hahaha ... i know my stomach expanding .....

Good morning mummies
happy.gif

Welcome Sarah, i'm a 1st time mummy too. not to worry too much also dun give yourself stress.

Qin, so far during 1st trimester i only woke up once in a while to go toilet on some days i dun even wake up.

For mummies who tend to wake up alot to go toilet, maybe you can to try taking less water before going to bed so that mayb can reduce the chances of needing to get up to go toilet.

Carice: yes i everyday tell him/her to be good and healthy .. I got plenty of stuff n toys to buy for him/her.
Wenwen: I will try my best not to stress. My hub asked me go out like kopi-ing etc but recently then I started my ms, so bloated every each meal. Keke .. I reali duno how to small bites many meals coz I can eat alot but ended up go toilet puke.

I had been eating kiwi and drink milk during my early pregnancy but ever i started my ms on the 11wks, the moment I think of their taste I want to puke liao. Probably the iron n calcuim pills n fish oil makes me want to puke too! My nurse told me I can stop taking folic acid liao coz my iron pill contain Tat too. Anyone alrdy stop taking folic?

GG lee: I Nv take my Oscar. Just the NT scan alrdy shown the thickness of the neck and I'm 35 tis year so gynae suggested I do amino test straight . Initially when I knw I'm preg, I discussed with my hub that I will go for amino test as the rate is higher than Oscar despite the risk of miscarriage. I didn't expect my NT scan no good but the fact it is so no choice, that makes me have to do amino test for sure.

Jac: I wonder I just take the calcium pill good enough if I dun drink milk . I used to love milk but since I preggie , I'm quite sick of it. Some food I used to like becoming yucky to me... Keke duno how..

Sarah, mayb is certain food that you take make you feel unwell. like for me i cannot take chicken, anything with chicken will make me unwell and eventually puke. so you keep a look out of food your body is rejecting. also try as much to take small meals cos eating too much will make you feel even worst and bloated. at 1st i also can eat alot even more den my usualy portion, but after that i will sure puke or otherwise very uncomfortable. so try as much take small meals, take ard 5 meals a day, it is a chore i understand but now our body is changing due to the new life inside us so we also got to adjust ourself.

Sarah: actually it will be gd if still take milk as the nurse told mi if taking milk will hv to wait for 1 - 2hr den can take calcuim pill. may i noe wat milk u drinking nw?

Wenwen: I will try to control my meals. I taking 2 meals each day and sometimes small snack during supper. Trying my best to discipline my meals. Hopefully my next 15th wks I b better. Good news is I can tahan not to throw out for 2 days liao.. Mayb becoz the hormones pills given 3 times a day makes me feel I can't throw out coz I knw I need Tat to stable my Bb. Keke

Jac : ya my nurse told me too , whichever come 1st then gotta wait 2 hrs later to take another . I currently drinking the magnolia fresh milk. The rest I nv try b4. Wonder strawberry milk can or not?

Sarah: guess u just have to monitor on what you did & what makes u feel well. for me nothing is fixed one day can feel super well, can't even rem i'm preg! next sick like dog. if u can't take the med or milk don't force yourself. it's better u could keep food in stomach.

Sarah: strawberry milk shouldn't be a prob, just watch the sugar intake. for me doon't like milk, in love with Yakult! hahaa, guess it helps with my bowel movements too
happy.gif

Jo: I take yakult too! I guess it's help . So far my constipation not that bad, the most 2 days. Then I will start to drink yakult or force myslf for kiwi. I duh Tink I will go for strawberry milk coz u r right abt the sugar level. I try to cut dwn sugar level. Recently I started to drink peppermint tea, it's make me feel better.

Sarah: Strawberry milk shld be ok like wat Jo say. If u will puke out mean u are not suitable for tat. it happen for mi. I drink HL milk only coz i cant drink those powder milk as both my parent had high blood.

Morning ladies,

I'm a first time mummy and has gone for my oscar test last week. My gynae clinic called yesterday and have me and my husband down to discuss about my blood test result. It has been mentioned that my MCV is slightly below the preferred range.If my husband's MCV level in his blood test also falls below the preferred range. It can be detrimental for the baby as it may be an indication of Thalassemia. Have you ladies heard about this from your gynae. Feeling so worried now. =(

Hi Mummies,

I just check out the IFC center near my place, they can only take 10 babies and currently have a waiting list of 20 and teacher ratio is 1:5 that bad.
Previously my son in My First Skool the ratio is 1:3. How the teacher going to handle 5 babies huh with all the activities feeding, bath, change diaper & nap.
As the range is from 2mth - 18mth some are toddlers already which is quite active & demanding.

Headache.

leenleen: Thalassemia is not a life threatening condition, don't be so worried. Hubby's granny has it and she's now 90+ yrs. We din go for test though.
U have family history for this? if no, unlikely bb get it leh. it's suppose to be genetic.

Hey Jo: I'm not so sure if my family has a history for it. My husband also went to look through his blood test result at home last night and also found out that his MCV range is not within the preferred range. High likely, we would need to go for DNA test to identify if we both have Thalessemia. According to the gynae if we both have it, the baby will have it. Looking at the gynae's slides during his explanation yesterday, gave me the chills as the child would have to go through monthly blood transfusion and life expectancy may not reach adulthood due to many possible complications. Yikes..

Thanks Sarah: Waiting for gynae's instruction on what next. So now.. i'm trying to be positive. =)

Seems like u all have been dutifully drinking milk..i have not really been drinking milk..always feeling full. Think lacking calcium tsk tsk..must start drinking liao!

My mum kept telling me not to drink cold drinks, even cold fresh milk also cannot, say not good. According to her, must drink the powdered milk. So thats why I havent been drinking much milk..

starr_nn,
I'm not drinking milk for the calcium. A few doctors I've seen don't really advocate that anyway.
It's more like a craving for choco drinks but milo/hot choco are too heaty so I go for choco milk instead.
happy.gif

leenleen: don't worry too much, Dr tend to show the worst case scenarios. there is minor & major only majors require transfusion. if need go for fetal blood test, that can give u results to make the decision so that there's no regrets
happy.gif

I love to drink cold water ... I just can't help it. I miss my ice teh o but they said no good. I love bubble tea too but I try not to drink everyday .

Mummies,

You can mail to ask for milk powder samples from SimilacMum, Enfamum, or other brands to try.

I'm drinking SimilacMum now. Only 1 flavour available. The promoter recommend milo to add into the drink to make it chocolatey. = )

Sarah.K, try not to drink too much cold drinks, especially teh, becos it's very cooling to our body. I also miss drinking them haha.

Leenleen

Don worry so much see what your Gynae say first. My Gynae that time explained to me that if bb is minor it is ok de.

twins : my friend pass me the similac ... dont really like but idea to put milo ... cause i like coco stuff .... now waiting for dumex to send to my house ...

<font color="000080">GG Lee >> Good luck for yours too! When do you get your results?

Sarah >> Yar I miss my teh peng... I've been naughty and drank a few cups recently :p</font>

Hi Leenleen,

I am also a Thalessemic carrier. I only knew that i was a carrier after i was pregnant with #1. So long as hubby is not a carrier, baby will only be a minor and they will grow up normally. If i m not mistaken, my #2 is also a carrier based on her blood test results.

For thalasemic carriers who are pregnant, you may be slightly anaemic. So just build on the iron. Also, monitor ur blood pressure. If it is on the lower side, you may experience some dizziness.

Hi Michelle,
I have FINALLY weaned my gal. No more bfging... Hopefully, her craving will not come back. it has been 4 days liaoz.. She still ask for it once in a while..n i simply substituted her with her favourite food like cheese, yacult, biscults, etc.

Jo: thanks for your advise. We will do the test and take it one step at a time.

Hi qin: thanks! we will see what the gyane say after he has reviewed my hubby's blood test.

leenleen, dun worry. as my hubby is also suspected of Thalessemic under (Alpha) Group. So gynae suggest for us to go KKH to do the Genetic Blood Test to cfm. Also cos KKH only charge like $15 per pax for the Genetic blood test, whereas TMC will charge like $500 to $600 for the same test.

if you are very concerned, ask your gynae to refer u to KKH to do the test, not to worry as the bb will be alright. the chances or major is also very small percentage only.

Ya I try not to more than 3 cup of ice tea but sometimes really miss the taste of polka green tea. I Nw drink coke zero or rootbeer non caffine or 7-up but of coz not everyday, Mayb alternate day... Keke . I really miss those kopitiam teh o ice. Keke

Mrs Carice: Hope you get the milk powder you like. = ) I'm not a milk person as I prefer milo for breakfast. But my hubby keep nagging me to drink when I'm around 12 weeks. No choice, so I start drinking for the sake of my twins.

Mummies: Something to share from the book "Lessons from Stanley the cat".

Do not let any bad comments or derision bother you. Consider negativity as passing gas.

Nothing is really as personal as it seems. Everyone's opinion vanishes eventually, so there is no point in recording it in your memory unless it truly inspires you. When someone says something unpleasant about you, imagine it wafting by like a foul odor, or a plume of smoke from a soot-filled fireplace.

It is much more important to build on your strengths and work hard to improve on your weaknesses than it is to entertain a destructive comment. People who spread negative words usually live in a fearful and unhappy world inside their own minds.

I know all the mummies here have difficulties at certain point of their pregnancies. Let's encourage each other and cheer up. Our babies need us to stay happy, so that they will grow healthily in our tummies everyday. = ) Jia You ba...

Teh peng &amp; bubble tea, miss them so much, once in a while still take... make myself feel better leave behind 10-20% hahaaa
another fav bundung chin chow, only can take bundung no chin chow no kick leh
took orange carrot juice as substitute just now... no satisfication!

Back