(2012/02) Feb 2012

Xia: thks for the info On fm.

Opps: shall see whether can find coconut water later from the foodcourt then. I just eaten Mc Chicken value meal, sharing coke n chocolate sundae with my hubby. Yum yum... Guess this shd be the last coke n sundae before delivery wor....

GG: I hv signed up stemcord for the cord blood banking. Try to decide soon if u keen. Think there is an emergency charge if u sign last min. For stemcord, if u get a referral of an existing customer, u wil Get a $50 discount off yr first yr subscription. I signed up in dec when there is promo of some $300 off initial fee. If u keen on stemcord, ask them regarding this promo too.

Opps - hahah I also tried to tahan for #1 but cannot. Den #2 dunno whether to try again not. But NC say #2 faster I scared not in time for epi if pain and i drag! LOL. I abit scared the stitching part can feel.

Happytomato - those small bottle kind can onli buy from hospital now or mebbe by contacting milk companies direct? U wan buy those ah? I had a box like GG from the hospital. Those is premix 60mlx6 rdy to drink kind. Tot quite gd when bring bb go out cos dunnid make milk. But now nid pay money. =.=" sianz. Ur hb b home with u first few days? Mebbe u got alot milk? =p If nid den send hb buy? Heh. Infant formula damn ex! Those tin kind buy off the shelves all powder form de.

GG - my #1 with cordlife so I stayed on with cordlife. Got discount and nb clothes set(dragon design quite cute) and $50 taka voucher for #2. Hee hee. Can go shopping =x

Evon - if u got date u prefer can discuss with gynae still and ask for options if u wan. Tok to ur gynae. =)

Hazel - ya I cried too when my #1 got menses discharge. I kind of forgot some girl bbs will get it and plus I tink my CL not v clean with bb den got overly worried. Tot she injured or wat. =p Tink normal to tink abit more after labor. ESP u went through quite abit. Try to relax ya! And do cheer up! Anything tok to us! We'll b here for u! Do take care ya! =) btw nb v sleepy de. Mine also kip fall asleep halfway breastfeeding. Tried waking her but cannot wake de. Tink too gentle with her cos she #1. when I see nurse try to wake her is quite violent de but first time handling nb still dun dare too chor lor scared injure her. In the end I just let her slp till she naturally wake and ask for milk. Not so gd. became a snacker. spoilt. =x

Anyone who delivered without epi? Can share if stitching the time feel pain still? My frens who went through without epi said the labor pain too intense so after delivering when doc stitching cannot feel anything. Issit true?

Chewie, thanks in Adv. Also any additional charges or things should bring to hospital? Sanitary pad? Newborn diapers?

Jinglebell n Xia: thanx for the infor on the bb binder! We didn't know wat it was n hb was saying why bb need to keep figure since infant. LOL!

Oops, it's true that TMC will give free upgrade from 4bedder to 2bedder cause they only have 1 4bedder room. I got a free upgrade last time when I was admitted. But now baby boom, even single room is fully booked, don think they will do so Liao.

Chilli- u lucky girl! Got free FM! I tried to ask my clinic n the nurse just brushed me off n say they don have free sample because they promote breast feeding. Haiz!

Hazel- R u alright? A bit worried abt u, try not to get too emotional, post natal blues will get worse. I'm sure your girl will get better after tender care at home.

Jinglebell- we have the same EDD date leh! I'm also hoping baby will tahan until full term cause really like Vday.
happy.gif

Opps - I also hope i am able to wean off painkillers asap!

Hazel - U r most welcome
happy.gif
Don worry if u feel down or anything must remember to voice/cry it out. Don't bottle it inside u as it only makes u worse. 2 of my frens broke down abt a week after birth even though bb is ok. They just feel very emotional and doc say is hormonal change. I ve a feeling tt i will break down too as i m not one tt can handle stress well and will tend to worry unnecessarily. Just trying to remind myself tt its normal to feel this way when it happens.

Xia - Ya hopefully i ve milk supply. A bit worry now as i heard some ppl ve colostrum leaking even b4 bb is born. For me totally none at all lei. Then worry if bb not hydrated may lead to jaundice.

Hazel, think positive. Ur bb girl will be fine, dun worry too much. Gonna take care of urself first before u take take care of her also.

@xia, we might really be ward mates in TMC! I was Tinking of getting 4 bedded when registering for admission cos I heard so much abt the auto upgrade. But after thinking abt the dragon boom year, I decided not to take my chances. Better to book 2 bedded so that they can upgrade me to single bedded den downgrade me to 4 bedded. Anyway, the cost diff is not big between 2 bedded and 4 bedded, probably <$100?

HI Mummy (zeal), I'm delivering at TMC, what about you?
happy.gif
I really hope to pop much earlier - like, tomorrow if possible! haha! Tomorrow's my last day of work though. Going to see my gynae tomorrow. how big is your baby now?

Oops!: Same! The difference between my son and my baby is about 1.5 years (17 months to be exact). Mine was c-sec due to no progression in labour. You? Hopefully this time can have VBAC. who is your gynae? I want to try without epi too

Icyclaw: don't buy pampers. We find it slightly big. In fact we have tried a few

Huggies/pampers/drypers

We find Huggies the best for baby born small like ours about 2.1kg

Drypers also ok. But quality Huggies abit better.

Oh ya RE:Insurance, I bought savings from AIA coz it seemed to be one of the better limited pay saving plans around. I remember your savings of X gets around 2X back. But that's always projection. Then for whole life insurance I got from my banker at Citibank. Tokio Marine. Less than 100 a month get critical illness also. Cover about 250k.

Jen, the baby tummy binder issit a piece of cloth with velcro at end? My fren use it to secure the swaddle so baby's arms really cannot move

Zeal, everything got charge. Newborn diapers, pads, wet wipes. But all small charges and same as pharmacy price. Just bring home the unused, save yourself trouble of buying. I'm gonna miss mt e!! I really like the LC Ling. she's very helpful. Hopefully my milk comes in soon.. Now still colostrum only. Even the kitchen aunties are also v nice. Very happy to have chosen this hospi

Xia, I believe doc did inject LA for stitching. Impossible to not feel the stitches. I could feel the tugging n thread like very thick. It's taking me a lot to get used to the stitches and feel confident to go toilet!

xia: I gave birth w/o epidural. The Dr will give local anesthetic. The pain during stitching is minimal. Just some poking sensation every now and then. And really, after the labour pain, the stitching is considered almost painless.

Anybody did bf and felt soreness? I felt pain everytime my baby latch on for the first few moments. And after that just soreness. When I tried to pump, I could get milk out initially, but these two days can't get much out even though I have milk. Dunno how to solve this prob. :/

Chewie, yes thats the one wif Velcro but think its a bit short to wrap round the swaddle, maybe just enough for tummy.

Btw, did u have episiotomy or natural tear?

Bluceyst, do u have lumps? Could be milk build up or blocked ducts. Shd be able to call up the lactation consultants of your hospital and ask. From what I understand, either massage or use cabbage leaves to ease engorgement

Jen, I bought 2 pc. 1 from tollyjoy and 1 from kiddy palace. My friend tied around the arms so very secure swaddle. I might try and let u know of long enough.. Doc let me tear...

xia: Oh no.. I din get any angbaos! Was there?

hazel: Don't let it bottle in you.. We are all here to lend a listening ear! I was weepy on the fourth day and till now,still a bit overwhelmed but it gets better as the days passed by. Just remember to let these thoughts out..

blucryst: Did you try massaging your breasts before pumping? It could b engorgement.. As for the soreness, it's quite normal but if it's very painful, it could be incorrect latching. Break your bb suction and make sure the mouth is in the right position again. Put lots of nipple cream!

Chewie, blucryst - thanks! U both v brave!!! Paise more questions cos scared not in time for epi and wan b mentally prepared... Got episiotomy? B4 cut got LA also or no? Cut the time can feel? Inject LA is where? Below? Inject the time pain? =x

Chewie - ya I rem the first toilet trip after they remove the catheter quite scary. Not tat pain but the mental hurdle v hard to cross. ESP the first bowel... So scared stitches tear! Keke

Blucryst - initial pain quite normal I tink cos nipple still sensitive. Do all chewie and jojo says! Heh put nipple cream for sore nipples. Mite b blocked duct from bad latch. Massage to unblock ducts. My ML did it for me. Abit pain but quite shiok cos after tat I feel milk flow v smooth and I learn to do it myself thereafter. When latch try to ensure as much of the aereola goes into bb's mouth as possible. I also tried increasing the spd of the pump to draw the milk out the last time it happened to me. if still cannot mite nid try cold cabbage. But I did tat as last resort nia cos my fren did tat and her milk stopped. For me ok I onli used it 1-2 times. Milk just spurts out. V shiok. Heh. Oh ya try a hot drink b4 pump too. Tink it helps =)

Soul - LOL and thanks! Lucky I read 2nd MSG!

Jen - hahahaha ur hb v farnee!!

Happytomato - dun tink so far. Heh I also no milk yet. Tink quite normal. Those already got milk special case. We still norm. Dun worry! =)

Meifen - I booked single rm but tink sure dun have. I got feeling hb will change me to dbl rm instead of single premier tis time round. So really got chance. Keke.

Jojo - hazel got it at TMC. Hers 1st 88 bbs! =) Not really Ang Bao. More of a hamper. Heh.

Hazel - u my lobang queen! Cannot fall k! If not next time I no more lobang! Haha. Also rem ur bb is 1st 88 bb at TMC! Heng heng one! She will b healthy and strong! =)

Chewie, JoJo, xia: thanks for the advice. I tried to latch baby with as much of the aereola inside the mouth. I only tried on the less painful side though. The other side I wanted to let it 'rest' but I tried to pump in the end and still not much milk from that side. I tried to massage before that but dunno if it's coz I didn't massage long enough or massage the wrong way. Will ask my massage lady later when she comes. If still fails, probably will make appointment with lactation consultant at TMC. Dunno if it will be costly or not though.

Xia: I had episiotomy. When I was in pain, just heck care and push when there's the urge. The nurse had to press on my perineum to prevent me from tearing. I think there's no anesthetic when doing episiotomy because I can kinda feel the cut. But I think at that moment you just wanna push the bb out, won't bother about the cut. I don't feel pain during the cut. LA is injected down there but if I wasn't told about it, I won't know I had an injection. So it probable feels like a prick coz that's what I felt initially. Subsequently can feel the thick thread at times.

Blucryst, I think shd be abt $100. That's the charges at mt e. Dr Wong will be a good person to consult at TMC. Many mummies here went for her class. When did you deliver?

Xia, my experience similar to blucryst except mine was tear. Din feel anything during tear, during injection or during sewing. Only now can feel when I'm using toilet. I'm still trying to get over my phobia of the stitches

orangeroses, we are in the same situation. My #1 is 17mths now. When bb born he will be 18mths so jus nice 1.5yr gap. I also went for emergency c-sect cos no progression in labour. Stuck at 5cm dilation for many hrs. My gynea is Goh Shen Li in KKH. Read abt doula where many say very good for VBCA mummies. But I won't engaged their service cos too ex liao. I will try my best to do myself.

Hazel, Jia you. Don think too much. Everything wil be ok. I also break down, cried and quarrel with hubby many time during my confinement. Crying during confinement will damaged our eyes leh. NO choice, I knw emotionally we can't ctrl. Try to think from the brighter side.

Mummies with #1, wan to ask where will your #1 and bb sleep? Currently my #1 sleep in his playpen in our room. We bought a new adult bed and set up his room few weeks ago. Having big problem transferring him over to his room and bed leh. Hav a big fight last nite with him cos really buay tahan. I let him cry, tok to him and let him superglue to me for 1hr then he finally wiling to sleep on his own in the rm and bed. Feel super exhausted now cos the fight was between me and him alone last nite. Hubby work overtime so can't help.

Hav to chase him out of his playpen cos hav to let bb sleep when he born leh. Can share with me how u gals handle your #1?

Feel super sian and tired having to fight with him again tonite. Hubby can help tonite but worried he will give in to him. His heart very soft for my #1.

I was in epidural before water bag was burst n all the way to end of delivery.. Gynae did episotomy but I didn't feel the cut.. BUT I can feel the stitching n i can feel the pricking pain... Dunno why...

Hi Mummies

Sorry to interrupt. I have a pair of Brand New Medela Milk Collection Shells for sale. Bought it at $26.90 but letting go at $18.

Please PM me for quick deal. Thanks.

Chewie: I attended Mrs Wong's antenatal class before. Wah $100 not cheap.. If I really do require their service I hope it can solve my probs. Now I standby one tin of FM for one to two night feedings. Don't really feel like doing so but no choice. Also feel that bb is taking quite long to feed now. Dunno if her demand has increased or she can't get much milk from one of the side.
I delivered exactly 1 week ago on Fri. How abt u? U delivered at mt a?

Oops: if ur #1 has been sleeping with you all along, it will take some time for him to adjust to sleeping alone. I read before that you have to do it slowly. First talk to him about your new expectations about the new sleeping arrangement. Say sth like "mummu and daddy sleep on this bed, big kids like u sleep in this bed". Then try having one of you sleep with him in his room first, then slowly sleep farther away from him till back in your own room. If he follows, calmly walk him back and remind him of the new rule. If he made improvement, praise him or give him a small treat.

I dunno if it works coz I read it from somewhere, hope it'll be of some help
happy.gif

Blucryst, will try your method tonite. Hav tok to him many times last nite till I start scolding him. Cos he nod his head say ok but in the end once I step out of the rm he started to cry again. I told him I will sleep with him once I finish my hseworks but he won't listen.

Hope tonite he can guai guai listen to me. Maybe ask hubby to sleep with him 1st while I do hseworks. Last nite I sleep with him once I finished my hse works. Did not hav a gd sleep cos the mattress very uncomfortable. And the mattress on the floor very low, I can't stand up to go pee. Fell asleep in office jus now.

Gals, my nephew is 8 yrs old. P2. He also feels insecure now with my bb.. He sleeps with grandparents since birth.. With a bb, he is scared grandma will not go bk n sleep n will wait for her.. Those with younger elder child I guess will be worse?

Hazel, yup, I'm worried abt tis too. Plus the jealousy part coming in. Sure will hav problem with sleeping pattern. Hav to really re-train them again. Takes time and effort. But once we did it, everything will be fine.

So there is lots of training to be done for a bb.

Just came bk from gynae check, n did a scan. Dr said bb now already 3.9kg based on wk38 scan. She said actual cld be smaller but at least 3.6kg now, n bb tummy bigger than head, so likely shoulder cld be larger than head too. So higher risk of getting stuck if go natural. Would be opting for c sect now..... Sigh....
sad.gif

Having late lunch now. Next Monday is my last day at work before clearing annual leave and ML. Everyone is like so last min panick and start asking me whether done here, done that. I already told them all done during my haandover last week but guess no one paid attention. Haiz.. At least boss finally responded to my email appeal and approved for me to stretch my ML but must ask her on a week-by-week basis loh.

Xia, read the article you posted, very useful! I loved the abalone under 20 best food.
happy.gif

Jinglebell: if got risk of bb being stuck, then safer to do c sect. Any special date you are choosing for c-sec?

jinglebell10 - Wah 3.9kg is big! Nm just look to the bright side ya. Although natural delivery is usually preferred but c section doesn't make u less of a woman or anything n u get to choose ur date
happy.gif

Opps, maybe your elder afraid of the dark and being alone in a big room. Maybe can try leave a bedside light on, then he won't feel afraid?

I was fearful of the dark since young, and refused to sleep alone if no light on, don't know whether your kid may think same way.

Jen, but pass 3 weeks he's able to sleep by himself while I do my hsework leh. Pattern change so fast. Tonite I try to on the bedside lamp for him and see how.

Jingle, u can still try for VBCA for you next bb. Jia you and take care. Mus rest more for c-sect leh.

Beemummy - my pd came everyday to see and make sure everyday ok, and did 2 blood test for my gal. I find first 1 not necessary, and the second 1 ok as done w metabolic test.

May I know Anybody can advise how much is the pd charges for during the hospital stay? Mine is $1200 this time round as compared to #1 which is only $278.20..

Chewie, I thot the LC at mtE is free? They charged u $100?!

Hazel, pls take care and positive thots will help!

Icy claw, I replied u in the Jan thread... :p

Thanks gals, for the encouraging words. Wil think positive. At least bb head confirmed round round tis time. Haha.

Jen: Have tentatively chosen 9 or 10 feb, next thurs/fri, pending dr's reply on her other patients cos she got operations on these dates alr, can only confirm on 8 feb. am thinking, maybe bb will choose herself...next week is my 39 wk alr lor....

Blucryst, I was at mt e. delivered tues evening
happy.gif

Zeal, LC is free when in hospital. But subsequently if go back it is $100

Icyclaw, pd only was abt $350. Excludes tests and vaccines

Hi everyone, baby was home yesterday. abit cranky not sure issit he not used to the environment. cried the whole night, didnt want to sleep until 5am in the morning. Maybe i didnt realli manage to feed him bm, only once. he was on fm at hospital. n i think fm makes him have alot of wind, he keeps burping when patted on the back... n give the super enjoy face...

thankfully i have my MIL and SIL helped me to take care of him last night. veri panicky. hubby didnt sleep well also cos bb keep crying.

I am officially onboard on the lifetime roller coaster ride... MOTHERHOOD!

Mummy zeal, think will be good if you bring an extra packet of newborn diapers, my #1 still have left over from mt a, but #2, finished 1 pkt and lucky hubby going back home and brought some back cos hospital usually more exp?

Just to share, I think buying sofy night pads (extra long kind) is better than using the maternity pads which is not really long and though can stack on top of each other, but very awkward..

I only staying in single bedded, gleneagles. Managed to speak to the pd just now and he say his charges are within the guidelines which has recently been removed due to anti competitive issues. He is not sure how much time the other PDs spend with baby and parents, but he is well known to spend the most time w parents in the whole of singapore. I seriously doubt so cos i wldnt want to spend more time w him as I had already decided not to continue to use him aft the hospital stay as he actually insisted that I send my baby to him when he appeared out of the blue for his checks when I had aldy informed the nurse to ask him to wait as I had only managed to latch my baby on successfully after numerous attempts on the 2nd day. Didn't even see him on the 1st day..

icyclaw: yeah i agree. d sofy ones are better they have a broad end which helps prevent leakage. i bought both types, wasted money buying d maternity pads. hospital provided one pack but ended up i used my own sofy one.

Icyclaw: the pd charge for mine is $300+. I stayed in singled bedded room at TMC. I also am not going to continue with this pd. found her rather impatient and we are not comfortable with her style.

Back