(2012/02) Feb 2012

Hi ladies, I'm really very emo now. Thanks Al for the CL contact. But hubby scare of old ladies liao. Can't engaged her. Heard the v good CL are all booked. Mine also all booked. Chiam liao loh. Going to do confinement on my own?? I'm very stress now. Cried 2 times in office liao.

Hi mummies, just wondering if anyone is already getting bigger or maternity bras? Mine is kinda small already. But don't know which to get and where is a good place to get :/

jascmy> don't cry don't cry...u still can look for confinement catering cost less then $2K (i think about $1.5k for daily meal 28day)
then hired a part time maid to help your housework ($10/hour only)

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt. Hi,

I have a brand new baby cot mattress Fibrelux to let go. Bought from Takashimaya at $159 but bought the wrong dimensions and could not fit in my baby cot. Material is made of coconut husks which is more airy as compared to foam or latex material.

Dimensions: 130cm (length) by 70cm (width) by 8.5cm (thickness)

Willing to let go at $139. Provides free delivery to your house.

6027506.jpg

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected]

Jascmy, aiyoh, go confinement agency lah. Small matter.. I also hv not booked. Planning to book after 5 mths scan end of sept.

Purelyz, oh London's nice too. At least it's a direct flight and biz trips are biz class! Nov dreary tho... Such short days but Xmas will be in the air! Love HK too. Prob shd get the compression stockings. Mine will only use 2x. Cost abt 54 after guardian 20% discount!!

Lsntyl, so exciting!! R u gonna stay in manhattan or jersey? Was having gyoza with hubby at lunch and reminded him how we went to search for guo tie and beef noodles when we were in NY! Must be bz packing now??

Jas, I think good or no good all subjective. The good ones also will subcon out if the dates clash. I see qt a lot of my friends manage to do without... But I'm first timer, so everything also do... Dun worry too much!! Cheer up
happy.gif

Cool, so everything more or less sorted out! I dunno where it is... But looks close to manhattan! I prob was near there before cos I went to la guardia airport.. Hehe

Haiz, will wait till next week cos I hav asked some of the good ones to recommend. If can't find I will go agent find. But will get those friends who go thru agent to recommend. Cos I hav a friend who got a lousy one from agent. She is lazy and bad tempered. I don wan that loh. Still need recommendation.

JASCMY> just found this agency
Confinement Care Services 陪月服务 -
Full Name Ms.Gladys Yip
Tel Number 81204604
Country Singapore
Address Block / House No. 335B
Street Smith Street
Building Name Chinatown Complex
Postal 052335

Description LOOKING FOR PROFESSIONAL AND EXPERIENCE CONFINEMENT NANNY?

Experienced, devoted, efficient confinement nanny from Singapore to provide you with utmost care.

Chinese Singaporean able to speak Chinese & dialects.
Quality confinement nanny at affordable market price.

Nanny was very friendly, honest, hardworking and equipped with years of valuable experience. Her cooking skill was really good,nice and nutrient for the maternal mother.

Nanny knows what her client needed. Ensures smooth confinement period experience all at your doorstep. The maternal mother will get as much rest as possible throughout her stay.

Offers guidance and help on all aspects of breast and bottle-feeding and on care and hygiene (including bathing, umbilical cleaning, burping and settling)

Booking of Nannies simply by Phone call.
Assures nanny arriving on time.

For more information,"please do direct contact:Ms.Gladys Yip 8120 4604". (Handphone No.)

Al: gyne say most likely boy during my 16wk scan...i heard something abt having boys will haf big red nose too...u mentioned abt red date drink?? Why?? Will make nose big and red too? I oni drink a cup twice a wk..

Thanks AL.

Lynn, don worry abt big red nose. My #1 is a boy, I don have big red nose and my skin complexion improved. Ppl say I become more pretty liao. Cos previously I'm hav an acne face.

Lemon, mus go get CL now. Cos those v gd ones are aldy booked. I think I will hav to go thru agency liao.

LYNN> not so sure...last time my #1 girl, my face looks very pretty le totally don't need make up. now huh! #2 boy my face many acne...and looks older...but so far no big nose.

Wow! the popping is baby kicking too? wow wow wow. =) it's more definitive then the dull thuds i sometimes feel at night! when will the baby start kicking harder and more frequent? can't wait to let my hubby feel it!

All Mummies> what fish oil are you gals taking? my doc prescribed me with dhaxtra but it's so expensive.. $58 a month.
sad.gif
i can't seem to find it in outside pharmacies. is there any other equivalent we can take?

jascmy> good luck and hope u find a good nanny soon. have u asked the dec mummies?

purelyz> remember to check with your airline too, for travel in third tri. some can be quite strict and ask for doctor's letter.

Bluecryst> I already changed bra since 2nd month! At first i tried using bra extensions, but i soon realise that all my wired bras were making me feel nauseous even though the bra is already not tight. Not sure why. So I bought some maternity bras, but the problem is that those cloth type without padding looks terrible when we wear t-shirts. So i had to really look for those padded but wireless bra. You can get them at Marks and Spencer, or OG. I guess most of the dept stores like Isetan or BHG would have too, but limited design and size. They're not very expensive too btw.

Amelia> Welcome! You can see our mummies details here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApMhws9jhemydGV4SEtaYzJwUnlXUmVlNFlmb2NXdFE&hl=en_US#gid=0 I've added you in too, u can fill in the rest of your details directly. =)

i tink whether we get pimples etc depends on our personal hormones. my face was quite good for my son but my friend's face had acne during the pregnancies for both her sons. both of us also didn't have any red noses.

planet>can check out uniqlo's wireless bras. padded and quite comfy. cost about $30+

my gynae prescribed me dhaxtra too but I switch to nordic naturals after I finished with it. I find no fishy aftertaste + easier to swallow cos the capsules are much smaller. although means must take 2 tabs. I got it from iherb. u can get it from a spree or direct to them as they ship to SG. If you've not shopped with them b4 and are first time customer, i can pass you a discount code to get $5 off.
happy.gif

http://www.iherb.com/Nordic-Naturals-Prenatal-DHA-90-Soft-Gels/22736?at=0

Pinkz, what's the base unit? I think I didnt get anything extra.

I only know that my maxi cosi can fix on my quinny...haha!
happy.gif

Kwxy, we need a base unit to fix in the car, to attach the car seat in the car. U can check out maxi cosi web, there are 2 type, think the family base unit shud be better. If not wrong, taka promo is ard 300+...

Kwxy, sorry sorry, tot we need base to fix car seat.. So happy tat dun hav to spend extra $$... ;)

Hazel, noted.. Thanks ;)

Thanks planet. How do i change my EDD date from 12Feb to 16FEb? my gynae moved a week later. so i suppose my name will appear lower at the back of the chart?

For me, i took pictures of my tummy fornightly. Heehee...so exciting to see it grow in size.

Tmrw is my gynae visit....hopefully doc will tell me gender, my hubby said why so gan chiong? later not accurate turn out opposite gender...sigh...

excited to see our lil beanie again!

windy, same here. my hubby forbid me to fly. even business travel also im supposed to go once a year but i told my boss that i prefer not to fly. luckily she understands.

My tummy size also grow very slowly...not very obvious, ppl say. i guess it's no. 1 ...which most ppl commented...not sure true or not ...or whether i should eat more ....tmrw ask gynae...

Hi sweetcorn, good luck! If cfm girl will be able to see 3 lines. If boy, see p. Doc wun confirm unless sure lah... If your doc experienced even better...

Planet, popping is like gas? I also get that sometimes.. Like stomach juice

Thanks for the advice n recommendation Planet, will go check them out soon. The current ones could get unsightly coz they will tend to slide slightly down sometimes :p

Chewie, thanks for the link! I think I will get it, cos the design I saw was close to Fisherprice which cost >100 in SG.

Pinkz, Yes, of course! Going to the Castel Romano outlet on Friday,had a lot of walking ard Rome but the feeling is fantastic when in the holy grounds of the chapels.
happy.gif

Sweetcorn- Nope, not eating any of the cheese cause BB don't like.
happy.gif
I get nausea feeling each time I go near these few days.

Lush, Don't worry, you will enjoy yourself, just take care of yourself on flight-drink lots of water for hydration and get a pair of compression stockings to prevent DVT. Try to do some leg rotation or stretching during trip too.

Jas-think HK 4hrs+ is okay without stockings, just hydration and motion leg exercise should be fine.

purelyz- I'm flying again early Oct to Jakarta and flying again on 27th week in Nov to Bangkok for work too. My MIL says nasty stuufs also, but work is work, can't avoid. I travel by SQ, the airline allows travel till 32weeks, so as long as Dr. Tham allows, I just go ahead when I can now. I love to travel, so can imagine how deprived I will be after delivery.

LsnTYL-you are relocating? Gee, must take good care of yourself there. R you going there before delivery or after?

Hazel, thanks for the link.. Will check tat out..

Kwxy, saw YouTube on senzz, but didn't check out the fixing of car seat in car, tats y tot need base ;p

Jen, enjoyyyyyyy ;)

Jen, thanks. Usually I don dare to drink water in the plane. Jus like my previous trip to taiwan, only drink 1/4 bottle of water. Cos I don like to go toilet on the plane. Remembered once, I wet my pants cos the plane was shaking a lot and announcement made asking us to go back to our seat while I'm half way doing my small business. So embarrassing. I'm a toilet queen now. Go toilet every hr in office. Somemore I'm bring my #1 for the trip too. Hope I can handle him and he be a good boy on the plane.

Mummies, just did my amnio. Process is not as bad as imagined. No anaesthesia, and is v fast. They also did a scan after dat to show all the parts etc. Sonographer this round quite good. Saw she is the head.

Sweetcorn> I shifted your position in the chart. We have same EDD now! Mine changed from 17th to 16th at oscar scan. My tummy also v small. Also #1. So i guess we are normal first time mummies.
happy.gif
have fun at your scan tomorrow!

Chewie> Ya it feels like it could be gas. but it's below the navel.. and our stomach is above.. so it can't be. At first i thot its amniotic fluid from the water bag.. like got water bubble or something. heh. i'm glad it's the baby.
happy.gif

GG> Glad your amnio went ok. Remember to rest as much as u can and avoid walking for awhile. When will you get the results?

Kwxy, did u sleep in aircon? Good to wear long pants and also make sure eat calcium. It works for my 1st pregnancy.

kwxy> *comfortz* drink more water.. and do stretching before u go to bed. i heard leg cramps gets worse and more frequent in third trimester. so if u are prone to cramps better start the habit of stretching before u sleep.

the cramps hit me hard in the morning when hubby not at home...i think i better take more calcium...and try not to slp in the aircon...
sad.gif

chewie, biz trip no biz class for my co. I've travel quite freq for my last preg but not for a 13hrs flight. Dunno can handle a not, the 7hrs to Jap is a "torture".

planet, my doc say i can travel till Jan. But will tell my boss, only till Dec. Haha.

Jen, i miss my boys when i travel but it's a gd time to sleep in peace without the crying bb... The most extreme case is I start to travel when my 2nd boy jus turn 2mths. I noe my in law not happy, but it's a company reward trip to Hawaii. How can i miss?! *bad mummy*

Hi mummies,

Letting go of the following:
1) Avent pre sterilised cups with lid 180ml x 10 at $25
2) Avent pre sterilised refill cups 240ml x 5 at $10
3) Lamaze spin & explore garden gym for tummy time at $30

Condition: 9/10.

Kindly PM me if keen.

Thank you!!

I'm starting to get pins n needles quite frequently. Have to walk around for better circulation..

Purelyz, oh dear.. I wonder how often airline will upgrade econ to biz for preggers? Esp since u r quite a freq flyer ma

I have a big event at work.. and I'm walking around the whole place, working non stop....Scolding and shouting at ppl.. No time for lunch sometimes.. Will it affect the baby? Scared.. Haiz..Hope baby is ok..
sad.gif

Hi...
I'm interested in buying preloved babyplus... I'm 16 weeks now... Hope i get to use it when i'm 18 weeks... Please sms me if u do hv one... 91178794... Tq

Regards,
Kamisah

Back