(2012/03) Mar 2012

twins happiness>> thanks for sharing....indeed encourging...

just pop in by today to leave a post today... been reading siliently... hee...

been drinking milk daily in the morning too.... but this morning probably drank too fast, half way went to puke out the milk... #$%@+X&
after a small slice of tuna bread in office also puke out... &^%$#@*(
isnt into 2nd trimester, all these will GONE???!!
hmm... appeitie is still small but my tummy kind of obvious especially when i sat down like nw... a round ball popping out...
when i looked at myself naked in front of mirror, feel a little sad cos i am like losing my figure!!
my mum saw me the other day also commented that i am like one who cant hide the tummy type... cos last time, she 5 months then can see... nw around 16weeks (4 months) nw, and can see a tummy le...

there are times i dont know to like the growing tummy or dislike it... i scared i will be a fat women for the rest of my life after give birth yet i want my junior to grow too... sob...

then my Hb is guessing i am having a girl inside me. cos he thinks that girl is more "sensitive" cos i nausea still... then cos a friend of his has a boy toddler, and he keeps smiling at me, then they said cos inside is a girl, so the boy toddler like me...

last visit on sat cant tell the gender yet... gynae said the position is not right cant tell... and HB assume cant see mean a girl lor...

but, my mum said might be a boy instead... these few days kind of quite moody lor...
sorry ladies... ranting here....

I miss teh-c too..avoided it for a long time, and drank it last week. was feeling so uncomfortable after, maybe too acidic or whatever..tummy turning upside down. guess that helps me to stay away from it in a good way

starr_nn>> last sat drawn 3 tubes of blood for the triple tests for me... the nurse hasnt call me yet... probably i gave them a call later... hmm... test for several items, and one of the is testing for HIV which require my acknowledgement. does OSCAR test for this as well??
have u done yours?

Sarah, polka green tea i drink it too but really must control. i was deprived of teh and green tea since preggy, until my MIL gave me the green light to drink but i still control.

juniorme, i think oscar test is for DS..blood test and measuring NT.
the triple test is first trimester testing...

i did the first trimester testing together with the oscar test, so they drew 4 tubes of blood from me, but i havent gone to doctor since that time, so will only know the results of the first trimester results next week

how big (length) is yr bb when you scanned?

starr_nn> i just ring them... the lady said my blood test is normal so she didnt ring me, the triple test not yet out,and if its normal she will not call also unless urgent... details the gynae will explain to me in my next visit...

Junior, i tot the 3 tubes blood test is done on 1st appt de? i had it done on my very 1st appt with gynae that includes HIV and etc.

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well
happy.gif
Anyone know the gender of their babies already? My gynae was amazing, she was able to tell the gender of my no. 3 at 14 weeks...she has proven that my son and daughter's prediction right. Trust your kids prediction, its quite accurate
happy.gif

wenwen>> hmm... think my gynae's prcatise is different from urs... i only took mine last sat only... but the other two gynaes i visited for the first time didnt take bloods also... hee..

krissie>> hmm... how about the first one, no other silbing to predict for me...?? hee... and i bring forward my next appointment with my gynae to 5th Oct instead of 15th... cos i wanna see my junior soon and hope can know the gender... haha... the nurse asured me that my blood test normal no need to bring forward the appointment date... but inside my heart, i am thinking i wanna see my junior la...

<font color="0000080"> Sarah >> Ahhh no Coke Zero! That has aspartame, which can affect bb's neural development. So it's either the real Coke or nothing :p

Twins Happiness >> Thanks for sharing
happy.gif
</font>

Hi all,

guess most of us are in 2nd tri, we shld enjoy it. We are half way through, hang on there... jia you!

FYI: the milk powder price is increasing.. sob...

I wonder if 100Plus helps for those mummies who crave for gassy drinks?

I remember those days when I have headache, after drinking a can, headache not as bad as before. Last time, I also run quite often, having a can of 100Plus also helps to prevent my leg cramps.

chomp : Carice is not my real name ... that why you cant add me .... it ok you go add michelle ... i add you from there ....

sarah : if you like me who love to drink coke ... you can limit yourself like 1-2 can per week ... i already change to root beer and 7-up or other fruit juice

Welcome SarahK
happy.gif
How come your MS come so late? I'm so glad my ms is gone! If the pills are making u sick, u can try those milk powder for mummies. Coke is my fave! I dun care... will drink it every wkend. When I had #1, I can't drink coke as I will puke. Luckily this round ok. For my this pregnancy, I love to eat things which I don't usually eat ie snacking on chocolates &amp; chips. Coke, chocolate &amp; chips... super fattening! Talking about coke, will go &amp; buy coke when my meeting ends... have headache the whole afternoon!

JuniorMe: No worries, you'll definitely lose the weight if you b'feed diligently like Michelle
happy.gif
She managed to lose 46kg so nothing is impossible. For me I'm 5kg fatter than b4 preggy... that's bcoz i b'feed for 7mths only. Hee...

star_nn: Me too... can't drink tea with milk or even tea O. Will feel sick. So now my only caffine drink is coke ;p I drink cold water everyday... even cold milk. My mom has given up nagging on me as when I had #1, I also did this.

coke is nice! think little bit ok la, once a week, i will share a can w hubby, i take lesser la..if not feel guilty after that lol

how much weight have u all gained so far? i hardly gained any weight leh, only abt 2kg maybe...but tummy round round, just that not much weight gain..

starr_nn>> i gained about 2 kg from week 6 till now week 16 at most nw, my limps are the same but my tummy also round round...i weight myself at least once a day... but i also dont wish to gain too much weight nw, i heard in weeks to come, when BB gets bigger, our intake will naturally BIGGER... hee...
yes time is indeed slow for me... alone in this room which the equipment noises... irrtating at times...

twin_happiness>> yes, i think 100 plus is fine accordingly to my gynae... during week 6/7, i feel full and want something to help me burp out so go for 100 plus... I gotten to watch out my sugar intake as my gyane warned me at the start, so i dont take too much soft drink... but i have ribbena daily, add a little to my water so it got some taste for me...

Wenwen: Thanks for your advise, will discuss with my gynae on the next step.

starr_nn: I hardly gained any weight too. My weight before pregnancy is like 56kg. Now into my 13 weeks, i'm like only 56.9kg. The only thing that is different is my tummy which is rounder...

i drank root beer!! cannot tahan. always see my hub drink all these gassy drinks, i feel buay tahan.

then in the end i hv watery stools for 2 days. i am a tea-person. but for 4 mths never drink tea. kinda sian ... :'(

zelda : ya loh..duno y my ms come so late!! at 1st i still praised myslf so good ah no ms at all...then when during my 10-11wks..i started to eat n throw..but good sign is i try to control for 2 days nv throw out at all.. hope i will feel better.

Perrier nice meh? like gasy but no taste leh..100plus can ah? anyway i will stop my coke..infact the most frm my start of preg i didnt really drink that much of coke..just read some articles is fine to take but intake must control. But i will stop taking..mayb rootbeer without caffine can ba..keke..i had bubble tea like passionfruit greentea 20% sugar level once a wk..my gynae told me i can drink up to 3 glass of tea per day but of coz i nv..i will feel gulity if one day i drink alot these type of drinks except water.

leenleen,
lucky for you, you gained. but for me, everytime sees gynae visit, always lost weight
sad.gif

end of this mth gng for gynae visit again, hopefullie got a bit of gaining weight ...

star_nn: so far i nv gain weight..was 44kg b4 preg and nw still abt the same..someday i even lighter..but my tummy is round and my bb is growing..i think shldnt b a problem..my gynae said somebody gain weight frm 16wks onwards..

okok thanks all, i also dont want to become too fat, if not its gonne be hard to shed off the fats next year! i was 49 kg b4 pregnancy, now fluctuating in the 51 decimal range
my mum kept nagging that i got to eat more, if not bb will b skinny etc

oh ya..just to check..anyone stop eating seafood? i still eat prawn.i tink shldb b a problem right? i love cockles in laksa but ever since i preg..i nv take liao..i see my hub eat..i drooling...do u tink i can eat cockles if is fully cook? im gg to eat steamboat later for dnr..just wonder if i can eat or not? my gynae said can woh but usually gynae always say anything aso can eat as long watch out the intake.

sarah, i think can eat, just have to make sure its fully cooked, but limit intake also

same for seafood, can eat but limit intake

chomp_chomp: wow.. is it due to you not having a good appetite? I have good appetite during the day but in the evening, i simply can't take in much food.

Sarah: I LOVE LOVE LOVE my coke and my teh-o. I did a double-take when i heard the gynae saying to cut down on the caffine. I think after seeing my facial expression, he gave me the green light to have one cup of teh-o a day. Which i increase it on my own accord to 2 cups a day. As for my coke cravings - i replaced it with 7-up isotonic drink or 100 plus...

star_nn: so tonight i can eat cockles ah? hehe..i make sure is fully cook...hehe

Leenleen: u mean 2 cups a day of teh-o ah? can ah? i only sip sip my hub teh-o ice once awhile..i cant reali take hot drinks..except peppertea at night to ease my tummy...
if 100 plus can..then i will start to drink liao..today i took a can of rootbeer alrdy..wonder tonight can i have another soft drink or not?

leenleen, i have no problems eating... since now is festive season, almost all houses got good foods. so i just gobble up. but then cannot too much, later heartburn hehe. but dun know why, my weight keeps dropping. pregnant is 53 kgs. now i am 50kgs. but gynae assures me, as long as baby inside growing, its ok. my colleagues says, all my food passed to baby, tats why i didnt gained weight.

sarah, i still take prawns. but gynae says no sushi / raw stuffs. must thoroughly cooked.

sarah, i have been eating laksa 4 days straight...coz dunno y i crave for laksa everyday...n i still eat the cockles but don't seem to like it as much now

sarah, from baby center website

Oysters, cockles (siham in Cantonese), lala and other shellfish should be avoided during pregnancy, unless they are part of a hot meal and have been thoroughly cooked. This is because, when they are raw or half-cooked, these types of seafood might be contaminated with harmful bacteria and viruses that can cause food poisoning. Pregnant women are particularly susceptible to food poisoning because pregnancy suppresses their immune systems. The bacteria and viruses are usually killed by proper cooking making these shellfish safe to eat.

Sarah, if u can control, I think better to avoid cockles, as they are not very 'clean' I feel. Even normal times if suay can kena diarhoea/food poisoning. I mean sometimes this kind of thing better safe than sorry. I stopped eating since preggy though sometimes i see fried kway teow v tempting but my hubby end up ask uncle fry only with fishcake no cockles..

bc: i really miss laksa but if ask me eat without the cockles i rather dun eat..i aso not sure if i ask the aunty fully cook my cockles will she do it or not? if steamboat mayb i still can make sure is fully cook coz done by me..hehe. ever since im preg..i love spicy food too! read somewhere spicy food causes heartburn but if ask me dun eat..i will feel very sianzz

GG, i also want to eat fried kway teow, yum yum, but i worried will vomit leh, although now in tri2, not that susceptible to feeling nauseous and vomit..
when i was having m/s, i will puke whenever i eat kway teow, so now i have a phobia towards kway teow haha

during 1st month i totally cannot take spicy food..but after that i crave for spicy food every single day...except for curry...i guess its the milk in curry that i can't take...but laksa i can take...so weird...lol...

My gynae told me that I can eat anything but cannot anyhow take Chinese herbs.

So I eat everything, sashimi, cockles, seafood etc etc. But I realized tt I got rashes whenever I ate seafood or things tt dun agree. I will stop eating!

Coke is my fave drink so I will just share it w my hubby!!!

GG Lee: really ah? ok loh...then i better dun tink abt it. keke
im not a raw food person so sushi or sashimi i can dont eat at all..but i starts to crave for fries at night...seems all the food i like is not so healthy...im really tired of eating kiwi and drink milk or other fruit...the only fruit i wan to eat nw is watermelon which i knw i cant..zzz

this morning i ate soon queh...the chilli was so spicy that i went to the toilet halfway but came back n continue eating...just couldn't stop...lol...

k@ye: same here..my gynae told me i can eat anything even sashimi but of coz i dun like so i nv take..
how abt steak ? isit a must we must eat fully done steak? my gf is preg too and i watched her eat peperlunch with the steak like not fully cook..but i dare not so i kwai kwai eat my plain meehoon soup.
sad.gif

radish isit "cai poh"? oh i ate it when i was in taipei early this month..very yummy so i cant stop eating..i guess i ate abt 3 bowl of noodles and they spreaded with cai poh..keke
i dont take veg at all since i was young til nw..so i have to take fruit to compensate it..but always the same kiwi, apple, strawberry..kinda scary to me now..

Back