(2012/01) Jan 2012

hi mummies, I did my detailed scan yesterday. Everything is normal and baby is developing well (hurray!). bb heartbeat is 150bpm. I will be having a girl!
happy.gif

But gynae detected high glucose in my blood. So a mth later have to do the glucose test..
sad.gif
for now I have to avoid starch (but I so crave for rice, noodles and potatoes... sigh) and sweets. I can only eat not-so-sweet fruit like guava. Arghhh... it's difficult to abstain from sweet drinks esp in S'pore's hot weather...

Anyone else did the detailed scan already? Me and Carpe Diam should be the 1st few since our EDD is in the 1st week of Jan...
happy.gif

Hi Jenny, I tried the email address u gave me. I can't find you in facebook leh... But you can add me. My email is: [email protected] (Jean Tan).

I did my detailed scan last wed. Its a boy. So far, nothing worrying. sugar level stil ok. Weight gain for me... i've gained 6kg thus far. crossed the 60kg mark. wah... very soon, i'll be heavier than HB!

Week 20 scan says it's a boy.
Haha... My gynae is very sure.
Baby's legs were wide open!

Detailed scan will be on Sep 3, at Week 22.

x)ttcx:
u said u went for w16 scan and doc could not see at that time, was it becoz bb closed leg or doc juz cannt "see" anything partial also?

i also heard abt the bb being shy is a ger but for your case, its not true leh...

Does anyone has any remedy for pregnancy rash?

I have very bad rashes on my tummy. They itch so much that I can't stop myself from scratching and my skin is slighly peeled now..

Adeline
you can try pinetarsol for bathing. Can be bought from Guardian. and apply aloe vera after bath to soothe. Your gynae might also be able to prescribe an antihistamine, to help you tide through the rough days. But basically there is no cure until after baby comes out. So just have to hang in there and tahan...
sad.gif

Hi Mommies,

Did my normal 17th wk scan this morning.. Bb is cute waving arms in the air like boxing! Doc says 90% girl n even wrote on booklet it's girl! So likely a xiao long niu! He said can do detailed scan for me at wk 21. Anyone's gynae doing for them?

Vone - I'm little disappointed. Was hoping to have a boy this time for my hubby.. He n mil r ok w gal.. Aiyah it's me old traditional thinking..

jkids,
At Week 16, baby was in cradle position. So cannot see at all.

Week 20, baby open hands and legs wide wide like teddy bear. Haha... like all ready for us to observe him.

I just went for my scan last sat. Am going into 18wks now and my gynae say 90% is a boy cos he sees something sticking out but still gotta go for my detailed scan in 1 wk's time to confirm.

Sigh.. HB n MIL are hoping for a gal and I thought I will be expecting a gal as I hear so many people say if crave for sweets and meat stuff is boy while craving for sour and veg is gal. I've preferred eating the sour and veg stuff so did not expect to be a boy.

Now I am confused as to how is this detailed scan different from the previous scan done at week 12-15? Its also the same 3D scan right?

adeline
you're welcome! The name of the antihistamine is piriton. I was recently prescribed it by my GP for runny nose. It's def safe to take. I had this PUPPP in the last week of my #1 pregnancy, and I already wanted to scratch my belly out. You have my sincere sympathy, for getting it so early on in pregnancy. Hang in there, it will be over eventually...

Thanks mummies for the input on the brands of fish oil u are taking.
I hope my gynae will give me some fish oil later as Im more comfortable taking them, having done so for #1.

Seeing gynae later n hope to see gender today! Im dying to do some finger shopping!

Hi there mommies!

havent checked in here for some time le..hope everyone is doing well!
happy.gif

i'm into my Week 19 and the last scan confirmed that it's a boy!

I was just wondering if any of you has this ailment:- my right palm seems like it's swelled up abit and the joints between my fingers are kinda painful... is it normal? it's worrying me cos it suddenly happened like the day before... when i put my arms down, it's like blood rushing to my palms and there's a pressure kind of feeling that sometimes cause numbness...

And backache is terrible! Gosh! I'm an achy mommy!! sob sob...Appreciate if any of u who has experienced this can share with me what is this and what can be done to relieve it? Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

hkbaby,

Hubby was really disappointed when ours turn out to be a boy. Can see from the look of his face when the gynae told him its a boy >_< What to do.. not able to buy and wear pink pink stuffs for us

Vone - U have 1 gal 1 boy, right? Tis third one confirmed a boy? Sigh! Life's like tt u can't always get what u want. Told myself at least my gal has a Mei Mei to play same things w her. Think she will b most happy! Many things can recycle too, esp clothes. Now boys also can wear pink, right? In fact, some looks gd in pink shirts!

So those lists on gender really for fun.. Even the month calculation.. I dun like fruits n eat little veg, ok w meat, conceive on even mths end up a girl! Only heatbeart is correct! But it's fun to play the guessing game n waiting for the results!

hkbaby , this pregnancy i'm vomiting like mad. I only take sweet stuffs and lots of fruits + vegs. lol turn out to be a boy too. *faint* Not that bad if u view it my 2 boys are very close to each other just that we're hoping for something different this time round.

Adeline, i had rashes last month too. Really bad one. Gynea prescribe this cream for me. But that itself, can only be applied sparingly. Totally agree that calamine don't work and it leaves dried powderish stains on the skin.

The other remedy i did (and eczema suffers do that too) is applying frangrance-free lotion that are suitable for sensitive skin over the rashes. its safe for pregnancy. I think a few mummies here have their favourite brands. Popular brands include: Cetaphil, DermaVeen, SebaMed, QV, Physiogel. Can buy OTC from Guardian/Watson/Unity etc.

Rub generous amount of the lotion onto the rashes, rub until it is absorb into the skin. And it should relieve you of the itch. If itch again, apply more. That's what I did everytime after i showered. And after three weeks, the rash is almost gone. and i didn't have to rely on medication.

Vanessa, the swelling of hands/ankles/feet are normal right? Because of the additional blood flow and fluid retention in our bodies during pregnancies?

I find that at the end of the day, my fingers &amp; ankles swell up a lot. And my fingers gets really tight when i try to clench my fingers. gynea say normal leh...

Hi this week is my 18th week and gynae also 70 % gal, haiz y they can't confirm 100% ?? hehe my gynae see from the backside view n mostly can't see anything sticking out however sometimes see something which she thinks is the cord... But she can't confirm... I have a boy n gal n my children been calling this Bb Mei Mei...hope they are rite.

meeiee
I heard that their soup is saltish and someone even complaint tat its being deliver bad lei...cos hang too long outside the door already....you may wan to try their trial period first
happy.gif

jingles,

oh really? my nanny is ordering from them and she told me not bad, yea agree that shall try out their trial 1st before deciding.

2 years ago, i used to order tingkat from a cheaper caterer, yes, they tends to deliver food quite early, can be 10am+ for lunch and 3pm+ for dinner one, so the heat up of food is a must.

Hi mummies,
Long time haven had time to drop by! I just found out I'm having a baby girl, my wish has finally come true, so happy! Praying that my princess will be a happy and healthy little girl!

Morning mummies! I went for my 17 weeks scan last friday and baby was so cute! Give us the backside with the legs wide open haha super cooperative. Something very obvious protruding out so gynae 99% confirmed it's a boy
happy.gif
Can't wait for the detailed scan to make it 100% confirmed! Hehe.

Anyway have something to ask of your opinion. I've got a friend who just gave birth last night and i am thinking of visiting her later. However my mummy being the old-fashion kind says that i should not go as i am pregnant and may clash?? Lol! But i thought should be fine!! What do you girls think?

alice:
its a xi shi...so personally, i think its all right though i do hear of the old wife tales b4... unless your friend mind?

My mil wasn't happy when preg ladies came to visit me when I had bb. Told my friend sorry just dun touch the bb. Younger generation r fine. If u see elderly around, try not to touch the bb, just look at the bb shld b fine.

showwhite:
haha, at least u already have a boy and ger so should not feel very pressurized rite? i have 2 gers and when gynae told me its 70% ger, he sounded very disappointed. makes me feel as if i have lost a battle. :p

tulip7v: thanks for the reassurance
happy.gif

jkids: yah i also thought it's a happy thing so should be okay right? just checked with my friend and she says she is more than happy to see me =D
hkbaby: yah elderlys are more superstitious but they mean well i guess! anyhow i managed to convince my mum and she is fine but just prefers me not to go haha!

Alicia,
I would think visit your friend but don't carry newborn? Paisay, cos I very conscious of this as in my previous pregnancy, I lost my baby coincidentally after going to visit &amp; carry a newborn in the hospital.

birdbrain: oh dear i'm so sorry to hear that!
sad.gif
I was thinking if i am still in the 1st tri i wont go..but now that i am in the 2nd tri i suppose it should be ok. Thanks for the advise..i will just pat pat the baby and wont carry
happy.gif

I went to visit my cousin in hospital one month prior to the birth of my #1 and also in the 1st trimester of my #2 (this pregnancy). I'm not that pantang lah. =P

Hi Ladies, I need mums to be for a short 15 mins survey in our office at Beach Centre, near Raffles Hotel by this week. You must not reject or be user of Abbott milk formula, e.g. Similac or Gain IQ for your newborn. Token : $30 NTUC voucher. Interested, kindly sms me your Name, Age and weeks of pregnancy, preference date and time to 97640028. Thanks. Sally

CT you do 3d? How much is the 3d scan?
How many wks are u? How come they like to keep us in suspense of 70% ger? Hehe...

Anyway, doc stop my thyroid medication yippee...

Good morning ladies,

I went for my 17th weeks checkup yesterday. And I am having a girl. It took gynae a while to scan cos baby is in sitting position.

Although a bit disappointing but if baby is healthy I am ok with it as quite stress also as long as baby still staying inside our stomach. Dun know whether she is doing fine or not. Sigh....

Back