(2012/02) Feb 2012

Yup, my gynae gave me the admission letter when I was in were 35. She says to show this to tmc during admission. It states your edd, condition of pregnancy, any special remarks etc.

Hazel, dun worry. Am sure you and bb are in good hands. Your bb was only a few days before 37 weeks. Is common to have mucus even for full term bb.

Ng, congrats, looks like good news from u soon!!

Hi hazel,

My terminology is lay man term, your pd friend has put it more medically correct. Yah, heard from my friend 1or2 days, baby can be out of NICU observation once the lungs are adapted to normal breathing. Have u tried pumping yet?

Hey hazel, dun worry too much. Give her a few more days. She's a lucky ger! Already blessed with special ang bao from tmc! She'll get better soon! And ya gbs if got on antibiotics should b ok de. Relax ya. Concentrate on getting milk for bb! =)

It's been a week since I last logon. Happy Lunar New Year to all!

Congratz Hazel! Take care n rest well.

Ng, jia you and smooth delivery!
happy.gif

Rocco, dun worry much. I just went to my gynae yesterday and scan shows that my bb is est to be 3kgs at 35wks plus! It's really 'GULP' to me! Cos my #1 born was jus 3.1kgs, gynae tells me to con't to control my sugar intake. It's so hard lor, esp in this festive season. Brrrr..

just seen dr, bb 2.9kg at 38w2d. luckily dr nvr
scold. nxt appt is one week ltr where he intends for me to do ctg. ctg wun induce labour right? it just detects if we have been experiencing contractions?

38th week has been amazing realli can feel his body's shape when he turns n moves. sometimes d tummy looks distorted!

Does TMC provide hospital grade pumps or must we bring our own?

Also any big difference between regular single room and premier single?

Congrats to new moms!

Hi Rocco, no CTG won't induce. It's just like putting 2 stethoscopes on your tummy hooked up to a machine and you just lie down for 20-30 mins

maxiblur, good luck
happy.gif

Hazel, don't worry. Take care. Yr bb shd b fine under the good hands of the dr & nurses. I'm keeping you & bb in my prayers.

Maxiblur, congas. Wishing your wife smooth & safe delivery!

Beemummy, i think TMC loan pumps, but need to pay rental. Better to bring your own pump.

Maxiblur, good luck! and hope you can see your darling bb soon!
happy.gif

Rocco, it wont induce labour. Jus to check if you are alr in contractions, you get the mid-wife/nurse to explain the chart readings to you. If in contractions, you can see a peak in the chart readings at a constant interval.

Wow, maxiblur, Congrats! Seems like all the babies wants to celebrate CNY before the season ends
happy.gif

Rocco, ctg won't hurt but you will be quite bored lying down hook up to the machine. Last time, my little one was so playful, she started kicking the ctg valve like a football. Hahaha.

Have a silly question here that I really need to ask- errr.., do we need to shave V area other than shower before going to the hospital for delivery?

I asked my gynae if need to, she said the nurses will do it for c-sect, but just the top part. For natural, she usu doesn't get them to do it. So I think it depends on your doc? Just leave it to the nurses lor. Now also cannot see anything below the tummy. Hahaa... I have such a difficult time trying to pee on the strip during my gynae visits

Teong: for us the readings not constant.. Not the usual 10min apiece and then 5min and then 1-2min.. Lol. Had a
Hard time trying to guess if near labour. Lol.. In the end doc and nurse check by dilation.

Maxiblur: congrats! Take care!

Ng: good luck!

Xia: thank you! Yup at least not so tiring for me and the grandparents.. Then again she home le soul mummy got to pump and feed her and then change diapers.. So actually more tiring.. Lucky me soul mummy is taking it quite well..

Jen, annticipating, GG Lee: Thanks for your well wishes too

Chewie, yea i was actually quite amused at myself when i realised it's quite hard to pee on the strip cos my tummy is blocking the view. I can't even see my belly button now.

Jen, I rmbed the last time the nurse at TMC wanted to shave (natural birth btw) for me but didn't cos I've already shave by then. I'm pretty sure TMC will charge for their shaving services. :p So, u can gt ur hb to shave for u a week or two before edd. :p

Jen - dunnid shave unless u particular abt the "haircut". Heh. They will do it cos they onli shave essential part I tink. Not the whole thing. So up to ur preference.

Soul - I tink soul mummy feel worth it. At least get to see bb at home! Tiring but tink she happie doing it! =) did she try latching yet? Mite take some load off cos save on pumping time.

Hehee, think I get professional help from the nurses instead, don trust HB wif the shaver.he cuts himself so often when shaving. :p

Xia: I think so. I half asleep can hear her talking to baby to get her to drink. Latching will save time but then darling daughter very small so mouth also small latching have some issues.

So now just store EBM.

Oh ya just went for my chk up! I friggin gained 3.1kgs in 2 wks!?!?!?! The wonders of cny. Nurse say like tat means 过大肥年 =.=". Bb 2.6kg & 36wks. Tink head already got 31cm. Got to see some hair. Got 2cm long at the bac of the head. Hope top also got hair cos din see it *fingers crossed*. Head down but not engaged yet. Prob b late again like #1. Doc confirmed my stretch marks at the belly button. Sobz!!!

LOL jen I also dun trust my hb! I dun wan get a cut below just before delivery!!! Keke

Maxiblur - grab some food! Will b hungry! Jiayous! =)

Soul - ya slowly no rush but once bb get used to it den much easier le. Hehe

WTA - any mummies had their #1 take mmr jab and develop fever? How long the fever gonna last for ah? My #1 been v groggy ytd and today. Kip sleeping even when not nap time(she hates sleeping btw). Issit normal?

Xia: my boy also took the 2nd mmrv jab before cny. Now having fever and I think all the new year visiting made him v tired also. Having sorethroat and cough haiz...Me v tired can't comfort him...

Chewie, why don u try ask for a urine cup instead. Pee into the cup then dip the strip in to check easier. The clinic lab staff always give a cup to me.
Now, my worst enemy are the stairs n overhead bridge cause can't see the steps anymore due to big tummy. LOL

Xia- think we all fatten up after the CNY goodies n steamboat feastings! I had steamboat every night for the last 4 days since CNY eve, haiz...

soul, other than dilations, there should be some other symptons bah? For mine #1 was i was admitted due to slight mucus discharge, I don't feel the contractions but more of backaching.. like every interval of 1.5hrs apart since the previous night. So i call gynae clinic the next day and they ask me to ward into observations room for CTG scan. I think cos alr have mucus discharge then gynae check also if i'm dilated which I was alr 4cm dilated.

Jen, the nurse will shave a bit for you de. I also kena for my #1 back then.

Seems like these fews days we will be hearing more n more mummies popping. Good luck and a smooth delivery to all mummies! Jia you jia you!
happy.gif

GG, mucus plug discharge i mean. Usually it's dark red to red discharge, not the normal discharge. If you are seeing that please call and check with your gynae. For #1 was dark red discharge together wth backaching which I have timed the interval is 1.5hrs apart constantly.

Hi all, jus back from gynea appt. So happy to hear that bb aldy turn head down. Weight 2.3kg now.

COngrats Hazel. Wow, hav $388 hamper and diaper leh. DOn worry too much. Your gal shld be ok.

Jus did my pre-admission, KKH now charged for glass bottle milk ($1 per bottle), diaper and wipes starting from 1 Jan 2012. Super angry wor but no choice. 1st few days definitely no milk mah, why force us to bf. Wan our bb to go hungry meh.

OH ya, another thing, I only put on 1 kg this mth. Yeah!!! After all the CNY feast, I nvr put on too much weight. Last mth I put on 3kg think cos of the durian feast which I had 3 time in a row last mth.

Hubby say bb only 2.3kg very small so wan to feed me wif durians. FAINT!!! I don care, I purposely wan a small bb so that I can go for VBCA.

Teong, I see! Tks, mine is heavier discharge. Keep telling bb guai guai stay inside put on more weight first
happy.gif

Opps, ya durian v potent. I took also, bb was 2.7 at 34wks+.

Congrats to all the mummies who popped! Feeling way to anxious already... Hve u all packed your hospital bags and bought all the stuff? I kept feeling like I forgot something...... I wonder what!!

Happy new year to all!! Pray for smooth delivery!!

Haappy dragon year everyone!!! Jus went check up n My bb aso nt big wo. 2.5kg at wk 36+. doc wana induce me during wk38.. So hav to pump up abit more this 2wks liao. Me no gain wt since 2mths ago. Nurse ask me eat more more more cos bb need e extra foood. Tink partly due to me falling sick last wk causing no appetite n CNY food no attraction to me leh..

Natbaby, can i know why your doc wana induce you at 38wks? I though most gynae is pro-natural birth unless your bb is big then they would suggest induce wor. Try eating more red meat?

I aso dun rem wat to bring to hospital liao. Tink tmr have to start to pack, then can slowly put wats missing out bah. 2nd time mom seems to slack abit. Told hb nw im feelin abit anxious cos its getting nearer, have been relaxing thru out, enjoying being fat n lazy. Hahaha

GG Lee, so good, I'm 35wks now and bb only 2.3kg. I know big bb easier to handle but no choice leh. For the safety of the bb and me I have to keep bb small. Told hubby tat hope bb hav big appetite when born so tat can pump up his weight after birth instead of now.

Natbaby, me too. Keep falling sick so nvr put on much weight. But Last mth was really scary to put on 3kg. Tis mth I nvr fall sick and appetite as per normal but put on 1kg. Hehee... Don put on too much weight is good. Can go back to pre-preggy weight very fast after delivery.

Don knw why I hav strong confident that I can lost all my 30kg (20kg tis round plus 10kg from 1st preggy) after this delivery. So far I only put on 15kg as compare to last pregnancy of 30kg. Hubby saw a lady wearing a very nice cheong sam 2 days ago. He told me he will buy one for me next yr and tats my target. Praying hard I can wear the nice cheong sam next CNY.

Teoong,
Long story.. Cos mine was twins n i lost 1.. Then had spotting.. Then cos of #1 preggy time alot of up n downs.. So doc play safe say dun wana wait til 40wks lor.. As long as bb is healthy can liao. My bbs all small size, def wont hit 3kg.. I dun mind la, but my mom always hope my bb can be BIGGeR. Hahahaa.

I eat alot of red meat. Almost everyday will eat beef etc.. N drink sugary drinks aso. Will stuff myself more since another 2wks max.

Natbaby, I see. no wonder but no worries on small babies. It will be a easier birth for smaller baby. You can always pump your baby up once bb is out. Stay positive! I'm more scare cos my bb is big, now super scare of delivering naturally for big bb and tearing la. Crossing my fingers and controlling my sugar super hard.

Oops, sure you can have a vbac for your #2. Jia you jia you!
happy.gif

I alrdy standby my hospital bag ever since dr said i cld deliver early cos bb head engaged very low in week 34.

Doc's letter of admission
Toothpaste & toothbrush
Socks to keep feet warm.
Maternity sanitary pads
Slippers
Make-up
Underwear (disposable or old undies which u can discard after use)
Nursing bras & nursing pads
Going home outfit
Baby blanket
Outfit for going home
Mittens & booties (bb can wear during hospital to keep warm
& prevent scratching of face)
Newborn diapers (jus standby only, hospital will usually provide)
Camera & charger
Jacket for hubby

Did i miss out anything?

Mummies and Daddies, I am sooo pissed!!!!! Just received an email from my boss informing me she rejected my Maternity leave request to take 102days and last 10 days to be taken 1 day per week over 10 weeks!! Reason she gave was totally ridiculous- She said I am a full time staff and she wants me to work 5 full working days including coverage for that senior colleague who told her she wants to take leave after I come back from work!!! Can anyone tell me if bosses can anyhow reject maternity leave request like that? I do not see that as a valid reason at all,how am I to cope going back to work with OT, overwhelming work and a newborn at home? So sad reading her email, really crying now... So unfair!

Chewie, I cannot aim on the test strip at gynae clinic too, was wondering how others manage to see and do it...haha...

Jen, thanks, will ask for a cup now...

Ng, Maxiblur - jia you....

Hazel, bb will be ok, 36 weeks plus is safe already... U rest more and pump milk for little princess...

Re shaving, my hubby trimmed for me, so hope that nurse no need to shave too much...

Seeing gynae this sat, eager to know the bb weight.

Rocco, I stopped cold drinks for months except for fresh milk. Only started drinking coke last week cos I figured now bb bigger and organs developed already, so should be ok...
happy.gif

Back