(2012/01) Jan 2012

jingles
Hahahaha...thanks for the comfort. i feel better. As for descaling, okie okie, let me try to get what I need and try it out.
happy.gif
I feel much better now.

Yah jkids
I am also keen to know which two qns made you changed your mind abt the nanny!

Vanessa, my boy is also taking 150ml per feed for just 5 feeds per day due to his reflux issue. He is actually drinking lesser than ideal intake coz he is 6.2kg now, 5 feeds is only 750ml instead of the 930ml that he should drink in total. Haiz. Contemplating whether to break his feed into 90ml per 2 hrs as his pd suggested, but seems like going back to his younger days. Long stretch of feeding time had helped stretch his sleeping time, im not too keen to go back to the 2 hrly feed. Haiz.

cyy, my boy is also 8kg at 15 wks. on the heavy side. every1 say look like me coz round round lo. sigh.

vanessa, same! I felt so frustrated after helplessly trying to soothe my boy for more than 2hrs. my boy actually sort of fainted & we rushed him to the GP downstairs. heng nothing serious, else dunno how I can ever forgive myself. still feel very guilty till now. sobs.

im taking care of my child who is battling cough at this hour.. very tiring..

anyway, for mommies who intro yao lan to their babies, do u let ur bb sleep in yao lan all day n night? if u go out, do ur babies fuss bcos they want to sleep in yao lan? how do u wean ur bb off yao lan and when will that be.. my boy super fussy right now, gotta put him in or i wil go extra depressed..

silsilly

poor thing. i think you are really really lack of sleep now. remember to drink loads of water and some booster like chix of essence.

for yaolan when bb was smaller we will let her sleep in there during her naps and let her sleep there during the evening, then carry her to her bed after her next feed. We use the yaolan more to lull her to sleep than her sleeping place. But lately seems like she no longer like the yaolan...she much prefer her bed, put her in the yaolan she will scream.

For weaning of the yaolan, think we should not think about that first. Priority is items that can make bb less fussy and allow you to have more rest and peace of mind. Think if yaolan and pacifier can do the trick, just give it bah...if not cannot retain sanity and have peace.

silsilly, think u shld not worry abt weaning ur boy off the yaolan at this pt in time ba. more impt to keep him from fussing & u from getting depressed. can worry abt weaning when he's older & less fussy ba. I use a bb carrier when I go out, coz my boy doesn't want to sit in the stroller. he's less fussy & sleeps well when i carry him in the carrier.

Silsilly: think probably you shd try to get some help. Try to take a break and dun stress yourself. Sometimes put your kid at your parents/ relative hse and go out to enjoy some private time with hubby? I put my son at my parents place when I'm at work.

I will make it a point to go watch one movie with hubby every fri to relax. Sat then go shopping with hubby and baby. Must learn to relax and u will enjoy motherhood better.
happy.gif

If your child is not easy to coax to sleep, just use yaolan first. Dun worry abt how u going to wean him off. Try to solve the problem for now. Pacifier can help to self soothe.. Good way for baby to sleep too. My son loves to sit inside his pram. So actually if we bring him out, he actually can sleep v long. Baby carrier is out for me cos too heavy if shop too long
try push him around in stroller and see whether he likes the motion?

jingles...
y so kanteong...haha... i juz log in leh

ok mummies...the 2 questions i asked ah...actually are common q parents will ask, nothing unexpected. juz that i dun like the way she answered me, they came out as rude and no assurance to parents. 1st interview oredi hesistant whether to use her coz i suspect she is an ah-lian when young, but at this age, mellow down liao... so thought maybe give her a 2nd chance with a phone interview.

then during phone interview...one of the q i was concerned was d toddler in her house...so i asked her a few tings based on that such as who looked after the toddler when sick. and if she was the one looking after, how she assured bb wun get the virus? i was quite KL when i asked her..."how often the toddler falls sick"...then she ans me rudely..."who wants to fall sick". dam it...dun i have the rite to know if i am to place my bb safely with u? not answering to my q and not giving me any kind of assurance. so she was out of my choice.

then, when we had our 1st interview at her house, we found her windows closed one, curtains almoz fully drawn, wif fan on. so we asked y she closed windows. then she said she "was going out later". then after we left her place we saw her going out to daobao lunch. hmn...lying or what huh? then for the next few days we went to observe her house...saw windows closed all times so far. tis oso want to lie. how to trust?

i am going semi nuts over this nanny thing. i dun wana be fussy but certain things really cant accommodate. no smokers, no pets, no boys. then my no2 oso makes me nuts. he recently has been getting allegy in his palate(redness) and sch would call to tell me, as if he has got hfmd like that and want me to fetch him home. the sch is paronoid, turning me into one oso. the sch upon seeing redness or 1 ulcer will want u to bring kids home one whether its really hfmd or not. a few times i hav to bring my no2 to see doc to get some assurance and go back to assurance my teacher as well. every moring, i scare to rec phone call fr them, esp when i see redness in his palate. find it stressful to have kids leh. no kids oso stressed.

i want to ask u mummies here. if the nanny is not too bad, but stay 2 roads away from u where u will kena rain one b4 u reach her place, will u consider her if there is no other option?

silsilly:
wat the mummies said are correct-worry abt weaning off at a later stage. i oso started using sarong and pacifier on my bb, can sleep much more and better. when i had no1, i was v stubborn, refused to use sarong and suffered myself, regretted now. so when i had no2 i used both but still i had a hard time with no2. even sarong and pacifier oso cannot help. almoz want to throw him down the flat. heng, never! so if yours can work, jus use lah.

seriously, i duno how to go back to work wif an unsettled mind. even if in the end my mil will help temp till i find a nanny, i noe she will one day suddenly says she will quit immediately if we still cannot find a suitable nanny. i cannot be extending my leave liao lah. this no3 give me the most stress, haha. no wonder pp dun want to have more kids.

jkids
i agree with u...certain things really cannot close one eye de. Cos if can, it will no longer be one eye, its going to be 2 eyes lo.
For me, I will, cos even though 2 streets away, at least I know that my bb will be with a better caregiver for the long 8 hours. Distance does not matter so long the caregiver is good (just like mine, MIL is in Jurong, and I am in Punggol). If scared of touch rain, can get a carrier with a rain pouch de lo. Ergo carriers have....put bb inside, pull pouch over her head and carry umbrella.

Same as me. I also came back to work with an unsettled mind. Everyday I am afraid duno if my mil can handle BB, everyday missing her. But no choice, I guess motherhood is never a smooth journey, except for a rare few ones, our ride will always be bumpy and full of surprises. Take one day as it is, as positive as we can. If not why does people always say - mother love is always the greatest.

Brink: I am a SAHM too. My baby drink similac too. We also switched her to total comfort brfore but bb doesnt like the taste. My baby is 13 weeks and only drink 100ml every 2 hrs during day time. night time she can stretch longer. I dunno how to make her take more and stretch her to 3-4 hrs also. Well at least per day she can take plus minus 800ml. But same with cyy,my baby becomes more playful now during feeding time and if other people feeds her instead of me, she will only drink 40-50ml. Any mums experiencing this?

Silsilly: I understand ur frustations. Really u have to take break. My baby will fuss during milk time when my mum or hubby gives it to her but i have no choice la. I think take a break for few hours will be better for me and baby also.

Jkids: where to find adhoc nanny ya? Got contact or link to share? i think ur situation a bit complex with mIl arrangement. I find if one does want to try to put heart into it, no matter how easy or diff is the job, the person will feel like they cannot do it. Maybe u can consider the 2 roads away nanny till you find a more suitable one or better arrangement: if rain really heavy, may need to take cab but at least baby will not catch cold.

About teething, I read somewhere that it will follow genetically. Meaning if u or ur hubby starts teething on 3rd mth, baby will high chance follow.

Mummies, how many hrs can ur 3 mth old baby now sleep through the night without waking up for milk?

delphina

try to search singapore nanny and u will be able to find. I try to put one website here but its not allow...

Haiz..i miss bb v v much
sad.gif

jingles
I wrote to Philips about the descaling stuff and they replied we can use citric acid to descale.

Here's an extract of the reply:

"We recommend our customers to descale the unit using a citric acid every 3 months. You may purchase the citric acid through our Spare Parts Department as they handle product availability and pricing. Herewith is their contact detail: Philips Spare Parts Department620A Lorong 1 Toa PayohTP4 Building Level 1 – Consumer CareSingapore 319762Tel: 68823483Operating Hours – Mondays to Fridays 9am to 6pm, Saturdays 9am to 1pm"

Hi Mummies, I am from Mar 2012 Mummy. I read through your posting,seems like most of you have switch to total formula feeding? I will b gg back to wrk after 3rd mth,so need sm advise on pumping or shld I switch to total formula?

Wanda, I am tbfg while on ML. Have just bought a set of Medela pump to leave in office permanently, and continue to latch while at home. My mum will feed my ebm + fm when bb is under her care. Have also bought 1 big and 1 small Fridge -to-go carrier to maintain cool temperature / freshness of ebm on journey home.

Hi delphina,

Great to hear that you are a sahm..Me too. But am trying to get a part-time job in order to claim the mcys subsidy for my first boy who is in full day childcare.
What do you usually do at home as a sahm?I realize by staying home,not having the spending and earning power, I tend to throw temper at my hubby who is working hard at work...poor hubby..haiz...
How many children do you have?

Jkids: read from the web realize you are having 3, wow....how did you cope? 2, I already almost die even when my first go full day childcare since we have no helper and everything we do it ourselves...sometimes really so tired...no mood for anything...When my first is back from cc, it is like getting him to eat dinner, shower, change, wash his clothes and bb clothes f the day, fold clothes that are dry from previous day, wash dishes, wash milk bottle, get the bb ready f bed...by the time can rest already maybe 11pm or 12am...

Brink,

I'm from the feb thread, your situation sounds similar to mine. To make things worse, my pumping session is 1hr each with washing. Now I'm still on ML can't imagine what will happen when I start work. Some advice that I've received were to engage part time help for housework or get a maid. Really can't be doing all on our own. Thankfully in my case my mil is helping out some days.

valteen
thanks for checking
happy.gif

I have tried vinegar over the weekend...some of the spots still there! So irritating! Not sure if I have left the vinegar not long enough..hmmm

mommies
wonder where u all bring your babes to over the weekend?
any suggestion of a child friendly place?

my boy is having diarrhea. poos after every feed. gonna bring him to PD later. sigh. last tues juz start work then today muz take leave liao. boss sure not happy. sigh.

morning mummies..

i'm back to work today..
missing from the forum cos my #1 was down with influenza A last week..was off from cc for a week. lucky already sent my bb to my mum's plc last sun.

jingles: i dont bring bb out on wkends..so he is a mountain turtle..haha...for #1, she also seldom goes out when young..cos my hb either working or went soccer with friends in the morning then came back sleep. :S so usually i bring her to my auntie's plc just opp my mum's plc to play with my cousin's kids when she was much older.

hello moscato!!!

poor thing...ya its the flu season. My colleagues also prewarn me now flu season. So dont bring young infants out lo..try to keep at home.

No la..not MT, just we are more KS :p
For me, bring out to park scared dengue
Bring to shopping areas scared of airborne disease...also scared my bb will cry her head off la..then I will panick.

For me, she has no cousin kids also. So...abit difficult to let her meet other kids unless bring her to Gymboree or something.

I just brought my gal for her 6-in-1 jab n doctor's assessment at polyclinic..doc said my bb is not gaining enough weight at 3 months old, ask me to increase her intake of milk. But my gal sometimes refuse to drink her milk at those intervals and now I'm so worried that she's not growing well..
Any suggestions for bb to gain more weight? My gal is on Mamex, should I change to another brand of milk?

my #1 didnt attend classes like Gymboree cos my hb doesnt allow..he said waste $$..haa...so far she only attended 1 trial class at My Gym when she was 10 mths old..

actually quite troublesome to bring bb out..too many things to bring cos my kids on FM..hot water..plain water..diapers...my attention will be all on bb...no mood to shop..every 3 hrs need to find a plc to make milk..feed...so i dont really bring bb when young..

Jingles, I live near nex so I always bring bb there, n there's a nursing room inside Isetan so it's very convenient. Only down side is that it's really crowded on weekends

Medory, my boy was on Mamax but he has reflux and start rejecting his milk totally, so now i switched him to frisco comfort. He still fuss a bit but at least can finish his milk. He is drinking now at 3.5 hrly to 4 hrly intervals. Maybe u want bring ur gal to pd juz for 1 time off assessment? I brought mine to pd at week 6 for colic while continuing vaccinations at pol

hfmd hit high last week...so avoid crowded places ah. very stressed when lil ones get sick one.

so mumies who have gone back to work...can share whether u can catch up wif what u hv missed during yr absence? does your coverer mess up your work? i am returning to work soon too...very scared leh

valteen:
good to hear bb got a place!

delphina:
adhoc nanny services have leh. u can google "baby nanny" for the agency. this agency dominates the mkt, d rest cant really makei t. very ex i checked. min 4 hrs, $20/h if nany comes to your house. still muz pay agent fee.

medory:
do u try to burp bb halfway thro the feed? sometimes after being burped, bb will be able to continue wif their milk

jingle n moscato:
1st few weeks i avoid bringing bb out except to grandparetns house or for jabs. i scare he will fall sick. the other day i brought him out, he cried outside ha. hearing vehicle sound oso cry, whaha, win liao. everything looks unfamilar to him except his own house.

jingles:
anyway...since u and mil dun stay close to each other, do u leave her overnite at her house until fri then pick up?

jac:
yah its like that one. how many are understanding these days? not easy to bal work and family. hope bb is ok.

brink:
i oso went thro it b4 but now that my kids are older, things are abit better. sometimes really pek chek as we only have so much time to do so many things rite. my older ones are in ccc so day time is still ok since i only handle one. makes bb sleep in sarong during daytime so he sleeps longer. then i skip lunch and cater dinner. i still hv time to surf net and nap, ifnot, i do mach or handwash on alt days depending on the load. then milkbotte, wash when i accumlate 3 bottles, haha. but i get busy at nite when the older ones ret me. bathing and eating and go thro sch work. i usuall sleep at 12, but coz i can still nap, so not so bad. weekend is the busiest! bascially no time to rest. my only rest is to sit down to enjoy my tea for 10 min. always pray bb sleeps longer so i can do other housework. how old is your 1st one? do u cook dinner? can mach wash his clothes on alt days, even for bb? coz bb dun really spill out milk and dirty their top oredi? i bought 5 sets of uniforms for each kid so i dun have to do washing daily ha.then i accunmlate my clothes and fold one so that can work faster by doing in batches.

moscato, hope ur #1 has recovered? the queue at the kids clinic is really jialat if got no appt. my mum went to take queue no at 8am. 6th in queue. till now they haven't call yet. sigh. actually I find it quite ok to bring my boy out leh, but of coz together with my hb la, can't manage alone. I usually prefilled 2-3 milk bottles with plain water & milk powder into milk powder containers & bring along a small thermal flask with hot water. we'll go to wang, ya kun, etc to make the milk & feed my boy when it's near his feeding time. at the same time daddy & mummy can have our daily fix of teh c & kaya toasts too.

deplhina:
if on bed my bb cansleep for 2-4 hrs w/o waking up. if in sarong, can be 5 hrs. but i usally make bb sleep when he wakes up during thenite coz i am training bb to skip the nite feed.

me and hub didnt teeth that early, not even our older ones, but my bb is starting to teeth now, got 2 coming out. nowonder he is pek chek this days.

About teething, I read somewhere that it will follow genetically. Meaning if u or ur hubby starts teething on 3rd mth, baby will high chance follow.

Mummies, how many hrs can ur 3 mth old baby now sleep through the night without waking up for milk?

jkids, really pei fu u leh. still can work, look after kids & baby, & do housework. u gonna get any help after u return to work?

jingle:
your suggestion of a carrier with a rain pouch sounds better than using a stroller, ha. except that carry daily to and fro will still result in pain at the leg sole.

anyone oredi having leg sole pain due to carrying bb?

jac:
i have a adhoc pt maid who comes when she is avail. other than that no help. but if kids fall sick when i ret to work, i will ask mil to stand by. looking after older kids are easier so no excuse for her. been trying ways to cut corners so that i can reduce the workload. juz "tong" haha...sometimes tong until i have migraine. when u dun realise it, time will fly very fast.

very heartpain...the nanny fee is 700. when start to intro solid food, it will hit 800. i really want to cry out...so heartpain... muz put bb in ccc when hit toodler liao

Jac: i think she is almost recovered..so far her teacher didn't call me..so think she is fine. She stayed at hm for a week..get teary when she is in sch this morning..

Think u have to wait til 2 plus for your turn. My hb said emergency cannot go there..take so long to see doc. :p Last wed i brought #1 to my own PD instead going to Kids' Clinic.

*yawn*...so sleepy at work...:p

wahhh so long posts after coming back from lunch!

jkids
yes i burp bb inbetween feeds...sometimes half way she will stop drinking. And at times when i burp her she will belch out really loud lo...then continue feeding. Yes, I will bring bb back on fri nights...bth my colls who call me weekend mommy...even I dont see bb during weekdays doesnt mean i am not working hard for her lo..I am still working in the office and night time miss her also...also washing her clothes and all preparing her to come back on fri. Then midweek will go and see her lo....
Dont see her during weekdays doesnt mean I dont carry her for 9 months and goes thru delivery -.-
bth those insensitive colls of mine.

work wise is shitty lo...my temp staff did not really do my job..believe it or not she goes ard telling ple that she will leave all these things till i come back then let me do...really wat the hell -.- duno pay her for the past 3 months for wat...

yes...time flies v v fast...last time i need to hold and support my bb v tight when feed and bath cos v soft and neck not much support..now bb bigger le...*sobs sobs* gg to miss her when she is totally a small bundle...now big le...

jingles: dont get upset over their comments. They are not in our shoes..they won't understand. We also wish to see our bb everyday..u are better than me..still can see bb midweek..me only wkends...i havent see my bb for 1 whole wk cos #1 down with influenza A so got to separate them. My hb was sick too..so worried he also caught the virus so all 3 of us better stay away from bb.

moscato
yah....i was kind of hurt lei...wat do u mean by weekend mommy...i will still travel up and down like a monkey to visit my little one lei.If possible and health allow and financial allow, I wont even work and be bb's main caregiver. Will not want to miss out bb's development also
sad.gif

stupid brainless ple.

jingles: recently there is an article..this kind of arrangements becomes quite common in SG now...the headlines is "My grannny, my mum"..something like that..
happy.gif

Jac: how's your bb? need to go on soy formula for the time being? what time did u manage to see Dr. Lillian?

yup..in ST..
hmm...some cases said the arrangement is good..some said the kids were upset cos parents not with them...took a long time to get used to staying with parents when they moved back to their parents but these kids were quite grown up already..meaning staying with grandparents for many years.

moscato
ohhhh....ya if stay v long then its gg to be tough lo...just like me when I was a kid, think my mom need to wrestle me away from my aunty :p
think she nearly died from frustration
happy.gif

but i have no intention to put my bb there for v v long...then when can get in CC i will bring her back already...

jkids, yeah wang is a cafe like ya kun. my boy still wakes up for his nite feed. thou juz once at 4am now. I've a feeling he'll be waking up to feed for a long time. probably until he starts on solid?

I have about 80 milk bottles (Safe & Non toxic - BPA free and Phthalates Free). Mostly used only 2-5 times because of the huge number I have for milk storage in the freezer - so there's still a lot of life left for these bottles.

Brands range from Tollijoy, Nuk to Autumnz. Bought brand new for about $1.70(minimum cost) per bottle. Want to sell at $1.20 each.
Size: 5oz (include screw rings and sealing discs for each bottle)

I have a couple of big bottles about 8-10 bottles which were opened but never used as my baby never graduated to that size. Would like to sell at $2 each.

Please PM me if interested. Or go to http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6948706.html?1335150827

Back