(2012/01) Jan 2012

Hmm i know for play mat can try Great World City. Oe mothercare (they carry the brand Dwinguler, mat is similar type)

For play yard i think abit hard unless u want to come my hse and look see n touch haha

dancingqueen
do you stay in punggol?
i think there is one stall in punggol plaza, they sell play mats and you can test and see before buying...

hey mommies, anyone bb's schedule for 9 months routine check up hur?

I don't remember have this... The last jab for my bb supposed to be after his 1 year old birthday...
Anyone of u planning f your child one year old celebration?

brink/jkids/enitsuj
lol
just had a short chat with Jac yesterday...apparantly i think the 9 months assessment is for babes with polyclinics..think those who went to KK or PDs de dun have this 9mth assessment thing.

on 1 month celebration
yes, actually we wanted a grand celebration when she was 1 year old cos 1 month old she didnt have a grand one either. But after thinking about the coordination and all, I think better not la :p
In the end we had booked RWS to celebrate her birthday as well as usher in the new year lo....just with the immediate family. Like this more relax

Jac
my baby now drinking about 600ml a day, 3 meals. Oz of porridge i duno lei..about 1.5 ladles for each meal?

Jac,

My baby is eating abt the same as brink's, 1.5 ladles of porridge, lunch and dinner. Breakfast will be some fruit puree/cheese/yoghurt. Still breastfeeding n he has abt 5 feeds. Dunno how much milk he is drinking also..haha.

Brink, i checked with my fren too. His girl is seeing a PD. our vaccination schedule are diff too. So u are prob right abt the poly and PD difference.

Have been thinking abt 1yo celebration too. But hubby's side of family abit complicated so he say just celebrate with my side of family enough...so bizarre. Probably celebrate at a relative's condo function room. Can't wait to bake a cake for him though!!

HiHi, my bb is seeing SBCC in Mt A and have signed on the OCBC package for vaccination with them. Seeing the PD when bb is 9m at month end, baby would be due for 9m Pneumoccoccus vaccination and check up. Are all mummies sending their babies for the 12m MMRV vaccination? I've been hearing some feedback about it and would like to check if everyone is sending their baby for that...

as for meals, my girl is having 6-8 feeds per day including:
-FM of 150ml for 4-5 feeds (1/2am, 6/7am, 7pm, 9.30pm). sometimes wakes in middle of night for extra feed. mostly finishes the 150ml.
-Porridge at 12pm (about 100ml)
-Porridge at 5pm (about 80-100ml)
if not given porridge, puree of 2 icecube size and milk about 1 hr later.

Have tried these porridge:
- sweet potato poridge
- carrot + ikanbilis powder
- fish + ikanbilis powder (anyone knows the english name for the fish - goh herr?)
- pumpkin porridge
- going to try potato+carrot+leanmeat this weekend

Have tried these puree:
- sweet potato (orange & purple)
- apple
- pear
- pumpkin (best)

Have tried these cereal:
- White Rice (stopped after discovering got corn starch)
- Brown Rice (best)
- Rice with mixed fruit (stopped after 2 feeds cuz causing bb to have hard stools n difficulty pooing

Mummies can share here what you gave your bb..

dancing queen, do you stay in punggol? I have a Parklon at home and playard (thou havent display out). You can come see my playmat. I think i can let go of a few panels if you want preloved - I bought preloved.

hmm.. my boy (9+ mths) seems to be eating lesser than most his age?.. not sure if i shld be concerned.. he's still chubby (think got abv 85 percentile la), but less chubby liao..

- FM 150ml 4-5 times a day (2pm, 5pm, 8+pm, 2am & 5am or just at 3+/4am).
- Cerealac for breakfast at 8am (weekends we give FM for breakfast coz lazy to prepare food & tot it's better for him to drink more milk)
- Porridge (not much coz he doesn't like porridge. abt half bowl) for lunch at 11am
- Puree (2oz/60ml) + Rice Cereal (1 milk scoop) for dinner at 7pm

mine oso slimmed down since he started crawling and eats solid...it shd be normal...coz all my kids slim down fr 9 mths.. :p so long he is alert...it shd be fine..

Googlez82, I actually replied you shortly after i received your pm to tell you I've given away the Enfapro already. Sorry.

Jean, I don't at Punggol. I stay at Siglap area. So a bit far to drop by your place
happy.gif

My gal's feeding schedule:

Breakfast: Cereal (3 scoops), usually followed by 3-4oz EBM after an hour or so to let her sleep

Lunch: Porridge (usually threadfin+veg), about 3-4 tablespoons, about 3/4 of the adult rice bowl? U know those traditional blue with white ceramic bowl? Also followed by 3-4oz EBM for her to nap

Post-nap: 4-5oz FM to last her till dinner time.

Dinner: usually the same porridge.

Supper: 7oz EBM for her to go into lala land between 9-10pm.

Night snack: 7oz FM on demand.

And then it's a brand new day..............

I think my gal has tried almost everything, minus the obviously cannot ones like seafood..

Porridge with:
-sweet potato
-potato
-pumpkin
-corn
-carrot
-egg yolk

Fruits:
-All those listed in the Nestle Food Chart.

Now, she wants to snatch the food from our hands if we are carrying her while eating. She will reach for our plates if she's sitting at the table with us. She wannna grab our drinks! I think I've a small glutton..must be cos we keep eating in her presence. :/

dancing queen, I still dunno how to check PM..hahaha..thanks for replying!

Dear all, I've the following FM for exchange for Enfa Stage 2:

-Friso Stage 2 900g
Prod date: 18012012
Exp date: 18012014

-Similac Stage 2 400g
Prod date: 14012012
Exp date: 03012014

-Dumex Mamil Gold 400g
Prod date: NA
Exp date: 26042014

Lemme know if you r interested...

Jkids,

I gave him cheddar n grated parmesan. The cheddar i bought the mini baby bel cheese. He can finish half of it..but very messy for him to pick it up himself.

My baby's feeding schedule:

Last night feed : 6am
Breakfast @8.30am : 90g fruit pouch
10am : abt 100ml BM for nap
Lunch @ 1.30pm : 1.5 ladle (abt 2.5 avent container) porridge with veg puree & chicken
3pm : abt 100ml BM for nap
Dinner @ 6.30pm : same as lunch except sometimes is threadfin instead of chicken
8.30pm : BM for bedtime
1.30am : midnight feed

Googlez82, my kid does the same thing. Will cry if i walk away from store after buying food n dun offer some. Have to watch what I buy..wah lao.

Dancingqueen, i live in bedok north (near 85 market) if u want to check mine out. No obligations =)

Thinking of trying to cook porridge with beef. Anyone tried it yet? How you buy the beef from market?

thanks for sharing mummies.
thanks jac, got your list, variety so wide huh!

googlez82 already started on eggyolk. i haven't leh.. porridge with ey only not much taste right..

dancing queen, no prob. if u want haenim panels let me know.

anyone having their babies co-sleep with them? mine co-sleeps until 1am for milk, then I bring her back to her cot. but sometimes she keeps crying out for me so I might as well bring back to our bed and sleep - this way I actually get more sleep than going back and forth to her cot in the other room.. past 2 weeks co sleep with me, I actually feel more refreshed, hehe.. but she is getting taller so occupies more of the bed more and more when she turns in her sleep..

Enitsuj,
Maybe u wan to try the bottled version for the beef first, my boy tried the bottled type. He hated it... So wasted the whole bottle.
Re: one year old
Last time my elder we celebrate at nsrcc, for didi still have not decide where yet. Maybe my mil void deck:p
Got a chalet f my elder but ask daddy to loan out as nothing much to do and the next day he got performance on his birthday...
Re: food intake
When I saw bb w thunder thighs I do envy cause my first was so skinny and my second although heavier but still look thin... I wonder what parents feed the kid
happy.gif
but for now, I am happy cause my back hurts when carrying my younger already.

enitsuj:
wat brand did you buy? do u add in anything or jus direct feed?

i use the jar food bottle kind that contains beef mixed with vege oso. so far so gd.

i juz started bb with eggyolk too. i mixed in the porriage.

brink:
maybe their bb oso eat a lot of red meat?
happy.gif

jean:
got space to let b sleep between you both? mine sleep on the floor mattress while i zz on bed mattres but coz i am juz beside him, he's ok so long he see me ard. but at times when he cries in the middle of thenite, i will carry him for awhile, then put him to sleep again.

jkids,

7633464.jpg

the photo is the brand of cheddar cheese i give my son but I find it a little too slippery for him to handle. But it is still cheaper to buy cos individual packaging, won't spoil so easily like those in a block. Parmesan can be those you put in your pasta, not the powdered grated version that you find in your pizza hut box =P I don't want to give kraft cheese cos I think that is processed cheese though I don't think there is any problem to give lah. Both cheeses I give direct, never add anything else.

I have given my son the beef flavour glass jar food. He is happy to eat it, so that's why thought maybe I can put some beef to flavour his porridge. Last I remember when I was young, Borvil had a beef flavoured version? But I think that one too salty leh.

Jean, I tried co-sleeping cos I read that baby will sleep longer cos parent is nearby (which is very true), and easier for moms to breastfeed (i sleep through the feeds sometimes haha). But each time I wake up with back and neck ache..all the weird angle to accomodate my son plus I am a light sleeper..so back into the cot he goes.

jkids: our bed is platform bed so I have some board space beside the queen size mattress but a bit tough for this mummy to sleep on the board (though i put a thick mattress cover on the board), so i kind of squeeze in. hehe.. your bb needs to be carried to sleep now? when my bb cries I just try to pat her to sleep and hug to comfort her..

enitsuj: yes i agree. when bb wakes in her cot in the middle of the night, she has that bewildered look "where am I" and cries a pitiful cry.. won't sleep no matter how long i stand there at her cot. But if bring back to our bed, she sleeps in a minute!

by the way, eggyolk is cooked or not cooked when mixed in porridge?

recently tried to feed bb a yogurt snack Happy Melts, anyone tried this or real yogurt?

Jean,

I hard boil the egg before giving abt 1 tsp of yolk and try to make sure got no egg white on the yolk. MIL n my mom say give half boiled but means it's still raw! How to give?? Headache.

I tried the Nestle Yoghurt Melts and Fernleaf yoghurt. The real yoghurt had to really hunt for full cream milk yoghurt cos even the mini ones for kids were using skim milk. The Fernleaf mango flavour quite nice but the strawberry really sucks. Too bad they come together in a pack of 4. My son is happy to est both yoghurt melts n real yoghurt..just will give the face when eating sour food haha

wow..all of you very adventurous with bb food. So far i usually use pork, threadfin, broccoli, spinach, carrot, and potato. My boy doesn't like sweet potato porridge.

He will take 2 porridge meals per day, abt 3/4 of the pigeon orange bowl and 5-6 milk feeds of 150ml each.

re playmat: i bought my LG playmat from the BP, free delivery. The store at Punggol Plaza seems more ex leh..i find it useful. My boy toppled a few times from sitting position, didnt cry..

goolez82, you can check your pm at the email address that you registered with SMH
happy.gif

enitsuj, thanks for offering to show me. I'll let you know if I decide to get a play yard. Right nw the plan is likely just the mat. Btw, is the cheese that you offer your baby meant for babies? I'm keen to offer my son cheese later on but not sure what kind is suitable.

Jean, my baby sleeps in my rm but in his own cot. My queen-sized bed can't really accommodate 3 of us, esp when my hubby quite big size :p Even though he's in the same rm as us since 2nd mth, he 'll still cry occasionally when he wakes up, looking a bit insecure and yes, bewildered. These days he suddenly started crying half way in his sleep particularly in the day. Most times he won't stop till I carry him to pat him to sleep again.

My baby is a Mar baby. So he's currently 6-going-on-7 mth (I joined this thread bec Mar thread not active). I'm still feeding him cereal and first foods once a day before his second feed at 11am. Sometimes he's so messy it gives me headache. Honestly I'm nt looking forward to the day he has to eat porridge bec more troublesome since it involves meat and fish :D

Dancingqueen,

At first i thought the cheese was for babies, then i realised that it was just branding but i just give it to my son anyways. For me, as long as it is the harder cheese, not the one with a white layer (the mould), i will give. So cheddar, parmesan, mozzarella, swiss cheese is okay with me.

Dancingqueen,enitsuj ,
Last time I used to given elder boy Kraft cheese. But think I gave too much... Nowadays he does not like anything w cheese... :p
Now my younger one sleeping pattern all haywire... Will wake up at 11am, 3 am and 6 am for milk... Not enough sleep man..anyone experiencing this too? Does not help even when I gave more solid form porridge for dinner...
sad.gif
last time he drink at 12 am or 1 am can last till at least 5 am...
Jean,
My elder and younger boy plus me and hubby all in the same room. Younger one sleep between us as we are lazy to go to playpen to carry him when he cry... But recently wanted him to sleep in his playpen... Totally failed
sad.gif
and there is this old folks saying that kids who slept together w parents, either we absorb their ren qin or he absorb our ren qi which is not very good... But we cannot be bothered since already so tired waking up f night feed

Brink,

Yar i also thot give more solid form porridge will help him sleep thru the night. But no such luck. Sometimes he can drag frm 8.30pm last BM feed till 3am, most times 1.30am will wake up for feed liao. Which makes me think he is also doing out of habit. But if dun feed he will cry. Zzz think i will have headache when i try to wean him next year.

Are u still breastfeeding?

Brink, maybe it's also teething pains.. There's a lot of maybes at this point.. many things which make them fussy. I just bear in mind what a colleague said, "they wun cry for nothing. they must be uncomfortable too, just that we dunno." when I hear this I feel so sad..

Re: sleeping arrangement
I oso moved from bed to mattress. And my gal tosses and turns so much, she falls out of the mattress. so before I find a solution as to how to pad that tiny space left in between, I put myself as her padding, block her from rolling off. It's only 4 inch thick the mattress, but there was one night her head went "thud"..

Haha hmm then maybe growth spurt lor. That's what i tell myself when my son suddenly wakes up every 2 hrs for a period of time. If not will get super frustrated haha

enitsuj: haha, i know the sour face! my bb also has! re: eggyolk, o, so hardboiled yolk in porridge! ok, will try that. is that all? eggyolk porridge? don't sound delicious leh..

dancing queen: think your bb misses your smell and wants to feel your warmth before he can feel secure enough to sleep..

brink: absorb ren qi??????????? first time i hear, should i beware? but you are right, so tired and if bb can sleep well with us and adults feel comfortable, why not right? but then again, I also worry about next time, will bb sleep on her own? as she grows bigger, will she stick to us in our bed instead of her own?

re: milk in middle of night: mine sometimes wake few times in night, sometimes sleep thru night.. donno got habit or not.. or just play too much in the day? or eat not enough in the day? but like what you say, stuff them full of porridge also doesn't help.. hehe..

brink & enitsuj, did you ever try to ignore the cries? That's the first thing we do when our baby cries at unearthly hours bec we're too tired. We only wake up to pat him back to sleep if he cries non-stop for more than 5 min. Usually he will automatically stop and knock out again.

Jean, do babies still go for smell after their eyesight improves? I thought only very young babies depend on scents to identify certain people and to feel secure.

my boy co-sleeps with me & hb. the 3 of us squeeze on 2 single floor mattresses (using seahorse 3-folds) & use pillows to pad all ard. super uncomfortable coz mattress so thin & hard, but boh bian, for the safety of my boy. he rolls alot when sleeping (from 1 end to the other & even onto the floor), sometimes even can sit up/ get into crawling position then suddenly flip over & go back to sleep. sigh..

brink, ur boy may be going thro' teething pains / separation anxiety.. my boy's sleeping pattern always go haywire when he's teething (esp when he had his top front teeth), will wake up every 1-2hrs & cry for nothing (can't be hungry coz he juz had his feed like 1hr ago), then need to carry him & rock him to sleep, can last for 1+ wks or more, juz have to ren & get thro this period.. my grandma also said the same abt the "ren qi" thing, but boh chap la, as long we all (us & bb) get to have a good rest.. i find my boy sleeps better with us.. sometimes when he wakes up & struggles, he'll ownself go back to sleep when his legs/arms touches us & knows that we're ard..

personally, i dont think we need to worry abt bbs waking up at nite out of habit.. my boy's 9+mths now, nowadays he's waking up once a nite on most days - sleeps at 930-10pm, wakes up at 2am for nite feed (~100ml of FM & a change of diapers. actually i think the wet diapers might be the problem of his nite waking), & wakes up at 6-630am for the day. this is a huge huge improvement from day 1. he used to wake up every 1-2hrs from birth to 3mths (muz carry & rock then can go back to sleep), then 3-4hrs from 3-6mths (muz carry & rock then can go back to sleep), then wake up twice a nite till 8+mths (feed & go back sleep), then now once a nite (feed & go back sleep).. i guess some bbs juz need MORE time for their sleep cycle to mature.. from what i read, most bbs sleep cycle matures at ard 10mths.. to all sleep-deprived mummies (incl myself), jiayou ba!!! we're almost there liao..

Jean,
don't give the whole yolk leh! haha just a little bit will do. Hubby and I were paranoid so tried to take the yolk from the centre of the yolk. Don't have to be plain porridge, can mix with other food as well. My mom fed him yolk with cod fish porridge.

dancingqueen,
there's the whole CIO (crying it out)and attachment parenting thing. I cannot ignore the crying cos I am a light sleeper. because I am a SAHM, I can afford to pick him up if he cries. Usually when he wakes and cries, he is standing up in the cot already, so will have to pick him up to pat him back to sleep. Like your boy, pat for less than 5mins will knock up again. And worse part is he will only go back to sleep if it is me carrying. If hubby, the crying will escalate.

I have read a few books on sleep (just briefly only..) and I think I 认命 that I will have to wake up to feed baby for a long while cos breastfeeding haha. Just sometimes wonder when I can sleep through the night but then planning to have #2 in 2014..I think not gonna happen hahah.

Jac, your 10 mths sleep cycle maturing thing is giving me hope!! hahah. so another 1.5 mths more for me. I will look forward to it!

jac
ya i also agree with you lo...so long as we sleep comfortably, i think renqi is secondary....if never cosleep we have to wake up and down to bb cot or bed we will lagi mei-qi (no breathe) LOL

Yes i have read somewhere giving assurance and letting bb knows your presence helps in bb sleep - this is one of the benefit of co-sleeping. And for people who thinks that this will make bb more dependant on their parents and refuse to sleep alone...I read that well when their time to sleep alone comes, it will comes. Just like potty training lo. When they are prepared, they will be prepared.

looking4miracle,

My boy just feed alot and drool alot when he was teething. Four teeth in a span of two months. I breastfeed so it helps his teething. He hasn't taken the bottle for almost half a year liao when he bottle rejected too.

Any mums have babies who fuss when they finish their food, like want to eat more? I quite scared to feed more leh, cos like the portion of solids he eats looks alot plus he gets snacks in between too. He will "cry" when i tell him no more and move the bowl away. Haha

enitsuj
mine will keep looking at the bowl lo. she always make sure that there is food left and will keep eating till no more :p
sometimes when she wail for more I will just give..she will stop when she's full

Any moms have a habit of washing baby's bum after poo? I am wondering how to do it lei...now bb is trying to stand up and all, more tough to do on wash basin le.

Back