(2012/02) Feb 2012

Hi mommies, got a qn: if bm doesn't come on the first few days after bb birth, how? Supplement with fm?? Wil this cause bb to reject bm later on?

jinglebell, so far I nvr heard of any bb rejecting FM or BM for the 1st few days. All bb abt to take both FM and BM. Jus try to give as much of BM as possible, if not enough, jus top up with FM.

All the best Rocco!!

Tks for sharing, will try not to walk too much then. Am hoping bb comes out nearer edd. Still a lot of things haven't do!!! Yet to wash her clothes, sterilizers etc!!!!

jinglebell, nvr heard of such case. Usually for newborns they are ok with the changes. Once they taste FM, they will still take BM. Actually infant FM taste awful. Where our BM is sweet so most bb will still take BM after the taste of FM.

Like what I hav say, if u worry, jus feed both FM and BM. Then slowly change to full BM when ur supply is up in full strength.

Ok Thks opps.

Hi gg, how r u? I also trying not to walk too much so tt bb wil come nearer edd. But these few days can feel bb keep pushing down. Also very heavy .... Bb wt at wk 35 alr 3kg. Now wk 38, feel much much heavier. Scare if really full term, bb too big cannot go natural birth....

Icyclaw-use pampers newborn, heard from my friend pampers newborn cutting very small, good for premature babies. How are you?

Opps-long time no hear from you! Was worried how you are.
happy.gif

AL- hvae you made any appt to see the lactation consultant regarding your bleeding? It must be real scary to see blood coming out.

GG- you should start washing liao, may not have enough time left.

Jojo-welcome! Where did you deliver on 26Jan2012? Any Angbao for you and baby?

Jen, I went on course for 2 days and busy last fri cos hav to finish some work before going for the 2 days course. Now back in office and hear so many good news.

I keep having mild tummy cramps. Can feel heavy and bb pushing downwards when walking and even sitting down. Hav to endure! 4 more weeks for me.

Still having many problems at home not solved. Really cracking my head thinking of solutions. The only solution to the matter is money. The only way I can think of.

Hope I can put all this worries aside and concentrate on enjoying my last pregnancy.

Btw, looks like not many birth stories here hor. I love reading birth stories.

jinglebell> babies have reserves to last about 3 days... according to WBB, no milk or very little milk until 5th day is still ok as long as u have colostrum. so dont be in a hurry to feed bb FM! the exception is if bb has serious jaundice, then they might need FM or glucose water etc. but best to let your PD advise you.

Rocco> i think the night stomach cramp is a sign! the old folks say if got stomach cramp at night means bb coming soon. heh. good luck and keep us updated!

Boss jus told me that she will be taking away my project work for now due to my current conditions and the 4 mths ML. But she say she will be looking again on the jobs distribution again 2yrs later. Meaning when I'm back from ML, I will only be doing normal production work. Don know whether I shld be happy or sad. I know it mean no promotion for me for this few yrs too. No project means less performance mah. But I can concentrate on my family loh. Shld not be a problem taking care of 2 kids on my own now.

planet, but will feel heartpain when seeing bb lost weight and wprst keep crying cos stomach not full. I will still supplement with FM so that my bb will not go in hunger.

Opps> It's natural for bb to lose some weight in the first few days.. even FM bbs will lose also. But I know what u mean.. it's definitely heartpain to hear bb cry and not have enough milk to feed him/her. Hopefully our milk will be in when the time comes! Let's stay positive!

Planet, yup yup, hope our milk will come immediately after we deliver. So that our bb can be a full bf bb and can also save on the cost of hospital glass bottle FM.

My milk supply came on 3rd day only. Not even droplets so I supplement with fm after 2 day. But is really true that if want to total bf or latch on than fm feed not using bottle. Cos 1st and 2nd day, he can latch on1 hr now after 10mins he give up and wait for his bottle. Now I hv bf but he don want to latch on I hv to pump more work. But still happy cos milk finally come so worried that hv no milk. So continue to latch till milk comes in. I do that every 3 hrs.

Going to pump soon see wats the volume like.

serene, yup, tats wat happened to my #1. I start bottle when I'm home on the 3rd day then he totally reject latch on after that even I hav the milk on 5th day. My SIL recommended a milk bottle tats looks exactly like our breast and nipple. She say initially her gal can't latch on well but after the using that bottle, she can latch very well now. I'm trying to find the brand of the milk bottle now and will share later.

See! Another mummy who do not hav milk for the 1st 2 days. Don knw y MOH wan hospitals to charged for FM when they know this very true fact.

Yeah hopefully got enuff milk flow quickly after birth. Jus worried cos Dr mentioned bb will be bigger than average at birth most likely. Heard bigger bb needs more milk.

Opps, don't worry too much now. Things can always change. Even in the end, u are allocated less responsibilities, that wil mean more time to focus on yr kids n family. U gain some u lost some. Take it easy.

Woah... Things are happening so fast, there's like one mummy here popping every day on average...

Jia you, Rocco...

These few days, I wake up thinking if it's The Day...haha...

Jen: thanks for the welcome.. feb thread very exciting.. A lot of births going around..

Al: if your bleeding is from the nipples, it's ok to feed baby with the milk but if its internal, it could be a yeast infection and you need to see doc about it and cannot feed bb.. Best to check with a lactation consultant or doc..

Jingle bell: my milk supply hasn't established till now and it's my 6th day after birth so I supplement with FM.. So far bb shows no signs of confusion or rejection.. I think she prefers BM though.. Dun worry so much..

Oops: happened to me when I had no 1.. They also lighten my work saying to alleviate my stress as I just gave birth n I tot so good to help me. When bonus came, haiz.. Also cut by half.. I guess take some give some.. Like u say, can focus on the kids.. N with 2, I'm sure we will be kept very busy..

NC - now I'm really scared!! Summore #1 is induced one so I dun really noe wat to look out for still. Hope by the time I realise it's still in time for epi! LOL

GG - me too! Hi 5! Hahahaha but tink we better start doing some things in case bb decide to give a surprise!!! Keke. But I got a feeling tat bb noe I not prepared tats y she not engaged yet. Urs engaged le ma?

Oops - I'll prob b abt same time as u. Not to worry! Heh. My gynae says mine most likely follow #1 or earlier by 1 wk onli from her past experience. so mine will b Late or on time. My edd is 23 feb. if late I induce on 28 feb. tink urs will prob b even earlier than mine =). Urs engaged yet? And b happie! work stress no gd! When u more stable with both bbs den ask for more work. M sure tat can b arranged later on.

Jinglebell - my #1 was supplemented with fm from day one. I noe got enough reserves in bb but i see bb nothing to eat i feel uncomfortable. Even after supplementing with fm my bb lost 900g upon discharge. Cannot imagine if i did not give fm. I always latch first though. If not enough den give bottle bm/fm. Once supply in I stopped fm totally and bb ok with it. Like wat oops say bm more flavorful. Bbs sure like bm better de. Also Supposedly during 1st 2-3 mths bbs actually not choosy de.

Serene - my fm was given in bottle de but i always give breast first(15 mins each side at least) den bottle if not enough. No probs for TBF. My bb on TBF but onli pure latch from 1.5-6mths plus. Had Stopped giving her bottle from 1.5-3.5mths. When Tried giving her bottle at 3.5 mths she cried the whole day and refused it. Bottle rejection. so if u nid go bac to work u mite wan to give BM in bottle at least once a day after bb proficient with latching.

Rocco - really alot mummies delivering on 1/2/12. Ur bb likes the date! jia yous and smooth delivery! =)

Icyclaw - how heavy ur bb? My #1 was 2.67 on discharge. Pampers nb was the best fit for her.

Jojo - welcome and grats on ur delivery! Where did u deliver and did u get any hamper from hospital? Heh. Paise kpo =p

Dear mummies or mum to be I selling preloved boy and gal clothing from 0-2 years old. Condition ok with little stain. Some not even wear before. Include brand like Carter, fox, disney. Self collect at braddell mrt. Take all around 60pcs for $25. SMS me at 97878819 if keen. For pic please refer to this:http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/editphoto.php?id=265803153480683&__user=524158484

Jojo - welcome and grats on ur delivery! Where did u deliver and did u get any hamper from hospital? Heh. Curious like Jen ;p.

Hi mummies,

I'm at wk38+ now. Gynae say my feet swelling is too much n scan shows bb has low amniotic fluids.
I'm "ordered" on total bed rest now. If things don't improve, I may have to go for C sec this week.
sad.gif

Hi chilli: how low is yr amniotic fluid? What's yr AFI? Mine was 6.4 during wk33 n 7.3 during wk 35. My dr mentioned so long bb is actIve, shd be ok. Drink lots of water, will help to bring up the level. N yes, rest in bed.

@xiaofry, my edd is only 1 day before u. gonna be on maternity leave from next Mon. Gonna do more exercise for easier labour. as a first time mummy, the feeling of 'when is the D Day' is kinda undescribable. *jitters*

Xia, oh yes man! I think bb also know we not ready. I feel like I still got so many things not done. Am coming 37weeks, really must start preparing though I hope bb stays in as long as possible. Mine not engaged yet. For my no 1, I also supplement FM from day 1 in hospital. Feel its better somehow than to let bb go hungry, though yes understand they have reserves to last first few days. But i always latch first then FM, same as you
happy.gif

When will colustrum come in huh? Some mummies seem to have it even before giving birth? Me like still nothing..

jinglebell and Jojo, yup, will look at the brighter side, family more impt now. I work cos I can't stay at home jus looking after kids and hsework all day. And I need to help add on to the family income. Most impt is my hubby's job.

xia, my bb not engaged yet. He jus turn head down last week only. But I start to feel mild tummy cramps now and then. Shld be baton hits bah. So your #1 also overdue??

It's true that babies will lose some weight the first few days after birth. Mine was 3.605kg when delivered. Upon discharged, he was 3.5kg... Today day 6, his weight is back up to 3.7kg... Don't worry too much. Continue latching on cos it will stimulate milk supply.
Oh yeah sharing with you guys my bill at TMC. Like I mentioned, we took single bedded premier ward. Deposit was $3K. Upon discharge, we paid another approx $1240 cash. Medisave amt was $5127.30.

i took epi... bb at 3.04kg at 39wk1day after 9 hrs since i came in... contractions werent veri extreme, but dilate fast. near full dilation nurse force me to push. n when near crowning dr helped to push bb out. 

Wow Rocco, your baby's weight was heavier than estimated? I remember you shared that your BB was only ard 2.7 from last visit? Congrats!!! 9hrs without food? Were you hungry?

Hey Cranky, thanks for sharing the bil amt-so we have to get ready abt 4k then.

i had chicken porridge at 10am. at 6pm damn hungry but nt allowed to eat. after epi vomited, n then had egg sandwich. feel much better nw. but onli intend to breastfeed bb tmr.
happy.gif
durig d whole delivery epi made me feel very cold, numb and after birth was shivering.

Chilli quek - Oh dear. Rest well ya! Awhile more. Hang in there!

Meifen - where u delivering? ya more excercise gd. But Dun overstrained . Pls rest when feel tired. =) so far my frens who excercise were the ones who didn't nid epidural. Dunno got link not. Heh.

GG - LOL hi 5!!! Ok tink we r prob the most unprepared here in the forum. =x let me now after u do something so can motivate me pls! Heh

Jinglebell - no probs. tink most brands got infant formula. Nid to look for stage 1 kind. Normally stage 2 is 6 mths onwards. I asked my hb he say he buy from ntuc last time. But den again he is quite forgetful so if ntuc dun have guardian/watson's tink I see b4. =)

Opps - ya my #1 engaged v early(abt 32wks) and pop v late(40wks 4 days). I even dilated early. 1-2cm @ 38wks I tink. Doc tot I prob deliver 2wks b4 edd but in the end still nid induce den come out. #2 haven even engaged @36wks so I prob b behind u! Long wait sia... see so many pple pop got mixed feelings. Wan bb come out but dunno prepared for it or not. Keke.

Hi chilli: I drank tons of water. At least 3L per day and try to rest as much as poss, reduce walking. 7.6 needs to bedrest n have to go c sect?? My dr doesn't seem to be so worried leh. She said my 7.3 still borderline but not critical. Remembered she did mention previously if falls below 5, then is critical n have tO induce immediately. After tt when AFI raised to 7.3, she even allowed me to resume my yoga, just don't get too tired. She asked me to monitor bb movement closely. If bb still as active n still growing means alright.

Is yr feet swelling very sudden n serious?? I also have some swelling since last wk. but cos I haven't dilated yet, she said just let bb come naturally. No urgent need to induce or c sect. She jus worried my bb gets too big. I'm in wk 38 now.

Think for yr case, no need to worry too much. Jus drink lots of water n monitor bb movement closely. When is yr next scan?

hi all, congrats to new babies.. next time we can meet up & let them have playmates..

same like opps, my EDD is end of the month but this being my 2nd baby, everyone is telling me it might be earlier. so what are the signs again? Feeling anxious... If waterbag breaks, must go hospital immediately right?

Rocco - grats! Ya epi is like tis... No choice. Have a gd rest ya! =) and dun b too worried. Bbs have got tis super amazing healing power. More scratches to come when they start removing their mittens.

Cranky - did u req for single premier or they upgrade u cos not enough rms? R the rms new?

Christina - welcome! =) u can tok to Opps! She trying to kip bb small enough for vbac. Heh how's ur situation?

Hi xia, thanks for the welcome!
happy.gif
Me too trying to keep baby small for VBAC. situation sounds ok for now just worried about uterine rupture. Have a good dr so I know I'm in safe hands so it's just the body and up to the Big Man up there if it's going to happen! All the best to all mommies here delivering this Feb! The month we've been awaiting for is here.

i be discharged tmr night
happy.gif
was too numb n shivering didnt bother to bf. gt nurse to feed my bb fm first. will try first thing tmr.

Rocco, discharged tomor night? That's super fast! Thought it was usually 3D2N stay? U must be recovering well. Can u walk to toilet now? Need to clear your bladder after anesthesia wears off. Oh, did u have time to put on BB cream for pics in the labour room? :D

dr say i can go hm tmr night instead of day after, noon. i showered this morning n put on bb cream, eyeliner n blusher. but bb cream wore off cant cover my panda eyes for photo taking haha.

Back