(2012/02) Feb 2012

My view is premature bbs better go to a pD. coz PDs are more experienced on checking if bb's growth n development r on track. Coz they not going just do jabs but will check bb at same time. This kind of money cannot save n to us are necessary as bbs are miracles n v precious.

Congrats maxiblue!!
Hi all
I'm using Medela mini, notice everytime pump my nipple very pain, not sure using right size of breastshielf or not. How to judge is right size? Bigger a bit then nipple right?

My no 1 goes GP for jabs or when sick as I dun trust polyclinics or GPs for treating bbs or young tods. A good PD knows how to handle bbs v well. My boy has never cried for any jabs as the pd was able to do it very quickly, distract him and v comforting etc. And they check their development milestones etc. But I do have frens who go polyclinic for jabs as they are really much cheaper. If just for jabs I think is ok if the wait at poly is not too long but I dun like the idea of many sick adults at polyclinic.

My #1 goes to polyclinic for jabs and the waiting time is very short. Almost according to appt time. Its at level 2 so away from the sick adults. I will also leave the place asap immediately after the jabs and check ups.

We went to PD when my #1 is an infant and sick. Then change to GP when 8mths old when he sick cos nearer to my hse and the waiting time for PD is super long.

Congrats maxiblur!
Me too, usually i send my #1 to PD for checks and jabs, until 18mths then I will switch to GP. I also dont like the idea of going to GP clinic or polyclinic where there are lots of virus from the adults as the bb immune systems is not build up yet. Just my 2cents thoughts.
happy.gif

Hi all,

I haven't been a regular contributor to this forum but have been reading up your updates frequently. I have given birth to my gal on the 1st day of CNY, Monday though my due date was 03 Feb. So, I'm doing my confinement at home now. Wasn't able to bf fully but both hubby and I r happy to just bf as much as I can then supplement with fm. Not so stressful that way too. My birth story as follows:

5am. Water bag leak, sent my gal to in-laws' place
6am. Reach Mt Alvernia hospital
7am. Finished with registration, waiting in the labour ward
8am. Intense labour pain started, start using laughing gas
840am. Doc came to break water bag
Before 9am. Gal was born

Am really glad that it was a short affair. For mummies who hasn't popped, jiayou and you will see your little one very soon! Oh, also enjoy the time and freedom u have now!

Ayanna, so envy tat u hav a short and fast delivery. Congrats. Did you get any gifts from hospital?? R u the 1st drangon bb. Hehee... Yup, I'm enjoying my freedom and bonding with my #1 as much as I can now.
happy.gif

Congrats to Ayanna too!!! Seems like delivering #2 is much faster compared to delivering #1. Hopefully mine could be smooth and short too!!

Oh Ayanna, so u din epi at all?

Congrats Ayanna! Take care n rest well too!
Your's is really a fast and smooth delivery. Kudos to you, didnt take epi!
happy.gif

Al: hard to say, that's what we thought, coz standard could fit, then Mrs wong told us to get the L size one instead.. I mean she probably seen more boobs than all of us combined.

Morning everyone-back to work. So sian... boss playing hide n seek wif me. She went on leave for 2 weeks and the whole HR dept is on leavre till next week, by the time boss comes back-I'm on my annual leave already.Pissed!

Maxiblur family, congrats! Your little prince is of a good weight!

Regarding PD- think I will go to my co. GP cause that's the only way my baby medical cost will be covered by co., don't want to waste the benefit. Can save the money for milk and diapers.
happy.gif

Ayanna-congrats! I plan to go Mount A as well for delivery, can I ask how was the carpark situation at Mount A? Gynae told me the carpark at Mount A now very limited due to reno and there's high possibility he will be caught in traffic due to lack of car space if I deliver on weekdays. scared that he cannot make it in time for my delivery? Are you in single room,is it noisy due to reno? can share your bill size for estimation? many thanks!

Hi Jen, I went to Mt A 2-3 weeks ago to visit a friend. The room was not noisy at all, just that the walk to the lift lobby was bordered up cos under renovation.

There is free valet parking at Mt A, so no worries about parking for visitors. Not sure about doctors... maybe he drive sports car and don't bear to let valet park? :p

Anyone hav the link to the list of the mummies and details here? I jus changed my company PC and all my favorites are gone.
sad.gif

Xia: my boy had fever also more than 1 week after his 2nd MMRV. Before that his injection site also swell up, like big mosquito bite. Is ok ah after a while get better already. He's also more cranky ah sian... Now I can't handle him cuz he'll squirm around and sometimes fly kicks at my tummy.

My boy initially went to Polyclinic but we're not happy with the nurses cuz they were v rough! Then brought him to a GP near my house cuz was my hubby's family doc and has good reputation for handling bb's. Actually if bb is on total bf, first 6 months won't usually fall sick one. After 6months when he
started to fall sick we brought him to see PD at Thomson
pediatric centre, much more ex but I think standard not that
much better also, so in the end stick to my family GP.

Ayanna: congrats! Wah ur labour was fast! I'm hoping for a fast labour too but then v scared not in time for epi. My pain threshold super super low one.

NC, 2nd MMR also will hav fever ah. OMG!! So far u r the only one I heard having fever. So worried now. How to handle my #1, confinement and bb if #1 really hav fever after the jab......

Opps: doc said might or might not ah... I tot mine escaped liao then it came. But could be due to the cny visits also, lots of ppl got sick in the family maybe he caught some bugs. Hard to tell also so you just pray for the best, maybe won't Kenna one! Really heng suay I think.

Chewie, Thanx! That was a relief- can tell gynae, leave car with FOC valet. hehehe.

So happy, just completed all questionaire wif SCBB nurse. looking forward to doing the 1st good deed for baby.
happy.gif

Seems like everyone has different thoughts of post delivery medical care for baby. For us, we will be going to our family GP for the last 25 years. Coz the nurses and doctor at SGG say go to polyclonic for jabs but I guess comfort level is impt for each person.

Congratulations Maxiblue and Ayanna! Must be such a joy to finally hold ur bb in ur arms
happy.gif

Xia - 8 hrs still quite ok esp since its ur first child. I am just hoping my labour won't be more than 10 hrs, hee. U were allowed to go bk home after being induced, i thought need to stay in hospital straight? Yup i m also delivering in TMC
happy.gif

PDs
Mummies do u have any PDs tt u recommend? I will be delivering in TMC, do i ve to choose a PD from TMC or do u usually take whats allocated to you?

haiz feel abit emo nw. think my husband is nt paying enough attn to me
sad.gif
. m also worried abt how our lives will change when bb is born.

Ayanna - grats!!! Waaaa first day of cny! Prob got bigger ang bao! Heh. Nice and fast delivery! Speedy recovery ya! =)

Soul - oh still v small. I saw a pic of my hb's boss's premmie b4 onli the size of the daddy's palm. He spent like $50k. Omg scary!

Happytomato - ya can go home leh. She told me to return abt 5 hrs after onli. Or like if got show or contractions 5 mins apart or water bag burst den go bac. But nothing lor. So meanwhile I kip on eating cos I scared hungry when in labor! LOL. Even when she say can admit to hook up to drip to spd up the process, I asked if could go eat first. Den went to delifrance to slowly enjoy a tuna egg mayo croissant first. LOL! Tats y onli admit at 4pm. =x btw my pd is recommended by my gynae and after I realized he is actually quite gd and super frenly so decide to stay with him. Downside is really v long wait just to see him. But his words v assuring and he's not the old foggy kind =p so just stick to him till now. His clinic is called aglow at united square. Dr Ong WH. U see if ur gynae recommends u any?

MMR - sucks! Mine injection site neva swell. Just fever and kip wake up at nite. I tot mine caught fever cos of the weather and all the bak kwa plus new yr goodies! cranky to the max! Wat a tiring cny. Hope the fever go away soon!!! Grrr! PD says abt 5% will get fever onli... Was like... So suay... Hope the 2nd jab dun get again. If not will b 5% of the 5%... Ultimate suay! =.="

Haha Xia-you are so funny! No lah-not ulimate suay but super "lucky" the wrong way.

Rocco-Hb not paying attention to you, then BB keep you company instead? Can talk to your baby and get him to entertain you with some tummy movement.
happy.gif
Definitely less romance, less movies, less dinner out liao.

Oops - hope our #1 dun give prob during confinement after the jab! *fingers crossed*

Al - i used 24mm initially den after awhile tink the more u pump the bigger the nipple will enlarge. So in the end I switched to 27mm. much more comfy. When u pump and the nipple rubs against the sides of the funnel causing friction and pain den it's time to change another size. If nipple moves freely in funnel when pumping should b ok. Medela mini got spd levels ma? Try reduce the spd cos mebbe nipple not used to it yet? How's pumping? Got milk le ma? Jia you wo! We'll b here cheering u on! =)

Xia, u not suay lah. So far I heard abt 90% of my friends will get fever leh. Even from our conversation here can see rite. Only mine don hav fever. Everyone including the nurse told me MMR is the big one where most will get fever. Some will even get fake measles. 100% will get cranky etc. Really hope MMR 2 won't be tat serious.

Jus to share, when my #1 took his MMR 1, I jus discharged from KKH the day b4. I'm suppose to cook barley for him the nite b4 but cos of the admission and discharge from KKH, I totally forgotten. I remembered when I wake up at nite to pee. So I wake up early in the morning to cook barley and feed my #1 jus b4 the jab and also after the jab. In total he drank 1 cup. Maybe tats y he got no fever bah.

Rocco, its like tat one. When bb born there will be more changes. Eg for my case, can see hubby love #1 more than me and #2.

Rocco - I felt the same when I was having #1 cos hb whole day work den no time for me. ESP when nid to work overnight. Plus I finished all the drama serials available. Was worried would go into depression. At one point almost went bac to smoking. But must tahan ya! Tis phase will pass. U r not alone. It's the hormones. Just awhile more. Find some activities to kip u occupied? Hang on ya!!! Dun worry unduly abt wat's going to happen. It's still some distance away. With family life defintely things would b different BUT in a gd way of cos! Tink of ur little sweetie smiling at u and doing all the nottie things which u dunno whether to laugh or cry at. Jia yous! =)

Thanks to all for well wishes and congratulations
happy.gif

Opps: Haha, only a hamper sponsored by mamil, no prize for guessing what's included :p baby born in early morning, in the hour of the dragon.

Mich: Nope, did not take epi. Somehow, I felt this was more painful than my first child at point of delivery...

Jen: abt parking, we went in on lunar new year, so my experience is definitely not a good reference point for you. My husband can choose where he wants to park without any problems.... Cos the place was pretty quiet. Note that there is no valet on PH. We discharged on wed morning and I must say that vehicular flow was still ok that morning. Valet will take a while but I suspect the issue during peak wld be getting into the car park in the first place. Others may have to come in and advise on their experiences... I stay in a 2 bedded, once inside, you do not know there's renovation. No noise and no dust but then again, it was PH. Wld only know bill one mth later as we did express checkout but it shd be close to estimates for the main hospital bill i.e. Ard 1.4k (2bedder no epi normal delivery). Excludes gynae, pd and baby charges.

happy.gif

Jen, oh ya dunno how many jabs in total. I just noe got alot!!! But if I not wrong every mth from nb got jab to take until 6mths den break for 6 mths den got jabs again. So far mine 12-16 mths already took 2 jabs and 1 more coming up @18 mths. They'll give u a health booklet after u deliver and the required jabs should b printed in it.

Oops - oooooo ok shall try tat for 2nd mmr! Hope it works!!! Heh

Thanks Xia! Today pump got 20ml ready... Bb want milk bottle don't want to suck, hv to ask hb help. I think my pump is 24 standard size, hv level adjust, I always use medium cos painful, use too low very slow. Now my bb drink formula 70ml but my milk so little can't supply his demand.

Thanks Xia! Today pump got 20ml ready... Bb want milk bottle don't want to suck, hv to ask hb help. I think my pump is 24 standard size, hv level adjust, I always use medium cos painful, use too low very slow. Now my bb drink formula 70ml but my milk so little can't supply his demand.

Ayanna, Didn't expect Mount A soo stingy to offer only sponsored hamper. Guess TMC is really generous with the angbaos.

AL, jaiyou! 20mls may not be a lot but I'm sure milk flow will increase. 70mls for a newborn is considered standard?

Xia-every month 1 jab till 6 months a;ready 6, then 3more from 12 months onwards. 9jabs already-oh so heartpain to imagine my baby crying once a month-no wonder babies cry when they see nurses or doctors in uniforms.

Hi,
I'm a Mar mummy but going for delivery in Feb, popped by to congrat those mummies that already delivered.

Congrats and enjoy motherhood!
happy.gif

Haha Happytomato! Go eat!!! Must enjoy as much as u can b4 confinement! U make me feel like eating it too! 1 whole month cannot eat cold stuff. The tot of it makes me so sad... ESP no coke!!! I tink I will die!!! Dunno how I survived the last time round. Hmmmmm.....

Al - Mebbe sensitive still? Try hand express a little and spread over the whole nipple and areola everytime after u pump. If got nipple cream apply diligently! Will help. Slowly take ur time. My first 2 wks last time tink still supplementing with fm. Got 20ml is v gd start! More will come soon in a few more days! Gd job ya!!! =)

Jen - ya!!! So ke lian!!! Still got 2 more jab when they just delivered in the nursery the time. Tink bcg and something else. But Bo Bian for their own gd. So far my bb still ok with going bac to see pd. cos sometimes not jab. Sometimes is just sick go take med. she enjoy the environment at the clinic. Dunno y. Always play till dun wan go home. Even after jabbing. LOL. Siao one! Oh but mebbe ur bb can take less jabs cos tink got 2 jabs I din combine. I forgot which jabs. Cos hb hep b carrier so after discussiin with pd decided better to take jabs separately.

for 2nd time mommies, any one feeding their child with enfa? i heard enfa babies are fatter? not sure if its true, so trying to gather feedback.

I did share a bottle of coke with hb after my delifrance! LOL. We had abit leftover so brought into the labor ward. The one with 3 beds in 1 rm where u get stuck on the bed hooked onto ctg one. After nurse left and while waiting for contractions I sneaked a few sips still. =p

Rocco, hmmm I used enfa and bb was quite chubby. Almost 10kg by 9 mths. Not sure if direct link cos my fren bb also took but not fat leh.

Rocco: I can't really say for sure cuz my son was mostly on breastmilk until 14mo, he was taking a variety of supplementary formula but I saw no diff between enfa and the rest regarding weight gain. But enfa boasts of higher dha content. Diff fm target diff group of bb's. Also need to see whether ur bb is picky when it comes to fm also cuz some favor certain fm over others.

Xia - so shiok! Wanted to satisfy my craving today but tmc delifrance is so crowded! Arghh gotta go elsewhere. Oh ya I went to do some research on pd so shortlisted dr ong eng know n ur pd dr ong woon hong. My gynae recommend dr ong wh coz he wk with him quite often so I m choosing him too! Thanks for ur recommendation
happy.gif

Just had my ctg n 39wk check up today. Bb weight estimated at 3.46 kg. Doc say schedule to induce by next sat on my edd coz scared bb too big! Nw worried tt if induce fail gotta go for emer c sect as it happened to 3 of my frens!

Dear mummies, how is everybody? I am missing in action for awhile. Doctor ordered me to bed rest so that i can have my "timing" for csection. Getting nervous. Counting down to 1.2.2012, which is like in a few days time.

Been experiencing lotsa white discharge. Any of you have that too?

Back